Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suprises, Mishaps, Discoveries... A Catch-All for Figures we Already Have!

Suprises, Mishaps, Discoveries... A Catch-All for Figures we Already Have!

I figured I would start a thread to cover any surprises we might encounter with figures long after they've been purchased.

This isn't supposed to be a negative thread... there might be cool things we discover about figures that we like, that maybe we missed before. But there are also times when suprises happen that aren't so great, and it's good to warn each other.

Last night, while rearranging my shelf, I picked up my Battel Armor Faker, and the legs fell off

Now, after all of my strife with The Goddess, and my recent experience with the unglued pelvis on Demo-Man (and the legs falling off, which, fortunately, I was able to repair), I kind of sighed, and felt defeated LOL.

It's not something I can fix. The pelvis also looked to not have been glued, but the real problem was that the peg that is supposed to connect to the other side of the pelvis had been compressed and not fit properly.

I just figured that since we all noticed the less than great quality on some of the TRU 2-packs, that I should advise you all to check your Battle Armor Faker figure out, and make sure it's not broken.

Fortunately Faker goes on sale this month, and I can save the BA Faker head (darker hair) and just trade the armor; which is another reason I wanted to tell you about this... in case this is a running issue... and maybe you'll want to buy another Faker, just in case.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Dude, you have the worst luck. I did make a discovery myself the other day though. I picked up Randor again only to discover he's got one backwards shoulder. Nuts! My first Skeletor had the same problem, as did He-Man, so I guess it's a family trait!
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I wish I HAD a Battle Armor Faker to have to fix...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Well, that's possibly the worst figure that could have happened to, since I'm nearly certain that 2-pack never actually existed. I think it might just be a prank, since I've seen so few claims of ownership. It really stinks that such a rare figure broke, and one that couldn't be returned in any way at that.

On the other hand, as much as it stinks in theory, the 47 or so times they've reissued Faker also makes a broken BA Faker one of the most convenient defects while also making his nearly identical paint apps a very good thing. I guess it kind of balances out in a strange way. At the very least, a positive way to look at it is $20 becomes a relatively small "repair fee" compared to the prices those sets can reach. I'll be Mr. Brightside, as I've done my best to be throughout 2011.

A positive thing I noticed the other day is Catra's rubber-band pinched sword seems to have corrected itself. I used hot water with some success when I first got it, but I never went hardcore hairdryer on it the way HunterKnight recommended. I may still do that, but plastic memory seems to have righted it almost entirely.

A positive and negative thing that I've noticed lately is my Robotos.

Positive: Given the time since my initial frustration with the shoulders and sloppy paint wash, which was fueled in no small part by having no 2010 sub and therefore monthly rage-fests, I look at Roboto now as a really fun and goofy toy. I don't even notice those negatives anymore since they disappear beneath the visual impact of his weird design. I love this thing.

Negative: My Roboto had a relatively minor hairline crack in across his abs. I was impressed that they sent me a new one immediately, no questions asked. 2 Robotos! Unfortunately, Roboto #1's crack has matured into a lovely little canyon that could almost accept a coin while #2 sensed the fashion trend and decided to grow a crack that is eerily similar in size and placement to what #1 had when he initially arrived. I blame some sort of sibling rivalry for their competetive crack race, but I'm still bummed out a bit, mostly because I've grown to love the little knuckleheads.

One last positive: Isn't Panthor super-awesome? I hadn't looked at him for a while. And love or hate the helmet, I'm impressed to find that I can pick up the entire toy by one of the horns without the cat falling to certain doom. Based on the initial photos, I was positive that the helmet would fall off if you gave it a dirty look.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    bcrduke, I honestly can't get over the luck you have with these figures.

The other day, while looking through my parts box, I found this had happened to Leech's net. Granted, I was expecting something like this to happen, but not quite so soon... It does add a little character, though.

I love an all inclusive canon!

Tried placing Roboto in the Wind Raider and his torso snapped off! I can still place them back together and have all the gears move with the rotating waist, but it's permanently broken.

Great idea for a thread. Leech is my favorite figure in the line, surpassed only by Skeletor. I love the glossy paint Mattel used for the inner lining of his mouth, suction cups, and the back of his neck.

Something I noticed a week or two after I had the figure was that he also has the same glossy paint in his nostrils. Leech's nostrils got attention from the painters. That means there was thought put into that choice.. That's attention to detail right there.

Leech laughs at every classics figure on my shelf with his sheer awesomeness. Except Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    One last positive: Isn't Panthor super-awesome? I hadn't looked at him for a while.
    Yeah, he is. I was looking at mine the other day and he his face sculpt is truly terrifying. In fact, it made me go back and reevaluate Battle Cat. I haven't done much with Battle Cat since I got him (something I need to correct), but man are those two really awesome toys and characters.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; January 13, 2012 at 05:09am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Dude, you have the worst luck. I did make a discovery myself the other day though. I picked up Randor again only to discover he's got one backwards shoulder. Nuts! My first Skeletor had the same problem, as did He-Man, so I guess it's a family trait!
    I know LOL... That stinks about Randor. I have to admit, I never pick Randor up. The cape is so stiff and heavy that he is difficult to pose without him falling over. I am looking forward to Captain Randor or 200X King Randor.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I wish I HAD a Battle Armor Faker to have to fix...
    I know. After I started the thread, I thought that people might say that. I bought the set at SDCC. I wish that some of us had known these would be so rare. We might have been able to organize a purchase program.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    Well, that's possibly the worst figure that could have happened to, since I'm nearly certain that 2-pack never actually existed. I think it might just be a prank, since I've seen so few claims of ownership. It really stinks that such a rare figure broke, and one that couldn't be returned in any way at that.
    The quality of the TRU BA Faker was FAR inferior to that of MOTUC Faker. There was less shading on the body, and the plastic was lighter. I'm not surprised he broke. I have to say, I feel lucky that he's on sale this month, because he's kind of expensive on ebay, and I don't want to open the MOC one I bought back in 2009.

One last positive: Isn't Panthor super-awesome? I hadn't looked at him for a while. And love or hate the helmet, I'm impressed to find that I can pick up the entire toy by one of the horns without the cat falling to certain doom. Based on the initial photos, I was positive that the helmet would fall off if you gave it a dirty look.
    Panthor is REALLY cool. I always loved Panthor more than Battle Cat, and MOTUC hasn't changed that. He's just badass!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post

The other day, while looking through my parts box, I found this had happened to Leech's net. Granted, I was expecting something like this to happen, but not quite so soon... It does add a little character, though.
    Yeah, I think most people have either a broken net or a severely damaged one

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Tried placing Roboto in the Wind Raider and his torso snapped off! I can still place them back together and have all the gears move with the rotating waist, but it's permanently broken.
    THAT stinks. It reminds me of what happened to my vintage Snout Spout. I pulled him out of the storage bin the month before the MOTUC one came out. Filled him with water... he was working perfectly. I emptied him out. I then tried to move the snout up, and the neck cracked a bit I carefully left him to dry out, and haven't touched him since It was my original Snout Spout. I hope it doesn't break any further. As for MOTUC Roboto, that is REALLY lame. How old is that figure? A year? Why is the plastic that brittle??

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Great idea for a thread. Leech is my favorite figure in the line, surpassed only by Skeletor. I love the glossy paint Mattel used for the inner lining of his mouth, suction cups, and the back of his neck.
    Leech is awesome. I wish he had a second Filmation head, but he's super fool. I actually like the thin arms and legs.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Leech is awesome. I wish he had a second Filmation head, but he's super fool.
    I'm not too bummed that he didn't come with a Filmation head because now I hope we get an actual Filmation Leech variant. They can sculpt the right shoulder pad, new head, and the accurate Filmation green.

I'd treat him as a new character. He can be Leech's cousin or something.

I actually like the thin arms and legs.
    The leg and arm proportions don't bother me, and never have. For the Classics figure I think they are correctly proportioned. The vintage was a much more squat figure, so he had fatter arms and legs. It's just not an issue that bothers me. Leech is my favorite character after Skeletor, so if the proportions were off on the figure, it seems like of all the fans out there, I'm one of the ones that it would bother. It doesn't so I'm thinking they're fine and it's just personal preference.

I mean, I am posting about the paint apps on the inside of his nostrils.

I wouldn't have minded if he were a little thicker though.

But yeah, except for Skeletor, Leech runs roughshod over everybody else on my toy shelf.

Last edited by Thrawn29; January 15, 2012 at 09:56am.

One of the suckers on my Leech net just came off. Literally he was just sat on my shelf and i randomly went to look at my motu classics and one sucker was on the floor, Which i thought totally sucked (pun fully intended)

Coole thread!

I know this is really, really, minute, but Leech has two right hands/suctions. If you look very closely you will see the "thumb" indention is on the outside on his left hand/suction.
    ... at least mine does.

Heroic Warrior
    "Last night, while rearranging my shelf, I picked up my Battel Armor Faker, and the legs fell off"

It's not a bug, it's a feature...an action feature! You got an exploding Faker!
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    One of the suckers on my Leech net just came off. Literally he was just sat on my shelf and i randomly went to look at my motu classics and one sucker was on the floor, Which i thought totally sucked (pun fully intended)
    I didn't realize it until after I posted that, that one of the suckers on my net had fallen off too!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2&d=1326445041
    I had my net in a bag with other accessories, and when I went through them the other day, my net came out of the bag looking just like this. Sucks.

I'm not sure if this counts or not, but I am surprised at how much I like Gygor and Catra. I really had no connection prior, but really like these two. I've even developed a sort of crush on the Filmation Catra character.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I had my net in a bag with other accessories, and when I went through them the other day, my net came out of the bag looking just like this. Sucks.

I'm not sure if this counts or not, but I am surprised at how much I like Gygor and Catra. I really had no connection prior, but really like these two. I've even developed a sort of crush on the Filmation Catra character.
    Yeah, it is a shame this happens to the plastic.

However, hearing you like Gygor and Catra is great news! They are incredible figures.

Gygor is a figure I don't pull of the shelf very often, but just yesterday I did, and found myself having fun posing him fending off Buzz-Off, Snout Spout, Sy-Klone, and Flipshot (on a flight stand).

He's awesome.

Mine is still unopened, but the net is clearly, visibly ripped behind Leech already.

I'm not sure if this counts or not, but I am surprised at how much I like Gygor and Catra. I really had no connection prior, but really like these two.
    Add me to the list of people who became Gygor fans after receiving him!

I'm VERY glad I opted to buy him when I wasn't 100% sure I cared about him, as after he arrived, he became a favourite.

Walked past my display the other day and saw a blue spot on snout spout's trunk....he has been sitting in the same spot and not messed with - but the stress of having his trunk bent slightly to the right caused the soft plastic foam material to split
    I will have to post a photo. Anyone else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    wait. his gears move when you rotate his waist?

/discovered

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I know a lot of people have had negative experiences with the Wind Raider, but I absolutely love mine. Every once in a while, I mess with the grappler and rotate the wings and rudder, spin the wheels. What a fantastic piece. Never had the vintage WR as a kid, but I'm absolutely LOVING this one.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

My Leech's net is still perfectly intact; of course, mine has been sitting before him on a shelf since its arrival, only being used once or thrice.

My newest "discovery" is how much I like Roboto wielding the WP1 Tri-Klops sword! I know I saw others doing this and it looks a bit like one of the Vintage posters.

Oh, and I finally "fixed" my Stratos' wings to rotate yesterday afternoon. Very cool now.

(I then started messing with spare figures, creating a Horde She-Ra-TRU She-Ra's head and cape on Catra's body-and a Savage She-Ra-BG Teela body with BPSR head, armor, shield, and cape.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post

/discovered
    Time to play more with your toys!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post

/discovered
    HA! I hadn't noticed that either. My son opened him up and sat him on his shelf and I never thought to check it out. I'm going to have to do that tonight.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    ^ of course they do silly....the vintage one did as well
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Gygor is a figure I don't pull of the shelf very often, but just yesterday I did, and found myself having fun posing him fending off Buzz-Off, Snout Spout, Sy-Klone, and Flipshot (on a flight stand).

He's awesome.
    He's excellent for posing with (or without) the other figures. And, excellent team to group up!