Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru talks about PoP in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Rumors have the rest of 2012 including:

2 POP (1 of which may be Filmation)
    1 or 2 MOTU Filmation
    2 NA (possible including one variant)
    1 MYP
    That is a great lineup. There's also 3 brand new 30th anniversary characters and the SDCC exclusive(s?) so we'd be getting a lot more than that.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    That is a great lineup. There's also 3 brand new 30th anniversary characters and the SDCC exclusive(s?) so we'd be getting a lot more than that.
    Yes

Including the beasts/Multi-packs, and the variants, known exclusives as well as rumors, 2012 should look something like this:

Filmation: 1, maybe 2 MOTU & 2, maybe 3 POP (including Horde Prime, Shadow Weaver)
    MOTU: 6, maybe 7 (including Sorceress, Fisto, TP He-Man, Kobra Kahn, Stinkor)
    POP: 4 or 5 (including Starla, Jewelstar, and Tallstar)
    NA: 3 (including Slush Head)
    MYP: 3 (including The Griffin, Snake MAA)
    MINI-COMIC: 2
    CONCEPT/ART/other MEDIA: 1
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I love your little hints Bcrduke, they keep us all guessing! I'd be so pleased to have a little more variety in the line. It seems like the 4HM are knocking them out of the park each time they reveal an NA figure - I'd be intrigued to see how lesser characters fare...

Flogg and Hydron are obvious choices, so I wonder if they'll hold anyone back and create a Ram-Man for NA?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Seeing how the 4H tackle POP, NA, and characters from MYP and Filmation that have never been created in action figure form is the most exciting thing about collecting this line, for me.

It's just a huge thrill.

Of the MOTUC figures so far, the ones that most excite me have been Mer-Man, Zodac (not in 200X, at least not the first version), Hordak (never really made it into action figure form in 200X), Scareglow, King Randor, The Goddess, Adora, Kronis, Screeech, Wun-Dar, Optikk, Tytus, Keldor, She-Ra, TRU He-Man, Count Marzo, Orko, Whiplash, Carnivus, Gygor, Buzz-Off, Bow, Shadow Beast, Preternia Disguise He-Man, Catra, The Faceless One, Battleground Teela, Clawful, Queen Marlena/Capt. Glenn, Cringer, Megator, Leech, Hurricane Hordak, Icarius, Snout Spout, Swiftwind, Bubble Power She-Ra, and Battleground Evil-Lyn.

MOST of those were not recreated for 200X... and many were never action figures in the first place.

The new stuff gets me!! I still love the old stuff... it's just that my fourth Sy-Klone (vintage, regular colors 200X, reverse colors 200X, and MOTUC) doesn't thrill me quite as much as Catra or Icarius.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Yes

Including the beasts/Multi-packs, and the variants, known exclusives as well as rumors, 2012 should look something like this:

Filmation: 1, maybe 2 MOTU & 2, maybe 3 POP (including Horde Prime, Shadow Weaver)
    Thats a thrilling line up
    I would like more MINI-COMIC characters though.
    MINI-COMIC:2 includes the White Sorceress?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I love your little hints Bcrduke, they keep us all guessing! I'd be so pleased to have a little more variety in the line. It seems like the 4HM are knocking them out of the park each time they reveal an NA figure - I'd be intrigued to see how lesser characters fare...

Flogg and Hydron are obvious choices, so I wonder if they'll hold anyone back and create a Ram-Man for NA?
    Butthead will hold over the Ram-Man fans.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes

Im excited for MOTU, MYP, NA & mini comic characters...If they are ame, I spare the money & buy more Snake Mounatain Stands
    Last edited by Berserker79; December 26, 2011 at 08:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Butthead will hold over the Ram-Man fans.
    i was actually thinking Ram-Man will hold me over until I get Butthead

Can they even call it Butthead this time around?
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Seeing how the 4H tackle POP, NA, and characters from MYP and Filmation that have never been created in action figure form is the most exciting thing about collecting this line, for me.

It's just a huge thrill.

Of the MOTUC figures so far, the ones that most excite me have been Mer-Man, Zodac (not in 200X, at least not the first version), Hordak (never really made it into action figure form in 200X), Scareglow, King Randor, The Goddess, Adora, Kronis, Screeech, Wun-Dar, Optikk, Tytus, Keldor, She-Ra, TRU He-Man, Count Marzo, Orko, Whiplash, Carnivus, Gygor, Buzz-Off, Bow, Shadow Beast, Preternia Disguise He-Man, Catra, The Faceless One, Battleground Teela, Clawful, Queen Marlena/Capt. Glenn, Cringer, Megator, Leech, Hurricane Hordak, Icarius, Snout Spout, Swiftwind, Bubble Power She-Ra, and Battleground Evil-Lyn.

MOST of those were not recreated for 200X... and many were never action figures in the first place.

The new stuff gets me!! I still love the old stuff... it's just that my fourth Sy-Klone (vintage, regular colors 200X, reverse colors 200X, and MOTUC) doesn't thrill me quite as much as Catra or Icarius.
    Yes, I feel the same, the new figures gets me the most. It's very exciting to see catra, queen marlena, bg teela, the new sorceress etc being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Can they even call it Butthead this time around?
    The can probably reference the name in his bio, much like they did with Flipshot in the bio for Icarius, but they just can't file for a trademark.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

It's just a huge thrill.

I'm in the same boat, man! I can't wait to see Filmation characters permanently shaped in plastic to prove some people wrong. They see cel images from 1983 and expect them to be extremely plain, boring, and bland. I don't think that's what Mattel and the Four Horsemen have in store for these figures at all. Just the paint jobs they use alone are amazing, but I have major faith in the Four Horsemen really spicing them up and making them fit in like they have done with everything else so far! Just look at Shadow Weaver!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Totally agree!! That's how I feel about POP and NA. The idea that someone would decide not to look forward to a certain subset of figures, based perhaps on the style from 25-30 years ago, confuses me. I mean not liking different characters here and there seems totally reasonable, but to completely dislike an entire subset, like Filmation, POP, NA, or MYP seems like overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Im excited for MOTU, MYP, NA & mini comic characters...If they are ame, I spare the money & buy more Snake Mounatain Stands
    You won't allow yourself the possibility of being open to liking a POP character redesigned by the 4H? That is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Thats a thrilling line up
    I would like more MINI-COMIC characters though.
    MINI-COMIC:2 includes the White Sorceress?
    Yes. I am excited to see more mini-comic characters too. These count as vintage MOTU that we never had. I'm not sure why these haven't been sprinkled throughout the line more. Hopefully they will be more and more.

Here's a little encouragement.

Last edited by bcrduke; December 26, 2011 at 09:56pm.

Well we have 47 and a half days till the New York Toy Fair reveals and I for one can't wait and 199 days till SDCC I sure hope we don't have to go a whole five months with no reveals.

Oh wait there will at least be the SDCC Reveal in April.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Heroic Warrior

You won't allow yourself the possibility of being open to liking a POP character redesigned by the 4H? That is unfortunate.
    Nope, no pink for Berserker, dude

Very few POP characters wear pink.

Plus, didn't you watch the video??? . LoL

Frosta - no pink
    Double Trouble - no pink
    Kowl - no pink
    Mermista - no pink
    Netossa - no pink
    Castaspella - no pink
    Peekablue - no pink
    Loo-Kee - no pink

Madame Razz - red & purple but no pink!
    Sea Hawk - no pink
    Scorpia - no pink
    Octavia - no pink
    General Sunder - no pink
    Dylamug - no pink
    Huntara - no pink

Unfortunately Hunga the Harpy has slight pink in her design lol.

See? No pink! Plenty of potential "likes" for you.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Here's a little encouragement.
    Smart kid! She rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Smart kid! She rocks.
    I know, right?! I love that, even though she's clearly frustrated, she is capable of clearly communicating her point of view, and keeping herself from losing her composure.

I love her!!

Heroic Warrior
    Very few POP characters wear pink.

Plus, didn't you watch the video??? . LoL

Frosta - no pink
    Double Trouble - no pink
    Kowl - no pink
    Mermista - no pink
    Netossa - no pink
    Castaspella - no pink
    Peekablue - no pink
    Loo-Kee - no pink

Madame Razz - red & purple but no pink!
    Sea Hawk - no pink
    Scorpia - no pink
    Octavia - no pink
    General Sunder - no pink
    Dylamug - no pink
    Huntara - no pink

Unfortunately Hunga the Harpy has slight pink in her design lol.

See? No pink! Plenty of potential "likes" for you.
    Horde doesn't count as POP in my MOTU cannon, and besides of Scorpia I don't need any Filmation Horde member anymore.

And I got Teela, Evil-Lyn, Catra and will get Sorceress & Shadow Weaver. That's enough women for my taste.

Since last year, I became very selective and sold a bunch of figures I didn't need and I will continue this trend. I don't want everything MOTU and I don't want 200+ figures standing around in my appartment.

I need more matching accessories for figures I already have, like the magenta Faker stuff! Posing is so much fun with more accessories!

Heroic Warrior
    I need more matching accessories for figures I already have, like the magenta Faker stuff! Posing is so much fun with more accessories!
    Which is a really funny statement, as that's what "girls" like more than "boys", supposedly - accessories and playing dress-up.

I know that wasn't your intention, but it was just worded in a way that I found amusing.

That said, collect what you wish - of course - but the "I don't do girls toys" brigade has slowly died off after people got a whiff of Bow and Catra. Both figures were very well-received (I honestly can't believe how much some people who really thought they disliked PoP love Bow in particular) and showed that it wasn't about making pink frilly figures. In fact, as I've said before - I find it odd when "I don't do girls toys" guys admit that they'd rather look at and play with muscular, scantily clad men instead of voluptuous and sexy women, haha.

In any case, I can say like others in this thread that it's the characters that have never been made - Adora, Marlena, Catra (at least in proper form) - that brought me here and keep me interested. I wouldn't be tracking down every variant if it was just remakes of the same figures we already had before.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Which is a really funny statement, as that's what "girls" like more than "boys", supposedly - accessories and playing dress-up.
    And I hate to break it to ya, but 'magenta' is simply a dark pink...

How you can want to accessorise your Faker with pink armour but refuse characters like Glimmer and Queen Angella for the same reason's a contradiction in terms.

Someone's got a bit of soul searching to do, methinks.....!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

When I was a kid, I would have rather played with Teela, Evil Lyn, He-Man, and Skeletor over Flutterina (and would still prefer that as an adult).

I guess that made me a demented, sexist child who needed (and still needs) to do some soul-searching.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    When I was a kid, I would have rather played with Teela, Evil Lyn, He-Man, and Skeletor over Flutterina (and would still prefer that as an adult).

I guess that made me a demented, sexist child who needed (and still needs) to do some soul-searching.
    Oh dear, seriously?

You might want to re-read the posts related to mine. Did you say:

...and then:

No you didn't. Don't look for fire where there ain't any because my post wasn't about figure or character preferences.

Yeah, I'm the one starting a fire. Definitely.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Did you re-read the trail of posts? Obviously not.

Not entirely sure how you took what I said as a swipe against you, considering you hadn't been a part of the thread for a good few pages.