Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim Addicts Welcome

i rented the game friday night to see if i like it.

i'm going to have to buy it. the only decision now is to buy it for the 360 (like my wife rented it for; located in the game room) or to buy for ps3 (which is located in my living room where i like to hang out). i want it for the ps3, but im lvl 14 now and i really dont know if i want to start over.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i rented the game friday night to see if i like it.

i'm going to have to buy it. the only decision now is to buy it for the 360 (like my wife rented it for; located in the game room) or to buy for ps3 (which is located in my living room where i like to hang out). i want it for the ps3, but im lvl 14 now and i really dont know if i want to start over.
    Avoid the ps3 Skyrim; it is plagued with problems that are not likely to be fixed anytime soon.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Wouldn't mind trying the game. Will it work ok on any PC or do I need certain requirements?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I'm using Geforce 9800 GT, 4 GB memory and a Triple Core Processor. You could run on minimum requirement if you don't meet on Quad Core specs and 4gb Ram.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    Avoid the ps3 Skyrim; it is plagued with problems that are not likely to be fixed anytime soon.
    not necessarily. i have the PS3 one and aside from a little lag when i'm running around and defeated enemies falling through the ground (which has only occured a handful of times), i haven't come across anything. well, i take that back. the guy in markarth that runs the hall of the dead has been hanging around the entrance to understone keep and will automatically initiate a conversion when i'm within 15'. that gets annoying. but nothing major has happened to me with around 90 hours on my file.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    like what? i haven't run into any problems. it locked up on me once (did the same on 360 when i played it on that system) and after playing for 12 hours straight it gets choppy, but a restart of the system fixes that (it's the way the memory is split or something on the PS3 - 360 doesn't split memory). other than that last one, it's indistinguishable from the 360 version.

eta: also, i decided to buy on ps3 because that system is located in my living room where my big chair is. the game room, where the 360 just has a couch and isn't as comfortable for gaming and chillaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    not necessarily. i have the PS3 one and aside from a little lag when i'm running around and defeated enemies falling through the ground (which has only occured a handful of times), i haven't come across anything. well, i take that back. the guy in markarth that runs the hall of the dead has been hanging around the entrance to understone keep and will automatically initiate a conversion when i'm within 15'. that gets annoying. but nothing major has happened to me with around 90 hours on my file.
    i was told that lag happens from moving items around a lot (usually after hours and hours of straight playing) because the ps3 memory is split in half - 256 for gameplay and 256 for graphics. just restart the system when this happens and you should be good to go.

i haven't had any enemies fall through the ground, but i wonder if that's what happened to lydia. she completely disappeared on me and i had to go back to a save from an hour before to get her back. tho someone said if she does disappear, to try and find her at the castle first.
    Last edited by EldestSon; January 6, 2012 at 12:35pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For those wondering about the PS3:
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214971p1.html

My Character:

Name: Klael

Race: Argonian

Sex: Male

Level: 26 (Currently)

Armour: Ancient Shrouded Armor, Ancient Shrouded Gloves, Ancient Shrouded Boots, Nightingale Hood

Weapon: Iron Frost (Iron Warhammer) - 11 Frost Damage every 9 Seconds (I created and Enchanted this weapon by myself starting with Iron Ore and Animal Pelts for that more personal touch to skull cracking)

Memberships: Thieves Guild - Leader / Nightingale, Dark Brotherhood - Listener, College of Winterhold - Arch Mage, Bard's College

Houses: Breezehome (Whiterun), Honeyside (Riften)

Thane: Whiterun, Riften, Morthal

Horse: Shadowmere

Current Problem: Markarth Guard Glitch
    Last edited by wolfsfang; January 6, 2012 at 04:40pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

i went (nearly) full out warrior. my character is crispin bloodfire (fans of elfstones of shannara should recognize both names) and i'm a nord (which my son laughs at me and calls him a nerd). i'm lvl 20 (my 2nd lvl 20 - got there quicker this time around) decked out in ork/dwarven (flawless) armor with flawless skyforge sword and elven sword (has a soul catching enchantment on it) and flawless elven bow. everything i wear/use was made by me except the skyforge sword (tho i did improve it to flawless). my horse is frost (from a quest in rivenwood or whatever - that theives town in the south east). i'm a thane in whiterun. didn't know you could be a thane in other towns as well so i'll have to work on that. my 2nd is lydia who is decked out in full flawless ork armor with a flawless dwarven shield, flawless dwarven bow, and flawless elven sword.

my one hand skill is like 55+ and my smithing is over 60 at this point. i'm bad with names, but last thing i did was infiltrate the thalamor embassy - and now i have to track some blade dude down. i likely will do a bunch of other quests before i get to that one. probably go up to winterhold and then do that quest on top of that mountain (azura or something like that).

also, i know the assassins are going to kidnap me again and i plan on doing the same thing as last time

killing that assassin chick and then getting tasked with clearing the rest of the assassin leaders - there's an easy word in that dungeon - well, easy in that those guys weren't tough with my last character and this one is even tougher and there's only 5 badguys total so it's quick

Someone created a Macho Man mod, I just about died watching this video

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Ooooooohhhhhh yeah!!!!!!!!
    Dig it!!!!!

I was bout to post that video, there is one without the disco inferno song since some areas can't watch it because of copyright infringement.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I used to be world heavyweight champion, oooooooh yeah, then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

earlier today I met a guard who took an arrow to the knee

I know he did cuz I put it there myself

Complete Skyrim addict here. I counted down the days to its release since the initial announcement. I own the collectors edition for the PC and play as an orc for my main character.
    Always looking for new clients!

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Ive been on a daedric artifact treasure hunt spree; just to warn y'all, some of it is really twisted.

Currently I'm level 51. I'm using majika enchanted glass boots gauntlets, master destruction robes, arch Mage circlet, gaulder amulet, ebony blade, sanguine rose (that guy is a beast), spell breaker shield, an assortment of glass and ebony enchanted weapons, and azuras priestess is my follower (she is a tank battle Mage when out in high level armor and weapons, a word of warning for horses and dogs with her, she uses a lot lightening)

Still playing as Klael the Argonian

Currently I'm level 33 and still wearing Ancient Shrouded Armor, Ancient Shrouded Gloves, Ancient Shrouded Boots, Nightingale Hood tho I have upgraded them all to Exquisite.

My latest weapon (which I again created from scratch using ingots and hides) is "Frost Biter" which is a Flawless Dwarven Greatsword with 58 Damage, 19 Weight and deals 12 points of frost damage to Health and Stamina to its target.

I am also now a Werewolf with the Ring of Hircine

I have my smithing, enchanting, and alchemy to 100; I'm doing a great job of avoiding the temptation to exploit the game because I don't want it to feel broken and easy. I had friends that always consoled or used "God" mode in games; I want a challenge. I am mostly a magicka user; I have the weapons & potions for when I want a change of pace or when a good ole drauger death over lord or vampire master who is level matched +5 or so levels.
    Last edited by Southzen; January 9, 2012 at 01:39pm.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I'm probably going to start over again for the heck of it. I was only like level 20 and kinda all over the place, I wanna try to be more focused in the number of quests going at one time and really just take this slow. I mean let's be honest here, it took 3 flipping years to get this one, how long do you suppose it'll be before the next one? Assuming there'll be another one.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I have a question, in Morrowind you could create a basic intelligence boosting potion, drink it, and then use the resulting boost to craft an even better intelligence potion with higher boost levels & time. As long as you had the ingredients you chain creating INT potions to get a massive boost, this would help you develop Alchemy quickly (I believe INT was the biggest factor in potion quality) and as a secondary benefit the increased intelligence helped you instill better enchantments.

Does this still work in Skyrim?
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; January 9, 2012 at 02:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i went (nearly) full out warrior. my character is crispin bloodfire (fans of elfstones of shannara should recognize both names) and i'm a nord (which my son laughs at me and calls him a nerd). i'm lvl 20 (my 2nd lvl 20 - got there quicker this time around) decked out in ork/dwarven (flawless) armor with flawless skyforge sword and elven sword (has a soul catching enchantment on it) and flawless elven bow. everything i wear/use was made by me except the skyforge sword (tho i did improve it to flawless). my horse is frost (from a quest in rivenwood or whatever - that theives town in the south east). i'm a thane in whiterun. didn't know you could be a thane in other towns as well so i'll have to work on that. my 2nd is lydia who is decked out in full flawless ork armor with a flawless dwarven shield, flawless dwarven bow, and flawless elven sword.

my one hand skill is like 55+ and my smithing is over 60 at this point. i'm bad with names, but last thing i did was infiltrate the thalamor embassy - and now i have to track some blade dude down. i likely will do a bunch of other quests before i get to that one. probably go up to winterhold and then do that quest on top of that mountain (azura or something like that).

also, i know the assassins are going to kidnap me again and i plan on doing the same thing as last time

killing that assassin chick and then getting tasked with clearing the rest of the assassin leaders - there's an easy word in that dungeon - well, easy in that those guys weren't tough with my last character and this one is even tougher and there's only 5 badguys total so it's quick
    well now i'm decked out in complete legendary dragonplate - hand crafted by yours truly. yeah, i have 100 smithing! i also have a sword i got from a blade hide out. it's a katana. it's legendary too. everything i use is legendary. i do so much damage with my sword that i had to take lydia's melee weapons away and have her rely on her bow. she kept jumping in front of me and getting one shotted.

does anyone know if the followers have max levels? because despite her being fully decked out in epic ebony, she goes down quickly...that didn't come out right...you know what i mean.

oh and i'm now lvl 33.

btw, if you get thrown in the markath jail, be very careful when you escape. if you hit any of your fellow escapees (and it's nearly impossible) they will all immediately attack you. it's best just to stay out of combat till you have your gear.
    Last edited by EldestSon; January 9, 2012 at 02:14pm.

I've got a question about the game, is it FP point of view? I have a hard time adjusting to that view, but I REALLY want this game. so if its strictly FP POV how long does it really take to acclimate to it?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I have a question, in Morrowind you could create a basic intelligence boosting potion, drink it, and then use the resulting boost to craft an even better intelligence potion. This would help you develop Alchemy quickly (I believe INT was the biggest factor in potion quality) and as a secondary benefit the increased intelligence helped you instill better enchantments.

Does this still work in Skyrim?
    there are pots and enchantments (on items) that raise your abilities, however, afaik, there's no "INT" ability (at least, not one you can raise - and there's no pot or enchantment that add to INT).

when you level, you can raise your Magika (which i believe increases your pool of magika and i THINK something else to do with magic, but I'm not totally sure), health, and stamina (which lets you sprint, use power attacks in melee, and raises your carrying capacity). there are item enchantments, pots, and even blessings that raise all of these.

there are also things to raise sub-categories of those. for example, something that raises ONLY your carrying capacity.

now, in addition to all that when you level you get a point to spend on a perk. perk's include smithing, one-handed weapons, enchanting, destruction (spells category), etc. each perk spent in one of those trees gives you an additional ability or something. for example, if you buy the first one-handed weapon perk, you get plus 20% to one-handed weapon damage. i think the first smithing perk allows you to make steel armors and weapons (while the last one allows you make dragonplate armors). there are pots and enchantments that raise these as well.

so you could use a pot to increase your enchanting and enchant at a higher level for a small amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I've got a question about the game, is it FP point of view? I have a hard time adjusting to that view, but I REALLY want this game. so if its strictly FP POV how long does it really take to acclimate to it?
    i'm the same way. thankfully, you can switch from FP to third person. On the 360 and PS3, you click/press the right(?) joystick. it won't let you do it immediately though. you have to get through about 10 minutes of the game (most of which you can't really do anything - you can look around, but you can't decide where you move; then a bit after that (i think once you learn how to jump you can switch).

i switch to FP when i'm looting shelves as it's easier to aim at items that are out in the open...especially when they are packed tight together (like books).
    Last edited by EldestSon; January 9, 2012 at 02:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    You can change the view from first person to third.

So who else is addicted to making their own equipment all the way from mining for ore and hunting animals for pelts - to the actual creating of ingots and leather / strips - to creating the weapon / armour - to enchanting them with soul gems - to upgrading them at workbenches and grindstones?

Sure stuff you make may not be as powerful as some stuff you find on your travels but I think it a more personal touch when you are adventuring