Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 155

Thread: Skyrim Addicts Welcome

  1. #76
    HUHHHH! Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    So I can't become glittery and brooding? NOOOOO!!!!!! damn it! What have I done!!!
    Good news SOF, you're not in a Cullen family.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

    Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

  2. #77
    Master of Odors Stinkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    So I can't become glittery and brooding? NOOOOO!!!!!! damn it! What have I done!!!
    You'd have to kill your wolf spirit and then get infected with vampirsim to have access to the Bella Swan quest but being a werewolf is much better than a vampire in Skyrim.

    The only werewolf downside is that you don't get rest bonuses.

  3. #78
    Heroic Warrior Southzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On The Bayou
    Posts
    634
    I know the awesomeness if Skyrim is not getting hijacked by Twilight!

    And yeah, being a werewolf in Skyrim is much better than being a vampire, where you are weakened in too many ways for it to be of any benefit. Not to mention once you reach stage four, you will find it nearly impossible to complete quest or interact with others. I've contracted the disease twice, but a quick pop of potion gets rid of it before it becomes nearly impossible to cure without a long quest play through (provided the character you need hasn't died).

    I still find new and interesting nooks and crannies in this world every day; some just leave me staring at the screen for a few moments. I must have watched a dragon lazily fly around the area around White run for 10 or more minutes from a nearby cliff side last night. Sometimes new perspectives of some of the areas I frequented make me stop for a second and take it in.

    I don't know how any MOTUC fan that plays video games isn't into the this game.

  4. #79
    Evil Master of Warcraft
    GeologyMule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Knoxvegas, TN
    Posts
    5,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    I don't know how any MOTUC fan that plays video games isn't into the this game.
    It's a cool game, but I am having to force myself into it. To ME, the quests are not easy to follow, it's annoying to find my horse, having to go through menus to look at my armor/weapons, spells and abilities, and to me the crafting profession doesn't seem to have a lot of direction.

    With that said, I may be spoiled and used to playing MMOs. I can summon my mount without having to find it, my armor/weapons, abilities are laid out in a character sheet, and the crafting professions are easy to follow. The graphics are nice, but that doesn't make up for the lack of a mouse (I'm talking the 360 version). I'm not saying the game is bad, but it is hard for me to adjust.
    Last edited by GeologyMule; January 16, 2012 at 03:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

    Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980


  5. #80
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    It's a cool game, but I am having to force myself into it. To ME, the quests are not easy to follow, it's annoying to find my horse, having to go through menus to look at my armor/weapons, spells and abilities, and to me the crafting profession doesn't seem to have a lot of direction.

    With that said, I may be spoiled and used to playing MMOs. I can summon my mount without having to find it, my armor/weapons, abilities are laid out in a character sheet, and the crafting professions are easy to follow. The graphics are nice, but that doesn't make up for the lack of a mouse (I'm talking the 360 version). I'm not saying the game is bad, but it is hard for me to adjust.
    you can activate quests and then press a button to see where to go. make sure you don't have too many quests active at a time (i usually only have one so it's easier to follow on the compass).

    the horse is a little wonky (i don't even really use them since you can usually fast travel near something and then run to it; and they aren't that much faster than running; some will fight for you which gets them killed; of course i had one get killed while i was trying to get off of it), but a trick with horses and followers is to fast travel to somewhere you've been and they will appear next to you.

    for weapons, armor, etc, you can mark them as favorites, then press the up button (on consoles) to open your favs menu and cycle through them.

  6. #81
    Master of Odors Stinkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    It's a cool game, but I am having to force myself into it. To ME, the quests are not easy to follow, it's annoying to find my horse, having to go through menus to look at my armor/weapons, spells and abilities, and to me the crafting profession doesn't seem to have a lot of direction.

    With that said, I may be spoiled and used to playing MMOs. I can summon my mount without having to find it, my armor/weapons, abilities are laid out in a character sheet, and the crafting professions are easy to follow. The graphics are nice, but that doesn't make up for the lack of a mouse (I'm talking the 360 version). I'm not saying the game is bad, but it is hard for me to adjust.
    I know what you mean. At first, I was enjoying the game and played so much that I felt I should stop for awhile. Now I can't get back into it. Its gotten boring and repetitive. How many Falmer and Drauger can you kill before it gets old?

  7. #82
    LIKE A HERMIT! mightybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    remote island
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    the horse is a little wonky (i don't even really use them since you can usually fast travel near something and then run to it; and they aren't that much faster than running; some will fight for you which gets them killed; of course i had one get killed while i was trying to get off of it), but a trick with horses and followers is to fast travel to somewhere you've been and they will appear next to you.
    the biggest advantage of a horse for me was that i didn't have to worry about grabbing too much loot in a dungeon. as soon as i ssslllooowwwlllyyy made it outside, i could hop on the horse and fast travel to town. having a follower would help, but they soon run out of space as well! but after maxing out smithing (and to a lesser extent, enchanting) i had no use for any weapons or armor that i haven't made myself*. the only things i really collect now are gold, items that restore health, and soul gems.

    *except for those cool ghost weapons. if i find a way to upgrade them or craft stronger ones on my own, i will definitely switch out for those!

  8. #83
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    the biggest advantage of a horse for me was that i didn't have to worry about grabbing too much loot in a dungeon. as soon as i ssslllooowwwlllyyy made it outside, i could hop on the horse and fast travel to town. having a follower would help, but they soon run out of space as well! but after maxing out smithing (and to a lesser extent, enchanting) i had no use for any weapons or armor that i haven't made myself*. the only things i really collect now are gold, items that restore health, and soul gems.

    *except for those cool ghost weapons. if i find a way to upgrade them or craft stronger ones on my own, i will definitely switch out for those!
    there's a trick to the follower. either throw stuff on the ground and then order your follower to pick it up or have your follower loot everything from a given chest or whatever (the only thing they won't loot is a dragon as far as i can tell). this gets around their carry restrictions.

  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior Southzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On The Bayou
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    *except for those cool ghost weapons. if i find a way to upgrade them or craft stronger ones on my own, i will definitely switch out for those!
    some weapons and armor are unique items, ill grab glass, dragon and ebony to make new stuff with trying mix enchantments, sometimes double enchantments stack well. I pass up a lot of it though. The Ghostblade is one such, it is like the spectral weapons except it ignores armor. Im not sure about the other spectral weapons but the Ghostblade can be upgraded on smithing wheel with 3 ectoplasm.

  10. #85
    I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hammond, IN.
    Posts
    629
    I just learned about smithing iron daggers to build your smithing levels up. I jumped from whatever they start you at to level 54 in a days play. Bestest of all is that It's not cheating! Whoo hoo!!

  11. #86
    LIKE A HERMIT! mightybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    remote island
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    there's a trick to the follower. either throw stuff on the ground and then order your follower to pick it up or have your follower loot everything from a given chest or whatever (the only thing they won't loot is a dragon as far as i can tell). this gets around their carry restrictions.
    smooth. i'll have to remember that trick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    some weapons and armor are unique items, ill grab glass, dragon and ebony to make new stuff with trying mix enchantments, sometimes double enchantments stack well. I pass up a lot of it though. The Ghostblade is one such, it is like the spectral weapons except it ignores armor. Im not sure about the other spectral weapons but the Ghostblade can be upgraded on smithing wheel with 3 ectoplasm.
    i don't have the weapon called "ghostblade", just some generic spectral weapons. bows and one handed weapons, i believe. i gathered them in labyrinthian. good to know there's at least one upgradeable weapon like that out there. i don't even care about the enchantments when it comes to spectral weapons. they just look too cool!

    one of my friends had been telling me about his dog in the game for a while, but i didn't find one myself until last night. but then he died while i fought bandits 10 minutes later...

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    there's a quest with a dog and that one will follow you around until you finish the quest line. since he's an important quest npc, he can't die. i can't remember the "city" it starts in. it's in the southwest, but it's not the dwarven city on the mountain. it's the one close to the dark brotherhood. quest starts with a guard telling you the smith is looking for a good dog as you walk in.

    anyway, the dog is really annoying. he continually pushes into you and stands next to you. he almost pushed me off a cliff when i was exiting a cave. and he makes it really hard to get things off of shelves because he's constantly pushing you out of position.

  13. #88
    Master of Odors Stinkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    there's a quest with a dog and that one will follow you around until you finish the quest line. since he's an important quest npc, he can't die. i can't remember the "city" it starts in. it's in the southwest, but it's not the dwarven city on the mountain. it's the one close to the dark brotherhood. quest starts with a guard telling you the smith is looking for a good dog as you walk in.

    anyway, the dog is really annoying. he continually pushes into you and stands next to you. he almost pushed me off a cliff when i was exiting a cave. and he makes it really hard to get things off of shelves because he's constantly pushing you out of position.
    I think you mean Barbas. You are correct about him being annoying. The other dogs are less annoying (if you can deal with the constant barking) and shouldn't die unless you deal the final blow. Look up Meeko's Shack to get a free dog.

  14. #89
    LIKE A HERMIT! mightybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    remote island
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I think you mean Barbas. You are correct about him being annoying. The other dogs are less annoying (if you can deal with the constant barking) and shouldn't die unless you deal the final blow. Look up Meeko's Shack to get a free dog.
    yeah, meeko was the one i accidentally killed. he was attacking the same bandit as me, not sure if he was off to the side or if the bandit was between us. kinda sucked that he died so early, but like EldestSon said, the constant pushing that NPCs do has caused me to just go adventuring solo. plus i don't want to risk getting my housecarl wife killed.

    incidentally, my first housecarl was killed while i explored the dwemer ruins in markarth. i was fighting off several spheres and one of the centurions (that's the name of the really big ones, right?) and lost sight of my sidekick. i was losing the battle fast, when i remembered having a powerful fire scroll. i used it to kill the robot, but couldn't find my housecarl. then i dove into the water from the high ledge and saw her corpse floating nearby. i don't know for sure if the fall would have killed her or if it was the scroll i used, but i suspect it was the latter and that bums me out. she always made me smile when she would begrudgingly carry all the junk i had lying around.

  15. #90
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,083
    I always go adventuring solo for those very reasons. NPC followers do nothing but get in your way and either stop you from picking stuff up or pulling levers because they just won't move or else they jump in your way and get killed when you hit them with the swing of your massive axe which was meant for the Draugr in front of you
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,903


    figure some of you might get a kick out of this.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    271
    Somewhere bewteen Skyrim and Arkham City is how a new MOTU vid game should be made

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior Flor2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    MINNEAPOLIS
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragar View Post
    Somewhere bewteen Skyrim and Arkham City is how a new MOTU vid game should be made
    Now THIS is a good idea.

  19. #94
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    i beat the 2 main quests last week. i was level 51 decked out in draeda armor and dual wielding draeda swords so it was pretty easy.

    i decided to start over with a rogue (who uses magic) dark elf character. i used the exploit during the tuturial opening and got my stealth and one handed up a bit.

    pick pocketing is one of the worst skills ever. w/o pots or enchantments (not really that available at low level) it's difficult to level up. i get caught 90% of the time which forces me to have to pay a fine and loose all of my stolen goods.

    it's much easier to just walk in a store, sneak, and steal when hidden. i mostly steal crafting goods and money - so i don't have to worry about selling it later. tho that will change soon since i started the theives quest.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I always go adventuring solo for those very reasons. NPC followers do nothing but get in your way and either stop you from picking stuff up or pulling levers because they just won't move or else they jump in your way and get killed when you hit them with the swing of your massive axe which was meant for the Draugr in front of you
    yeah, with my tank character i liked either the azura priestess or aela since they mostly fought at range. now with my new thief/mage character tho sometimes i use ranged spells, but it doesn't help having a tank. i've already killed 2 followers. i didn't bother reloading. now i just solo.

  20. #95
    Heroic Warrior Southzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On The Bayou
    Posts
    634
    I waited until this week to finish the main quest line. I started it at level 62; that one part with all the draugr was a pain in the ***. They were all level matched or higher death lords or over lords. I am still using the same character because unless you commit perks, you aren't necessarily married to anything other than race and sex. Mjol is an unkillable npc, or so I'm told. I married her for that reason, an always easy access tank follower. I'm getting tired of her, so tonight I am going to fus ro dah her off a mountain and see just how unkillable she is I am currently working through the dark brotherhood quest, along with the deadric quest, this stuff is twisted. But I guess dragon shouting your wife off a mountain because you are tired of her isn't the nicest way. It isn't my fault bethesda didn't include a devorce option.

  21. #96
    Master of Odors Stinkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    I waited until this week to finish the main quest line. I started it at level 62; that one part with all the draugr was a pain in the ***. They were all level matched or higher death lords or over lords. I am still using the same character because unless you commit perks, you aren't necessarily married to anything other than race and sex. Mjol is an unkillable npc, or so I'm told. I married her for that reason, an always easy access tank follower. I'm getting tired of her, so tonight I am going to fus ro dah her off a mountain and see just how unkillable she is I am currently working through the dark brotherhood quest, along with the deadric quest, this stuff is twisted. But I guess dragon shouting your wife off a mountain because you are tired of her isn't the nicest way. It isn't my fault bethesda didn't include a devorce option.
    I also married Mjoll. I feel betrayed that she married you as well. It’s a sad day in Skyrim when you can’t trust your virtual RPG wife to stay faithful.

  22. #97
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    my tank married aela. he's whipped.

    i don't think my rogue will have any other followers till i get to quests where i can't sneak attack with a bow any more.

  23. #98
    Heroic Warrior Flor2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    MINNEAPOLIS
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    pick pocketing is one of the worst skills ever. w/o pots or enchantments (not really that available at low level) it's difficult to level up. i get caught 90% of the time which forces me to have to pay a fine and loose all of my stolen goods.
    I just saved before every pickpocket and got to 100 in one day.

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior Southzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On The Bayou
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I also married Mjoll. I feel betrayed that she married you as well. It’s a sad day in Skyrim when you can’t trust your virtual RPG wife to stay faithful.
    As for her little psycho stalker that still followers her around in my houses. I'm going to take her on a mission, tell her to wait, watch him start to stroll away like he usually does when I do that, then I am going to Master level lightening storm his annoying creepy butt. Then, I'm going to try to Fus Ro Dah her off a mountain side! I've had to restart more saves because a follower was caught in my Fus right over a bridge, casm, or whatever (a few met their end against a wall at low health).

    Oh, I have level 100 conjuration (okay, I am level 100 in all majicka), I can now cast two thralls, atranocs, zombies, or dremora, it is blissful to sit back and watch the two twin dremora run around yelling "I smell the blood of the weak" LOL Also, if you want heavy armor but don't want to waste perks, reach level 90 conjuration and do all the college of winterhold quest, and you can craft daedric armor all you want without smithing perks. Also, I am now finding all the armor types I want in world once I hit level 65. It is also awesome to cast master level destruction and watch the world around you come to an end. So my friends asked last night, "how did you kill so and so" I respond "I blew up the room in flames and killed everything at once!"


    Edit 1-26-2012: I Fus Ro Dah'ed Mjol right off the top of the Throat of the World , by the time her body hit anything she was at the edge of disappearing. Confirmed, unkillable NPC follower. I took her through a few dungeons and did master level destruction spells that wiped out even the Draugr Death Lords while she was downed, she stood up right after the rampaging chaos still breathing. I guess my character is married to an immortal.
    Last edited by Southzen; January 27, 2012 at 11:05am.

  25. #100
    MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the middle of the Baltic Sea
    Posts
    360
    Anyone made a MOTU character like King Grayskull, Vikor or Teela?


    Also, on SkyrimNexus there are some MOTU related mods:

    Masters of the Universe Prince Adam outfit
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5549

    True Skeletor
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6771#

    Skeletor Nightingale Armor Retex - male only
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1254

    Obligatory Chainmail Bikini (Battleground Teela?)
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=45

    New Skyrim Mounts - Sabrecat- Mammoth - Bear
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imagesha...e.php?id=13039


    No Power Sword or Havok Staff yet, but I'm sure there is a modder who would give it a go

    I know there is a Power Sword mod for Oblivion, so why not Skyrim?

    Ovlivion mods:
    Techno Power Sword
    http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16164

    Power Sword
    http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16178


    Found this 'Mod Request'
    http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.ph...1#entry3790217



    ----------------

    This is what I would love to see:

    Complete He-Man outfit
    - He-Man hair (a disguised helmet)
    - Wristband gauntlets
    - Furry boots and pants
    - Power Armor
    - Shield
    - Sword
    - Axe
    - Techno Sword (so you also can make King Grayskull)
    + a Battle Cat mount with saddle
    (maybe a shout: 'I HAVE THE POWER!' with some boost abillities)

    Complete Skeletor outfit
    - Armor
    - Sword
    - Havok staff
    - Loincloth
    - Boot shins
    - Gloves with clawlike nails
    - Skeletor mask with hood
    + a Panthor mount with saddle

    Teela
    - Armor
    - Sword
    - Shield
    - Snake staff
    - Snake armor

    And a mod there your skin can be blue (Skeletor/Orko/Faker)


    Any thoughts of what powerstats the different parts shoud have?

    Example
    Power Armor: Resist magic 60% and Increases your health by 70 points
    Wristband gauntlets: Increase one-handed by 50% and ???
    Last edited by Marwarscreator; February 4, 2012 at 12:46pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"
    -------------------------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •