Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim Addicts Welcome

Skyrim Addicts Welcome

I managed to find myself engrossed with Skyrim, engrossed isn't the best word more like obsessed. Anyone else willingly pick up this game only to find regret because the addictive nature? Late every night, I find myself in a party chat on Xbox live with 4-6 other friends playing and nerding over this game. I still can't get over how fun it is to toss fireballs into dragons or clip their wings on a swooping attack to watch them crash into the ground sliding only to get up screaming angry rushing at you. The dungeon crawling is amazing.

I want to give this game a try. Lately, my gaming time has been cut due to the holidays and the family. I want to get through Skyward Sword before getting engrossed in this.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I can say that I'm addicted. I had to start over once already due to lousy choices but with a game like this its just not a problem to play over stuff you already got done. This game just rules, period. I still don't even know how much there is to do or anything and really I'm in no hurry to find out.

So far one of the best things is the assassination/kill cutscene a la Fallout. That and the leveling system is much sweeter, plus frickin dragons and giants? C'mon! Hopefully DLC is gonna be abundant to keep it rolling. I love this game so much that I bought the soundtrack and am willing to sell family members to get it here faster, cause if I gotta wait too long somebody's taking an arrow in the knee!!!

I'm about a good 40 hours into it so far. I love this game!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I wouldn't say I am addicted either but so far I do love it.

Mind you I do also have Uncharted 3 and Assassins Creed Revelations so I am so busy playing those that I don't have time to be addicted...yet.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Master of New Adventures!
    Along with a PS3 to go with his xBox 360, Assassin's Creed and a slew of other games, we also gave our twelve-year old Alex the Skyrim videogame this Christmas. It is certainly his favorite gift this year.

Because he has an affection for gamers on he-man.org who have provided great gift suggestions for his games acquisitions over the years, he wanted me to pass along to you that today was the first time he defeated Alduin. I'm not sure what this means but he was confident that all of you would understand. He seems rather proud at this accomplishment and wanted to share it with you.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; December 28, 2011 at 06:35pm.

Am I the only one playing Skyrim on the PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I dunno, probably. But more power to you. Honestly I'd like to be playing Star Wars the Old Republic on PS3, but don't see that going down anytime soon.

Skyrim on PC here as well.

I have a GeForce GTX 570HD that I won through work coming and I cannot wait to put that puppy in my system and run Skyrim with some crazy maxed out settings.

I have to have TES games on PC cus of the mod community. it's the only way to be

Skyrim has been fun but it's a major time sink. I may have to uninstall.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I used to play that game, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Last edited by CarKrash; December 29, 2011 at 10:45am.

I don't know how many hours I have, but considering I had all last week off from work. I had PLENTY of gaming time. Is it me or is Skyrim a ADD paradise or nightmare? I will start out on a quest, then next thing I know, I am crawling in non-related caves and small keeps or just flat out finding new side quest. I was re-leaved when I found out mammoths and giants re spawn. I was sad when I returned to a recently cleared giant camp and found it void of life; a few days later, more giants, Yay! I've ended up just keeping all quest active checked just in case I end up in that area for a larger mission, I can grab small ones while at it. I've been stingy with selecting perks just in case I change my mind on my build but so far, I'm happy with being a mage with a fair amount of combat skill and weaponry.

What is your current character, build, weapons?

I picked female high elf, mage, double enchanted glass armor and weapons.
    Last edited by Southzen; December 29, 2011 at 12:39pm.

I wish I was playing Star Wars The Old Republic or Skyrim, but I'm playing League of Legends. Its horribly addictive, and full of the kinds of gamers I don't like. Like all the WOWers that finally grew tired of a decade of the same game went there... but its free...

I would be addicted to it if I had more time to play it. I feel like I've already played through so much of it, but I'm only level 12. It's overwhelming to think how much more is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    I don't know how many hours I have, but considering I had all last week off from work. I had PLENTY of gaming time. Is it me or is Skyrim a ADD paradise or nightmare? I will start out on a quest, then next thing I know, I am crawling in non-related caves and small keeps or just flat out finding new side quest. I was re-leaved when I found out mammoths and giants re spawn. I was sad when I returned to a recently cleared giant camp and found it void of life; a few days later, more giants, Yay! I've ended up just keeping all quest active checked just in case I end up in that area for a larger mission, I can grab small ones while at it. I've been stingy with selecting perks just in case I change my mind on my build but so far, I'm happy with being a mage with a fair amount of combat skill and weaponry.

What is your current character, build, weapons?

I picked female high elf, mage, double enchanted glass armor and weapons.

I know exactly what you mean. Iím even embarrassed by the amount of time I spent trying to get my Kajiit to look like Stinkor before giving up.

Iím playing a male Kajiit conjurer/thief

I know exactly what you mean. Iím even embarrassed by the amount of time I spent trying to get my Kajiit to look like Stinkor before giving up.

Iím playing a male Kajiit conjurer/thief
    I used a present and adjusted hair style color and a thing here and there to make her more appealing to my personal taste.

Has anyone run in the problem in a dungeon with having too much awesome loot. Like really awesome, high end high enchanted ebony and glass items, only to have to decide what to carry out.

Spoiler:

The Dragon Priest? Some are insane to tackle (Krosis and his pet dragon come to mind), while some (an enchated weapon a few potions to weaken them and protect me) go down fast. I wish they had a melee attack because once you get inside their magic comfort zone in a corner with a melee weapon all juiced up, it is end game for the dragon priest

after playing this game a bit more and really really enjoying it I still have to say that I actually have to admit to preferring Oblivion to this one. Sure Skyrim looks nicer but I have more fun playing Oblivion and this game just hasn't hit me with that "WOW" factor that it seems to have hit all of you with

the one thing i'll say is visually it creeps me out. by which i mean that in the real world I'm afraid of heights, and in Skyrim looking down a mountain, I'm afraid of heights. while I know I'm safe in my chair my tensed body and failing nerves don't seem to buy into that knowledge. Of course I could just be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    the one thing i'll say is visually it creeps me out. by which i mean that in the real world I'm afraid of heights, and in Skyrim looking down a mountain, I'm afraid of heights. while I know I'm safe in my chair my tensed body and failing nerves don't seem to buy into that knowledge. Of course I could just be weird.
    i do that too in games...and sometimes movies.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I put 80 hours or so into Oblivion and did everything in that game that could be done. I've played a little Skyrim, but it came out about the same time as the final patch for WoW Cataclysm then now Old Republic. I'll get to it sooner or later....

/needs more time in the day...
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    I used a present and adjusted hair style color and a thing here and there to make her more appealing to my personal taste.

Has anyone run in the problem in a dungeon with having too much awesome loot. Like really awesome, high end high enchanted ebony and glass items, only to have to decide what to carry out.

I had the same problem. If you have a few extra perks you can get an additional 100 carrying capacity in the pickpocket tree.

I had the same problem. If you have a few extra perks you can get an additional 100 carrying capacity in the pickpocket tree.
    I'm hording most of my perks; I've only used what is neccisary to craft weapons and armed and give me a magical and single weapon edge. Oh and archery, archery is priceless in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    Funny I get more dizzy looking up at mountains and high places then I do looking down from them

Using surround sound Astros, I been startled and creeped out playing this game more times than I'd like to admit. I love it.

I haven't finished the game but I've decided to stop playing. The hours were disappearing too quickly.