Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official Fully-Artculated Full-Size Cringer Support Thread

Mattel was probably throwing a bone to the vintage fans with this Cringer, really. It's too small for its own line and it wasn't likely a pack-in with a normal figure- one that was already loaded with accessories to start with- would have had a full-size version without it being a deluxe box set. Even if this were not planned to be vintage-compatible it is, from the size, immobility(the tail moves but it feels like an assembly point, I can't get the head to turn at all) and the pose. Which is great if you collect vintage toys.

Then again, Prince Adam was considered an accessory to Orko and was packed almost totally hidden in the bubble, making me suspect that Mattel sees Adam & Cringer in lower demand than the other characters they came packed with. They may have not considered a full Crinegr worth doing- kind of odd when Cringer was seen constantly and fans have begged for characters that appeared in one episode so I don't see why the demand would not be there.

It has to be one of the great mysteries of our time why fans aren't in uproar (!) about Cringer still being MIA. It's like a Star Wars line without R2-D2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    It has to be one of the great mysteries of our time why fans aren't in uproar (!) about Cringer still being MIA. It's like a Star Wars line without R2-D2.
    I think most fans were content with Battle Cat and they were willing to accept the Cringer they got as a freebie with another figure. They may have simply thought that arguing with Mattel was going to be pointless in asking for a totally new toy over a character that was 50% recycled parts. Though I recall seeing photos of a Mattel Maxx Steele line that used a shrunken down MOTUC Battle Cat mold, shame they didn't just give that a new head because that's all Cringer really needs.

Filmation's scale was also pretty random as far as height, I just watched "Into The Abyss". In the pillow scene he's visibly larger than Adam, almost Battle Cat size, while in other scenes he's quite small. The stock transformation scene barely shows him grow by 20%. Some shots have him above Adam's waist while both are standing, others his head sits shorter. You could probably find at least one scene in the show where this toy is to scale with MOTUC. I mean, the animation inconsistency in the show isn't as horrendous as a Sunbow or DiC could be but they reused animation cels a lot and it was budget animation, they may have just figured no one would really notice or nitpick if details were a bit inconsistent here and there.

I am all for any cringer 2.0. That fraidy cat is one of the best character of motu lore, always giving fun and heart on those filmation scenes.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Next to the Twiggets, this is my single most-wanted MOTU Classics figure. We know that Matty was working on this when the line was cancelled--get it done for us, Super-7.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, Cringer need a more better representation. I sold the one that came with Marlena in hopes we would get a fully articulated version. Super 7, get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Don't care about Cringer...
    Ditto.

There's a lot of other stuff that I'd prefer to see Super7 do before trying to make an articulated cringer (which I would probably pass on even if they did make it).

I'm not sure that this has been mentioned, but I definitely hope they don't give Battle Cat a new head sculpt; Cringer needs to be noticeably smaller than BC.

100% need an articulated Cringer, should come with an asleep head for Prince Adam too for those lazy poses!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar Galactica View Post
    100% need an articulated Cringer, should come with an asleep head for Prince Adam too for those lazy poses!
    I like the way you think.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar Galactica View Post
    Nailed it.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!