Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NA fans patience...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    The 7 NA fans are very patient. They'll take what they can get.

Anyways, I've hated NA since the second I first laid eyes on it (both the toys and cartoon) but MOTUC has really helped me accept it a lot easier. They are like all new characters to me in MOTUC and they are actually pretty cool now that they fit in with everyone else. I'm really diggin Optikk and Icarius. Also REALLLLLY looking forward to Slushhead. He looks to be the coolest of the bunch!

Anyways, I don't want more than 1-2 NA figures per year. While they are cool in MOTUC, there is just soooooooo many more important vintage MOTU, POP, and Filmation that I REALLLLLY want.
    I agree 100%. However, again, I do actually want TWO this year.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    NA fans know that their era is the most hated in the fandom
    Again, the self depreciation of NA fans. I don't think that's fair to them.

The stigma of the old toyline is still present no matter how well the 4H sculpt those figures.
    PoP has that as well (in the sense that they were "girl's toys"), yet the PoP fans are probably one of the loudest in the fandom, asking for, if not equal share, then a more equitable share. I'm just surprised that NA fans are not also doing this. He-Man and She-Ra taught us that it doesn't matter if we are male or female, human or trollan or rock-people or widget. It does teach us that we are all equal and we all can have the power. So I'm very curious as to why NA fans are so meek (or patient). Do the NA fans not consider themselves part of the fandom as well? If they do, why aren't they speaking up for themselves more and making a bigger buzz for Flogg/Sagitar/Darius/Mara/whoever? I don't think there is anything wrong for all of the MotU fandoms, NA included, to ask for an equitable share of the figures being released each year.

Mike Bock is probably one of the most famous NA fan - he had Slushhead as his avatar and he stated that he would not change it until he got the figure. Likewise, Markatisu seems to have an NA avatar as well, and I think he's not going to change it until his figure gets made. Not everyone can be a NA Darkspecter or Tallstar, but that doesn't mean they can't speak up either. There is nothing wrong with speaking up, especially for a section of the fandom that always seems to be considered to be the red-headed step-child that no one wants to talk to. Remember that Toyguru stated that they'll monitor the online "buzz" to gauge the popularity of selected factions/figures. Perhaps it's time for NA fans to actually step-up and create more "buzz" for their slice of fandom.

In fact, NA has the opposite effect--it's not nostalgic and it made things worse.
    The same can be said about 200x as well there - it has no nostalgia and depending on who you ask (not you, MGM), it made things worse. Yet there's still buzz and talk from the 200x fans requesting for Evil-Lyn and Keldor's swords, etc. Why aren't NA fans doing the same? I don't think self-depreciation is the answer.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I am a huge NA fan, been that for more than 20 years. But frankly, I don't think that two regular NA figures in this line per year per say would do much good.

1 regular figure + 1 quarterly variant = ok
    1 regular figure + 1 exclusive = ok
    1 regular figure + 1 beast/whatever = ok
    But not 2 regular figures every year

Reason why is that simply, there's just so many slots per year, and between vintage toyline figure, She-Ra figures, 200X cartoon figures, minicomic figures, Filmation figures... I just don't see how NA could get two regular figure slots per year. I'd be happy if they would. But right now I already see debates about not enough of this or not enough of that - and in terms of what's good for the line in the long run, I just don't see enough support to justify two regular figure slots for NA characters when there's just 12 slots available each year.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; December 25, 2011 at 06:47am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I would be ok with two NA figures next year as long as one of those was NA He-man or Skeletor as a quarterly variant. One NA figure per year has been enough for me especially with the acquisition of the Filmation rights.
    Last edited by Zodach; December 23, 2011 at 12:54pm.

I'd love to see NA He-Man and Skeletor soon.
    my feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218428

selling off my entire motu classics collection, here's a link to one of my auctions..... check out my other items 43 auctions total.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/120886470944...84.m1555.l2649

As a former NA-H8er, I think that MOTUC has been excellent in helping to improve NA's reputation as a part of the mythology. I know how strong the resistance against NA can be, but at the same time, we can't let this under-appreciated branch of MOTU fade into oblivion. Sure it may not be AS popular as PoP, but it IS an important part of the mythos and it deserves more representation in MOTUC!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The mutants are where it is at, I most certainly want more of those soon. Hyrdon and Darius and couple of other heroes would be good too, but I am comfortable being patient with some of the rest of them.

Two Na figures a year could be a rational share maybe three as well...
    I've never been a Na fan but I changed mind as soon as I saw Optikk ....and realized that Na have a good potential to be made as great figure

I hate the NA figures, but I LOVE THE MOTUC ONES!

Sign me up for at least 2 a year and a variant

I love these images!

Last edited by Eterniandreams; December 23, 2011 at 04:34pm.

I'd say maybe NA fans are a little more patient. I would love to have Flogg, NA Skeletor, Tuskador and especially Sagitar on my shelf, but I'm willing to wait because there are plenty of other wonderful figures to come in the mean time.

On the other hand, I think POP fans feel more focused. I did a really (really) rough count and there are about the same number of NA figs and POP figs from the original toyline (plus a couple cartoon extras) left, but NA figs are split among Mutants and Guardians and Jetlag while the POP figures are almost all Rebellion figures so it feels like a much larger list.

In other words, about 8 mutants, 9 guardians vs. 16 members of The Rebellion. In total, about the same, but the POP seems longer.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Again, the self depreciation of NA fans. I don't think that's fair to them.

PoP has that as well (in the sense that they were "girl's toys"), yet the PoP fans are probably one of the loudest in the fandom, asking for, if not equal share, then a more equitable share. I'm just surprised that NA fans are not also doing this. He-Man and She-Ra taught us that it doesn't matter if we are male or female, human or trollan or rock-people or widget. It does teach us that we are all equal and we all can have the power. So I'm very curious as to why NA fans are so meek (or patient). Do the NA fans not consider themselves part of the fandom as well? If they do, why aren't they speaking up for themselves more and making a bigger buzz for Flogg/Sagitar/Darius/Mara/whoever? I don't think there is anything wrong for all of the MotU fandoms, NA included, to ask for an equitable share of the figures being released each year.

Mike Bock is probably one of the most famous NA fan - he had Slushhead as his avatar and he stated that he would not change it until he got the figure. Likewise, Markatisu seems to have an NA avatar as well, and I think he's not going to change it until his figure gets made. Not everyone can be a NA Darkspecter or Tallstar, but that doesn't mean they can't speak up either. There is nothing wrong with speaking up, especially for a section of the fandom that always seems to be considered to be the red-headed step-child that no one wants to talk to. Remember that Toyguru stated that they'll monitor the online "buzz" to gauge the popularity of selected factions/figures. Perhaps it's time for NA fans to actually step-up and create more "buzz" for their slice of fandom.

The same can be said about 200x as well there - it has no nostalgia and depending on who you ask (not you, MGM), it made things worse. Yet there's still buzz and talk from the 200x fans requesting for Evil-Lyn and Keldor's swords, etc. Why aren't NA fans doing the same? I don't think self-depreciation is the answer.
    This is a great post. I always wonder why aren't there any really outgoing NA fans out there like 200X and POP has.

One way I can think to answer this is exploring whatever it is that POP and 200X has that is worth campaigning and debating for that NA lacks.

One such reason could be style. NA fans aren't fighting to keep their original designs, like the POP and 200X war camps are. Optikk was made out of MEF parts and that made him look more MOTU-like. While POP and 200X fans want to keep Classics from neutering their characters designs in the translation, most fans seem all for it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

This is a great post. I always wonder why aren't there any really outgoing NA fans out there like 200X and POP has.

One way I can think to answer this is exploring whatever it is that POP and 200X has that is worth campaigning and debating for that NA lacks.

One such reason could be style. NA fans aren't fighting to keep their original designs, like the POP and 200X war camps are. Optikk was made out of MEF parts and that made him look more MOTU-like. While POP and 200X fans want to keep Classics from neutering their characters designs in the translation, most fans seem all for it.
    When I first saw NA He-Man and Skeletor in a toy store I was extatic. I loved that Skeletor slightly resembled his look in the movie, and at the time I felt ready for a change from the familiar squat builds. The other characters did not stand out to me as well though aside from Optikk and Slush Head. I was ready for a space-age shift having loved Captain Power and Bravestarr, but I think what really dropped my interest was when I finally saw the cartoon. I thought I'd love it as it got away from Filmation's look, but it didn't really pull me in and neither did the other toys. Add that I was entering Middle School, AKA Level 9 of Hell, and the increasing feeling that NA really didn't have anything to do with MOTU except borrowing the hero and villain and abandoning all other continuity and I was ultimately let down. PoP benefited from coming a lot earlier, when I was still in the magic years. Perhaps NA is my PoP, but I still think there's potential in it just like there is in PoP. I think if the look and feel of NA was more Kirby-esque, it'd be especially beloved. Removing the far-future part of the setting is kind of interesting too because it lets all the character co-exist better. Plus I don't recall the time-travel really mattering in NA like it would have for PoG. It's not like we saw future versions of anything from MOTU.

This is exactly why I've been doing a lot of campaigning for New Adventures awareness lately.
    We need more NA figures, 2-3 a year would be great. The NA figures so far in MOTUC have been amazing and have even turned many NA haters on to NA.

If you haven't already be sure to vote in my MOTUC NA polls:
    The Sword of Power
    Kayo/Tatarus
    Spinwit/Tornado
    Nocturna
    Last edited by 13977; December 23, 2011 at 02:33pm.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    The 7 NA fans are very patient. They'll take what they can get.

Anyways, I've hated NA since the second I first laid eyes on it (both the toys and cartoon) but MOTUC has really helped me accept it a lot easier. They are like all new characters to me in MOTUC and they are actually pretty cool now that they fit in with everyone else. I'm really diggin Optikk and Icarius. Also REALLLLLY looking forward to Slushhead. He looks to be the coolest of the bunch!

Anyways, I don't want more than 1-2 NA figures per year. While they are cool in MOTUC, there is just soooooooo many more important vintage MOTU, POP, and Filmation that I REALLLLLY want.
    One more time, i'm with you!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I'm totally fine with cramming all NA stuff into one year !!! As is my wallet

Me too, release it all and be done with it, so I can take a brief hiatus from this line that year.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Three figures in four years is no where near enough. The only faction to have so little so far are the Snakemen. But to be fair, they are one of several factions within the main He-man cannon, so I don't count them as lacking in the same way as NA is lacking. Flogg should have been one of, if not the first NA figure, since he is a faction leader, and easy to accomplish from a monetary standpoint. Hydron should be a close second to him. I love what we've seen from NA so far, but it's far too little for a three-four year run, with roughly 12 monthly slots, 4 A-list variants (perfect place for NA Heman and Skelly) and at least 1 comic con fig per year. That's roughly 17 figures a year x 3 years plus 2 figs in December 2008 = roughly 53 figures and only 2 NA figs released, with 1 having been shown. Yeah, I want more representation for NA, no doubt. Plus, 11 more figures will be released before we get slush head. That's 3 of 64!!! That's 21 and 1/3 figures per NA character. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised if NA figs were more likely to get the boot when Filmation stepped onto the scene.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; December 23, 2011 at 04:01pm.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Bring on Hydron for sure!!! Slush Head and Hydron for 2012 would be awesome. I really want NA Skelly AND NA He Man as well, but Hydron was always my fave.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    That's roughly 17 figures
    To enhance your point, 22 new figures came out (including variants) and six beast/oversized items in 2011. That's 28 releases. One of which was NA. (For the record, 3 were POP - 4 if you count Catra)

As to Snake Men, also keep in mind there were only a very small number of Snake Men to begin with.

However, to keep a positive spirit. There are fewer classic figures now, so a more equal blend of figures might be more feasible now, mixing in classic characters with NA, POP, filmation and the occasional mini-comic or concept character.

I wasn't a fan of NA until the Horesmen made the classics versions of these toys and now I am a believer. I even went to watch the entire series twice to see if Id like it... I didnt really like it in the may I liked MOTU and 200X but I liked it as I was able to enjoy the series the second time around by (no offense) dumbing myself down.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    To enhance your point, 22 new figures came out (including variants) and six beast/oversized items in 2011. That's 28 releases. One of which was NA. (For the record, 3 were POP - 4 if you count Catra)

As to Snake Men, also keep in mind there were only a very small number of Snake Men to begin with.

However, to keep a positive spirit. There are fewer classic figures now, so a more equal blend of figures might be more feasible now, mixing in classic characters with NA, POP, filmation and the occasional mini-comic or concept character.

how do you count?

I don't count the palace guards as they have been delayed from 2010

1. Vikor
    2. Bow
    3. Shadow Beast
    4. Preternia Disguise He-Man
    5. King Hssss
    6. Battle Armor Skeletor
    7. Weapons Rack
    8. Sy-Klone
    9. Panthor
    10. Catra
    11. The Faceless One
    12. Battleground Teela
    13. Clawful
    14. Marlena/ Cringer
    15. Man-E-Faces
    16. Megator
    17. Leech
    18. Hurricane Hordak
    19. Icarius
    20. Snout Spout
    21. Swift Wind
    22. Bubble Power She-Ra
    23. Demo-Man
    24. Battleground Evil-Lyn
    25. Wind Raider....

that's 25 releases... or do you count the DC 2-packs?!

Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    that's 25 releases... or do you count the DC 2-packs?!
    I counted Zodac and Faker since they were unique figures, unlike She-Ra. Some people might include Captain Glenn. Some people might not count the weapons rack. The number will shift by one or two depending on what each of us counts as a release. But whatever our personal count, I think we all agree it's in the mid to high twenties, higher than 17. Icarius was our lone ambassador.
    Last edited by whbinder; December 23, 2011 at 05:51pm. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    So I'm very curious as to why NA fans are so meek (or patient). Do the NA fans not consider themselves part of the fandom as well? If they do, why aren't they speaking up for themselves more and making a bigger buzz for Flogg/Sagitar/Darius/Mara/whoever?
    IMO, there just aren't all that many hardcore NA fans, in the sense of holding the property above classic MOTU and/or POP.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    2 NA figures per year at minimum please!

This lineup of the 12 monthly slots per year would be decently balanced;
    3 MOTU
    3 POP
    2 NA
    2 Filmation
    1 200X
    1 Concept/New/Etc.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

My count was based on actual normal sized figures, not counting 2-packs, and not counting figures released with two distinct display options. Just release slots. I guess you could add the two giants, and two ape bodies, and maybe even the cats and horse if you just want to count all characters.

I'm cool with the way it's goin' now. I love all MotU, so I'm always getting cool stuff. NA being sparse just means that it's EXTRA awesome when we get one. I'm not lookin' to have any certain number out by any particular time.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.