View Poll Results: Which NA Power Sword do you prefer?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toy & Comic Version

105 84.00%
  • Cartoon Version

20 16.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC NA Polls - The Sword of Power

MOTUC NA Polls - The Sword of Power

While I'm sure we'll get both eventually, what I think will probably happen is we'll get the toy version with the figure and the cartoon version with a weapons pak (though ideally we'd get both with the toy), but which version of the NA Power Sword would you prefer to display your MOTUC NA He-Man figure with:

The vintage toy and comic version:

or

The Jetlag cartoon version:

If you haven't already vote in my other MOTUC NA polls:
    Kayo/Tatarus
    Spinwit/Tornado
    Nocturna
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

What about this NA Power Sword?

10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

I have a thing for transluscent coloured plastic. Plus the sword is a hideous design, at least with clear plastic I can pretend it's a "light sabre" type of sword, instead of the ugliest hilt and pommel in sworddom.

Heroic Warrior
    I went with the toy and comic version, but I wouldn't mind seeing that version from the German comic that Fabulous posted.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I vote for the German version. Although the other 2 versions will be nice as bonus accessories that will remain in the box, but it's nice knowing that we have 'em!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    We already got that sword with the DC 2-packs.
    Plus at the end of the comic that page is from the Power Sword gets transformed in to the vintage toy/comic NA Power Sword.

The full story in English is available here:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=1410
    and IMO its the best NA intro story, better then the cartoon or min-comic version and it also links the Classic and NA together better then the cartoon or min-comic.
    Last edited by 13977; December 22, 2011 at 05:46pm.

Wanted:

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I'd prefer the toy/comic version.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I want mine German.. and with Sauerkraut.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    We already got that sword with the DC 2-packs.
    Plus at the end of the comic that page is from the Power Sword gets transformed in to the vintage toy/comic NA Power Sword.

and IMO its the best NA intro story, better then the cartoon or min-comic version and it also links the Classic and NA together better then the cartoon or min-comic.
    I wouldn't quite say we got that sword, the 2-pack was a translucent yellow Power Sword. Imagine that fantastic gold finish on it like that of the German comic. I'm sure we'd be seeing different results if the gold powersword from the German comic was an option.
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    how about both???

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    I wouldn't quite say we got that sword, the 2-pack was a translucent yellow Power Sword. Imagine that fantastic gold finish on it like that of the German comic. I'm sure we'd be seeing different results if the gold powersword from the German comic was an option.
    Hey you never know, we might get it in a weapons pak, it would only be a repaint after all.
    You should suggest it to Toy Guru in a WTFWTK.

Wanted:

Heroic Warrior
    I'm amazed at how many versions of that story there are... and how they all kind of suck.

Personally, I think the mini's are probably the best (at least pt 1... I don't remember the rest.)

I like the art and story of the uk one there.. .but I just can't support something that has regular skeletor go to Cyborg skeletor inbetween pages and nobody makes a comment.... and... y'know... Adam reveal himself as He-man and Skeletor not even have any reaction at all...

However, at LEAST it acknowledges the different swords and He-man costume... No EXPLAINATION is given... but at least they acknowledge it. Mini comic didn't even do that...

Personally... I don't really like ANY of those swords... But what I think they should do, is some combine it with the 200x techno sword. NA can be like Techno sword 2.0 for when he either loses the power sword or can't access it's powers or something...

I don't see anyway (magic crystal included) that allows the regular sword to morph into laser sword and be the same weapon... and NOT suck..

Heroic Warrior
    The only thing I DON'T want is a BREAKABLE transparent plastic sword... I sure hope Mattel will pay attention to this "detail".

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    The only thing I DON'T want is a BREAKABLE transparent plastic sword... I sure hope Mattel will pay attention to this "detail".
    and that is reason #2 why I went with the Cartoon version...
    The other one is that I don't like the translucent handle with gold hand guard.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm amazed at how many versions of that story there are... and how they all kind of suck.

Personally, I think the mini's are probably the best (at least pt 1... I don't remember the rest.)

I like the art and story of the uk one there.. .but I just can't support something that has regular skeletor go to Cyborg skeletor inbetween pages and nobody makes a comment.... and... y'know... Adam reveal himself as He-man and Skeletor not even have any reaction at all...

However, at LEAST it acknowledges the different swords and He-man costume... No EXPLAINATION is given... but at least they acknowledge it. Mini comic didn't even do that...

Personally... I don't really like ANY of those swords... But what I think they should do, is some combine it with the 200x techno sword. NA can be like Techno sword 2.0 for when he either loses the power sword or can't access it's powers or something...

I don't see anyway (magic crystal included) that allows the regular sword to morph into laser sword and be the same weapon... and NOT suck..
    It seems to me if you take the best bits form each of the three NA origin stories (cartoon, mini-comic, UK/German Comics) you can come up with an ultimate version. Wish they had taken this route with Classics but we'll see how their story pans out.

The handle even broke off my vintage one when I was a kid.

Wanted:

I'd like both included. But if I had to choose, the toy/comic one.
    Who has the Power?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The handle even broke off my vintage one when I was a kid.
    Me too. Twice. I hope MOTUC keeps the translucency to the blade itself and not the handle or hilt.

I like the translucent sword better. The cartoon sword was so..typical.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I have to go with the toy/comic version. I have so much nostalgia from playing with that He-Man figure not too mention the number of times I broke that thing I also recall writing in the NA version of the sword into the MOTUC series. The one below isn't the same one but it follows the same idea.

Having watched his uncle fly off to destroy Horde Prime, He-Man was greeted by the Mighty Spector who had brought Hydron and Darius from the future. He-Man, knowing full well the Power Sword was so connected to Eternia, gave up the sword. The Sorceress working with the power of Eternia, the science of Primus and the magic of Grayskull, created a new sword for He-Man channelling not just the power of Grayskull, but the power of the good and the way of the magic that flowed through the planet Eternia. With his new Power Sword, shield, armor and clothes more fitting for space, He-Man left the planet with his sister She-Ra to battle Skeletor in the stars.
    Last edited by Swift Wind; December 23, 2011 at 10:26pm.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Heroic Warrior
    I want all swords from NA in their toy form, like in the old days.

The 2-pack Skeletor sword is clearly yellow, I think, the NA sword should be a mix of yellow and green. I also want the vintage Power sword in those neon translucent color.

Plus he has to get the shield, so the toy sword would fit.

OMG toy version! Oh so much! Thats one of my all time favorite toy accessories. Friggin' loved that thing, and I still do. It was one of the only figures where I lost the sword and actually - somehow - managed to convince my mom to get me another just because I was missing the sword. Must have been real important to me or I was real convincing, 'cause that kinda argument would never have gotten me a new toy normally!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Me too. Twice. I hope MOTUC keeps the translucency to the blade itself and not the handle or hilt.
    Yeah I'd go with that, make the handle gold like the rest of the hilt

Wanted:

Vintage toy, though a toon repaint in a Weapons Pak would be cool.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Neither....

YAY!!! I've been looking for that panel. I knew I wasn't crazy.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I'd like the toy version. A bit of yellow and clear would be cool.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!