Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NA fans patience...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm cool with the way it's goin' now. I love all MotU, so I'm always getting cool stuff. NA being sparse just means that it's EXTRA awesome when we get one. I'm not lookin' to have any certain number out by any particular time.
    NA being spare means this line will become NA Classics at the end.

There are 14 original toyline NA figures left. Meaning, if they only made 2 a year, then it will be 2019 before NA fans finish their lines. But if NA had three releases a year, then NA will be done in five.

The only thing that messes up NA and POP's chances are Jetlag and Filmation characters respectively. They'll retard the progress of recreating the original rosters.

I guess 6 MOTU releases, 3 POP and 3 NA would be best. Both POP and NA will be done by 2017.

Sagitar would be a Large Scale Beast slot.
    He-Man and Skeletor will have their NA variants in their usual yearly slots, so that's not a concern.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I think NA should have at LEAST 2 Spots a year and maybe a 2-pack/Large scale beast spot. NA-Heman and Skeletor should come in a two pack to speed things up a bit!
    Also having Flipshot without Hydron kinda echoes the PoP issue of Bow and no Glimmer, which is wrong for both eras to have half of the main duo. And what's with the severe lack of Flogg? He's the only Faction Leader that has NOT shown up! MAtty should fix that ASAP!
    I agree with all of what you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Questions for the NA fans - do you guys think you're more patient than the PoP fans?
    That's not really a fair question as they have had 4 years less of waiting (PoP = 86 and NA = 89). Ask again in four years.

I would actually like 3 NA a year and 3 PoP a year minimum. NA has all those figures and AWESOME Jetlag characters (which seem to be more in demand than the toy characters), like Crita and Mara, for example.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah I've been patient... TOO PATIENT. No offence to my fellow PoP fans, but you don't have that much of a leg to stand on in comparison to NA fans. Pop fans have had 3 monthly figures, a quarterly variant and a large scale beast in addition to 4 coming up for sure next year. Us NA fans have had two figures, no variants and no beasts with one figure coming up next year. I think both fandoms have been giving the shaft but NA really got the short end of things. I hope and pray that my collection showing at PowerCon got some interest in the line. Heck, I should have grabbed ToyGuru and shown him my collection myself.

I understand I may be the only one that feels like this. However, I was a Kid when NA came out and all I had were the toys. So for NA has a much higher nostalgia factor for me at least in regards to the toys. So I think Mattel needs to step up and give us AT LEAST THREE (3) NA figures next year.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I hate the NA figures, but I LOVE THE MOTUC ONES!

Sign me up for at least 2 a year and a variant

I love these images!
    http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/r...k/8b062a7f.jpg
    http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/r...k/344767d5.jpg
    Yeah those are amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    2 NA figures per year at minimum please!

This lineup of the 12 monthly slots per year would be decently balanced;
    3 MOTU
    3 POP
    2 NA
    2 Filmation
    1 200X
    1 Concept/New/Etc.
    I'd be good with the line up with the occasional NA quarterly figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    Yeah I've been patient... TOO PATIENT. No offence to my fellow PoP fans, but you don't have that much of a leg to stand on in comparison to NA fans. Pop fans have had 3 monthly figures, a quarterly variant and a large scale beast in addition to 4 coming up for sure next year. Us NA fans have had two figures, no variants and no beasts with one figure coming up next year. I think both fandoms have been giving the shaft but NA really got the short end of things. I hope and pray that my collection showing at PowerCon got some interest in the line. Heck, I should have grabbed ToyGuru and shown him my collection myself.

I understand I may be the only one that feels like this. However, I was a Kid when NA came out and all I had were the toys. So for NA has a much higher nostalgia factor for me at least in regards to the toys. So I think Mattel needs to step up and give us AT LEAST THREE (3) NA figures next year.
    totaly agree bud... I still should have stolen your NA collection for myself at Powercon..... next year.....next year....
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

i agree we need to get to at least two or three NA figures a year. I really really hope we see Sagitar as a large scale beast and see him soon. I want Hydron, Flogg, Mara, Crita, Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Quake, Spinwit, Butthead, Karrati and Lizzor like yesterday.

I also want Drissi, Staghorn, Hoove, Vizar, Nocturna, Kayo, Artilla, Darius, and Kaz before i consider my must have NA collection complete.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I never owned an NA figure when I was a kid. I wanted the original line back so I stayed away from NA in a passive protest. I thought the cartoons were ok. I really didn't have a problem with them except for the fact that it wasn't vintage and I still hate NA Skeletor's voice. I would have sworn he kept saying, "She-man."

But like the majority here, I have grown to like NA and I really like the figures. In essence, I truly embrace classics now. I want all the figures from all the lines. I also know that the 4H will do an amazing job with NA He-man and NA Skeletor.

One question though: Is there anybody here who actually wants to only and exclusively own NA figures and pass on all the other classic figures?
    Last edited by bskcase; December 24, 2011 at 01:19am.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    NA fans aren't fighting to keep their original designs, like the POP and 200X war camps are.
    Well, 200x may be fighting to keep their designs and PoP to a lesser degree and this issue may not be present for NA, but that's one issue. However, both camps still actively campaign for "their" figures to be made (again, if not in equal parts then a more equitable share). Why aren't NA fans doing this? Why aren't NA fans also asking for "their" He-Man and Skeletor (and Flogg) to be released sooner rather than later? Why has the NA fans been silent on all the NA issues? PoP fans and 200x fans are vocal and aren't shy of demanding a fairer share and that Mattel give them the same treatment as they do with the "vintage purist" figures. Why aren't NA fans doing the same? Is it because they are patient, meek or just non-existant? Somehow I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    If you haven't already be sure to vote in my MOTUC NA polls:
    Great job with the polls, but somehow I feel that there has to be more... discussion and hopefully that will catch Toyguru's eyes.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post

I don't think that PoP or NA fans have been given "the shaft." They are smaller segments of MOTU as a whole and the releases thus far reflect that. PoP is a bigger segment than NA and so it has seen more figures to this point. I think NA deserves 1-2 releases each year and PoP 2-4. I personally love ALL parts of MOTU and would be thrilled to see more of both segments but that isn't appropriate for this line in my opinion.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Two NA figures OR more per year. No more years of just one or zero. Unacceptable.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Why aren't NA fans doing the same? Is it because they are patient, meek or just non-existant? Somehow I don't think so.
    I don't think the fan base is non-existent. But as I said earlier, there aren't a lot of fans like Swift Wind who are all that hardcore enough about NA to hold the property above MOTU and/or POP - from what I've witnessed, most of the fans of NA have hopped on-board within the last few years, or seem to sometimes become hardcore to counter POP requests - so there isn't as much nostalgia or passion fueling folks to step up and be vocal on a regular basis. One of the biggest differences between POP and NA, is that the NA cartoon and toy line just didn't resonate with the generation for which it was created, so we really aren't getting a significant amount of folks joining the boards to talk about how NA was their entry into the He-Man universe. Nostalgia or lack thereof definitely influences the level to which fans are going to be vocal.

The thing with NA fans is more often than not, NA isn't their favorite version of MOTU. With POP fans, POP usually is their favorite version of MOTU. Therefore, POP fans are a lot more vocal.

I think one NA figure in a regular monthly slot a year is enough. I do think they should have 1 more item a year in either the variant or beast slot (ie: NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Sagitar, Mutant Troopers 2-pack)

Well, 200x may be fighting to keep their designs and PoP to a lesser degree and this issue may not be present for NA, but that's one issue. However, both camps still actively campaign for "their" figures to be made (again, if not in equal parts then a more equitable share). Why aren't NA fans doing this? Why aren't NA fans also asking for "their" He-Man and Skeletor (and Flogg) to be released sooner rather than later? Why has the NA fans been silent on all the NA issues? PoP fans and 200x fans are vocal and aren't shy of demanding a fairer share and that Mattel give them the same treatment as they do with the "vintage purist" figures. Why aren't NA fans doing the same? Is it because they are patient, meek or just non-existant? Somehow I don't think so.
    Now that I've thought about it, I may have the answer.

We don't have any pure NA fans or fans who are only into NA. We have MOTU, POP or 200X fans who like NA, and that is why people are aren't knocking down the door for NA characters--the MOTU, POP or 200X fans fans who like NA aren't in a hurry for them since they want the characters from other eras FIRST. This is why people appear so patient.

Ram Man? Get him out now.
    Kayo? He can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I don't think the fan base is non-existent. But as I said earlier, there aren't a lot of fans like Swift Wind who are all that hardcore enough about NA to hold the property above MOTU and/or POP - from what I've witnessed, most of the fans of NA have hopped on-board within the last few years, or seem to sometimes become hardcore to counter POP requests - so there isn't as much nostalgia or passion fueling folks to step up and be vocal on a regular basis. One of the biggest differences between POP and NA, is that the NA cartoon and toy line just didn't resonate with the generation for which it was created, so we really aren't getting a significant amount of folks joining the boards to talk about how NA was their entry into the He-Man universe. Nostalgia or lack thereof definitely influences the level to which fans are going to be vocal.
    NA is used as the "poor kid" argument, whenever fans are fighting for more POP or 200X.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 24, 2011 at 09:57am.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    the MOTU, POP or 200X fans fans who like NA aren't in a hurry for them since they want the characters from other eras FIRST. This is why people appear so patient.

Ram Man? Get him out now.
    Kayo? He can wait.
    Don't make Kayo wait! Artilla can hold his place in line while he jumps ahead.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

NA is used as the "poor kid" argument, whenever fans are fighting for more POP or 200X.
    So true! Mattel uses this argument as well.

Now that I've thought about it, I may have the answer.

We don't have any pure NA fans or fans who are only into NA. We have MOTU, POP or 200X fans who like NA, and that is why people are aren't knocking down the door for NA characters--the MOTU, POP or 200X fans fans who like NA aren't in a hurry for them since they want the characters from other eras FIRST. This is why people appear so patient.
    which is basically what I said in the post before...

Heroic Warrior
    For what it's worth, here's the view of someone who never liked NA and even now hasn't been 'turned' by Optikk and Icarius.

The biggest obstacle for me is that NA went in a direction that was in complete conflict with the original themes.

Filmation was different to the barbarian themes, but still recognisable. POP was complementary to the original line. Releasing the Horde as MOTU tied things together. 2002 wasn't universally popular because of its style, but it was still a revival of the original ideas and the figures were recognisable.

Unfortunately NA doesn't have any of that. I say unfortunately because I genuinely wish it were different. While other factions/incarnations have been complementary, NA has always been contradictory. The Classics line is trying to absorb NA, but it's never going to be a truly comfortable fit.

I am sure that having more than one or two NA figures per year would cause the larger fan groups to lose interest, and that would hurt the line. So I expect we won't see all the NA characters made into Classics figures.

While there are so many much more popular characters to come (who have the MOTU nostalgia factor), NA will have to wait. Afterall, we have still only had one of the Snake Men!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I'd love four NA a year. They are the figures I look forward to the most. So far Optikk, Flipshot and Slushhead have been some of thebest figures of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I don't think that PoP or NA fans have been given "the shaft." They are smaller segments of MOTU as a whole and the releases thus far reflect that. PoP is a bigger segment than NA and so it has seen more figures to this point.
    To be fair, PoP has about the same number of figures and characters as NA, so your argument doesn't hold water. The Snakemen and the Horde are a smaller segment of MotU as a whole (6 Snakemen figures and 9 Horde figures without Filmation characters, compared with 22 for PoP and about 18 for NA), yet we have as of Dec 2011 - 1 out of 6 Snakemen or 17% (rounded up to the nearest whole number) and 3 out of 9 Horde or 33% vs 3 out of 22 for PoP (14%) and 2 out of 18 for NA (11%). NA has definitely been given the shaft going by those numbers - there should be at least one more figure this year to bring it up to par with the Snakemen and 4 more to bring it to par with the Horde.

And I agree with everyone else who says that NA fans aren't NA fans first and foremost. They are MotU/PoP/200x fans as well and therefore can be a bit more patient to wait for the NA figures. Still, that doesn't explain why they aren't more vocal about NA on the boards/forums/internets though...
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    which is basically what I said in the post before...
    I see that now! I came off from my part time and started writing. I didn't stop to read the new stuff....

And I agree with everyone else who says that NA fans aren't NA fans first and foremost. They are MotU/PoP/200x fans as well and therefore can be a bit more patient to wait for the NA figures. Still, that doesn't explain why they aren't more vocal about NA on the boards/forums/internets though...
    Basically I leave that fight to the folks who are bigger fans. To me, the POP cause is more important, because She-Ra only ever had the one property whereas, even though the secondary characters are all-new on NA, it's still yet another He-Man-centric attempt.

I'm too preoccupied with fighting for 200X and Pre-Filmation stuff in Classics, although I will fight for NA when I can since I like that era too.

Now if there were fans who liked NA first and foremost, you might see a champion or two fight for NA on the level of the POP or 200X fans.

well, 12 months, 12 figures, 5 series, just rotate thru each series in chronological order over the year, or:
    MOTU
    POP
    NA
    MOTU
    POG
    200X
    MOTU
    POP
    NA
    MOTU
    POG
    200X
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    well, 12 months, 12 figures, 5 series, just rotate thru each series in chronological order over the year, or:
    You would have thought mattel would do that, but no. They have an overarching story that they are telling in the bios, which unnecessary complicates things.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

I think it's weird that NA He-Man and NA Skeletor haven't even been suggested to be made by any intel i've seen. I'd think they would be the first ones made, but I do love my Optikk
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    MOTU
    POP
    NA
    MOTU
    POG
    200X
    MOTU
    POP
    NA
    MOTU
    POG
    200X

I'd rather
    MOTU
    POP
    200x
    NA
    MOTU
    MOTU
    POP
    POG
    MOTU
    200x
    POP
    MOTU

But there lies the problem, are Horde POP or MOTUC? and what about filmation?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.