View Poll Results: Would you like more PoP characters like the She-Ra 2016 Exclusive?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I would love to see all of the vintage figures in this style!

30 38.46%
  • NO! I would rather Mattel focus on other lines involving PoP...

26 33.33%
  • Maybe... if they didn't cost as much as She-Ra.

17 21.79%
  • Other (explain)...

5 6.41%

Thread: More PoP characters like the She-Ra 2016 Exclusive?

More PoP characters like the She-Ra 2016 Exclusive?

Now that Mattel has revealed the 2016 She-Ra exclusive through the USA Today website, would you like to see more Princess of Power characters in this same style?

"For the Honor of Grayskull!!"
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I think the doll is beautiful and I'd love to have one, but it's a bit rich for my budget. I'd LOVE for She-Ra to be added to the DC Superhero Girls line though. My daughter adores hers.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, Hawke, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Not for $75 each...nope. $30 or $35...we'll talk. I'd love a Frosta like this.

I don't consider these full on Dolls, not with the articulation they have, I mean, they are still Dollesque, but meh, whatever. I'd not build a whole collection, but I'd buy a few of my favorite POP girls. Hell, gimmie a Teela like this.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Other...I don't care either way.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I think these are ideal for the POP/She-Ra brand. Great blend of action figure and doll (though I wonder if they'll be able to stand up?).

I would love to see this figure be the basis for a revamped POP/She-Ra centered line, but...I'm not sure that direct updates to vintage toy and/or Filmation designs would be the best way to go. Varying degrees of redesign might be needed on many characters. I'd love to see what guys like Garrett Sander (a MOTU/POP fan) could come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    I think these are ideal for the POP/She-Ra brand. Great blend of action figure and doll (though I wonder if they'll be able to stand up?).

I would love to see this figure be the basis for a revamped POP/She-Ra centered line, but...I'm not sure that direct updates to vintage toy and/or Filmation designs would be the best way to go. Varying degrees of redesign might be needed on many characters. I'd love to see what guys like Garrett Sander (a MOTU/POP fan) could come up with.
    I actually think that this would be the perfect time/way to reintroduce She-Ra and the gang to a whole new generation of fans. Of course, the $75 price tag would have to come down if Mattel was ever to get this line on it's feet, ala Monster High and Barbie...

I could see an entire collection of these, essentially recreating the 80's vintage line in 1/6 scale...

Heroic Warrior
    No........

"Other." I have enough PoP and would prefer Mattel focus on MOTUC.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    Yes. Love the idea.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Would support this for sure, but the figures need to be a little cheaper.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    To me it depends;
    if this line doesn't negatively impact on Motuc
    then sure, why not the doll is amazing!!
    Otherwise i wouldn't venture into it,
    whatever their level of prettiness might be.
    So being a bit confused for now, it was a "no" for me.

Even though I'm pretty disappointed that Mattel still hasn't made MOTU/POP Barbies and I still hope to see them eventually, I'm still really excited for what this SDCC She-Ra could be the beginning of!! I'll gladly take many more of the POP and MOTU characters in this style!!

Bring 'em on!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'd love to see Catra in this style but I'm not super interested in an entire line. Mostly because I don't need another line to collect. If they do make a full line, I hope it does well.

I voted maybe. I would love to see more characters, especially Catra and Mermista, but I don't think I can commit to a full line for cost/space issues. But would definitely buy more high profile characters!

It's a beautiful piece and a great package set. I do not personally want it nor further in this style. However for those that do I hope they get a chance. A Teela maybe? Who can say.

I'm just not holding my breath for it.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted yes as long as they don't cost as much BUT I will probably buy them regardless. I would love if each one came with its own original comic book too.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I voted yes as long as they don't cost as much BUT I will probably buy them regardless. I would love if each one came with its own original comic book too.
    That would be incredible!

If Mattel could somehow find a way to offer original comicbooks, and one alternate outfit per character, I would be on cloud nine!

Widget

More PoP characters like the She-Ra 2016 Exclusive?

I say yes. 1000 times yes!! I will buy everything in this line if it continues. I have been loyal to MOTUC since day 1, and to be honest, there hasn't been anything in the last 3 years that I've been super excited about (even though I forked out good money for subscriptions). The price doesn't even put me off. $75 ($100 AUD) is no biggie for me as it's cheaper than the Jem and the holograms that I'm currently collecting (all of them so far) so I'd love to see a Catra (both toy and filmation versions in a set) Frosta and even a Bow. I know he wouldn't be as bulky as a MOTU figure should be, but it would be a good start towards a He-man like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widget
    This is what I have waited for my whole life. I'm surprised everyone is gripping over price. She got 3 outfits. 3 accessories , 3 sets of gauntlets, 2 headdresses and 2 pairs of boots. Do any of you know the prices for hot toys and sideshow. Most of you would drop dead if you saw prices we paid. Granted the quality is way down by comparison. But it's much better than Barbie playline so a 49.99 for a figure with low accessories is fine for real collectors. And 70 for a figure who got as much as she-ra is perfect. I don't get people's complaint on price. Your paying 20-30 now for 5-6" figures. With quality comes price that's why 20 dollar barbies have cheap tacky outfits and accessories you get what you paid for.

If Mattel wanted to be more like 1/6 collectibles. She would get a seamless muscular body with steel frame like Phicen, face would be resin and sculpted better and better paint aps. The fabric would go up in quality and weight. The boots would have longer lasting pleather and her tiara and weapons would be metal then price would clime to $200. So this price you got it easy quit griping.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the She-Ra doll and the price is what it is because of all the extras you get and the elaborate box. I think a more basic package and an extra set of clothes instead of 3 sets would put the price around $40 which is right in line with a collector Barbie line, like Batman Vs Superman etc. I think it would do great! I'd like to see all the ladies made and be packaged in their Filmation outfits and also have a change of clothes to dress like their vintage toys. I think it's totally doable and a welcome addition to the She-Ra legacy. Stuff just isn't MOTUC and Mattel has transitioned that to Super7, so I would really think a She-Ra line of action dolls would be a good sell. I would buy each one.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Firstly I welcome a MOTU line that focuses on celebrating the women of POP/MOTU. Our female characters when compaired to many other properties are plentiful and just outstanding....I'm so sick of the focus always being on the male 8 back characters & if we are lucky we get offered a few bones of Teela, Evil-Lyn, She-Ra and the Sorceress. Its high time Mattel did something to focus on their incredable female characters. For my taste I would love to see the core characters in both toy & story terms....The females who truly matter and Have packed a punch on this brand. There is a pool of 70 + characters they could choose from.

She-Ra
    Adora/ Despara
    Teela/ Sorceress of Serpos
    Sorceress/Teelana
    Green Goddess
    Veena
    Marlana/ Captin Glen
    Queen Angella of Brightmoon/ Angella of Mizzar
    Glimmer/ Scheimer (Classic Toy Look)
    Madam Razz
    Frosta
    Castaspella
    Evil-Lyn/ Sorceress of Horokoth
    Force Captin Catra/ Savage Catra
    Shadow Weaver/ Light Spinner
    Mara
    Critta
    Drissi
    Scorpia
    Octavia
    Hunga the Harpy
    Shokoti
    Lady Slither
    Huntara
    Kitterina
    Hawk
    Delora
    Granita
    Hera
    Illumina
    Melog
    Mortella
    Lt Andrea
    Lohni (Female Horde Trooper
    Shakara
    Lady Valtera
    Enchantress
    Mermista
    Peekablue
    Netossa
    Wizardess
    Kodac Ungle
    Queen Elmora
    Sibline
    Celace
    Gleedel
    Zelora
    Boweena
    Spidara
    Julie
    Perfuma
    Spinerella
    Flutterina
    Sweet bee
    Double Trouble
    Joya
    Star Sisters
    Madam Whizz
    Spiritina
    Dre-Elle
    Flassie
    Kowella
    Female Widget
    Star Child
    Tomartz Concept Witch/ Sultress
    Celestial Witch
    Princess Luna
    Gorgon
    King Hiss Slave Girl
    Roman Horseback Woman
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 26, 2016 at 07:15pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Its a nice figure but too expensive. Maybe if they lower the price.

Widget
    Lower price. This was an exclusive with 3 outfits and accessories. $75 was on point. She-Ra could easily go for BVS WW price by herself. I don't know why people want an even cheaper looking figure. Has anyone looked at the $20 barbies. It's great for a 4 yr old to tear up but this is a collectible not playline. Catra will come with a bunch of stuff and may cost same. Maybe alittle cheeper. But the rest of characters don't have a bunch of stuff so your looking at $40-50 price range. A $20 she ra with rubber sword is pointless. This price point is on target with the quality of accessories and fabric. If it went up it quality it would cost more. Who would want a generic $20 looking she ra on the shelf. Answer no one