Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Why is [insert figure] so expensive on the secondary market?" thread

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    we need a teela 2.0.
    then it wont be pricy or as hard to get. lol

How did "The Block" ...a MAJOR Teela fan, NOT have a MOTUC Teela already???
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    we need a teela 2.0.
    then it wont be pricy or as hard to get. lol
    SO true!!!!

TG did say she was high on his priority list for 2.0 treatment along with He-Man.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    How did "The Block" ...a MAJOR Teela fan, NOT have a MOTUC Teela already???
    Because Jafari, as I've stated before, I'm dirt poor most of the year and only went for it because of a good Birthday haul this year from relatives . I've wanted that Teela since it debuted but was too timid about dealing with MattyCollector.com and all the horror stories of others trying to get their own figures. They'd go on sale before I could get someplace with good internet and sell out too quickly for me to even attempt. So Ebay's my last resort sadly, but now I already banged my head against a well for being the last to know about Teela's on Black Friday, but I didn't have the cash around that time anyway, but explains now why I didn't even get a single outbid notice when I got her...lucky me I guess! Now I have to see how hard it'll be to get Yellow ELyn Powers LOL!
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Teela needs a 2.0

I wholeheartedly beleive THAT is why they never put her back in production for new releases. The original buck got so many complaints, that they started working on the 2.0 buck... twist waist... removable armor...

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the last figures of 2012 is a brand new teela that's a bit more... correct.
    I agree with you, I think they have not reissued her as a monthly reissue because they are redoing her with the 2.0 body. That is why I am confused they didn't redo the tunic with BGEL since it was supposedly in the budget. If they wanted to keep the same look, they at least should have redone the tunic to be used with a 2.0 body.

Perhaps the Teela 2.0 reissue, will be exactly the same style and look of the first Teela with the exception of a filmation style head

So instead of being called Teela 2.0 it could be Filmation Teela, would explain the clothing staying the same but a more filmation inspired head. Red hair, perhaps change of facial features. This would allow us to swap heads if we wanted with Teela 1.0

Then because they have the 2.0 Teela tunic, they could also release a Filmation Evil Lyn to allow collectors Evil Lyn with same skin color as BGEL, so her alternate head could be used on the filmation evil lyn body.

Then as a bonus release a yellow version of cardback artwork 2.0 Evil Lyn

Making a 2.0 Teela tunic, allows Mattel to reuse that tunic on all the darn figures they reused it on already. Then some of us would be replacing our originals with the new 2.0 versions for the extra articulation and body shape.
    Last edited by CicconeSC; December 22, 2011 at 11:22pm.

Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    Because Jafari, as I've stated before, I'm dirt poor most of the year and only went for it because of a good Birthday haul this year from relatives . I've wanted that Teela since it debuted but was too timid about dealing with MattyCollector.com and all the horror stories of others trying to get their own figures. They'd go on sale before I could get someplace with good internet and sell out too quickly for me to even attempt. So Ebay's my last resort sadly, but now I already banged my head against a well for being the last to know about Teela's on Black Friday, but I didn't have the cash around that time anyway, but explains now why I didn't even get a single outbid notice when I got her...lucky me I guess! Now I have to see how hard it'll be to get Yellow ELyn Powers LOL!
    Good luck my friend!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I bought 2 Teelas when she was first released and they both had bobble heads. I finally just this past summer managed to buy a Teela from a local collector for only $20 with a tight neck peg. He hooked me up with such a good deal because I had previeously sold him several figures for $20 each. I used to hate that figure and now she is one of my favorites.

A large number of Teelas had bobble heads so I wouldn't recommend buying her MOC if you intend to open her.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I bought 2 Teelas when she was first released and they both had bobble heads. I finally just this past summer managed to buy a Teela from a local collector for only $20 with a tight neck peg. He hooked me up with such a good deal because I had previeously sold him several figures for $20 each. I used to hate that figure and now she is one of my favorites.

A large number of Teelas had bobble heads so I wouldn't recommend buying her MOC if you intend to open her.
    Yes my he man has a bobble head as well. It's so loose that it swings all over when I move him. Why do they do this? I tried swapping heads but same results. Btw is teela 2.0 confirm for sure?
    Last edited by mac&cheesier; December 26, 2011 at 11:30am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I mean Faker, BA Skeletor & Mer-Man all in Jan '12...I wonder if 3 re-releases will be a norm every month or just a kick off to 2012.
    I'm sooooooooooo hoping for this. Way a great way for people to catch up!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Yeah, mine had a bobble head to, y'know I had a random thought in order to improvise a solution to that particular problem: Do they still make flesh-toned silly putty? I'd imagine just a little bit of it below the chin would hold her head steady for poses and whatnot. Anybody already try this?
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Confused??? Prices on eBay are ridiculous

I've been in and out of the news. Still have my sub and was scanning eBay to see Fisto and Sorceress for $150 and a Shadow Weaver for $350???

What did I miss??
    Like anyone could even know that

You gotta look at completed auctions, people are buying Shadow Weaver for about $150 - $200 ... not nearly as bad as $350.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Yeah, the thing is anyone can TRY to sell a figure for any price they like. It doesn't mean it works.

I've seen them sell much cheaper, but they are unfortunately some of the most rare figures now, long sold out and in Shadow Weavers case, she was a sub exclusive only....Fisto sold out in no time, and some subscribers didn't even get him as they should have, they got Fisto Mailers, but Sorceress was inside....

No more reissues started in 2011 with Man-E-Faces being the first to not get one, and therefore everything after him, will be more harder to find once sold out....even though some are still more widely available like Demo Man & BG Evil-Lyn.... Fisto however was actually sold out a year ago, and will never be made again, same with SW, but with her, only the amount of subscriber numbers was her production number.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Auctions I am seeing are actually ending at that price with bids. I need to check my Fisto. I never opened it. Hope I got him..

I've seen a lot of Buy-It-Now's, which are not getting sold...
    My post count just got bigger.

I've been trying to get Sorceress and Teela, and the auction prices are always well over 100.00 which i just can't spend.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Get a "bill me later" account through paypal and pay $25 a month for those hard to get figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldor5579 View Post
    I've been trying to get Sorceress and Teela, and the auction prices are always well over 100.00 which i just can't spend.
    That's rough because those prices seem to be holding right now but a few years down the road they might not be that tragic. I don't see too many modern toys holding their value.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Supply and demand. That is one reason that buying into this year's sub was a sound decision for collectors of the line. Anything unwanted could easily be unloaded and folks would still be WAY ahead financially compared to trying to buy the wanted items on the secondary market. Hopefullly everyone will sub in 2014 that loves MOTUC's!!!!!!!
    Last edited by yodafreakmaster; February 25, 2013 at 09:19pm.

Would have bought 2 subs this year if I had known. Just realized I did not get Granamyr. I thought I had all insub??

Court Magician
    That $300+ on Shadow Weaver is actually a lot of 3 Weavers.

Quote Originally Posted by slgcmg View Post
    Would have bought 2 subs this year if I had known. Just realized I did not get Granamyr. I thought I had all insub??
    Not every figure is in sub, Granamyr was an out of sub figure....in 2011 BP She-Ra was a non sub figure as well....same with Wind Raider.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by slgcmg View Post
    Sorry Slg, but the sub has never been 100% all inclusive. Currently, weapons paks, vehicles and large items like Granamyr and Castle Grayskull are not included. If it was truly all in, Mattel wouldn't be able to hit you up with double shipping charges for the extra items!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Supply and demand. That is one reason that buying into this year's sub was a sound decision for collectors of the line. Anything unwanted could easily be unloaded and folks would still be WAY ahead financially compared to trying to buy the wanted items on the secondary market. Hopefullly everyone will sub in 2014 that loves MOTUC's!!!!!!!
    That is EXACTLY right and its why I doubled my subs for 2013. It's gone so well so far I may even increase it beyond that for 2014.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!