Thread: Vintage POP Custom

Vintage POP Custom

This is my first POP re-root. I used a She-Ra head and a Glimmer body to repaint that had been sort of chewed up by someone's dog or kid. :-) It was fun - made some mistakes, but I learned a lot. Please pardon the date stamp - can't figure out how to get that set properly up on my camera yet.

I'm mulling over backstory for this character. Perhaps Glimmer maybe had a half-sister, Glower, who really wants to be Queen of Brightmoon. Instead of Glimmer's power of light, she has the power of shadow, and she has a staff with tentacles of of living shadow that she uses to tangle up the heroic characters.

Haven't entirely decided yet, but I feel like POP always needed more bad girls.

Glower.jpg

Hey, she looks cool! Great idea for white hair.
    Finally to see some vinatge POP custom after long time.

Last night I was thinking how to make Light Hope.

Thanks, Mantisaur!

Would love to see White Hope in figure form! I can't even begin to imagine how that would work, but it would be really cool to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    Thanks, Mantisaur!

Would love to see White Hope in figure form! I can't even begin to imagine how that would work, but it would be really cool to see!
    I couldn't think of anything useful...I have some transparent artificial (plastic) crystals which I thought that might be used as a base for some light effect... but how, with what light, where to put the led diode, how to reflect it into the crystals???... and then I decided that there are some better things to do..

Snappy Threader
    Very nice. Good to see some vintage type goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    I couldn't think of anything useful...I have some transparent artificial (plastic) crystals which I thought that might be used as a base for some light effect... but how, with what light, where to put the led diode, how to reflect it into the crystals???... and then I decided that there are some better things to do..
    That's a really neat idea. Hope you gain interest in it again and post the project!

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Very nice. Good to see some vintage type goodness.
    Thanks, iron_pride! I have some ideas for other bad gals that I want to experiment with. Now that I finally have my desk cleared off, maybe I'll have room to put them together!