Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 064 Discussion!

I have no connection with the Power Tour what so ever but I did really enjoy this episode. Doug seems like a really sound guy and his music you used on the intro was pretty good as well.
    Still don't want a Songster figure though
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Songster's Understudy SUPERFANben's Avatar
    Thank you for the shout out Danielle! I have to change my name to "Super Fan Ben" after this episode. Doug sent me four signed album covers for "tracking him down" and leading to his meeting with Toyguru through Pixel Dan. I'll scan them and make a thread on here. Damn this interview was amazing. BTW Doug sang me and my wife the X-Rated version of the Adam and Adora song when we talked on the phone back in August.
    You getting a Songster figure will be my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm so sad that many of you didn't see it.

It trumps the '87 movie.
    it's a shame it didn't make it to the u.k. so we could see it, but the '87 movie will always be my favourite MOTU depiction of all time ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Ah, so it WAS you! I mentioned during the show that I thought it was you but wasn't entirely sure. The memory starts to go when you get to be my age.
    Cool! I guess someone saw my post.

I actually just found my post again and had a good laugh, because I didn't know which Doug Howard was him at first. I was right, it was last year (July 18, 2010). That makes me happy because my memory has also been starting to go with age. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Doug Howard (III) has only done film editing and was a script supervisor in the one film.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1899310/

Doug Howard (I) was only a special thanks:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1362051/

Doug Howard (IV) is the only one who's an actor. I'm watching the show he was in right now to see if it's him or not.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3042012/

EDIT: I have NO idea if he's in the show or not. lol I watched both episodes and never ONCE heard the name "Michael Ferguson," or any short forms of it. There is a boy in the show that *might* be him though. Hard to tell and I don't think they ever said his name.

EDIT part 2: I FOUND HIM!!!

He probably isn't any of the IMDB people. He's a musician (duh to me!). He was part of a few bands, the newest being Reservoir Road and he has an album out this year!

Yay me for finding him and his official website!:

http://doug-howard.com/Bio.htm

You can listen to some of his music in the media section:

http://doug-howard.com/Media.htm

His band:
    http://www.reservoirroadband.com/Bios.htm

He's also Chief Operating Partner of Lodestar Entertainment, llc:

http://www.lodestar-entertainment.com/WhoWeAre.html

Him today:
    http://www.reservoirroadband.com/dougbio.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Not sure if I heard right, but I think Super-Fan Ben also came upon the information as well as met Songster, providing info to Chris Vint and some other podcasting-parties.

Nevertheless. Awesome to have him interviewed in more than one MOTU/POP-related podcast!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BennieBrewer View Post
    Thank you for the shout out Danielle! I have to change my name to "Super Fan Ben" after this episode. lol Doug sent me four signed album covers for "tracking him down" and leading to his meeting with Toyguru through Pixel Dan. I'll scan them and make a thread on here. Damn this interview was amazing. BTW Doug sang me and my wife the X-Rated version of the Adam and Adora song when we talked on the phone back in August.
    That's so awesome! I didn't know you also tracked him down. You also tracked down Nathan Bitner, right? I really hope it leads to a Songster figure release. I really want a figure of Songster.

I also bought the Power Tour Program and scanned it! It was a pain because it was too big for the scanner, so I had to scan each page a few times and combine the images. I really need to get those posted to the .org Publishing section.

I'm curious, but also scared about this "X-Rated" song. I have to find time to listen to this episode! I've been too busy doing Christmas-related stuff.

Anyway, this thread needs pictures! I uploaded the two pages with Songster (and the front of the book) to my flickr account! I have never seen the other page with Songster posted on the web before!

I promise I'll get this all uploaded to the .org, just not today. lol (My scans are a LOT bigger than what flickr allows).

Last edited by Darkspecter; December 23, 2011 at 02:33pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Really enjoyed hearing from Doug Howard and totally looking forward to a Songster figure in the Classics line!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    ally want a figure of Songster.

I also bought the Power Tour Program and scanned it! It was a pain because it was too big for the scanner, so I had to scan each page a few times and combine the images. I really need to get those posted to the .org Publishing section.

I will vouch for Darkspecter's scans of the Power Tour Program. Best quality out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I will vouch for Darkspecter's scans of the Power Tour Program. Best quality out there!
    Thank you, Jukka.

Songster is also in the final issue of the MOTU Star Comics on page 20. It's one of his ballads! bcrduke mentioned this before. I don't think Songster appears anywhere else besides the Power Tour and this issue of the comic, though.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

After listening to this podcast I had to check out the YouTube videos of the power tour. After watching the videos last night the welcome to my universe, masters of the universe song has been stuck in my head and it's driving me insane. All day at work I kept hearing it in my head over and over again. Please make it stop. Thanks a lot Roast Gooble Dinner.

We aim to please.

Darkspecter = that Doug lost his two tapes of the Power Tour. I REALLY hope someone can find one of the copies still floating around out there. I want to watch the full Power Tour so badly! I think Gary Goddard has a copy...

- AHHH! OMG, Penny did mention me on the podcast! I've made news more this month than I have my entire posting history here.

- @ Doug saying "Truly, truly outrageous!"

- Holy cow! I can't believe some kid tried to kill Skeletor! Too funny!

- Man-At-Arms (Zack) is Canadian, by the way. Just throwing that info out there.

- Can you imagine when the heads fell off? My goodness, that would traumatize the kids! lol

- I wonder if a MOTUC Songster figure would come with a water gun? If Mattel can get their hands on a video of the Power Tour and release it on DVD with a Songster figure...it would be too perfect. I would be speechless. SPEECHLESS!

- Castle Grayskull caught on fire?! My goodness! I wonder if this is where they got the idea for the end of the Star Comics? lol

- Man, Songster at Power-Con would be SO COOL!

Doug gave me the lead on getting a copy of the show. The guy that has the full copy of the Power Tour on video is Gus Park. I've tried to get him to sell me a copy and he won't.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Doug gave me the lead on getting a copy of the show. The guy that has the full copy of the Power Tour on video is Gus Park. I've tried to get him to sell me a copy and he won't.
    And he doesn't want to copy the tape and sell that to you?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Easily one of my top 10 favorites now.

Great interview/episode! I'm now much more interested in a Songster figure BUT I still feel like a recording of the show needs to be released (or posted) before the figure is truly viable. Show me the full show and I'm sure I'd want a figure but right now I'm only cautiously open to the idea while still being a hater thinking, "we've barely cracked the surface of POP and NA and they might be using up a spot for this guy that I'm not even allowed to know much about?"

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    That was a good interview as well as the one on MOTU chronicles. I too would like a Songster figure. Also I've never heard of the power tour until sometime within the past year or two. It's too bad we'll probably never get a good quality release of this on DVD

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar

power tour rocked Radio city !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I have no connection whatsoever to the Power Tour as I never seen it as a kid. I did know about it though. Probably from commercials or magazines or something like that. Doug Howard seems like such a cool guy from both his interviews I heard so far that I kinda want a Songster figure in Classics even though I was somewhat "meh" to the idea at first.

Oh and I think I saw a Power Tour penant or something on ebay once before on my regular "Masters Universe" searches for random oddball vintage items. They are pretty rare though as that's like the only thing I've ever really seen and I've been regularly searching for MOTU stuff on ebay since like 2000-2001.

I also remember reading X-Entertainment's Power Tour article many years back and thought it was awesome. He's got lots of cool pics on there, especially Blast Attak! What a cool costume! And the Man-At-Arms pic on there looks straight off vintage artwork and one of my MOTU t-shirts. http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0760/

Awesome as always. Keep the Gooble coming! Love it.
    Just saying I was there man Team Songster 4 life

If he has it tell him he would make a kid who was there very happy ...granted that kid is 34 now LOL

Ben I'll go in on it for you and make a DVD of it .crap I'll remaster the dang thing
    Last edited by AlternativeMindz; December 28, 2011 at 12:17am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

This was a great interview, guys. "Songster" himself seemed very down to earth and fun. Keep up the good work!

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeMindz View Post
    Just saying I was there man Team Songster 4 life

If he has it tell him he would make a kid who was there very happy ...granted that kid is 34 now LOL

Ben I'll go in on it for you and make a DVD of it .crap I'll remaster the dang thing
    I tried Rob. Gus said he won't sell me a copy. He worked on the Tour and has the same copy that is shown in clips on youtube. He is Facebook friends with Doug now. I hoping he'll give a copy to Doug then Doug can can give a copy to Team Songster.

Here are the signed album covers Doug sent me.

Last edited by SUPERFANben; January 1, 2012 at 09:47pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I just discovered that the bass player Doug Howard of Touch, one of my favorite bands from the '80s, is the same Doug Howard who played Songster in the Power Tour....
    Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERFANben View Post
    Here are the signed album covers Doug sent me.
    How much did you paid for the autographed Touch cd???
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; November 23, 2012 at 05:09pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess