Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How much is SPACE an issue to you?

Space isn't an issue yet, because I have everything stored. I hope to one day have a toy room to display all of my stuff, MOTUC and others.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, DARIUS,

Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    I'm selling everything non MOTUC relative....
    This is the stage I should be at but it seems I am culling some Classics in favour of other lines lol, sacrilege I know!
    Had a big clear out of my toy room last night and with Grayskull looming I need to make some hard choices.

Widget
    For me space isn't that big of an issue since my wife doesn't really go down to our finish basement but it did take a little bit of thinking on what was the best way to display my MOC figures...I wanted them to take up as little space as possible (for the simple fact that I have so many ) so I basically decided to buy some foam board cut it down into strips to create the exact size ledges that I would need to display my figures... In a space not much bigger than 6 ft wide by 7 ft tall and with a couple 16" wide shelves and some foam board I was able to come up with a pretty good system to display MOC figures!!!

Although come 2015 I think I'm going to be in trouble...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Deciding not to buy Grayskull is definitely helping my space concerns. Other than that, I try to give each faction some room on my shelves, but some factions are taking up a bit too much space and will be an issue moving forward. Still, having too many MOTU figures to display properly is a fun problem to have!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Namkia34 View Post
    For me space isn't that big of an issue since my wife doesn't really go down to our finish basement but it did take a little bit of thinking on what was the best way to display my MOC figures...I wanted them to take up as little space as possible (for the simple fact that I have so many ) so I basically decided to buy some foam board cut it down into strips to create the exact size ledges that I would need to display my figures... In a space not much bigger than 6 ft wide by 7 ft tall and with a couple 16" wide shelves and some foam board I was able to come up with a pretty good system to display MOC figures!!!

Although come 2015 I think I'm going to be in trouble...
    I display loose, and store my moc, but if I ever sold one or the other, it would be the loose collection, and...

the is one of the best ways I've ever seen an moc (or ~a~ moc if you pronounce words, not letters) collection displayed.

It is as compact as moc collections get, I love that they're all in individual cases for protection, and they're so easy to pick up you can just grab one, look at it, read the bio, whatever.

Pretty cool.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I display loose, and store my moc, but if I ever sold one or the other, it would be the loose collection, and...

the is one of the best ways I've ever seen an moc (or ~a~ moc if you pronounce words, not letters) collection displayed.

It is as compact as moc collections get, I love that they're all in individual cases for protection, and they're so easy to pick up you can just grab one, look at it, read the bio, whatever.

Pretty cool.
    Thank you very much, at first I was just using the white boxes that the figures came in to make the different levels but was not the best setup since you are limited due to the box sizes, so that's when I thought of foam board... I was thinking of making this for my loose collection and actually doing some sculpting work on the foam to make it look like actual stone or something but unfortunately I am having to sell my loose collection off to pay for some unexpected bills but still think it would look pretty cool!!

I only have TOD Sorceress (recarded), Hurricane Hordak and Spirit of Hordak MOSC and Wind Raider & the Sky High and Sled still boxed, and a few more extras carded. Other than that my collection of MOTUC is loose. I sold a few Transformers and MOTUC pieces to make room and get some extra money so I can buy both MP Transformers coming next month (Smokescreen and the Sideswipe reissue), so at the moment my space is not an issue.

I've condensed my Transformers down to the bare minimum I wish to keep, as I made the decision to only collect the MP '84 crew, and a few "Classics" that actually resemble their G1 appearances (until their MP comes out anyway). I had a few Commemorative Series I sold because I have Classics or the MP of them, so in short, other than a few G1 like Mirage, Prime, Smokescreen, Hound, Ironhide & Ratchet, I'll not be buying anymore reissues either, the MP line is just fine for my G1 fix.

So, in short, I made a lot of room, just selling a few select pieces (the MP cars take up less room than the Comm Series do), so collecting those, is no biggie. my MOTUC collection has a lot of room now. I also am collecting select Star Wars Black figures, and their small boxes take up little room, and my TMNT Classics will only consist of the different Turtle incarnations, not the rest of the cast, and Ghostbusters only consist of the main 4 (of which I only have Egon & Peter), which next year are being replaced with the new removable pack sets next year. I have a modest walk-in closet housing my collection, and believe it or not, I have a lot of room, especially with a mostly loose collection.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Space is a huge issue for me. I don't have my own place at the moment, I am sleeping on the floor of my mum's teeny tiny almshouse while I study.
    As I don't have my own I can't display anything save for a few figures on the desk where I work, the rest are in the loft waiting for the day that I have my own place/art studio where they can run loose
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

For me space isn't a concern at all, for three reasons.

1) I currently own 3 MoTuC figures

2) I have been buying / trading like mad to condense my toys, and to change reason #1.

3) My Man Cave is 22' X 25' & I have built several model railroad tables with my father, and a 3 3/4" scale joe table just came down. A MoTuC is going up after the New Year.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Space definitely has become an issue and I'm selling most of my MOC 200x collection as well as most of the loose ones right now to have more room (and money!) for MOTUC. It hurts a bit to get rid of the stuff but it's just too much stuff and I had to find some kind of solution. I'll keep the main characters and a few MOCs and sell the rest. MOTUC is my main priority and I prefer most of the MOTUC versions over the 200x versions of the characters. I'm also keeping the stactions.
    I also have a complete loose vintage MOTU collection and all the 2000 reissues/collectors figures including the 5-paks and the beasts so I still have a pretty large collection. It all needs to be stored somewhere...
    And I'm getting married this December and moving house in the summer...
    Awesome sticker included!

Space can be an issue if you let it personaly I allways try to display what I want on shellfs. if I run out of room reoginize put up more shellfs.store other things away unless you have only one room to work with it is harder.I know, now that I have a house many more things are possible.and space is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    And I'm getting married this December and moving house in the summer...
    Grats on the nuptials. Wonderful institution, Marriage, for those who like being institutionalized. J/K
    Good Luck, good travels & many children.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

my 4 feet of wall space, and 6 foot high shelving is doing the trick so far. I can see some shelves getting really cramped, which is kinda cool. Going to have to get creative again.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Space is an issue now.
    wait till I get castle grayskull
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I think that space is becoming a real issue for all of us at the moment. I have a dedicated room where I display all my MOTU, but with Castle Grayskull coming, my space is becoming more limited.
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

master of hiphop
    Space is not so bad at the moment.. but my 600 sqft room is starting to fill up.. and i'm only MOTU and vintage MOTU all MOC/AFA looks like the wife will have to move over... toys in the bedroom.. wow that just didn't sound right
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html