Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some custom weapons WIPs

I love Skeletor's sword. Excellent work as usual.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Love the Skelator sword, think I will have to get one of those, Hey have you ever thought about doing Zodaks Mace,
    Attachment 72747

or
    Randors Throwing mace
    Attachment 72748

Are you still selling Man e Faces Mace?

Ooo, interesting choices....

EvilMike, these are beautiful! Any plans for Strato's staff?
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Love the curve of the He-Man shield. Maybe decrease the size of the "rivets" by 20% or so?

The new Alcala sword looks perfect. Love the handle rib details. (Maybe you could re-do the He-Man axe to add these since Mattel omitted them.)

You might think about rotating the Skeletor shield so that the cross bones look like an "X" when it is clipped on the figure's arm.

As for the Randor shield, what if you added the "Randor symbol" to the new curved He-man shield disc? I think that might make the symbol be more distinctive as it emerges from the center.

You might also think about offering weapon "groups" as it seems more economical from a materials standpoint. I'm seeing entire "snap together" robot kits on Shapeways for prices comparable to a single sword and it seemed to save some cost when you combined the Alcala sword halves.

Thanks for making these!
    Thanks, man! You have some good points there! I have already rotaded the shield and I will think about your other suggestions as well

Quote Originally Posted by SGT.ROCK
    Great stuff evilmike. I got my first group of your swords from shapeways, and they look incredible even unpainted. I'm looking forward to these new ones, especially the bone handled sword! If your considering other suggestions......I have wanted a shield with a couple of arrows sticking out of it for ever. Any chance you could make a shield with a few little slots on the front for arrow tips to insert into (along with a few arrows and possibly a quiver too)?
    Keep up the great work!
    That is an interesting idea for a shield. At the moment I am more looking into items that are directly from MotU but I will make a note on my list

Quote Originally Posted by facet
    Love the Skelator sword, think I will have to get one of those, Hey have you ever thought about doing Zodaks Mace,
    or
    Randors Throwing mace
    You have some cool ideas there . Mattel would say: Nothing planned right now but everything is possible ;p

Quote Originally Posted by jon-O
    EvilMike, these are beautiful! Any plans for Strato's staff?
    The mini comic staff or the Filmation staff? I am already working on the Filmation one but shapeways keeps having problems with the model. Perhaps I will have to make the staff in two parts so you can snap it together. I'll update you on that

Quote Originally Posted by evilmike View Post
    The mini comic staff or the Filmation staff? I am already working on the Filmation one but shapeways keeps having problems with the model. Perhaps I will have to make the staff in two parts so you can snap it together. I'll update you on that
    *gasp* That's right... there were two... I was thinking Filmation. Sorry to hear there are issues there, but I look forward to getting it when things work out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Oh sorry, completely forgot to answer that. Yes, you can still order the MEF mace in my shapeways shop

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Any thought of doing Skeletor's throne from Filmation? Also, you should drop He-Bro a message and see if he'd want to colloberate with you on things. I think you two together would be unstoppable!
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

I just had a Crazy idea... A Sword of Protection similar in style to the Alcala Power Sword... Not sure how popular that would be though...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I just had a Crazy idea... A Sword of Protection similar in style to the Alcala Power Sword... Not sure how popular that would be though...
    Uhm... I secretly wanted one but just didn't say anything.

I would SO buy one!!!

Actually, I'd probably buy more than one. One silver, another gold...

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Any thought of doing Skeletor's throne from Filmation? Also, you should drop He-Bro a message and see if he'd want to colloberate with you on things. I think you two together would be unstoppable!
    Well...that would be an interesting project! Perhaps I'll try one day. Although I think it will be terrebly expensiv to order on Shapeways :/

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M
    So...you had something like this in your mind?

Youst added it to the shop - single and as a two-pack with the male sword

well...that would be an interesting project! Perhaps i'll try one day. Although i think it will be terrebly expensiv to order on shapeways :/

so...you had something like this in your mind?

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/x...nvertlarge.jpg

youst added it to the shop - single and as a two-pack with the male sword
    yahoooza!!!!!!

Well...that would be an interesting project! Perhaps I'll try one day. Although I think it will be terrebly expensiv to order on Shapeways :/
    Collect and connect! Or find somebody that can make a mold and cast it.

Throwing some feedback on the new stuff above.

I agree with the crossbones in an X shape.

And I also agree with raising the cross on Randor's shield. I was going to try to cast the staff and glue the cross to an extra He-Man shield. Then I was going to do it on a weapons rack shield to match the palace guards. Sadly the casting went terrible and I never completed it.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

ZOMG, I always wanted that He-Man shield.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Love the new stuff you are working on! I'll have to order the He-Man/She-Ra Alcala sword combo next time I place an order. Your stuff is addictive!

WOW!!!! I just noticed the Alcala She-Ra sword on here!!!! That looks incredible in the set. I think i may have to make these my default swords from now on. It looks like you made the handle smaller in circumference for the female hands.

Why is there 2 royal guard swords in the shop now?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    One fits the male hand better.

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    WOW!!!! I just noticed the Alcala She-Ra sword on here!!!! That looks incredible in the set. I think i may have to make these my default swords from now on. It looks like you made the handle smaller in circumference for the female hands.

Yes, I scaled down the She-Ra version of the Alcala Sword a little bit, made it a tiny bit more slender and adjusted the handle. I think otherwise it would look to huge in She-Ra's hands

The new "Sword of the Royal Guard ♂" has a bigger handle to fit in the hands of male MotUC. I have written that in the description of the item ... well, I think I should change the name of the sword to make it more understandable.

Hmmm...how about a 3 3/4 scale She-Ra sword? You can just scale down the model you have, right?

For the vintage PoP figures? I could do that tell me which sword and tell me the size you want it in

Ok cool!!! I didn't see the male symbol load on my phone but it did on my laptop. Great thinking.

Having the swords like that make them look more like magically cloned pieces than the ones that came with the Mattel figs. I'll probably be placing and order for a set of those later this week. I am working on a King Grayskull statue custom so that male sword will be awesome for it. I really want to replace all my swords for He-Man and Skelly with that Alcala one seeing pics in the other threads. May try to order one of the guard swords too but I may have to wait on it.

Really digging your stuff especially the Skeletor sword.

Here's is some stuff I am working on at the moment. Just wanted to show it to you:

Skeletor's Sword from the Filmation Cartoon:

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/x...nvertlarge.jpg
    Any word on this Skeletor Filmation Crossbones Sword progress??

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Any word on this Skeletor Filmation Crossbones Sword progress??
    I have ordered the sword myself last week. It should arrive the first days of march. If everything will be okay with the sword I will put it together with the other new items in my shop in the following days

I bought Skeletor's Filmation Axe from the store. Can't wait to get it. Shapeways is taking forever!

Uh... HOW CAN I GET THESE!!!??
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!