Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru talks about PoP in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Don't... ; I know that sarcasm is your thing, but you're going too far with this comment.

You know EXACTLY why Eamon's comments were "horrible." Frankly, if any other member here posted the way he does, they'd be suspended at the very least. That has nothing to do with not liking POP or the Star Sisters.

MOST fans don't think they are "horrible."

For example, I think Starla and Jewelstar are great. The sculpt for Tallstar is great too; I just think her color scheme is hideous.

Eamon's posts were unlike other people's here, which REASONABLY expressed a dislike of the Star Sisters.

I'm surprised that you don't know the difference.
    That difference doesn't seem to matter in Spector and Snake MAA threads. Everyone went Eamon on those two figures.

Seems like all POP fans agree these are the wrong Star Sisters, so shouldn't they go away and be done correctly? I've even seen certain people here call for the Horsemen to be fired and take digs at Emiliano for his suggestions.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If most POP fans agree the Star Sisters we are getting are meh, why was what Eamon said so horrible?
    Remember how Vintage fans complained about getting ___________ before Man-E-Faces/Sorceress/Ram Man?

This is the POP version. POP fans don't like getting ___________ before Angella/Glimmer/Castaspella/Frosta.

Coming soon! The NA version! NA fans complain about getting ___________ before NA He-Man/Hydron/NA Skeletor/Flogg.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

I can't believe we are getting Flipshot, Optikk, and Slush Head before Flogg and Hydron. Damn it now I'm just in an uproar!
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Gah! Why do some folks suddenly show concern for NA when some POP fans take issue with something? Stop copying.

NA is the original POP.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I can't believe we got 3 years of figures before Ram Man and Mekaneck.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I can't believe we got 3 years of figures before Ram Man and Mekaneck.
    No kidding! If I don't get Ram Man or Mekaneck in 2012 . . . well, we BETTER!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

GRRRRRRR!

GRR!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Where the hell is Lodar?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

That difference doesn't seem to matter in Spector and Snake MAA threads. Everyone went Eamon on those two figures.

Seems like all POP fans agree these are the wrong Star Sisters, so shouldn't they go away and be done correctly? I've even seen certain people here call for the Horsemen to be fired and take digs at Emiliano for his suggestions.
    I haven't read about anyone calling for the 4H to be fired (i actually avoided a lot of the arguments after they started to become unreasonable), and I certainly haven't made any digs at Emiliano. I thought he explained it all well. Anyone who couldn't accept him at his word just doesn't know him well enough to know he's sincere.

Eamon doesn't want them redesigned. He just wants them to go away. You and I both know that.

And as far as Snake MAA and Spector go, it's the other way around: Eamon went with everyone else.

There's a huge difference between Spector and any other figure. We all know why. There's a huge difference between Snake Maa and Amy other figure: he's a blatant cash grab and they couldn't come up with a more creative way to slot a budget saving figure into the line. Hopefully they have improved him.

I just think bringing up Eamon, especially in light of what he said originally (before the mods edited him), is not a good thing to do here.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Coming soon! The NA version! NA fans complain about getting ___________ before NA He-Man/Hydron/NA Skeletor/Flogg.
    As one of the two handfuls that wants NA figures in a higher manner than 3 every 3-4 years that will never happen
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Where the hell is Lodar?
    VERY good question.

Both Lodar and Sweet Bee were Trademarked at the same time a long time ago. Neither has been released and the 4H could do amazing things with both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I can't believe we are getting Flipshot, Optikk, and Slush Head before Flogg and Hydron. Damn it now I'm just in an uproar!
    Oh ha ha ha. That's so clever.

That's like saying. "I can't believe we are getting Glimmer, Entrapta, and Castaspella before Frosta and Angella."

Oh wait... Right... We haven't had any of those yet!!

Let's say the NA figures included Optikk, Flipshot, and a three-pack of Scientists.

That's a better analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I think I've seen at least one of the first two episodes that you listed. I know that I've seen at least one episode with Sweet Bee since getting the DVDs. She's okay, I guess, but I honestly can live without her.

Now, I'm not rooting for her to not get made in MOTUC or anything like that. For the sake of her fans, I hope you get her, but for me she's just not as high of a priority as the characters that I mentioned/ agreed with from Angel-T's list. And I really can't see Mermista, Perfuma, or Peekablue joining those ranks either in terms of being a high priority for me (granted I haven't seen much of them, but they do appear in the xmas special).
    Of all the Wave two figures, Mermista appears the most (I think). She's pretty cool.

The episodes I suggested were ones that had a lot of crossover . Two of them just happen to have Sweet Bee. I honestly wasn't trying to build her up.
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 19, 2011 at 04:26pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I feel for POP fans

Damn. What does Mattel have against these cute, super-powdered ladies anyway? I mean powered
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It's not just the skirt on BG Evil-Lyn, it's the entire dress, including the upper part of it. Specifically, in 200X, there were some purposeful similarities in her costume and the Faceless One's costume. Those elements are still present on the MOTUC figure of the Faceless One. People were hoping for an Evil-Lyn to match:

So, I still am very fond of the figure as is (at least based on the pics... I have yet to get it in-hand), but there is a lot of good reason for 200X fans to be disapointed with this figure. It's not just the skirt, it's pretty much her entire outfit from the neck down, and it connects her very strongly with another character... it's not just some random, meaningless, arbitrary design.

OK, but here is the thing. There are circles and stuff on little details on that figure. Although I very much appreciate your explanation, and your manner of putting it forth, what you are describing would be a remake of 200x Evil Lyn. A duplicate done in "Classics" style. Which is what they said *WILL NOT* Happen.

The Classics line is meant to infuse all these details. So she has the vintage costume, the 200x color scheme, and a bonus 200x head, and us Filmation folk (many of us, not all) are just so stinkin' happy that we have a non-fluorescent colored Evil-Lyn who reasonably looks like the show.

Now, someone else keeps saying I'm being "ironic", LOL, but I think she's trying to say hypocritical. I'd be hypocritical if I were out here yelling that she's not in total Filmation colors. She's not. People keep trying to tell me on the other side, "this was 200x Evil Lyn, not Filmation!" and that's great they have their opinions, but to me, it is close enough.

The difference I see is, Filmation, and PoP fans, to bring the subject back around - aren't looking for a perfect ideal. That's what a lot of feedback is based on. We just want the figures to come out, and be close enough to recognizable. That's not asking for this and that tiny little detail to be changed. People express preferences about one color or another on Glimmer, for instance - I couldn't give a tootie fruit - 4H will make a beautiful figure, and I'll love it.

It IS ironic. You are pleased with Evil-Lyn and don't care about her 200X look. I'm pleased with the Star Sisters and think that it's good to have 3 more good guy POP characters on my shelf. I'm wrong about the Star Sisters, right? Well, you'd be wrong about Evil-Lyn.
    I didn't say you are wrong. I'm happy to have Star Sisters as well.

What I am unhappy about is them being used against people who are trying to get the Great Rebellion mains into this line.

I would not be mentioning them at all if people didn't keep making lists of PoP characters, which mostly consist of adding the Star Sisters as three different single figures we supposedly have gotten.

Now, I think the timing of them was bad on Matty's part (showing three PoP prototypes to SDCC attendees you are trying to sell sub items to as the the first big ticket item of the year, at the highest $60 price point, was kind of suicidal), and if they are truly being counted as "you got 3 PoP figures this year" then yeah, I think they could have waited.

I think they look good, so again, I think you'd have a point if I was complaining about their colors; I'm not, I'm just refuting the "that adds 3 individual PoP slots to your tally" some people use to argue that the hold back of the Great Rebellion is somehow justified.

Many of the same people who are trying to tell us "nothing more to see here" when it comes to the Great Missing Rebellion, are the same ones that will happily put them in their collection once they arrive, and will "ooohhh!" at their announcement, just like they did with Catra.

Now *that* is ironic.

Dynamo I suggest you watch these episodes to get a feel for Castaspella's importance.

Enchanted Castle
    The Eldritch mist
    The Price of Power

All very good episodes! :0)
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I'm not miffed about getting Star Sisters. I actually like the designs they chose, in most aspects, better than the catalogue (I do miss the diagonal sash on Starla, and the transluscent glittery body parts on them, but that's it). I hope the people who want variants of them get them. I'll buy them too. I'm miffed they were moved to February, and I have to wait longer to get them.

But I still wish we'd have a guarantee that Glimmer was coming in 2012. They didn't hold off Man-At-arms or Teela this long. I'm not asking for everyone in Wave I, I just want Glimmer. A.S.A.P. I feel like my Great Rebellion collection looks horribly incomplete without her., but I've got multiple versions of She-Ra and Snout Spout hanging out instead.
    Last edited by Kevenn; December 20, 2011 at 11:12am.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Glimmer was the leader of the Great Rebellion in the cartoon, too. Before She-Ra came along, she was the most important character. She's a staple character that is needed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

If most POP fans agree the Star Sisters we are getting are meh, why was what Eamon said so horrible?
    Just for the record, I LOVE the Star Sisters. I think Jewelstar could've been a deeper red but I'm not at all upset with the other two. I probably would've loved toy versions just as much but the three we are getting in 2 months (!) are my most anticipated released in the line in a LONG time.

Every time I post I mention Glimmer so it probably doesnt have to be said but I really wish to add my name to a list begging to have her come out sooner rather than later. And maybe bump another member of the Great Rebellion (male or otherwise) to get her made. She's really that essential.

Nothing like a good old-fashioned Era War to help spread holiday cheer.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Gah! Why do some folks suddenly show concern for NA when some POP fans take issue with something? Stop copying.
    I've always fought for NA. I'm the guy who's always bringing up Jetlag characters and the NA Scientists. Besides, NA has it the worst out of all of the eras.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    OK, but here is the thing. There are circles and stuff on little details on that figure. Although I very much appreciate your explanation, and your manner of putting it forth, what you are describing would be a remake of 200x Evil Lyn. A duplicate done in "Classics" style. Which is what they said *WILL NOT* Happen.
    Which we didn't want in the first place. Battleground Evil-Lyn with her 200X leotard on. Heads, arms and legs are all fine and work with the Classics aesthetic.

Now, someone else keeps saying I'm being "ironic", LOL, but I think she's trying to say hypocritical. I'd be hypocritical if I were out here yelling that she's not in total Filmation colors. She's not. People keep trying to tell me on the other side, "this was 200x Evil Lyn, not Filmation!" and that's great they have their opinions, but to me, it is close enough.
    I'm not a "she".

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Nothing like a good old-fashioned Era War to help spread holiday cheer.

Ho, ho, ho from the 200X camp!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 19, 2011 at 05:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

I've always fought for NA. I'm the guy who's always bringing up Jetlag characters and the NA Scientists. Besides, NA has it the worst out of all of the eras.
    Well, it's always been the worst out of all of the eras, too!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Don't... ; I know that sarcasm is your thing, but you're going too far with this comment.

You know EXACTLY why Eamon's comments were "horrible." Frankly, if any other member here posted the way he does, they'd be suspended at the very least. That has nothing to do with not liking POP or the Star Sisters.
    I agree with Brian. I think it's best to move forward from what happened. His original post was pretty much borderline hate crime before it was edited. No good can come from talking about it again.

I fight for all eras, but NA, PoP and 200X need it the most, I think (in that order, in my opinion). PoP is my most favourite of all the "eras" though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

MOST fans don't think they are "horrible."

For example, I think Starla and Jewelstar are great. The sculpt for Tallstar is great too; I just think her color scheme is hideous.

Eamon's posts were unlike other people's here, which REASONABLY expressed a dislike of the Star Sisters.

I'm surprised that you don't know the difference.
    it is weird to see so many PoP fans saying star sisters don't count as PoP.

Remember how Vintage fans complained about getting ___________ before Man-E-Faces/Sorceress/Ram Man?

This is the POP version. POP fans don't like getting ___________ before Angella/Glimmer/Castaspella/Frosta.

You really think that's fair?

The difference is most of the stars of MOUT/He-Man did come out before any obscure or atypical figures. The biggest surprise for them was getting some figures earlier, like Hordak before Man-At-Arms and Scareglow in the first year (approx). New-to-plastic characters were confined to exclusives and bonus items for that first year. That gave us a pretty solid foundation of star characters in the line before the experimenting began.

For PoP though, we're seeing atypical characters like the token male and previously unreleased figures before the heroines after many years of the line going already. I think if we had gotten Glimmer or Castaspella or Frosta instead of Bow, you would not hear nearly as much from PoP fans now about wanting another GR member in 2012 besides what else has been announced. I mean it wouldn't be silent, just as you still hear fans wanting Ram Man even though they're already getting two heroic warriors and one He-Man variant (and five vintage he-man figure slots in total). I'm still not convinced this isn't part of the release strategy to build up hype in this aspect of the total line.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    it is weird to see so many PoP fans saying star sisters don't count as PoP.
    Some are saying Catra doesn't count. What next?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

I think what some folks are saying is, we've yet to see a single PoP character get classicized using their classic toy design as the jumping off point for the character's design. I acknowledge that we've gotten quite a bit in regards to PoP character selection, but nobody released yet has taken their design cues from the classic toys. Except for maybe Bow's non-moustached head, She-Ra's shield, and Catra's sword. Everything else is culled from the Filmation cartoon.
    So when PoP fans are clamoring for more more more, I know for me personally I want to see: Double Trouble, Entrapta, Castaspella, Peekablue, Netossa, the classic toy version of Catra MOTUC-ized, etc. I think if we've seen at least one of these gals in the line at this point, folks would be a bit more satiated. Look what they did with Bubble Power She-Ra! Everybody seems to agree she's a major improvement over the original release... part of that has to do with the more detailed classic toy bits and pieces- the guantlets, the boots.
    Picture getting He-Man but with all his simplified Filmation design elements instead of what you remember from the classic toy, Teela in her Filmation garb, Skeletor with his Filmation hands and feet and yellow skull, then you get He-Ro and they throw in Kayo but rewrite his origin so that he's originally from Eternia. And this is all you've gotten in three plus years of MOTUC (because the rest of the releases are all taken from NA, PoP, 2002 MOTU, etc). That's kinda what PoP fans of the classic toy line are kinda dealing with here... LOL.
    Last edited by zodak74; December 19, 2011 at 06:15pm.