Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NA fans patience...

NA fans patience...

I'm actually surprised that there's quite a bit of NA following here

So, let's fast forward to the end of 2012 and about 4 years have passed since we've been promised an all encompassing line (which will include the NA figures). We've got Optikk and Flipshot/Icarius and we've been shown Slushhead to make it 3 figures for 3 years (and a bit). How many NA figures would you want on your shelves (realistically, assuming one figure a month, and that Mattel has to satisfy the other factions), and who will these be? How upset will you be if you don't get these figures by 2013? Also, will you get a subscription for 2013 if Toyguru makes some noise about how 2013 will be NA's year or something to that effect?

*wonders how many responses this thread will have and whether I'll get a PM from Val telling me to stop posting about NA*
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'm not jonesing for more NA figures. One or two NA per year is enough, in my opinion.

Yes, there are some NA characters that will probably be great as MOTUC figures, and we'll get to them in time.

But I don't want all NA characters (Vizar and Artilla being the worst NA characters - my tastes)...

There are still too many awesome vintage MOTU, POP, Filmation, 200x, Power of Grayskull and prototypes to be released, and most of them (not all, but MOST of them) are cooler than the NA characters in my book.

So for 2012, if we get Slushhead and one more NA character, I think it'll be enough. I won't cry if Slushhead is the only NA character released in 2012, though.

I think NA should have at LEAST 2 Spots a year and maybe a 2-pack/Large scale beast spot. NA-Heman and Skeletor should come in a two pack to speed things up a bit!
    Also having Flipshot without Hydron kinda echoes the PoP issue of Bow and no Glimmer, which is wrong for both eras to have half of the main duo. And what's with the severe lack of Flogg? He's the only Faction Leader that has NOT shown up! MAtty should fix that ASAP!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I think it really should be 2 slots a year. One hero and one villain are not to much to ask for (plus NA He-man or Skeletor as quarterly figures). I know that we can not really expect more than 2 figures a year (although I would gladly take them^^) but only one figure is clearly not enough!

And I really, really, REALLY want NA He-man & Skeletor!!!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I think we should get one galactic guardian and one space mutant a year.

3 NA characters in 5 years time is clearly not enough....

Hope we'll get to see Mara, Sebrian, Hydron, Darius and Flogg (just to name a few characters) before the line ends....

I've said it before, but I'd take a year if NA and nothing else. That could be said for any "division" of the brand though: PoP, minicomics, Filmation characters (but not FM versions of characters we already have-bleh), MYP, MVC, Golden Books...shoot, I'd be okay with a year of great variants (I'm a variant fan though.)

The order doesn't bug me. I just want it all.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I've said it before, but I'd take a year if NA and nothing else.
    I'm totally fine with cramming all NA stuff into one year !!! As is my wallet
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I'd like it not to slip below 2 figures a year, but by no means should it not be allowed to rise above that number just on principle. If one year we got Spinwit and Karatti and they also threw in Darius, I'd be happy for that third inclusion because I like the look of him more (well, I assume I'll like the MOTUC version more too though).

I think two per year for NA is enough. There aren't as many high-profile characters to get through.

Flogg's the only one worthy of being a sub-seller now. Hydron and Lizzor seem popular (along with Mara and maybe Crita), but none of them have great enough mainstream appeal.

I'm looking forward to seeing the other factions grow in MOTUC - the line can't go on being 'vintage MOTU' forever!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I've just started watching this finally. It's so drastically different from every other iteration of MOTU that it took some warming too.

I'm all for it's inclusion though, I think MOTUC has created a really nice vehicle for all the MOTU bits out there to finally seem like one thing, and I hope they keep all of this in mind when moving forward with whatever they do with the franchise in the future.

That being said, if we didn't at least get Flogg, Hydron and Master Sebrian I'd feel like we missed the biggies. There are others I'd like, but these are key for me.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm an NA fan.

While most fans hated NA on sight, I was thrilled that He-Man had returned in some fashion. That being said, I think NA should get 3 figures a year minimum. 2 a year is not enough. If we followed that route, it will take a decade to be finished the NA lineup. This line will wind up becoming NA heavy, instead of more of a mix. You don't gain exposure for NA by hiding it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

As others have said, one Space Mutant and one Galactic Protector per year seems about right. I just hope that they get to Master Sebrian sooner rather than later.

Questions for the NA fans - do you guys think you're more patient than the PoP fans?
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I don't feel that if we only get two na figures this year then that is the precedence. I think in any given year we could get 5 na figures and the next get none. I think it all has to do with who shares parts with who, and who is popular. In 2012 sub sales are down so I think that may be the reason it has been so vintage front loaded to peak the interest in fans again.

Next year if they have enough sub sales to pay for "less popular" figures and more obscure figures we may see an increase on na figures that my need more tooling as they don't seem to share many parts from other figures.

That being said I realize they do still cleverly use existing parts but they still need a fair amount of tooling.

Since I trailed off of the initial question lol. I would say 3 a year would be great for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Someone mentioned the NA characters maybe getting a "beast" toy slot; the only one that would really fulfil this would be Sagitar, but there could be a way of doing someone like Grot or an Anadroid.

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Questions for the NA fans - do you guys think you're more patient than the PoP fans?
    As a huge POP fan i can say NA fans(which i am as well) just know their favorites are less demanded.

As a NA fan im happy my favorite characters are considered and with JETLAG rights even MARA, CRITA, MASTER SEBRIAN and DRISSI are finally coming. I waited almost 20 years for them and it took us 25 years or so to get SHADOW WEAVER, so i can honestly say i can wait a little longer.

I also think two NA spots a year are a fair deal maybe one Variant and one year a beast slot with SAGITAR(the sooner the better).

I think that's an illusion since Vintage, POP and 200X are asked for alot more and have "hyper-aggressive" fans who champion those eras. It makes NA fans look more patient and humble by comparison. Just as fans have been itching for Spikor, NA fans want Sagitar.

I also think that NA fans realize that they are the underdog here and are happy to get whatever scraps come their way. 200X and POP are much more liable to fight for inclusion; POP fans want POP to be an equal brand to MOTU and 200X fans want to see the good things from 200X survive onward in Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    NA fans want Sagitar.
    Oh, I want Sagitar as well, and I think so do Markatisu (or is that Hoove that he wants?)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I also think that NA fans realize that they are the underdog here and are happy to get whatever scraps come their way.
    Why should NA fans have this underdog mentality though? And why do they think it was justified for them to have this mentality? If your statement was "I also think that Africans/Jews/Homosexuals/whatever realise that they are the underdog here and are happy to get whatever scraps come their way." there would be a huge outcry of racist/anti-Semitic/sexist/chauvanist/whatever and the thread would get locked. Why is it OK for NA fans to be unequal when the MotUC franchise clearly promises that it is for all eras?
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Being a POP fan means having near-infinite patience which has been slowly running out. If I were this gung-ho about NA I would have been picking and choosing instead of subscribing all along. (I'll be subscribing regardless of what's announced.)

Realistically, I would like to see at least a Mutant and a Guardian per year; in fact I had laid out some detail in the "what's a fair lineup" thread about it:

1 Mutant
    1 Guardian
    1 rotating slot for POP/NA (one year POP, next is NA)
    2 Filmation/Jetlag
    1 other (concept, 200X Minicomic)

So in theory there could be a year where we get 5 or so NA figures using this criteria (example: Kayo, Staghorn, Darius, Crita, Hoove) not counting beasts/oversized.

Anyway, 2-3 a year would be fine with me.

<- This NA fan doesn't care for Sagitar.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I think getting two NA figures a year would be about spot on, especially if NA He-man or Skeletor filled a quarterly variant slot as one of those two.

NA fans are apparently very patient lol!

I say…mix it all in just like it's supposed to be. Even if it isn't "your taste", it certainly is someone else's! Bring on more NA figures!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Oh, I want Sagitar as well, and I think so do Markatisu (or is that Hoove that he wants?)

Why should NA fans have this underdog mentality though? And why do they think it was justified for them to have this mentality? If your statement was "I also think that Africans/Jews/Homosexuals/whatever realise that they are the underdog here and are happy to get whatever scraps come their way." there would be a huge outcry of racist/anti-Semitic/sexist/chauvanist/whatever and the thread would get locked. Why is it OK for NA fans to be unequal when the MotUC franchise clearly promises that it is for all eras?
    NA fans know that their era is the most hated in the fandom, so it's natural that their figures have the lowest chance of getting made, appearing in media, etc. I think the fans have accepted this, so that's why no one is really fighting too hard for them. There is no MegaGearMax or Darkspecter for NA. Should there be?

Nostalgia and or doing things better is another key. With POP and Vintage, you have the nostalgia from Filmation cartoons or the original toylines. 200X is seen as improving things that people already liked. However, NA is neither nostalgic (who started with NA as their intro to MOTU?) nor did it improve on anything. In fact, NA has the opposite effect--it's not nostalgic and it made things worse. A lot of fans remember their initial reactions to NA and still hold on to those feelings today. POP has a similar problem, but at least it has Filmation as a counter effect.

I would love for NA to get all of their characters out and then some! But doing so is an uphill battle. The stigma of the old toyline is still present no matter how well the 4H sculpt those figures.

I think there should be at least 2 NA characters per year as well. NA is the red headed stepchild of the whole MOTU saga but it deserves the same treatment as the other eras.

Despite peoples dislike for it, look at how nice the figs have came out. With the overload of vintage figs this year so far, are we gonna have a year where it's NA dominated???

And another thing I thing they should do is, put He-Man and Skelly variants in 2 packs and issue them seperate. And maybe mix up the release order!!! Right now they are coming in chronological order which means we maybe waiting 5-6 years for NA He-Man or something like Snake Armour or Ice Armour......
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Hell, I just hope we actually get TWO NA figures this year instead of one. We've only had THREE after 3 1/2 years.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    The 7 NA fans are very patient. They'll take what they can get.

Anyways, I've hated NA since the second I first laid eyes on it (both the toys and cartoon) but MOTUC has really helped me accept it a lot easier. They are like all new characters to me in MOTUC and they are actually pretty cool now that they fit in with everyone else. I'm really diggin Optikk and Icarius. Also REALLLLLY looking forward to Slushhead. He looks to be the coolest of the bunch!

Anyways, I don't want more than 1-2 NA figures per year. While they are cool in MOTUC, there is just soooooooo many more important vintage MOTU, POP, and Filmation that I REALLLLLY want.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!