Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Toyguru talks about PoP in 2012

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Nope, no pink for Berserker, dude
    But I thought you were a smiling good guy? I figured you'd be all over pink, B-Zerker!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; December 27, 2011 at 01:47pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Here's a little encouragement.

hahaha!! She's the cutest!! I love her thinking, and the emphasis she puts in everything she says, haha!

Some people here need to learn
    Toy Boys, Inc. Customs here ----> http://www.flickr.com/toyboys-inc

add us on Facebook! ToyBoys Movies

Horde doesn't count as POP in my MOTU cannon, and besides of Scorpia I don't need any Filmation Horde member anymore.

And I got Teela, Evil-Lyn, Catra and will get Sorceress & Shadow Weaver. That's enough women for my taste.

Since last year, I became very selective and sold a bunch of figures I didn't need and I will continue this trend. I don't want everything MOTU and I don't want 200+ figures standing around in my appartment.

I need more matching accessories for figures I already have, like the magenta Faker stuff! Posing is so much fun with more accessories!
    I can definitely understand the need to limit what you collect (I mean, unless I buy another huge Ikea cabinet, I will have nowhere to put half of the 2011 figures, and DEFINITELY nowhere to put the Wind Waider LOL!!

My hope for everyone here is that we get the most out of these characters. I love characters like Mermista and Flogg just as much as I love Stonedar and Mosquitor. So it can be hard for me to understand when someone doesn't feel open to possibly liking a Frosta figure or a Lord Dactys. I just hope that everyone keeps an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    When I was a kid, I would have rather played with Teela, Evil Lyn, He-Man, and Skeletor over Flutterina (and would still prefer that as an adult).

I guess that made me a demented, sexist child who needed (and still needs) to do some soul-searching.
    I know I didn't call anyone demented or sexist. I don't think anyone else did either. Your preferences are totally reasonable. And what's cool about you is that you're able to enjoy a reimagining of figures from the other canons in MOTUC. That's awesome.

Yeah, I'm the one starting a fire. Definitely.
    What fire? We're just talking
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    When I was a kid, I would have rather played with Teela, Evil Lyn, He-Man, and Skeletor over Flutterina (and would still prefer that as an adult).

I guess that made me a demented, sexist child who needed (and still needs) to do some soul-searching.
    I think someone needs to watch that video of the little girl, Brian posted. She explains it's okay to like whatever you like and you don't have to fall into the "company's" trap of "boy toys" and "girl toys."

It would be nice if all toys were marketed and packaged as gender neutral. Then there wouldn't be any fights over what's for boys and what's for girls and kids could shop in the same toy aisles and all have fun instead of being judged. *shrugs*
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    What would I do without you. I have found myself.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It would be nice if all toys were marketed and packaged as gender neutral.
    Sorry. I can't be a party to this. I would never be able to get any truly evil skull demons and monsters if the toys were supposed to be gender neutral. I never knew too many little girls who were into skulls and monsters.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Sorry. I can't be a party to this. I would never be able to get any truly evil skull demons and monsters if the toys were supposed to be gender neutral. I never knew too many little girls who were into skulls and monsters.
    We need skull demon monster toys that come in Barbie pink colored packages!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    But I thought you were a smiling good guy? I figured you'd be all over pink, B-Zerker!
    Smiling time is over! I'm ready for some head-cracking. You can have their souls...

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I can definitely understand the need to limit what you collect (I mean, unless I buy another huge Ikea cabinet, I will have nowhere to put half of the 2011 figures, and DEFINITELY nowhere to put the Wind Waider LOL!!

My hope for everyone here is that we get the most out of these characters. I love characters like Mermista and Flogg just as much as I love Stonedar and Mosquitor. So it can be hard for me to understand when someone doesn't feel open to possibly liking a Frosta figure or a Lord Dactys. I just hope that everyone keeps an open mind.
    There are a lot of well made figures on the market, but I need a mental connection to them. Sadly, I have no connection to POP, so I cannot just buy and enjoy these figures. I mean, I'll get Scorpia & Shadow Weaver, already have Catra. That's POP enough

But there's a lot more I avoid to buy, especially for next year, it couls be also PoG, NA, 200x or Vintage! There are lame characters everywhere in this eras, so I'll have to keep up cherry picking...
    Last edited by Berserker79; December 27, 2011 at 05:23pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    We need skull demon monster toys that come in Barbie pink colored packages!
    No, that's not what I meant. There can still be skulls and demons, dolls, etc...just have gender neutral colours, packaging and marketing. Like...in the commercials show boys and girls playing with the toys and sell all toys in the same aisles instead of having boy aisles and girl aisles. Girls stuff doesn't ALL have to be pink all the time. You know how many girls hate pink? ...and package them in colours that everyone can enjoy.

I just think kids would be better off that way and they could all have fun instead of being separated and certain toys being taboo to own. That's just silly to me. I used to go through ALL the toy aisles as a kid, but would have to pretend I was looking for a present for my cousin if anyone I knew caught me in the girl's aisle. Kids shouldn't have to worry about that kind of stuff, in my opinion. They're just toys.

For a "girls" toy line, I think Monster High by Mattel is doing a good job with the gender-neutral thing. They're dolls, sold in the girls aisle, but they are packaged in comic-book style packaging with gender-neutral colours and the dolls appeal to all ages and genders. I think that's pretty cool.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    There are a lot of well made figures on the market, but I need a mental connection to them.
    You forgot to put #BlindedByNostalgia after that statement!

I grew up with He-Man AND She-Ra so I love all the figures from then. The 200x and NA stuff not so much, but I do warm up to them once I have them in hand.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    You forgot to put #BlindedByNostalgia after that statement!

I grew up with He-Man AND She-Ra so I love all the figures from then. The 200x and NA stuff not so much, but I do warm up to them once I have them in hand.
    LOL, yeah, sometimes this term is true... Nostalgia plays a big role...

I grew up with He-Man AND She-Ra so I love all the figures from then.
    Oooooh. Sorry to hear that. Is there any charity I can donate to that is trying to find a cure for that debilitating mental condition?

Its been a couple pages since its been mentioned so can we please please please get Glimmer in 2012??? Sea Hawk can wait...

I guess Frosta is pretty much set in stone...but the people in charge might wanna think about how she is a POP figure that many people who might not want all the POP girls will want so she'd be better suited to be revealed later in the year when subs are on sale or early in the following year as an incentive to get people to buy subs. Also...Frosta in the winter months = win!

And Glimmer can be sold next summer to complete the main three rebels...pretty please?

I'll be seriously overjoyed if we get two more POP monthly releases in 2012...no matter who they are. But if one was Glimmer...that would make it so much sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    Its been a couple pages since its been mentioned so can we please please please get Glimmer in 2012??? Sea Hawk can wait...

I guess Frosta is pretty much set in stone...but the people in charge might wanna think about how she is a POP figure that many people who might not want all the POP girls will want so she'd be better suited to be revealed later in the year when subs are on sale or early in the following year as an incentive to get people to buy subs. Also...Frosta in the winter months = win!

And Glimmer can be sold next summer to complete the main three rebels...pretty please?

I'll be seriously overjoyed if we get two more POP monthly releases in 2012...no matter who they are. But if one was Glimmer...that would make it so much sweeter.
    Absolutely I'm hoping that well see Frosta and Glimmer in 2012 but I'm now convinced Sea Hawk has taken Glimmer's spot.

Sea Hawk needs to wait basically, it's time for Glimmer and it's about time we had the three core rebels completed.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Absolutely I'm hoping that well see Frosta and Glimmer in 2012 but I'm now convinced Sea Hawk has taken Glimmer's spot.

Sea Hawk needs to wait basically, it's time for Glimmer and it's about time we had the three core rebels completed.
    Agreed, we must get the core female rebellion first. Come on matty just give us frosta, glimmer, angela, and castaspella first. My rebellion at home consist of only she ra, and bow. I really wish they would just do a pop club membership, just so that we can get many of the top pop characters. I will even join my first club membership.

I would never be able to get any truly evil skull demons and monsters if the toys were supposed to be gender neutral. I never knew too many little girls who were into skulls and monsters.
    Obviously you've not seen the Monster High stuff yet... There are skulls and monsters and stuff in that line. Perhaps you should check it out and maybe get some! LOL.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post

They are just rumors. . Things can change!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Two xmas tales

I saw pink Lego is the toy store - girls' aisle.

Some toy-store recently re-organised, getting rid of the gender aisles & organising by age only. It almost cause a riot.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Kate...I mean Castaspella in 2012!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Obviously you've not seen the Monster High stuff yet... There are skulls and monsters and stuff in that line. Perhaps you should check it out and maybe get some! LOL.
    Well, actually I have seen The Monster High products and while I applaud bringing the "darker" stuff to little girls, it is still pretty light on the horror. I wouldn't have been interested in Monster High as a kid. When I speak of skulls, demons and monsters for kids I think of Skeleton Warriors, Supernaturals, Teddy Scares and the like...

Well, actually I have seen The Monster High products and while I applaud bringing the "darker" stuff to little girls, it is still pretty light on the horror. I wouldn't have been interested in Monster High as a kid. When I speak of skulls, demons and monsters for kids I think of Skeleton Warriors, Supernaturals, Teddy Scares and the like...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1021/...0e28bd579f.jpg

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale...ooksMOSC1a.jpg

http://www.reelcollectibles.co.nz/im..._scares_s2.jpg

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im.../AL80302lg.jpg
    i don't even know boys that play with any of those bears.

eta: four of those just look like monster bears and wouldn't be a big deal for me, but two of them look like convicts/axe murderers and are something i wouldn't buy for either of my kids.
    Last edited by EldestSon; December 28, 2011 at 11:52am.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i don't even know boys that play with any of those bears.
    Well, they are a niche product and were released a few years ago. If they had these when I was a kid I probably would have bought them.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    eta: four of those just look like monster bears and wouldn't be a big deal for me, but two of them look like convicts/axe murderers and are something i wouldn't buy for either of my kids.
    Yeah they are pretty cool! But, to be fair, they are labeled as being for kids who are the "unlucky ages of 13 and up". Actually I bought my niece the limited edition convict bear in old-timey prison clothes, Granger Evermore, and she likes it. She is 3 years old.

Also another great monster toyline that probably wouldn't appeal to girls would be Inhumanoids.