Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru talks about PoP in 2012

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    What's actually kind of cool about this line is that characters like Leech and Snout Spout can be considered MOTU/POP or POP/Horde, etc.

Maybe the stickers were a bad idea?
    I love the stickers, but I wish we were given sticker sheets each year so we get to choose who goes where. Avatar of the imagination and all that...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    No they aren't. That's not correct. The Horde were villains on the POP cartoon show, and were originally developed to be used as She-Ra's main villain, but they were sold as MOTU figures.

Maybe the stickers were a bad idea?
    Ohhh I absolutely believe the stickers were a bad idea. When that idea was mentioned... Half the PoP fans were trying to convince the vintage fans that PoP HAD a place in this 'all inclusive line'.. .That they were a PART of the MOTU universe...

Then the other half wanted a sticker to make them stand out from the base line...

Really a terrible idea.

Now people are REALLY splitting hairs here... when someone can say That's not a She-ra toy... it's from the She-ra show! That's nitpicky. Things like that make me wonder if those fans will EVER be happy... Someone, on SOME thread (not sure if it was this one or not... they're starting to blur...) posted an entire year of PoP figures...

Mattel will NEVER do that, and I'm not sure those fan's would be 100% happy even then

My PERSONAL definition of what IS and is NOT a PoP toy...

If you did not care for He-man... and were ONLY a fan of She-ra... Would you buy it?

The Vintage guys? nope... The MOTU concepts? Nope... 200x? NA? Not a chance...

Shadow weaver? absolutely. The rest of the Horde? Who else are they gonna fight? Star sisters? They're from the cartoon!

Which... To be fair, means they are LESS a concept character and more a filmation/book charcter.

They're a LOT more like Lizard man and Strong arm then they are He-ro and Gygor...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Good question. Let's go back in time to 1986 and ask Mattel.

Also, nobody EVER considers the Horde to be PoP until PoP fans start clamoring for representation. Then, suddenly, we are told that we've "had PLENTY of representation, because, um, er, well....oh! The Horde! Yes, that's right! You have the Horde!"

The Horde is a scapegoat and a poor justification for the lack of Rebel presence in this line.
    You hit that one right on the nose!

The Horde are vintage MOTU characters. They were the main villains of PoP, that is true. But they were vintage toys in the MOTU line, and the figures are after the vintage MOTU line. That's why we don't hear squabbles from those folks about "oh noes! POP for girlz!"

All this is just a smoke screen. No one is confused. We all know what we are asking for here - if they don't start making members of the Great Rebellion, then we have no hope of getting anywhere near all of them, even the "mains".

It makes me hate the Star Sisters, frankly. It was the dumbest thing in the world to show them at SDCC as the first big item of 2012. Although I am sure they have been mentioned, people have not been clamoring for them. And Scott keeps saying, "buy you are getting 3 POP's!" and no, we are not. If that was really what that pack is, 3 PoP figures - who wants to bet if it was Frosta, Casta, and Glimmer, people would have had a WHOLE different reaction. Hell, I'm mainly here for PoP, and they barely pass "meh" on my scale. I'll take them, but I'm not especially excited about them, nor are they that impressive to me.

If he will put Star Sisters out there, I just don't know what he's afraid of, when Glimmer, Frosta, et all will undoubtedly be as gorgeous and well received as Catra.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Ohhh I absolutely believe the stickers were a bad idea. When that idea was mentioned... Half the PoP fans were trying to convince the vintage fans that PoP HAD a place in this 'all inclusive line'.. .That they were a PART of the MOTU universe...

Now people are REALLY splitting hairs here... when someone can say That's not a She-ra toy... it's from the She-ra show! That's nitpicky. Things like that make me wonder if those fans will EVER be happy... Someone, on SOME thread (not sure if it was this one or not... they're starting to blur...) posted an entire year of PoP figures...
    It's not that complicated. People are trying to over complicate it because of whatever self-interest they may have.

The Horde members were released as vintage MOTU figures. So the vintage fans accept them, even though they were actually She-ra villains.

What we have not got are any female members of the Great Rebellion. We got Bow. We want Glimmer, Castaspella, Frosta, Mermista, etc.

It's not rocket science. They are the "A-listers" to PoP fans. And we haven't gotten any of them. At this rate, it's depressing because this line is about to enter Year 4 and still none on the horizon, and we get the brand manager out here trying to convince us with word games and semantics that we have. We haven't.
    Last edited by EtherianChronicles; December 17, 2011 at 04:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    All I'd like to say is thank god for Filmation/SOTS otherwise I wouldn't have given a damn about POP then and especially now. If I was a POP fan more than anything, I'd be happy the way Mattel/Filmation crossed the characters and figures back then otherwise there wouldn't be nearly as many fans accepting of POP like me and other Filmation fans.

Who cares if the Horde was created for She-Ra's enemies but inserted into the MOTU lien. They were on the POP cartoon and their bios/stories are all linked together even moreso now with the all encompassing going on. They are all one and the same for me. My vintage She-Ra, Bow, Catra, Entrapta...they were all in the same toy box with all my vintage MOTU stuff. They stuck out like sore thumbs in that toy box. I would have never wanted them if it wasnt for Filmation's SOTS which lead to other crossover episodes. Nowadays they are all treated equally under one Classics lien and they look amazing! Just gotta have patience. They know they have to make them, they are hot items. This is the PoP stuff that a lot of people always wanted so they sell like hotcakes for Matty.

I'm dying for more POP heroes besides She-Ra and Adora myself. I'd be just as excited to see them as much as many other characters. As much as I want to see Frosta ASAP, I'd love to see a later PoP figure like Mermista, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, or whoever. I think the Horsemen would make them look amazing with their mermaid tail, wings, whatever the case may be!

I'm also really dying for popular Filmation characters that never had figures like Shadow Weaver who we are getting soon, Sea Hawk, Scorpia, etc...

I want them all almost equally, not in a hurry for any single particular one. (ok maybe Spikor because he is a top favorite) Would love for Toyguru to surprise me and throw more curveballs. As long as they are done in the same style they've been doing them in, I'm sold. I'm even open to some NA, 200x, concepts, whatever... They got a great lien on their hands here. Perfect style of figures imo.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    specifically the bolded part. no where did clawdeen state rumors were keeping her up at night. these cute jokey responses are really not needed.
    Look, I haven't been happy with a lot of ToyGuru's responses (or in some cases non-responses) lately, but I don't think he was being snarky this time because 'keeping you up at night' is an expression that means someone is stressed, and I think Clawdeen's post could easily be taken with a stressed tone. And I think it's pretty impressive that he chose this question to talk so much about POP because if I were him and I started to read ANY question that started "There are quite a few rumours saying" I would stop reading RIGHT then and there. I mean, she wasn't just asking him to clear up RUMORS, for God's sake, but INTERNET RUMORS. If someone's getting worked up about those, that's no one's fault but their own.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

it doesn't matter where they classify the characters now, they are all Masters of the universe classics now! , I think people are getting way to picky about the sub categories,stop being to hard on TG and demanding way to much, the line has been pretty decent.Of course there are not going to be as many POP figures as there are vintage MOTU figures, just like New Adventures and 20xx, Vintage MOTU is the big daddy and all the others are there children and yes the Horde were part of the MOTU line but they were the villains in POP so they would be considered part of the POP section of the universe but it's all connected in a nice little circle it's all the same universe and everyone fits together. There going to make Glimer and Frosta but they may not get around to every POP, just like it will be awhile before I get a Butthead figure or Visor if they ever make them.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    You keep trying to convince us that we have what we are asking for. We don't. And it's not that complicated - we want to start seeing members of the Great Rebellion. You started with the one sole male member (literally and figuratively, LOL). Why the constant word games? We want Glimmer, Frosta, Mermista...you know what we are talking about. I can't figure out what bothers me more - that we haven't gotten them, or we get word games and run-around as to why.
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    we just want a decent representation from the very well known and popular She-Ra cartoon and toyline like Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Kowl, Peakable, Mermista. Big, fairly non controversial characters that should have had some form of representation after 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Also, nobody EVER considers the Horde to be PoP until PoP fans start clamoring for representation. Then, suddenly, we are told that we've "had PLENTY of representation, because, um, er, well....oh! The Horde! Yes, that's right! You have the Horde!"

The Horde is a scapegoat and a poor justification for the lack of Rebel presence in this line.
    Quoted for TRUTH!
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    All I know, is if I see a Horde sticker on a figure, they are a HORDE figure...right? Does that not make sense?

If they're being considered PoP...why don't they have the PoP sticker? Catra was on the PoP card in the 80's (in her non-Horde outfits). The PoP sticker has nothing to do with allegiance (Great Rebellion or Evil Horde)...it was about the brand. *shrugs*

It's not a "big deal" to me, I'm just confused.
    I disagree.

I find it always odd when PoP fans are ready to exclude Horde members from POP for the sake of argument, and then resent Motu fans when they do the same. As pop fans, we can't on one hand say that Catra doesn't count as a pop charcter, and complain when motu purists claim that the horde is Motu and non-pop! It doesnt make sense to me!

the Horde WAS created for POP. See my signature down below! It's a fact, it's not a point of view. So for me, I celebrate figures like Hordak and Leech as part of Pop! They ARE She-ra's foes, period. Who cares what the sticker says on Catra! it won't negate the mini comics, the multitude of filmation episodes she was featured in.

I WOULD LOVE to get all the POP characters, I always loved Motu too but I like PoP a bit better so I am biais for PoP characters too, but if I try to be objective, I must agree with Toyguru's post: pop already has a lot of characters in the toyline. The more the better, but I m cool with 2012... As long that Frosta or Glimmer are not too faraway!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    it won't negate the mini comics, the multitude of filmation episodes she was featured in.
    It's a tricky situation. Also, in the mini-comics and some UK books, Catra is not a Horde member. SHE is the main villainess. Hordak merely captured Adora. In the mini-comics, that's his only cameo.

Plus, for MOTUC purposes, the version we got should really be categorized as "Filmation" and neither Horde nor PoP (in my opinion). PoP Catra is her OWN villainess.

I know the Horde was originally created for She-Ra, but the toys of the Horde were MOTU...and appeared before the toon. So, like I said...it's a tricky situation.

Anyway...I want more Rebellion. Adora/She-Ra, Bow and the Star Sisters is all we will have come February 2012. 2008-2012 and we will have 5 characters of the Great Rebellion.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 17, 2011 at 06:40am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Simple fact of the matter is this:

When the Horde became a faction in it's own right, the fans came to label POP as 'THE GREAT REBELLION'. It's not that hard to understand!!!

With no Great Rebellion faction sticker to label them, and with Horde under their own banner (and released as MOTU figures in the vintage line) POP came to represent the 'WARRIORS OF THE GREAT REBELLION'!!!

Simple.

So far (She Ra/Adora aside as they are one) we have ONE Great Rebellion member. Bow.

As a major brand and cartoon in it's own right, POP fans have a right to be annoyed. They pay for their subs year after year just as much as the MOTU fans in the hope of seeing their factions represented also, thus far they have ONE member of The Great Rebellion.

It equates to this. If He Man fans at this point, 4 years into the line, only had He Man, Prince Adam and Teela (the equivalent to She Ra, Adora and Bow) do you not think they'd be kicking off?

AFTER FOUR YEARS, ONLY HE MAN, PRINCE ADAM AND TEELA?

Four years worth of subs to only have those?

You don't think they'd be more than little rattled they hadn't got Man-at-arms, Man-e-faces, Stratos, Zodak etc?

That's all POP fans are saying. Frosta, Queen Angella, Glimmerr and Castaspella are the equivalent of those characters to the POP fans.

From day 1 we were promised a blend, and understood totally the need to space out characters to fill out the line. But after FOUR YEARS we have 1 great rebellion member, plus 3 versions of one character (Adora/She Ra/BP She Ra) and let's face it, we only got BP She Ra because Mattel messed up the original figure and she couldn't sit on her own horse, don't for a second think we would have gotten her otherwise.

The spacing out of characters though has been totally unbalanced. Yet again the start of 2012 is totally vintage MOTU heavy, and whilst I understand that's likely done to attract subscribers, would it have killed you to have one Great Rebellion member in there? one MYP? Would people have subbed any less if they'd seen

Sorceress
    Fisto
    Frosta
    Prahvus
    Stinkor

Of course not, it's just down to good character selection. The gap is narrowing now, hardly any of the GREAT REBELLION have been released. Spin it any way you want but Star Sisters, as cool prototypes as they are, were never members of the Great Rebellion, they never got the chance to be, and had about 30 seconds of screen time, they're not even on par with Prince Zed who at least had a proper fleshed out appearance in the cartoon, and he'd be considered Z list at best.

POP fans aren't asking for much, we just want to see a step up in the inclusion of the members of the GREAT REBELLION. We're very aware that unless they start appearing shortly, we'll NEVER get to most of them, because you've left it until 4 years into the line untill we got Swiftwind for goodness sake!!!!! Again, you don't think He Man fans would have been annoyed if they'd had to wait four years to get BATTLE CAT?

So when we refer to POP, I and many other POP fans actually mean GREAT REBELLION!

Just wanted to clear that one up!

Last edited by Angel-T; December 17, 2011 at 09:28am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Simply put, some of us POP fans already had this discussion on the boards ages ago to ensure Mattel knew our stance on the matter, so they shouldn't be playing clueless about any of this stuff. (Unless they weren't paying attention to us yet again or are purposely trying to confuse matters...heh)

...What I mean, is that early into the line I remember quite a few of us stated that we considered the females to be the main area of interest or selling point when it came to the POP brand. We drilled that into them.

Moreover, Mattel keeps ignoring the crux of my argument, which has nothing to do with faction designations on the packaging. It seems they laugh off the notion that they treat POP and its fans different than MOTU and its fans, yet at every turn they're proving that they do just that in their responses...

When this line was in its infancy, Mattel made statements that amounted to "anything is possible in MOTUC." And while this still holds true for hardcore vintage MOTU fans, who get concept characters (like Vikor and Demo-Man) and variety galore, they've limited POP by making this lame rule that they mostly have to stick to a Filmation and/or style guide look. Now they're further limiting the franchise by lumping together every segment of POP (Filmation, Mini-Comics, vintage toy line etc.) and creating double standards, to where POP fans are not allowed to 'get specific' about what they would like to see more of in the line. Meanwhile, they have absolutely no problem with fans asking for more Horde and/or Snake Men representation, or to round out so and so vintage MOTU wave.

Then there's the way they respond to POP fans.

Remember the person who merely asked Mattel if they could let us know how many more POP figures are in the remaining slots, like they've done in the past? Mattel immediately got snappy and defensive by blurting out the same thing about how we already got the Star Sisters and whatnot. And they wonder why some POP fans are suspicious?

This POP fan is not asking for special treatment or playing games. I'm merely adhering to a precedent and expecting the fair treatment that Mattel claims to give all the fans.

Even counting the Horde releases as PoP just because of the cartoon, it only emphasizes that we've seen mostly villains and none of the heroines from PoP aside from She-Ra herself. Add that there were voices saying they wanted She-Ra but not "all her friends" to be part of 200x MOTU and early in MOTUC and there's a legitimate standard in need of being set. Bow is a nice start, but seriously he's the token male. It's like starting the Heroic Warriors with Teela while the Evil Warriors are coming more and more (and largely because they're guys and originally released in a separate line too). Again, I only want to see one of them finally. Yeah it'd be nice to have more than one more in 2012, but one more I will gladly take. I think we're close, though I am tired of being told to stop asking or that I shouldn't be unhappy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    So does this mean you will bump Frosta Scott since everyone knows she's the POP slot you mentioned?
    No!
    ([bonk] vertigoink drops, gbagok rolls unconscious body around nearest corner) Nothing to see here, Scott. As you were. Fro...the PoP figure will be VERY welcome. Don't disappoint!
    Last edited by gbagok; December 17, 2011 at 07:57am.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad to hear there will be more "POP" in 2012.

Personally, I don't consider members of The Horde to be part of "POP". But, I can certainly understand the reasoning behind grouping them together since they were all part of the same cartoon series.

That said, I hope the unannounced "POP" figure in 2012 is a member of The Great Rebellion and preferably a female member of The Great Rebellion and ideally one of the following: Glimmer, Frosta, Queen Angella or Castaspella.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I really hope that we'll get (at least!) 2 out of the 4 remaining rebellion core characters (Glimmer, Frosta, Castaspella, Angella) in the next 2 years. These characters had prominent roles in most of the POP media (cartoon, mini-comics, Ladybird books etc). I can understand that Mattel want to hold back some of these characters to keep the line alive, but so far, out of the original "POP cast" we've only had Bow, She-ra and Catra. Not that there is anything wrong with Adora, Shadow Weaver or the Star Sisters. It was pretty cool to finally see figures from these much wanted characters. But the Great Rebellion really needs more core characters...

Thing is, if Sea Hawk comes next, they're done with their Rebel males (no I don't think the Red Knight, Josh or even King Micah's popularity comes close to Glimmer, Castaspella or even Netossa). Their logic confuses me - they'll have to get to the female GR members some time!

I think the reason people are peeved is that we were promised an all-encompassing line. We saw Adora for the first time three years ago and it was truly amazing. But three years on, we've barely added to the GR tally. If you'd told me that back in 2008/9, I wouldn't have bothered.

I'm stoked we have Shadow Weaver on the way, but she was a sub exclusive. Some of us can't afford to pay for the all-in sub, so I maintain my stance: this was a bad idea. They could have released her time and time again and she would have sold like hot-cakes, but now they can't (as dictates their own policy of never re-releasing sub exclusives).

I'm pleased the Horde issue has been raised. They're not what the question was about. It's the heroic female characters - as others have said, MOTU has Teela and POP has Bow. MOTU has He-Ro, Vikor and The Goddess and POP has the Star Sisters. What POP doesn't have is their MOTU-equivalent of Man-At-Arms, Stratos, Sy-Klone, Man-E-Faces, Buzz-Off etc. It's beyond me why it's taken Mattel so long to test the waters with someone like Castaspella or Mermista (these two are the deal-breakers for POP in my eyes. We know Glimmer and Frosta will sell, but these two are risky, but not as risky as your Spinnerellas or your Flutterinas). The latter part of the year would be best to test these ladies out.

I'm glad there's an indication that more POP is coming in 2012. I hope for at least two more and I'm glad there's a lot of support here.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    ...What I mean, is that early into the line I remember quite a few of us stated that we considered the females to be the main area of interest or selling point when it came to the POP brand. We drilled that into them.
    Absolutely and everyone knows that when POP fans say POP they mean the Female Rebellion members.

I'm fairly sure Toyguru remembers the reaction to Bow yeah he's great but the majority of POP fans were basically saying why are they doing Bow before Glimmer and why aren't we getting any POP girls.

Loving the poster Angel T

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I think the reason people are peeved is that we were promised an all-encompassing line. We saw Adora for the first time three years ago and it was truly amazing. But three years on, we've barely added to the GR tally. If you'd told me that back in 2008/9, I wouldn't have bothered.
    I feel the same, it I had known POP would get basically NO female Great Rebellion members 3 years into the line I wouldn't have bothered either.
    Last edited by Jubilation; December 17, 2011 at 08:28am.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Absolutely and everyone knows that when POP fans say POP they mean the Female Rebellion members.

Yes, because the female villains were a whopping two (back when we couldn't count Filmation). The bulk of PoP has always been the heroines. I'm not at all against adding some new villainesses aside from those featured in the cartoon (ahem, CaC!), but the simple truth is a member of the core PoP girls is overdue.

The real hell of it is I love all the figures we've got. Aside from Snake Man-At-Arms and repaint Evil-Lyn, there is no figure I would rather have not gotten. And there are tons I want to see get made still and would cheer to see in the rest of 2012. But still, it's time to get a PoP heroine who isn't She-Ra or brand new to being a figure.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I really hope that we'll get (at least!) 2 out of the 4 remaining rebellion core characters (Glimmer, Frosta, Castaspella, Angella) in the next 2 years. These characters had prominent roles in most of the POP media (cartoon, mini-comics, Ladybird books etc). I can understand that Mattel want to hold back some of these characters to keep the line alive, but so far, out of the original "POP cast" we've only had Bow, She-ra and Catra. Not that there is anything wrong with Adora, Shadow Weaver or the Star Sisters. It was pretty cool to finally see figures from these much wanted characters. But the Great Rebellion really needs more core characters...
    Keeping the line alive by holding back so many of the principle PoP heroines while we are rapidly burning through the principle MOTU heroes seems faulty to me in the first place, but I think they want us rabid and anxious like we were for a He-Man line back in 2008. They want us tocheer a deafening roar when one is revealed, sell our first borns to afford more subscriptions, and eat the naysayers alive if they try to boo. Well mission accomplished, so make with the princesses of power!
    Last edited by gbagok; December 17, 2011 at 08:35am.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...r_for_POP1.jpg

When Horde became a faction in it's own right, the fans came to label POP as 'THE GREAT REBELLION'. It's not that hard to understand.

With no Great Rebellion faction sticker to label them, and with Horde under their own banner (and released as MOTU figures in the vintage line) POP came to represent the 'WARRIORS OF THE GREAT REBELLION'.

Simple.

So far (She Ra/Adora aside as they are one) we have ONE Great Rebellion member. Bow.

As a major brand and cartoon in it's own right, POP fans have a right to be annoyed. They pay for their subs year after year just as much as the MOTU fans in the hope of seeing their factions represented also, thus far they have ONE member of The Great Rebellion.

It equates to this. If He Man fans at this point, 4 years into the line, only had He Man, Prince Adam and Teela (the equivalent to She Ra, Adora and Bow) do you not think they'd be kicking off?

You don't think they'd be more than little rattled they hadn't got Man-at-arms, Man-e-faces, Stratos, Zodak etc?

That's all POP fans are saying. Frosta, Queen Angella, Glimmerr and Castaspella are the equivalent of those characters to the POP fans.

From day 1 we were promised a blend, and understood totally the need to space out characters to fill out the line. But after FOUR YEARS we have 1 great rebellion member, plus 3 versions of one character (Adora/She Ra/BP She Ra) and let's face it, we only got BP She Ra because Mattel messed up the original figure and she couldn't sit on her own horse, don't for a second think we would have gotten her otherwise.

The spacing out of characters though has been totally unbalanced. Yet again the start of 2012 is totally vintage MOTU heavy, and whilst I understand that's likely done to attract subscribers, would it have killed you to have one Great Rebellion member in there? one MYP? Would people have subbed any less if they'd seen

Sorceress
    Fisto
    Frosta
    Prahvus
    Stinkor

Of course not, it's just down to good character selection. The gap is narrowing now, hardly any of the GREAT REBELLION have been released. Spin it any way you want but Star Sisters, as cool prototypes as they are, were never members of the Great Rebellion, they never got the chance to be, and had about 30 seconds of screen time, they're not even on par with Prince Zed who at least had a proper fleshed out appearance in the cartoon, and he'd be considered Z list at best.

POP fans aren't asking for much, we just want to see a step up in the inclusion of the members of the GREAT REBELLION. We're very aware that unless they start appearing shortly, we'll NEVER get to most of them, because you've left it until 4 years into the line til we got Swiftwind for goodness sake. Again, you don't think He Man fans would have been annoyed if they'd had to wait four years to get BATTLE CAT?

So when we refer to POP, I and many other POP fans actually mean GREAT REBELLION!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ner_copy-1.gif
    How is Catra not POP? So she was Horde in the cartoon, who cares? She had a vintage toy in the line.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar

When Horde became a faction in it's own right, the fans came to label POP as 'THE GREAT REBELLION'. It's not that hard to understand.

With no Great Rebellion faction sticker to label them, and with Horde under their own banner (and released as MOTU figures in the vintage line) POP came to represent the 'WARRIORS OF THE GREAT REBELLION'.

Simple.

Sorceress
    Fisto
    Frosta
    Prahvus
    Stinkor

POP fans aren't asking for much, we just want to see a step up in the inclusion of the members of the GREAT REBELLION. We're very aware that unless they start appearing shortly, we'll NEVER get to most of them, because you've left it until 4 years into the line til we got Swiftwind for goodness sake. Again, you don't think He Man fans would have been annoyed if they'd had to wait four years to get BATTLE CAT?

I really can't believe you're going down the sexist road again. It's petty and disgusting.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    How is Catra not POP? So she was Horde in the cartoon, who cares? She had a vintage toy in the line.
    OK Catra and Entrapta who belong to both POP and Horde factions.....compaired to how many heroic females?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I really can't believe you're going down the sexist road again. It's petty and disgusting.
    To be truthful Rockinhard that is the exact kind of responce I was expecting from you...I don't really have anything more I need to say to you! Have a nice day now!

I stand by my post. Many many POP fans are rightfully calling for the Great Rebellion females. The truth of the matter is the subs dropped this year and if Mattel don't start giving more attention to the well known Great Rebellion females more fans are going to start turning away and that is going to hurt the line. We were promised an all inclusive line, and it's not coming at the speed it should. I knew the posters and my last post would fly in the face of certian fans around here....but I don't really care anymore!!!! This is the position of many POP fans and we have a perfect right to express it, weither other fans can swallow that pill or not! We are all subscribers to this line at the end of the day and have a perfect right to voice our oppinions on issues like figure selection.
    Last edited by Angel-T; December 17, 2011 at 09:51am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    POP fans care and were still waiting for one of the vintage toy Catra's from the vintage toyline.

I do personally consider Catra a POP character becuase she is just like Shadow Weaver but Catra is not displayed with my 3 She-Ra's, Bow and Swifty she's with the Horde as she's a Horde member.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    If they don't make Ram Man within the next year, they don't like fat people. I'm fiing a suit. Or just going to accuse them of . . . something.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Simple.

Sorceress
    Fisto
    Frosta
    Prahvus
    Stinkor

I understand your frustrations, but things have been spaced out fairly well over the course of the line. You must keep in mind POP exists because of MOTU, not the other way around. Unfortunately POP fans have 200X and NA to contend with as well, although I see those as kind of tertiary lines with MOTU and POP being first and second respectively.

Personally, I would much rather have seen Frosta, Castaspella, Sweet Bee or Angella over Faceless One, Count Marzo, Cheif Carnivus (who was probably only made as a **** you because Mattel didn't get the Thundercats liscence and wanted to show off what they could do), Tytus or Megator.

I think if maybe one or two of the male figures from the tertiary lines had been a POP female there would have been a better balance to things. Unfortunately for POP fans this line is mainly geared towards the adult male 25-45 demographic due to their previous experiences with MOTU, and the figure selections thus far reflect that.

To a certain extent I believe the Star Sisters were released with the honest intention of making up for the shortage of POP females in the line. Mattel knows it has to release a lot of vintage figures when advertising the sub, so they probably thought they had the perfect line up with a little something for everyone. Their reasoning was probably that Sorceress is a strong female character that can be used in POP and the Star Sisters are all brand new Great Rebellion figures so POP fans will be thrilled.

I'm sure we will see Frosta this year, as the line really does need a single carded Great Rebellion figure, and she is due. Not only is she a big member of the Great Rebellion, she also stands out as unique among the figures that have been released thus far.

I'd also be surprised if we didn't see Sea Hawk this year. With him being male(appeal to MOTU fans), POP and Filmation he is the perfect figure to fill in some of the gaps. Not to mention with the release of Snout Spout they have his boots made, and maybe they will even use the gloves, so all they really need to do for this figure is make a jacket, a head and a weapon. So he is also a cheap figure to make on top of all the other pluses.

I understand your frustrations. I personally would GLADLY trade every NA figure we've gotten/seen with a POP female. But that isn't fair to NA fans (not sure how they exist, but whatever . Now that Fisto, Kobra Khan and Stinkor (all part of my top ten most wanted) have been revealed I really want to see Frosta made. But I must say every POP female released is another figure that is keeping me from being able to make my Two-Bad figure punch itself in the face like I did when I was a kid, so I'm really torn.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

When the Horde became a faction in it's own right, the fans came to label POP as 'THE GREAT REBELLION'. It's not that hard to understand!!!

With no Great Rebellion faction sticker to label them, and with Horde under their own banner (and released as MOTU figures in the vintage line) POP came to represent the 'WARRIORS OF THE GREAT REBELLION'!!!

Simple.

Sorceress
    Fisto
    Frosta
    Prahvus
    Stinkor

POP fans aren't asking for much, we just want to see a step up in the inclusion of the members of the GREAT REBELLION. We're very aware that unless they start appearing shortly, we'll NEVER get to most of them, because you've left it until 4 years into the line untill we got Swiftwind for goodness sake!!!!! Again, you don't think He Man fans would have been annoyed if they'd had to wait four years to get BATTLE CAT?

Well, at least there isn't any other POP characters that stand in their way, right? Just be patient guys!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    If they don't make Ram Man within the next year, they don't like fat people. I'm fiing a suit. Or just going to accuse them of . . . something.
    Yeah! And if it not vintage toy Ram Man, it is not Ram Man!!!

And they stink too!