Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Queen Marlena/Captain Glenn Talkback Thread

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar

Official Queen Marlena/Captain Glenn Talkback Thread

It's been a week, and I'm still recovering from the con. I know some have mentioned a thread for pictures of her, so here are a few. And yes, the queen looks amazing holding the sword and riffle too.

As the queen, she's amazing. As the captain, equally amazing. I almost want to remove the gun holster so she has a sleeker look, but she still needs it otherwise it looks odd. A woman who carries a laser riffle and sword absolutely needs a pistol just in case. The staff is nice too, I just don't use it as much with the queen. Cringer is just awesome. Harkens back so much to the vintage line.

I love an all inclusive canon!

I try not to look at it but her eyes really stick out in pictures with other figures

They do! They really do at times. I'm tempted just to put the white dot. I noticed characters like Mo-Larr have dark eyes and just the white dot. Might be the easiest thing to do, unless I want to redo the eyes on both the queen's and captain's heads.

About time, dude!

I think Marlena looks fine from what I've seen. The eyes are a bit off but I don't think it's as horrible as people make it out to be. tbh Adam's creepy smiling head looks more out of place in those pics than her eyes, lol.

Hopefully I'll have mine tomorrow, so I can judge in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    About time, dude!

I think Marlena looks fine from what I've seen. The eyes are a bit off but I don't think it's as horrible as people make it out to be. tbh Adam's creepy smiling head looks more out of place in those pics than her eyes, lol.

Hopefully I'll have mine tomorrow, so I can judge in person.
    I know... I took them out of the packages last Sunday, and intended to snap shots Monday... but it still felt way too surreal with her on the shelf. Even still... it's kinda like she's there, should have always been there, but I don't know when she showed up. LOL

Yeah, I wanted to leave the eyes for now. And yes, Adam's smile gets really creepy at times. Luckily mine has a flare of the DC Adam in him.

I don't see an issue with my Marlena's eyes. I saw some review samples that looked much worse than mine. Mine look good--to me.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Your pictures look great Jon-O. I can't wait for my Queen Marlena figure to arrive!

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    Your pictures look great Jon-O. I can't wait for my Queen Marlena figure to arrive!
    Thank you, mk476!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I don't see an issue with my Marlena's eyes. I saw some review samples that looked much worse than mine. Mine look good--to me.
    You're right. Some of the review samples have looked worse than those I've seen in person.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Got a picture of Cringer with vintage Battle Cat? I'm curious about the scale there...

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Got a picture of Cringer with vintage Battle Cat? I'm curious about the scale there...
    I couldn't get to my vintage Battle Cat, as he's burried deep in a chest I have everyone in. The last time I went in there, Sorceress, Mekaneck, and another figure didn't come out 100% in tact. I dug a few layers right now and found vintage Panthor, so he should do well. And it makes for an amusing picture.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    awesome pics Jon-O! Love the Panthor! You always find goodies in your trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    awesome pics Jon-O! Love the Panthor! You always find goodies in your trunk.
    Why thank you, sir!

I wanted to take everyone outside for a photo shoot today, but it's way too hot. :/

Great pics, Jon-O!

I love Marlena - both Queen and Captain.

In hand, it looks a billion times better than the initial Attack of the Show reveal, and at least a million times better than all of the eye critics make her sound. To me, at least.

Even the queen sleeves don't bother me anymore. I guess I'm just able to separate cartoon from toy. I have been wanting this figure ever since I got my vintage Randor all those years ago...I'm so happy to have her.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    I couldn't get to my vintage Battle Cat, as he's burried deep in a chest I have everyone in.... I found vintage Panthor, so he should do well. And it makes for an amusing picture.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=13872
    Sheesh - even the smaller vintage "big cat" looks too big beside this Cringer...

Ta

Heroic Warrior
    I got my Queen Marlena and Cringer today and am very pleased. The eyes aren't as awful as the reviews I've seen and is totally fine in the regard. I think they are both winners for the line. The clothing actually is better in person too, I had originally thought the slit in the back would look bad, but it fits together pretty well.
    Good trades with: Cammor

From the moment I get my Queen Marlena figure at SDCC I loved her. The eyes are not really that bad at all, the whole eye thing got blown out of proportion. The dress/outfit works great easy to change and fits really well. I love her in both looks. She is one of my favorite figures so far.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

She looks perfect. I cant wait until mine arrives.

Thanks for the pics man.

I've never had any interest in the Prince Adam, Orko, Royal Family side of MOTU nor a connection between Earth and Eternia. I bought a Captain Glenn though and i'm gonna change her to Quagmi Swamp Attack Teela. Love the rifile.

Heroic Warrior
    OK am I the only one who has their mind deeply entrenched in the gutter and noticed the perspective shots of Randor and Adora looking like Adora was giving the old...reach around?

I was actually quite happy with how my Queen Marlena eyes came out. Definitely not bad like the review pics I've seen and I didn't have that thick black liner around the eyes. The alternate Captain Marlena head however looks pretty off (and has the eyeliner really thick). Good thing I really just intend to display her in her regal attire.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    After seen The Queen in the package I think Mattel should have put Adam and Cringer together and Orko and Marlena. That way they could have prevented the ugly Adam, Orko accessory pack. Love Cringer!!!

Mine had some paint spots on it. Glad I got two so the dress with the "Monica Lewinsky" silver paint drops on it goes in the parts drawer and that figure becomes Captain Glenn. Also had paint issues with one of the crowned heads but the other head looked great.

Overall, great execution on Marlena. Love both versions. The pelvis part on Marlena is new. It's smaller than Catra's so the Captain's tunic won't fit on Catra but the green dress looks great with Catra's bare arms, red bracelets and boots and her black pony tail.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Got my sdcc marlena yesterday and I'm just not sharing the love here. Bad paint job on mine and those terrible eyes... Just absolutely disappointed with this one.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Cringer's eyes... Orko's eyes... Marlena's eyes... And not just her eyes, but the look like she's sucking something sour. Ugh.

But how does she look with some of the other female heads? Especially Teela's? She might be worth it, if Teela's spare head fits well.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!