View Poll Results: Do you want MOTUC Dekker in your collection?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 63.12%
  • No

52 36.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want MOTUC Dekker in your collection?

Do you want MOTUC Dekker in your collection?

Source

Do you want this figure in your collection? Or do you wish Mattel chose a different character to include in this year's subscription? Is this figure worth ~$26 + shipping?

Personally I think the white-haired head is a good design and I'd use it with one of my MOTUC Eternian Palace Guard figures. Other than that the character and design are both boring to me. The second "young" Dekker head is a waste of tooling IMO, and we could have at least been given a helmetless Duncan head. The club is redundant and we'd be better off with pretty much any other accessory, or at least a noticeably different color for the club like silver. Dekker's lime green and Easter blue/purple getup is pretty distracting, not to mention his huge ugly brown boots.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; August 12, 2012 at 03:08am.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Do you want this figure in your collection? Or do you wish Mattel chose a different character to include in this year's subscription? Is this figure worth ~$26 + shipping?

Yes, I want Dekker in my collection. I like the character but if I didn't I'd probably use him as a random villager, weapons maker or relative of Clamp Champ or Zodak.

Personally I think the white-haired head is a good design and I'd use it with one of my MOTUC Eternian Palace Guard figures. Other than that the character and design are both boring to me. The second "young" Dekker head is a waste of tooling IMO, and we could have at least been given a helmetless Duncan head. The club is redundant and we'd be better off with pretty much any other accessory, or at least a noticeably different color for the club like silver. Dekker's lime green and Easter blue/purple getup is pretty distracting, not to mention his huge ugly brown boots.
    A helmetless Duncan head would have been better than the young Dekker head. I do like the club though because it's more appropriate for an MYP/200X Duncan. The colors of the clothing works great for a non-warrior like the random villager I mentioned above. To each their own, but I think the figure has a lot of potential for those who don't like the Dekker character.

I don't have a 2012 Club Eternia so I'm either going to have to buy him from an ORG member who doesn't want theirs, or DOS, which I really hate doing now.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    I want a complete collection. He's on my shelf.

He has too much in a $20 figure year, yet Jitsu can't be bothered to get a 200x belt or Staction head? The toy has good boots (Sea Hawk?) but he could have used a green mace, or repainted Clawful weapons, given his one appearance. The second head was useless and a huge waste of tooling.

He'll be on my shelf, but not for any real reason. About as important as any other random toon character. Toy characters, like even Netossa, are fun to own because you can see the potential their toy could have. I don't see it here.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    No interest in anything 200x-tinged... At best I could use him as a generic Eternian.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    he could have used a green mace, or repainted Clawful weapons, given his one appearance.
    Those are coming in the weapons pak!

I love the look of this figure, and can't wait to get it. A perfectly designed MYP character that looks like he stepped right out of the cartoon. Personally I don't think he's boring at all.
    He's also the mentor of Randor, Duncan, and possibly Keldor. The young head can be popped on another body for a 'younger' display. But I'll probably try out the head on SLL.

As much as I prefer the vintage characters and designs above all, I love MYP characters, and Dekker makes for a really nice figure.

I wish they would have given us a better character. There's just nothing visually appealing about this character for me, he's the most boring looking figure to date.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I think DEKKER is awesome looking, and will be very happy to have him.

I would have rather had a nice broad sword or even a bo staff as a weapon, though. But that's certainly not a deal breaker.

As far as people thinking he looks boring, I always find that kind of funny. He doesn't look like any other character in the line...not even close. But that's just my opinion, and I guess I'm kinda biased.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Not much use for 200X characters, SMAA came with the comic, and I can use his armor for something else if I wanted to, if I opened him. But other 200X original characters, nah.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Do you want this figure in your collection?
    I think I'll pass...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Yep. I can hardly wait 'til the day Dekker shows up, putting boot to butt, learning Randy, Duncan and the rest what real fighting is all about.

Got two coming so far, need one more for custom(s).

What a boring character. I think I'm getting gray just looking at his picture! YUCK!

I agree that dekker is boring design and all. I never really liked him.if he had better accessories....
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not getting where the "boring" is coming from on this guy. I know the majority of fans dig him, but I really want to know why some fans don't. He has braids, a goatee, swashbuckling boots, and a freakin' eyepatch. That definitely suggests he's an action-oriented guy. I guess he needs the done-to-death studded belt and furry drawers/boots combo to be recognized as a Master of the Universe? What's really going on here?

As for his accessories; I want a helmetless Duncan as much as anybody, but I understand why it was'nt included with Dek. Helmetless Duncan can be included with other characters in the future (Captain Randor, King Miro). A young Dekker head would be a little weird and too obscure coming wih anyone else. And yes, it sucks he really doesn't come with a weapon of "his own". But since the MOTUC line has become so vast, this is not a problem. I personally have four, gallon-sized ziplock bags of weapons to give this guy. I'm probably gona finally make use of that WP Trike sword. I suggest everyone else go a similiar route.

So really, why so much dislike for the Master's Master?

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    I'm not getting where the "boring" is coming from on this guy. I know the majority of fans dig him, but I really want to know why some fans don't. He has braids, a goatee, swashbuckling boots, and a freakin' eyepatch. That definitely suggests he's an action-oriented guy. I guess he needs the done-to-death studded belt and furry drawers/boots combo to be recognized as a Master of the Universe? What's really going on here?

As for his accessories; I want a helmetless Duncan as much as anybody, but I understand why it was'nt included with Dek. Helmetless Duncan can be included with other characters in the future (Captain Randor, King Miro). A young Dekker head would be a little weird and too obscure coming wih anyone else. And yes, it sucks he really doesn't come with a weapon of "his own". But since the MOTUC line has become so vast, this is not a problem. I personally have four, gallon-sized ziplock bags of weapons to give this guy. I'm probably gona finally make use of that WP Trike sword. I suggest everyone else go a similiar route.

For me, MAA had only one mentor, and he was from Filmation, not 200X, I have no connection to 200X at all. Rohan was Duncan's friend and Mentor, that is why I don't like or want Dekker, I have no use for him, I wouldn't call him boring, just unneeded and out of place in my canon.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar

I don't think it's hate. Dekker isn't from FILMation and FILMation is almost a religion now.

Even though I played with He-Man before the sacred Lou Scheimer scripture, I ended up liking the kinder gentler Filmation show. Unfortunately, character development was non-existant(much like Filmation He-Man actually using his sword as a weapon) so I have a hard time watching the show now. The transformation and music is still the best but characters like Dekker are a welcomed addition in my collection because the MYP show was much better written with an overarching storyline. Besides characters like Dekker, it even got me to like Stinkor, which was a character I absolutely HATED before MYP came along.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 13, 2012 at 01:22am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    It's funny. I remember reading many posts years ago about how people hated Filmation. Filmation was blamed for ruining MOTU, making it too soft and getting away from the original mini-comics storyline. Now it seems fans are divided by prescribing to all the different media. To each his own. I like and follow each stoyline, but have still come up with my own canon (much the way how TG comes up with the MOTUC bios).

200X did have a slightly more mature, continual storyline. I would have to say it is my favorite being it gave me my favorite character. But like all the other media, it's not perfect. So I take the aspects that are good (like Dekker) and make ghem work in my canon/collection. Rohad definitely has his place there, but the old scientist can hardly fill the role of Miro's MAA or "sifu" to any of the Eternal Defenders (Masters). That's why Dekker is eagerly anticipated, and for the first time ever Matty has me contemplating the coolness of a King Miro or MOTUC Captain Randor figure.
    Last edited by Colder Soldier; August 13, 2012 at 03:33am.

Being a huge 200X fan I definitely want the MYP characters in the line. Dekker was one I was waiting for and is one of the reasons I bought 2013 sub!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Hate this boring figure.

I'll pretend he's Melaktha or some random villager or part of Sea Hawk's crew or something...
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

My Dekker will eat evil chumps for breakfast. He'll be like the 80s Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris, Sly Stallone, JCVD, or Ahnuld! (minus the bad-one-liners)
    He's got this videogame monk-type of character vibe to him that makes him cool in my eyes. A Slight Repaint to that young Dekker head and we get a young Duncan head...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

He has braids, a goatee, swashbuckling boots, and a freakin' eyepatch. That definitely suggests he's an action-oriented guy.
    We are of like minds as far as sci-fi/fantasy stuff goes, my friend. To me, DEKKER looks like a mixture of a Jedi, a Mercenary, and a Gladiator.

Than again, I'm a perpetual 12 year old when it comes to this stuff, so what do I know?
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 13, 2012 at 08:37pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

It's funny. I remember reading many posts years ago about how people hated Filmation. Filmation was blamed for ruining MOTU, making it too soft and getting away from the original mini-comics storyline. Now it seems fans are divided by prescribing to all the different media. To each his own. I like and follow each stoyline, but have still come up with my own canon (much the way how TG comes up with the MOTUC bios).

200X did have a slightly more mature, continual storyline. I would have to say it is my favorite being it gave me my favorite character. But like all the other media, it's not perfect. So I take the aspects that are good (like Dekker) and make ghem work in my canon/collection. Rohad definitely has his place there, but the old scientist can hardly fill the role of Miro's MAA or "sifu" to any of the Eternal Defenders (Masters). That's why Dekker is eagerly anticipated, and for the first time ever Matty has me contemplating the coolness of a King Miro or MOTUC Captain Randor figure.
    How can Filmation have ruined MOTU? MOTU was a toy line that came with Comic Books, that not all kids read or cared about, I never cared about. I never had any toys until the FIlmation cartoon came out, Filmation was my ultimate MOTU experience, and people overlook....no Filmation, no She-Ra.

The Comics were not everyones exposure to MOTU, Filmation took MOTU to so many more kids and parents, that never heard of the toys until that 2 season TV commercial began airing. If anything Filmation streamlined MOTU, and made if much more appealing to more parents....back in the day parents cared more about what their kids watched, and the content of what they watched, unlike all the toon garbage that I will never let my kid watch today.

I get there were kids that felt the ever changing stories in the comics were the MOTU Bible, but people have to be realistic, if not for Filmation, there wouldn't be so many MOTUC fans today. I mean look how many Filmation character fans there are just on the ORG alone, let alone those who never come here to post. Filmation is bigger, and made MOTU bigger than many want to acknowledge. Don't like Filmation, fine....but there are those who don't like the comics. And no Filmation, there would not have been POP fans today either.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Widget
    Dekker is dedinitely a welcomed addition to my collection.

Absolutely. He is very welcome.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I said "no" on him, he just does not hold any attachment for me, and the design isn't cool enough to win me over.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Dekker is a very "meh" figure for me personally but I'm not really wanting many characters from the 200x era.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!