Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru talks about PoP in 2012

Seems like a lot of people are getting very worked up over semantics. PoP is my favorite part of this line but I like all facets of the MOTU universe. I believe PoP has been VERY well represented so far, especially this year.

Like some that have posted so far, I would really prefer Glimmer to get that 2012 spot (you can't have Bow and Adora without Glimmer!) but I'm expecting Frosta or Castaspella and will be thrilled with any of them. I'm excited to see how any of these ladies will look.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I would be ecstatic if the next nine months of reveals ( the rest of 2012 and first quarter 2013) was three vintage MOTU, three POP 2 female rebels and Sea Hawk) one 200x, one NA preferably Hydron, Darius, Flogg, Mara, or Crita, and one mini comic I would be very happy with this. plus let's not forget there's still a SDCC and a Club Eternia Exclusive to add to those.

I really wish they would announce at NYTF or SDCC some out of the club skus or add some new ones for 2013 to include the little guys Kowl, Imp, Loo-Kee, Madame Razz, Gwildor, the Trollans, The Twiggets, Cursed Marzo, and Odiphus. Plus there are two $40 dollar beast spots left for 2012 hopefully one of these is Horde Troopers something else for the Vintage Purists that doesn't have to count as one of the coveted 12 spots. Or even a special sku for Modulok, Multi-Bot, and Sagitar at maybe a $25 price point.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Question for the hardcore PoP fans: Which are the core members of the rebellion? I'm getting confused with regards to the "membership" of this group...
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Question for the hardcore PoP fans: Which are the core members of the rebellion? I'm getting confused with regards to the "membership" of this group...
    All the characters that were actually released in the original toyline.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I agree with this. If you want to break it down even further, it's Adora/She-Ra, Bow, Glimmer and Kowl...like Adam/He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Teela and Cringer.

Since Mattel has Filmation rights now, Madam Razz and Broom! She's PoP's Orko.

We have all those MOTU characters already. We need Glimmer, Kowl, Madam Razz & Broom. Like...now.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I can't completely agree with that. I would count Madame Razz and Broom as core members of the rebellion, certainly more than characters like Spinerella and Double Trouble. The "core" rebellion to me has always consisted of:

Adora/She-Ra
    Spirit/Swiftwind
    Glimmer
    Bow
    Madame Razz
    Broom
    Kowl
    and Queen Angella

Other characters were certainly in the rebellion but played much smaller roles with some ,such as Frosta and Castaspella, being more prominent that others. I would even consider characters like the Twiggets more core rebellion that someone like Frosta. They lived in the Whispering Woods at the main camp of the rebellion as opposed to the queen of a kingdom in a completely different part of Etheria.

But I agree that, as far as people proclaiming that they want their "core female rebellion members", most people are referring to characters who had figures in the original PoP toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I agree with this. If you want to break it down even further, it's Adora/She-Ra, Bow, Glimmer and Kowl.
    That's not all the characters that's been removed, that's only 4. And that makes it even more confusing. So is it just 4 members in the core group or all 22 released? And there were 22 characters removed in the vintage line, so that's a large "core" group of rebellion members going by urbanmyth's definition... Is there a defined core group of great rebellion members? I'm sure King Micah or Loo-Kee, eventhough they are Great Rebellion members, aren't in the "core" group (although there might be some who'd disagree).

Edit: Thanks for the definition Swifty of who you consider to be the core group.
    Last edited by Novelty; December 18, 2011 at 11:56pm. Reason: responding to swifty.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

Edit: Thanks for the definition Swifty of who you consider to be the core group.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome but that's just my opinion. There is no "official" list to define what you are looking to answer because, as you can see, it is open to interpretation. If you're wondering who most people are referring to when they say things like "we want our core rebellion gals!" you can rest assured it's pretty much Glimmer, Castaspella, and Frosta.
    Last edited by Swifty; December 19, 2011 at 12:04am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

She-Ra
    Light Hope
    Spirit/Swiftwind
    Glimmer
    Bow & Kowl
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Twigettes (Spragg, Sprocker & I forget the 3rd one)
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Frosta
    SeaHawk
    Mermista
    Flutterina
    Peekablue
    Sorrowful the dragon
    Snout Spout
    SweetBee
    Perfuma

While Netossa & Spinnerella helped the rebellion I don't know they were ever actual made offical members. The same with the Star Sisters(in there 30 seconds of airtime & prototype figures)

27, I think that's it...

EDIT: (As pointed out)

Loo-Kee

28 MEMBERS!!!
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; December 19, 2011 at 12:23am.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Weren't the Star Sisters members? They were in Whispering Woods after all...

The trouble is that they weren't in alot of episodes.

And I thought Mermista and Peekablue were like Zodak and Moss Man, characters who helped the heroes, but not actual members.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Peekablue (in the cartoon), wanted nothing to do with them until she was kidnapped by Hordak. She was perfectly happy living away from the world in her little home.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    She-Ra
    Spirit/Swiftwind
    Glimmer
    Bow & Kowl
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Twigettes (Sproked, Sprout & I forget the 3rd one)
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Frosta
    SeaHawk
    Mermista
    Flutterina
    Peekablue
    Sorrowful the dragon
    Snout Spout
    SweetBee
    Perfuma

While Netossa & Spinnerella helped the rebellion I don't know they were ever actual made offical members. The same with the Star Sisters(in there 30 seconds of airtime & prototype figures)

I think that's it...
    If Sorrowful the Dragon is part of the Great Rebellion then so is Loo-Kee lol.

It's pretty clear that this is open to interpretation. Also, "core" implies something entirely different than simply being a member.

Well...Loo-Kee does know He-Man and She-Ra's secret identities...and he went to Eternia to get He-Man...and helped save all of Etheria. That was a big adventure for our favourite Keebler Elf!

I did it by those that where featured working with the rebellion.

Mermista was the only member of her race that fought with the rebellion. Her father, like Peekablue wanted nothing to do with them until they were in danger of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Weren't the Star Sisters members? They were in Whispering Woods after all...
    Whispering Woods kept bad people out...or only those with bad intentions I should say. But interestingly enough Imp seemd the only Horde member immune to this magical charm...
    The Horde got in ONCE as they where guided in by Spinnerella...or Netossa I forget which one.

The StarSisters one and only apperance was in some rebellion fair thing...I think only Tallstar had about 2 lines and the other two stood in the background...

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    If Sorrowful the Dragon is part of the Great Rebellion then so is Loo-Kee lol.

It's pretty clear that this is open to interpretation. Also, "core" implies something entirely different than simply being a member.
    I'll concede to Loo-Kee...

so 28 members!

only 21 more to go!!!

That means only 7 more years until we get them all (based on the current rate)...but POP fans demand too much...

There were hundreds if not thousands of Rebellion members (non-magical powered etherians in the rebellion). Just stop arguing..WE NEED ALL 28!!!!!!!!!! :-P
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; December 19, 2011 at 12:29am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    Other characters were certainly in the rebellion but played much smaller roles with some ,such as Frosta and Castaspella, being more prominent that others. I would even consider characters like the Twiggets more core rebellion that someone like Frosta. They lived in the Whispering Woods at the main camp of the rebellion as opposed to the queen of a kingdom in a completely different part of Etheria.
    That's something I was wondering about too... I was never a HUGE fan fo the She-ra show... MAJOR fan of He-man... but I remember seein MUCH fewer She-ra than i did He-man...

Honestly, MOST of the gals I don't really remember being IN the 'Great Rebellion'... It was always Razz, She-ra, Glimmer, Bow... and a whole horde of villagers/merry men.

I think I saw ONE episode that actually Frosta in it... (who's figure I LOVED...) Angella, perfuma, mermista... I only saw Angella in the pilots/Secret fo the Sword... and a few guest stars in the Christmas special.

Anyone got a breakdown on how often some of these girls were around?? Maybe I was just unlucky when watching... but I have a hard time counting people as 'Core' and 'mandatory' if they have as many appearances as Lizard man

Also, "core" implies something entirely different than simply being a member.
    It's interesting that a thread about the core members of the Great Rebellion so often ends up with a list of all members of the Great Rebellion members. It is very confusing. So is it the general concensus among hardcore PoP fans that all Great Rebellion members are core members? If so, then requesting for the core figures would take years, assuming one a month, at the expense of everything else. I don't think that's a reasonable request to Mattel at all.

My core members are:

Adora
    Bow
    Kowl
    Madam Razz
    Broom
    Glimmer
    Lighthope

followed by the "tier 2":
    Peekablue
    Mermista
    Frosta
    Sea Hawk
    Loo-Kee
    Castaspella

But I'm not a diehard fanatic...
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    IMHO, I think the core members of the Great Rebellion are:

Adora/She-ra
    Glimmer
    Bow (and Kowl)
    Madame Razz (and Broom)
    Queen Angella
    Frosta
    Castaspella (even though these last two were less important in the POP cartoon than the aforementioned characters).

The Twiggets could be considered as core member as well since they appeared in several media (Filmation, Ladybird books...) living along Adora and co in the Whispering Woods.

Sea-Hawk and King Micah and all the other POP ladies (Double-Trouble, Mermista etc) are part of the Rebellion but because of their limited appearances in the Filmation cartoon or other books I wouldn't classify them as "core members"....

Because Mattel has Filmation Rights, core could mean all the figures that were made because they have access to ALL members of the Great Rebellion, like:

- 10 to 20 random villager guys and gals with pitchforks
    - Twiggets
    - Red Knight
    - Sea Hawk
    - Huntara
    - Madam Razz' old boyfriend Frit
    - Shakra
    - Sorrowful the Dragon

...and the list contines.

The toys would be the "core" group if you count all the Filmation PoP Great Rebellion characters. *shrugs*

I agree with this list, if you want to REALLY be specific though:

Adora
    Bow
    Kowl
    Madam Razz
    Broom
    Glimmer
    Lighthope

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I don't think that will be the case.

Oh Duke you're just being silly now, everyone knows we won't get scatchin sound catra. At least not before Scott gives us pregger's Evil-Lyn with new pregnant belly and a reused BGEV head, maybe she'll be barefoot and come with a mop and a house dress as you've so eloquently put it before.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Unfortunately two of the sources said that she is being delayed for a character that, as might be evidenced in this thread, would also be considered POP, but would indeed add to the ranks of the sausage Fest.
    So Glimmer has basically been bumped for Sea Hawk then?. That's not cool at all
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Maybe... they are just rumors... and we are talking about something MANY months away. Things change

Well, by the end of the series, it seemed like the core Rebellion was made up of:

Core Members:

-Adora / She-Ra
    -Spirit / Swift Wind
    -Madame Razz & Broom
    -The Twiggets
    -Bow
    -Arrow
    -Kowl
    -Queen Angella (The Whispering Woods is IN the kingdom of Brightmoon... Angella does not cooperate with the Horde, and taking her down is a HUGELY important goal for the Horde because she is the ruling face of the resistance)
    -Netossa (though she came late in the series, it seemed as though she lived in the Rebel camp)
    -Flutterina (same as Netossa)
    -Double Trouble (I include her because she is constantly active as a double agent for the Rebellion... even though, I guess, she lives in the Fright Zone pretending to spy for the Horde.. or does she?)
    -plus a whole slew of random commoners who live in the Great Rebellion encampment in the Whispering Woods

Highly supportive nobility:

-Castaspella (probably the biggest supporter and most public)
    -Mermista (princess of the underwater kingdoms)
    -Frosta (ice empress of the polar cap)
    -King Ahgo (troll king)

Supportive commoners:

-Peekablue
    -Perfuma
    -Sea Hawk
    -Swen
    -Spinnerella
    -Snout Spout (Hose Nose)
    -Loo-Kee
    -General Sunder
    -Enchanta (giant swan)
    -Sorroful (the dragon)
    -Norwyn

Supportive Outsiders/Aliens:

-Sweet Bee and her Hive
    -The Star Sisters (they ARE aliens...)
    -Eternians / The House of Randor
    -Trollans
    -The Rock People (Stonedar, Rokkon, Granita, Facet)
    -Comet Cat
    -Sundancer (the space horse in the cartoon / crystal horse in the mini-comics)
    -Moonbeam (crystal horse)
    -Huntara

Not sure where Light Hope falls in this... I mean, obviously he is TOTALLY supportive of the Rebellion... but is he actually the power in the Crystal Castle? Or is he an astral projection of someone from another world? is he a spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Oh Duke you're just being silly now, everyone knows we won't get scatchin sound catra. At least not before Scott gives us pregger's Evil-Lyn with new pregnant belly and a reused BGEV head, maybe she'll be barefoot and come with a mop and a house dress as you've so eloquently put it before.
    no - no house dress... just an unpainted version of the Teela tunic

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Anyone got a breakdown on how often some of these girls were around?? Maybe I was just unlucky when watching... but I have a hard time counting people as 'Core' and 'mandatory' if they have as many appearances as Lizard man
    The second season features a LOT more of the "friends" -- Mermista appears a bunch. Sweet Bee does a few times, as does Frosta. Perfuma does a couple of times, as does Peekablue. Flutterina is in two really good episodes... they actually make her interesting.

Netossa is in a few episodes too... Spinnerella only one. Double Trouble never appeared in the cartoon

Angella and Castaspella are all over the series.
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 19, 2011 at 03:58am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Maybe... they are just rumors... and we are talking about something MANY months away. Things change

Well, by the end of the series, it seemed like the core Rebellion was made up of:

Core Members:

-Adora / She-Ra
    -Spirit / Swift Wind
    -Madame Razz & Broom
    -The Twiggets
    -Bow
    -Arrow
    -Kowl
    -Queen Angella (The Whispering Woods is IN the kingdom of Brightmoon... Angella does not cooperate with the Horde, and taking her down is a HUGELY important goal for the Horde because she is the ruling face of the resistance)
    -Netossa (though she came late in the series, it seemed as though she lived in the Rebel camp)
    -Flutterina (same as Netossa)
    -Double Trouble (I include her because she is constantly active as a double agent for the Rebellion... even though, I guess, she lives in the Fright Zone pretending to spy for the Horde.. or does she?)
    -plus a whole slew of random commoners who live in the Great Rebellion encampment in the Whispering Woods

Highly supportive nobility:

-Castaspella (probably the biggest supporter and most public)
    -Mermista (princess of the underwater kingdoms)
    -Frosta (ice empress of the polar cap)
    -King Ahgo (troll king)

Supportive commoners:

-Peekablue
    -Perfuma
    -Sea Hawk
    -Swen
    -Spinnerella
    -Snout Spout (Hose Nose)
    -Loo-Kee
    -General Sunder
    -Enchanta (giant swan)
    -Sorroful (the dragon)
    -Norwyn

Supportive Outsiders/Aliens:

-Sweet Bee and her Hive
    -The Star Sisters (they ARE aliens...)
    -Eternians / The House of Randor
    -Trollans
    -The Rock People (Stonedar, Rokkon, Granita, Facet)
    -Comet Cat
    -Sundancer (the space horse in the cartoon / crystal horse in the mini-comics)
    -Moonbeam (crystal horse)
    -Huntara

Not sure where Light Hope falls in this... I mean, obviously he is TOTALLY supportive of the Rebellion... but is he actually the power in the Crystal Castle? Or is he an astral projection of someone from another world? is he a spirit?

no - no house dress... just an unpainted version of the Teela tunic

The second season features a LOT more of the "friends" -- Mermista appears a bunch. Sweet Bee does a few times, as does Frosta. Perfuma does a couple of times, as does Peekablue. Flutterina is in two really good episodes... they actually make her interesting.

Netossa is in a few episodes too... Spinnerella only one. Double Trouble never appeared in the cartoon

Angella and Castaspella are all over the series.
    Hey you forgot about Glimmer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    She-ra 91+Christmas Special
    Loo-kee 88
    Adora 87+cs
    Bow 72+cs
    Kowl 55+cs
    Madame Razz 50+cs
    Broom 45+cs
    Glimmer 45+cs
    Angella 14+cs
    Castaspella 9+cs
    Frosta 8+cs
    Flutterina 5+ cs
    Sea Hawk 6
    Peekablue 4+cs
    Mermista 4+cs
    Netossa 4
    Perfuma 2+cs
    Sorrowful 3
    Sweet Bee 2
    Spinnerella 1
    Starla 1
    Tallstar 1
    Jewelstar 1
    Double Trouble 0

Maybe... they are just rumors... and we are talking about something MANY months away. Things change .
    Hopefully things do change and we get POP's version of Man-at-Arms before Sea Hawk. Glimmer is over due big time.

As far as the core Rebels I always felt like there were three tier's:

Tier 1 - The Core
    She-Ra/Adora
    Gilmmer
    Bow
    Madame Razz
    Kowl
    Frosta
    Castaspella
    Queen Angella

Tier 2:

Mermista
    Netossa
    Flutterina

Tier 3:
    Everyone else
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Not trying to cause trouble, but I'm going to ask this question again as it keeps getting ignored.

WHY DID YOU WANT GREAT REBELLION MEMBERS WITH THE FIRST FEMALE BUCK?!

Any female figure before BP She-Ra has that first buck, so isn't it better that most of the favourites have been held back until the 2nd one was ready? Frosta, Glimmer et al should now have 2 piece outfits and will twist at the waist.

I personally feel we'll see at least one of these MIA GR members at NYTF next year, and she'll be a lot better than if she'd been released a year ago!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!