Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 063 Discussion!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It is odd they couldn't veto or skip Evil Lyn since there wasn't a 2.0 female body at the time.
    I know...couldn't they have repainted BGEL to Filmation colors or bust out a Green Trap Jaw?

I don't want to end up owning two more Evil Lyn variants. After the 200x one, I'm done with her. Filmation one will be redundant at this point. Unless they do a slot outside of the sub for straight repaints like a mini comic red Beastman.
    Well, at least Scott, Terry, Eric and the others are publicly willing to give 200X Evil-Lyn another go in the future (like King Hsss' Earl Norem snakes) as they have mentioned before (some non-believers needed to hear it mentioned again) and they all know what we are talking about. Just like I've always famously said "I don't have to have it immediately, just so I know that it's coming or on the table to be made". I can wait.

Mattel, please think about my Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn idea. It could be the She-Ra 2.0 for Battleground Evil-Lyn!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Sweet episode.

While never been too big on variants of main characters, I' do think Thunder Punch He-Man is cool and will be getting him.

Also hope that He-Man's hair would "sit" much lower on his head..

Listened to this at the gym last night.
    Glad to get the third part but didn't realize there were four parts, now I can't wait to listen to that part.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    I laughed my ass off, hearing the Nukem stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    nah, no holiday themed episode this year.
    We have a holiday message and I'll use holiday music for the episodes posted closer to Christmas. But that's about it.

We're thinking about doing a New Year's Resolution show instead.
    looking forward to it !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I laughed my ass off, hearing the Nukem stuff!
    Thanks!
    It's always fun doing my Poor Man's Duke Nukem impression.

Thanks!
    it's actually awesome! ... ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Thanks!
    First want to say, I really thought that was a type and speak program, so aces on the Duke voice.

second, had no idea there was an itunes app! Now I do and now I have it!

3rd, as always a great show, cant wait to listen to 64 tonight on the way home!

Keep it up guys, the podcast reminds me that even if I get into it with a few members here and there, the .org is my he-man home!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Getting caught up on some Gooble listening in the kitchen this morning.

Great listen as usual, I think ET should be a permanent guest star!

Gotta say though, while I appreciate the optimistic angle offered about the declining subscriptions and fears of the 30th figures' performance, I thought some of you guys could've touched on some of the "why" behind that. I guess it just felt a little too diplomatic on that particular topic when lately it seems like you guys call things as they are a little more freely.

And yes, not to take anything away from Draego-Man (I love him, he'll definitely be one of my favorite MOTUCs period) but regardless of how it's being compartmentalized by Mattel for logistics, just playing devil's advocate those same funds being used for the "special program" that is the 30th figures could've absolutely been raised as a "special program" to get Ram Man out before the line goes away. There's just no two ways around it.

Also, I agree with Val that the "saving key characters to maintain line interest" thing is misguided to a point. I don't know what the real fail-safe solution is, but personally I would start investing in redux versions of some of the main characters as the way to keep interest going.

Not "Smash Blade" variants, mind you, but like a He-Man with new wrist articulation, all newly-sculpted accessories, and a new face sculpt. Beast Man with a different head sculpt and maybe a newly tooled larger upper furry torso to give him more mass (the 1st one is puny!). Teela with the 2.0 body elements and a new sculpted-on snake headdress head. And so on!

I mean just look at the Alcala Skeletor head and all the positive clamor for it.
    That could've been the feature of a successful, standalone new Skeletor figure!

Bottom line is there are MANY ways to do variants, and I think if you do it smart, and continue to improve on the previous version, it could be a key to keep people onboard and give new collectors a great jumping-on point. As cool as Draego-Man and Horde Prime are, and as cool as Ram Man and Spikor will be, I really believe it's not enough to keep the line going on its own.

The next question might be: would I prioritize new, improved iconic versions of characters over Dragon Blast, Laser Sword, and so on? I would, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Gotta say though, while I appreciate the optimistic angle offered about the declining subscriptions and fears of the 30th figures' performance, I thought some of you guys could've touched on some of the "why" behind that.
    That's the perfect thing for you to call in about on a voicemail.

The Duke Nukem impressions were spot-on...and hilarious.

At the end, Eamon was wondering how to chant Draego-Man's name for a vintage commercial voiceover; well, it could be done in the same way that they did Modulok's.

"Mod-U-Lok!"
    "Drae-Go-Man!"