Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru talks about PoP in 2012

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I cannot agree with this post. I don't think, the majority of the customers like all-MOTU. If Mattel would make preorders for every figure, I don't think the production numbers for NA, POG, etc. would be as high as for vintage figures.

And you won't get the other fans under one banner. Not every 200x fan wants POP, Not every NA fan wants 200x.

MOTUC depends on subs, where you have to buy all figures! If people would have a choice, which figure they can buy and which not in a preorder system, I bet, vintage characters would still be the heavy hitters!

We're also talking about the silent casual buyers who are the majority, not only the .org hardcore fans!

This is not Sideshow, Mattel won't produce figures only for 2000 hardcore customers....
    Enough fans buy subs to keep MOTUC in business. Is that the "I want them all" fans or are those sub buyers willing to buy characters that they don't want, so that they don't miss characters that they do want?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I've updated my signature and avatar to show which figure I'd like to have by 2012. I think all PoP fans should do the same!
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    I've updated my signature and avatar to show which figure I'd like to have by 2012. I think all PoP fans should do the same!
    Love the new avatar. I may change my signature later today.

I love Novelty's new Avatar and I support the desire to get Glimmer ASAP!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

So who's gonna join me by changing their avatars to Glimmer/Angella/Frosta/Razz?
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    I know exactly where the poster was coming from. I dont see getting the main members of the rebellion has breaking it down too much, seems very sensible. I group Catra and Shadow Weaver as the Horde, heck they have Horde stickers on the box, not POP. We have virtually ALL the Horde villians, and only 2 Rebels for them to square off against.

It seems like if with MOTU all we had was He-Man and Teela, then got Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Beast Man, Trap Jaw and Tri Klops. Doesnt seem very even to me

Then getting the Star Sisters before so many other POPs, its like getting He-Ro before Man At Arms

I honestly think the lack of them is that theyre hesitant to inject such 'girly' looking figures into the line, they seem to have to work hard with the figures translation into MOTUC to 'butch' them up a bit, and the easiest POPs to do that so far have been Bow and Catra. They have done a good job with the Star Sisters IMO, cos they havent been afraid to go all out with the look and colour, and its worked well.

Heres hoping 2012 will be the year of the rebellion!

So who's gonna join me by changing their avatars to Glimmer/Angella/Frosta/Razz?
    How do I get the avatars to work I will do it!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It's not faith in Mattel, it's the fandom who supports anything MOTUC that I have faith in.

The general MOTU fans who like everything are the majority. While the vintage toyline only crowd are numerous, they aren't the be-all and end-all of MOTUC fans. Sure, Classics will see a dip in numbers when the final vintage 80's MOTU toyline character is released, but it shouldn't be fatal since we have the general MOTU fans who will want to continue collecting, as well as the fans from the other eras.
    I'd like to know what specific facts you have to support the claim that "general" MOTU fans are in the majority?

If this where the case would we not have seen more POP, 200x, NA? We have not, so based on the actions of Mattel to produce vintage inspired figures (with a CLASSIC look), by the vast majority, it speaks to them keeping up with a buiness model or plan to sell to the majority!

What about Mighty Spector...like it or not, he's MOTU...how much support has he really gotten?

I'm sorry but this theory of "general" MOTU supporting this line is idealistic. If Mattel can not make enough money...they are going to close shop.

This IS a POP thread...so POP fans ARE going to talk about it...

I think you're misunderstanding MGM.

For example, he and I have our favorites, but I think it's a fair assumption to say that he and I are general fans, in that we will buy anything We have an affinity for all of the MOTU-related properties.

He and I, and many others here, believe that we are among the majority, and that those who would like nothing more than the vintage MOTU line represented in MOTUC are a loud minority.

I don't mean to start trouble, it's just an educated guess based on how well items seem to sell, as well as familiarity with the fan-base.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I'd like to know what specific facts you have to support the claim that "general" MOTU fans are in the majority?

If this where the case would we not have seen more POP, 200x, NA? We have not, so based on the actions of Mattel to produce vintage inspired figures (with a CLASSIC look), by the vast majority, it speaks to them keeping up with a buiness model or plan to sell to the majority!

What about Mighty Spector...like it or not, he's MOTU...how much support has he really gotten?

I'm sorry but this theory of "general" MOTU supporting this line is idealistic. If Mattel can not make enough money...they are going to close shop.

This IS a POP thread...so POP fans ARE going to talk about it...
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    How do I get the avatars to work I will do it!
    Click on the "User CP" in the top left under the logo and then click on "Edit Avatar" halfway down the page. You should be able to upload an avatar.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding MGM.

For example, he and I have our favorites, but I think it's a fair assumption to say that he and I are general fans, in that we will buy anything We have an affinity for all of the MOTU-related properties.

He and I, and many others here, believe that we are among the majority, and that those who would like nothing more than the vintage MOTU line represented in MOTUC are a loud minority.

I don't mean to start trouble, it's just an educated guess based on how well items seem to sell, as well as familiarity with the fan-base.
    I think that is where the problem is...you guys are talking about .org...

Not everyone buying MOTUC is on .org...I get what youre saying in regards to .org...I'm talking to buyers as a whole market and not just a specific fraction of it.

When TG said 200 hundred fans...while poorly worded, he may have meant in reagrds to the market as a whole...and not one specific fan message board site.

TO be further frank, I think that's another major problem and .org is unfortunatly a great example. Because there are so many fans there interest vary in what they specificly want to see produced. I, for one, would not shed a tear over 0 NA & 200x figures. I understand the defense one may feel when reading that...I feel the same way about POP. IMHO I think it should ONLY be MOTU Classic (as in Filmation & vintage toys) & POP.

I think Mattel has been kind up to this point in providing NA & 200x becuase the bottom line for any business is what is going to make the most money. And looking at a fraction of a market does not spell long term success.

So far as whose the loudest...I mean being here 3 months...its the same people over and over and over talking about the same thing over and over and over again. Again...yer talking about .org and not the whole market. I mean people belive things that arent true all the time. More often than not its harder to see the big picture the deeper in it you are...

I see more and more "cherry pickers" because they don't want NA, 200X, POP.
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; December 25, 2011 at 01:37am.

Heroic Warrior
    You have a point. I also think, that the majority of the customers don't post on the forum and are not that hardcore. I am sure, that the vintage line is the backbone of MOTUC, although I want to see more NA & 200x.

But MOTUC cannot exist without the vintage figures.

I think that is where the problem is...you guys are talking about .org...

Not everyone buying MOTUC is on .org...I get what youre saying in regards to .org...I'm talking to buyers as a whole market and not just a specific fraction of it.

When TG said 200 hundred fans...while poorly worded, he may have meant in reagrds to the market as a whole...and not one specific fan message board site.

TO be further frank, I think that's another major problem and .org is unfortunatly a great example. Because there are so many fans there interest vary in what they specificly want to see produced. I, for one, would not shed a tear over 0 NA & 200x figures. I understand the defense one may feel when reading that...I feel the same way about POP. IMHO I think it should ONLY be MOTU Classic (as in Filmation & vintage toys) & POP.

I think Mattel has been kind up to this point in providing NA & 200x becuase the bottom line for any business is what is going to make the most money. And looking at a fraction of a market does not spell long term success.

So far as whose the loudest...I mean being here 3 months...its the same people over and over and over talking about the same thing over and over and over again. Again...yer talking about .org and not the whole market. I mean people belive things that arent true all the time. More often than not its harder to see the big picture the deeper in it you are...

I see more and more "cherry pickers" because they don't want NA, 200X, POP.
    Toyguru said that we have enough fans who buy subscriptions to keep the line going, despite there being vintage toyline only fans. Now either these fans are general MOTU fans who buy everything or they are fans who are so afraid of missing out on their figures that they buy the sub knowing full well that there will be figures that they won't like.

I don't think people who are afraid of vintage characters immediately selling out that they are going to buy 6-8 characters that they might not want outnumber the fans who want all the characters no matter who the character is.

Mattel doesn't have an era bias like the fans do and is trying to sell as many of an NA character as they would sell a vintage character. For that, they'll try to bully cherry pickers into buying subs. I think Shadow Weaver was the beginning...

I think it can. We have enough fans supporting the line who want everything, no matter who the characters are. Once all the vintage characters get made, the fans who like new characters (like the fans who brought the 30th sub because of Draego-Man) and want MOTU to continue will probably support the line after the final vintage figure goes on sale.

Whereas we do have fans who are gone when the vintage era is done, we also have some fans who will collect the line as long as it goes on.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 25, 2011 at 03:14am.

You have a point. I also think, that the majority of the customers don't post on the forum and are not that hardcore. I am sure, that the vintage line is the backbone of MOTUC, although I want to see more NA & 200x.

But then how does one explain the fact that figures like Man-E-Faces and Buzz-Off lingered online, while figures like Catra and Vikor flew off the virtual shelves?

In any case, the argument you guys are making is that casual buyers are only interested in vintage MOTU or vintage MOTU/POP.

Can't casual buyers just be buying everything because it's all cool?

For example, I never collected Super Powers. I was a casual DCUC collector though. I collected all of the Super Powers stuff, even though I didn't as a kid. I also collected a lot of the other figures because I liked them. They are awesome.

No one ever argues that maybe, just maybe, everyone here is off the mark, a bit, and that the majority ARE interested in everything, give or take a figure, because they are just awesome.

Look at MOTUC as though it were a new line. Look at ALL of the figures released so far as new.

I don't think my point is that, in general, customers/fans mostly like all the MOTU related properties. My point is that, in general, most MOTUC buyers love everything MOTUC.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    The argument how long a figure was available doesn´t count, cause it all depends on Mattel decisions.
    Maybe the vintage characters were longer available, cause Mattel produced much more of those and wanted to make sure that as much as possible fans would get them, while they pulled the pop stuff faster to create a fake shortage? After the black friday sale we all now that the length of availability doesn´t mean something.
    If the casual MotU Fan does like everything nobody knows.
    I have the opinion it´s not the case.
    Only Mattel knows and maybe the release schedule for 2012 is quite revealing.

The sales data during Black Friday shows that Adora, Bow and Catra were selling on par with most of the vintage MOTU characters, though. The weakest links weren't from POP.

5am to 8:30am (*Eastern Time)

Adora: 2,050 (51 sold)
    Battle Cat: 631 (36 sold)
    Beast Man: 1,462 (63 sold)
    Bow: 352 (52 sold)
    Catra: 112 (60 sold)
    Clawful: 191 (54 sold)
    Faceless One: 758 (24 sold)
    Goddess: 2,099 (41 sold)
    Gygor: 5,745 (19 sold)
    King Hssss: 490 (65 sold)
    Man-E-Faces: 244 (56 sold)
    Megator: 1,885 (13 sold)
    Mo-Larr vs Skeletor: 8,315 (12 sold)
    Moss Man: 2,505 (61 sold)
    Optikk: 108 (66 sold)
    Palace Guards: 4,884 (101 sold)
    Battle Armor Skeletor: 289 (36 sold)
    Skeletor 3,758 (113 sold)
    BG Teela: 871 (23 sold)
    Tytus: 4,658 (15 sold)
    Vikor: 349 (80 sold)
    Weapons Pak Ultimate Battleground: 24 (41 sold)
    Weapons Rack: 2,957 (37 sold)
    Zodak: 400 (31 sold)

8:30am to 11:30am

Adora: 2,001 (49 sold)
    Battle Cat: 595 (36 sold)
    Beast Man: 1,386 (76 sold)
    Bow: 287 (65 sold)
    Catra: 66 (46 sold)
    Clawful: 130 (61 sold)
    Faceless One: 729 (29 sold)
    Goddess: 2,061 (38 sold)
    Gygor: 5,726 (19 sold)
    King Hssss: 436 (54 sold)
    Man-E-Faces: 177 (67 sold)
    Megator: 1,855 (30 sold)
    Mo-Larr vs Skeletor: 8,305 (10 sold...LOL)
    Moss Man: 2,455 (50 sold)
    Optikk: 40 (68 sold)
    Palace Guards: 4,743 (141 sold)
    Battle Armor Skeletor: 255 (34 sold)
    Skeletor: 3,660 (98 sold)
    BG Teela: 842 (29 sold)
    Tytus: 4,643 (15 sold)
    Vikor: 294 (55 sold)
    Weapons Rack: 2,917 (40 sold)
    Zodak: 350 (50 sold)

11:30am to 2:30pm

Adora: 1,938 (63 sold)
    Battle Cat: 569 (26 sold)
    Beast Man: 1,283 (103 sold)
    Bow: 225 (62 sold)
    Catra: 15 (51 sold)
    Clawful: 71 (59 sold)
    Faceless One: 702 (27 sold)
    Goddess: 1,995 (66 sold)
    Gygor: 5,712 (14 sold)
    King Hssss: 387 (49 sold)
    Man-E-Faces: 116 (61 sold)
    Megator: 1,847 (8 sold)
    Mo-Larr vs Skeletor: 8,296 (9 sold)
    Moss Man: 2,407 (48 sold)
    Palace Guards: 4,618 (125 sold)
    Battle Armor Skeletor: 227 (28 sold)
    Skeletor: 3,580 (80 sold)
    BG Teela: 811 (31 sold)
    Tytus: 4,626 (17 sold)
    Vikor: 256 (38 sold)
    Weapons Rack: 2,882 (35 sold)
    Zodak: 313 (37 sold)

2:30pm to 5:30 pm *Eastern Time

Adora: 1,916 (22 sold)
    Battle Cat: 551 (18 sold)
    Beast Man: 1,262 (21 sold)
    Bow: 206 (19 sold)
    Clawful: 43 (28 sold)
    Faceless One: 686 (16 sold)
    Goddess: 1,973 (22 sold)
    Gygor: 5,703 (9 sold)
    King Hssss: 356 (31 sold)
    Man-E-Faces: 92 (24 sold)
    Megator: 1,839 (8 sold)
    Mo-Larr vs Skeletor: 8,290 (6 sold)
    Moss Man: 2,378 (29 sold)
    Palace Guards: 4,553 (65 sold)
    Battle Armor Skeletor: 209 (18 sold)
    Skeletor: 3,552 (28 sold)
    BG Teela: 787 (24 sold)
    Tytus: 4,604 (22 sold)
    Vikor: 229 (27 sold)
    Weapons Rack: 2,858 (24 sold)
    Zodak: 298 (15 sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The sales data during Black Friday shows that Adora, Bow and Catra were selling on par with most of the vintage MOTU characters, though. The weakest links weren't from POP.

5am to 8:30am (*Eastern Time)

Adora: 2,050 (51 sold)
    Battle Cat: 631 (36 sold)
    Beast Man: 1,462 (63 sold)
    Bow: 352 (52 sold)
    Catra: 112 (60 sold)
    Clawful: 191 (54 sold)
    Faceless One: 758 (24 sold)
    Goddess: 2,099 (41 sold)
    Gygor: 5,745 (19 sold)
    King Hssss: 490 (65 sold)
    Man-E-Faces: 244 (56 sold)
    Megator: 1,885 (13 sold)
    Mo-Larr vs Skeletor: 8,315 (12 sold)
    Moss Man: 2,505 (61 sold)
    Optikk: 108 (66 sold)
    Palace Guards: 4,884 (101 sold)
    Battle Armor Skeletor: 289 (36 sold)
    Skeletor 3,758 (113 sold)
    BG Teela: 871 (23 sold)
    Tytus: 4,658 (15 sold)
    Vikor: 349 (80 sold)
    Weapons Pak Ultimate Battleground: 24 (41 sold)
    Weapons Rack: 2,957 (37 sold)
    Zodak: 400 (31 sold)

8:30am to 11:30am

Adora: 2,001 (49 sold)
    Battle Cat: 595 (36 sold)
    Beast Man: 1,386 (76 sold)
    Bow: 287 (65 sold)
    Catra: 66 (46 sold)
    Clawful: 130 (61 sold)
    Faceless One: 729 (29 sold)
    Goddess: 2,061 (38 sold)
    Gygor: 5,726 (19 sold)
    King Hssss: 436 (54 sold)
    Man-E-Faces: 177 (67 sold)
    Megator: 1,855 (30 sold)
    Mo-Larr vs Skeletor: 8,305 (10 sold...LOL)
    Moss Man: 2,455 (50 sold)
    Optikk: 40 (68 sold)
    Palace Guards: 4,743 (141 sold)
    Battle Armor Skeletor: 255 (34 sold)
    Skeletor: 3,660 (98 sold)
    BG Teela: 842 (29 sold)
    Tytus: 4,643 (15 sold)
    Vikor: 294 (55 sold)
    Weapons Rack: 2,917 (40 sold)
    Zodak: 350 (50 sold)

11:30am to 2:30pm

Adora: 1,938 (63 sold)
    Battle Cat: 569 (26 sold)
    Beast Man: 1,283 (103 sold)
    Bow: 225 (62 sold)
    Catra: 15 (51 sold)
    Clawful: 71 (59 sold)
    Faceless One: 702 (27 sold)
    Goddess: 1,995 (66 sold)
    Gygor: 5,712 (14 sold)
    King Hssss: 387 (49 sold)
    Man-E-Faces: 116 (61 sold)
    Megator: 1,847 (8 sold)
    Mo-Larr vs Skeletor: 8,296 (9 sold)
    Moss Man: 2,407 (48 sold)
    Palace Guards: 4,618 (125 sold)
    Battle Armor Skeletor: 227 (28 sold)
    Skeletor: 3,580 (80 sold)
    BG Teela: 811 (31 sold)
    Tytus: 4,626 (17 sold)
    Vikor: 256 (38 sold)
    Weapons Rack: 2,882 (35 sold)
    Zodak: 313 (37 sold)

2:30pm to 5:30 pm *Eastern Time

Adora: 1,916 (22 sold)
    Battle Cat: 551 (18 sold)
    Beast Man: 1,262 (21 sold)
    Bow: 206 (19 sold)
    Clawful: 43 (28 sold)
    Faceless One: 686 (16 sold)
    Goddess: 1,973 (22 sold)
    Gygor: 5,703 (9 sold)
    King Hssss: 356 (31 sold)
    Man-E-Faces: 92 (24 sold)
    Megator: 1,839 (8 sold)
    Mo-Larr vs Skeletor: 8,290 (6 sold)
    Moss Man: 2,378 (29 sold)
    Palace Guards: 4,553 (65 sold)
    Battle Armor Skeletor: 209 (18 sold)
    Skeletor: 3,552 (28 sold)
    BG Teela: 787 (24 sold)
    Tytus: 4,604 (22 sold)
    Vikor: 229 (27 sold)
    Weapons Rack: 2,858 (24 sold)
    Zodak: 298 (15 sold)
    How in the world did u get that information!?

Heroic Warrior
    How in the world did u get that information!?

Inventory quantity trick- Mattel would never voluntarily give this out so Tally used that as a way to track sales

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Inventory quantity trick- Mattel would never voluntarily give this out so Tally used that as a way to track sales
    Yeah, we were having fun playing the Price is Right game with it (basically). It's been fixed so it's impossible to do now, though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    But then how does one explain the fact that figures like Man-E-Faces and Buzz-Off lingered online, while figures like Catra and Vikor flew off the virtual shelves?

In any case, the argument you guys are making is that casual buyers are only interested in vintage MOTU or vintage MOTU/POP.

Can't casual buyers just be buying everything because it's all cool?

For example, I never collected Super Powers. I was a casual DCUC collector though. I collected all of the Super Powers stuff, even though I didn't as a kid. I also collected a lot of the other figures because I liked them. They are awesome.

No one ever argues that maybe, just maybe, everyone here is off the mark, a bit, and that the majority ARE interested in everything, give or take a figure, because they are just awesome.

Look at MOTUC as though it were a new line. Look at ALL of the figures released so far as new.

I don't think my point is that, in general, customers/fans mostly like all the MOTU related properties. My point is that, in general, most MOTUC buyers love everything MOTUC.

As JimPansen stated, maybe the production numbers are different from figure to figure.

So the conclusion would be, that MOTUC can exist theoretically without the vintage figures, because MOTUC fans would still like everything MOTUC?

As JimPansen stated, maybe the production numbers are different from figure to figure.

So the conclusion would be, that MOTUC can exist theoretically without the vintage figures, because MOTUC fans would still like everything MOTUC?
    Not all fans. I KNOW there is going to be a drop, but how big will it be?
    You have the vintage era only fans vs everyone else. Most fans like the vintage era and other MOTU eras besides that.

Then again, who knows? Once the fear that the vintage characters won't be complete stops when the last vintage era figure is released, then fans might be able to let down their hair, relax and enjoy NEW characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not all fans. I KNOW there is going to be a drop, but how big will it be?
    You have the vintage era only fans vs everyone else. Most fans like the vintage era and other MOTU eras besides that.

Then again, who knows? Once the fear that the vintage characters won't be complete stops when the last vintage era figure is released, then fans might be able to let down their hair, relax and enjoy NEW characters.
    That would be cool, but it also differs in the vintage line.

I love most vintage figures, but some of the later ones, like Gwildor, Rio Blast, Meteororbs or Energy Zoids, I`ve absolutley no interest in.

I admit it`s very difficult to get production numbers right for several characters.

I don't think they adjust the numbers from figure to figure. I think that's why they end with with so many of the lesser selling figures... and those tend to be figures that are boring that fans have no emotional/nostalgic ties to (e.g. BG Teela). But then again, I'm not Toyguru so I don't know for sure.

I understand where MGM is coming from, but I also think that if vintage purists leave after the completion of "their" line, will the resulting drop cause the end of the line? Maybe not as it's the subscriptions that are holding up the line, and the majority of the subscriptions are from online store (supposedly). So, who knows what will happen? We will find out in August next year when the 2013 subs are up for purchase!
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

I don't think they adjust the numbers from figure to figure. I think that's why they end with with so many of the lesser selling figures... and those tend to be figures that are boring that fans have no emotional/nostalgic ties to (e.g. BG Teela). But then again, I'm not Toyguru so I don't know for sure.
    That's probably why they are cutting back production numbers...to scare people into buying the 2013 sub with 10 minute sellouts. If you thought Mattel pressured fans into buying the 2012 sub, I think this August might reeeally be bad. Ram Man or 200X heads could be used as incentives. Castle Grayskull might be used as another carrot to dangle in fan's noses.

I understand where MGM is coming from, but I also think that if vintage purists leave after the completion of "their" line, will the resulting drop cause the end of the line? Maybe not as it's the subscriptions that are holding up the line, and the majority of the subscriptions are from online store (supposedly). So, who knows what will happen? We will find out in August next year when the 2013 subs are up for purchase!
    I don't know how much of the subs are fans who want all the characters no matter who they are OR how many subs are the result of fans who don't want to miss out on their favorites. That's where the uncertainty is.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Only Mattel knows and maybe the release schedule for 2012 is quite revealing.
    Well based on the rest of the year's rumored lineup of single monthly figures, it looks like Mattel played the vintage purists re: the 1st / 2nd quarter to sell subscriptions (likely hoping that reasonable collectors would see how awesome other characters would be in MOTUC, and remain loyal).

Rumors have the rest of 2012 including:

2 POP (1 of which may be Filmation)
    1 or 2 MOTU Filmation
    2 NA (possible including one variant)
    1 MYP

It's a rather balanced year as long as you look at it as a whole.