Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 063 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 063 Discussion!

Episode 063 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

We are joined by the Four Horsemen's Eric Treadaway as we continue our SDCC recap.

MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
    (none)

MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
    Thunder Punch He-Man
    Battle Ground Evil-Lyn
    Draego-Man

Intro/Outro info:
    (none)

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Georg Schwitters also know as THE_RAW on the forums. George is a freelance fine art and commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.myspace.com/georgschwitters

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 19 minutes, 08 seconds

Direct link for Episode 063

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, bring it on!

I'm listening now! Wheeee!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    Done! I agree with Eamon on this He-Man hair thing. I got several figures, I have to cut some of the forehead off to let the hair falling deeper into the face...

It annoys me everytime!!!

Great episode!!

And awesome Duke Nukem impersonation!
    Or was that some sort of software?
    Last edited by oICEMANo; December 21, 2011 at 07:19am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Yes !!! I'm downloading right now

Will there also be a Christmas episode this year, Val ?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Awesome! Thank you very much! Now X-Mas can come

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Yes !!! I'm downloading right now

Will there also be a Christmas episode this year, Val ?
    nah, no holiday themed episode this year.
    We have a holiday message and I'll use holiday music for the episodes posted closer to Christmas. But that's about it.

We're thinking about doing a New Year's Resolution show instead.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    nah, no holiday themed episode this year.
    We have a holiday message and I'll use holiday music for the episodes posted closer to Christmas. But that's about it.

We're thinking about doing a New Year's Resolution show instead.
    I'm hoping that "resolution" will be to have the shows posted closer to the recording dates

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I'm the one who called Emeliano Yanosh, just to take claim for that.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

One of the best Christmas presents ever, thanks Val.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    And awesome Duke Nukem impersonation!
    Or was that some sort of software?
    See Val! I told you your Duke Nukem was perfect!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Battle-repaint Evil-Lyn is still a disappointment to me but it was nice to get some clarification. Sounds like maybe it was a little less about cost and a little more about poor coordination of resources (we've got this cool new buck body coming out in a couple of months, why not hold back this lady for a quarter or two so she makes more sense) or maybe a little bit of poor communication (Scott telling/implying that a 200x Evil-Lyn wouldn't be a repaint when he apparently knew for a while that she would be judging by how long ago it was said this EL was made). Funny thing again with this is that when you look back, I'm a 200X hater but still got riled up at this figure. It just rubs me the wrong way (along with Cheapsnake MAA).

Another great, fun episode. So wonderful to have Eric participate again (he seemed to be VERY careful with his words. . .guess he knows how tough we can be and maybe Mattel too if he slips up )

Did you guys keep recording over the last four months while the releasing of Gooble was on hiatus (as Danielle and Dan have said a few times) or did you eventually but the dinner on hold until the posting gets caught up? I keep expecting to have days of listening all at once

excellent! perfect listening when im wrapping christmas presents after dinner tonight! ... ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I would still like an honest answer from Mattel about "What if the 30th Anniversary figures tank?" I know that it is a separate budget and all, but with the way the uppers sound towards MOTUC if that sub and those 6 figures sold horribly and they lost a bunch of money, it can't fare well for the line as a whole.

J

Eric said it would just mean the end of things like the 30th anniversary subline.

Like you, I also feel like a poor performing 30th anniversary line may have a negative impact on the line as a whole given how MOTUC is presented as something that is on a tight budget. But, until we see what happens, it's obviously all just speculation on our part.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Awesome!! Can't get enough of the gooble.

And I must agree, your Duke Nukem is perfect. I just recently beat Duke Nukem Forever over this summer so his voice and hilarious comments are still pretty fresh in my mind. Definitely hysterical and even moreso with the censors!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Out of curiosity, could you guys try to score a phone interview with John Erwin?
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

When it comes to Mr. Erwin, I continue to remain hopeful.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks gents and muh-dam

Songster's Understudy SUPERFANben's Avatar
    Great show! I can't wait for Drago-Man. Only one more episode until Songster!
    You getting a Songster figure will be my fault.

Somebody explain to Treadway that comparing Keldor to BG Evil Lyn is a flawed comparison. He was more of a straight repaint because he was not part of the sub. That was Mattel's stated reason for going cheap on Keldor. Of course he didn't get his swords and you did get an earful about that.

It was told to us that when the Quarterly variants were put in the sub that they were not going to be repaints like Keldor, Zodak, and Goddess.

There is no excuse for Battle Ground Evil Lyn. She fails in every way conceivable.

Except her weapons. The colors on them rock.

Also, while I love Draego Man, I would trade him in a minute for Dragoon. I've wanted him since I was a small child.

Dragoon > Draego Man. And I love Draego Man.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; December 22, 2011 at 06:25pm.

Has it been confirmed, or can someone ask TG or Eric next time if Draego-Man will have correct shoulders? I believe he uses the King Hiss shoulders and arms and am pretty sure we've been told that's the way we're getting them (backwards)

J

It's been confirmed they're corrected.

I'm wondering if the hair color for TP He-Man is different from the TRU He-Man. That's my favorite He-Man head.

It is odd they couldn't veto or skip Evil Lyn since there wasn't a 2.0 female body at the time. I don't want to end up owning two more Evil Lyn variants. After the 200x one, I'm done with her. Filmation one will be redundant at this point. Unless they do a slot outside of the sub for straight repaints like a mini comic red Beastman.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Has it been confirmed, or can someone ask TG or Eric next time if Draego-Man will have correct shoulders? I believe he uses the King Hiss shoulders and arms and am pretty sure we've been told that's the way we're getting them (backwards)

J
    He already confirmed that they will be correct.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!