Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim Addicts Welcome

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I married Ysolda, true she doesn't help with combat, but then again she doesn't get in the way either. I think I made a good choice.

I aint ever getting married. No woman is going to tie down this thieving mass murdering Argonian and if they try they is gonna get an axe to the head

AN AXE TO THE HEAD I TELL YOU
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I aint ever getting married. No woman is going to tie down this thieving mass murdering Argonian and if they try they is gonna get an axe to the head

AN AXE TO THE HEAD I TELL YOU
    but you get free food and moneys every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Marwarscreator View Post
    Anyone made a MOTU character like King Grayskull, Vikor or Teela?
    i recall seeing a he-man on youtube, but i'm not sure if i found through the boards or if i came across it on my own. i can't remember if there was any modded armor or not. i didn't think it looked that much like he-man, so it may have just used in-game equipment.

i don't plan on making any MOTU characters, but when i first started messing with the character creation i thought about making mohawk storm. i still need to check all the different clothing options to see if anything would match her iconic punk outfit.

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    i don't plan on making any MOTU characters, but when i first started messing with the character creation i thought about making mohawk storm. i still need to check all the different clothing options to see if anything would match her iconic punk outfit.
    For fun I tried to make a character look like Adam/He-Man, but failed - I'll try again if I can find a good facemod

I play my main character as a stealth warrior, and who better:

Attached Images Attached Images
    -------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    I married Ysolda, true she doesn't help with combat, but then again she doesn't get in the way either. I think I made a good choice.
    I lost some game saves (15 or so levels worth) when I traded in my old early adoption G1 360 for a new shiny (well it is matte) 360. I was able to chose a new wife; I chose Ysolda too. My new follower is the dark elf mage from the college; she doesn't get in the way near as much. Most of the time, she sits back away from combat with conjuration spells and uses staves often (I gave a her a full allotment). I am back up to level 63, I was at 65. With Kingdoms of Armular coming out tomorrow; Skyrim may get back burnered.

I almost have alchemy up to 100; even ancient dragons only take 4 - 6 hits to kill with my new array of weapons (I guess I could make stronger, but it sometimes feels excessive enough at where I am) if I'm not in the mood for a drawn out fight. The master level destruction spells do work on most enemies; I sometimes creepy into the middle of them using sneak spells and boots, then charge and WHAM, empty space, which is why I went with a follower that fights at a distance.

All around awesome guy sirdanimal's Avatar
    Not sure if this was already asked or not, but my Nord is now a vampire. Everyone attacks me on sight, and all I want to do is complete a few quests. How do I cure this unfortunate disease?
    "You're killing me, Smalls!"
    "I'm on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen!"

Quote Originally Posted by sirdanimal View Post
    Everyone attacks me on sight
    That is why I'm a werewolf (not transforming a whole lot, but is immune to all diseases)

Vampirism and how to cure it

That is why I'm a werewolf (not transforming a whole lot, but is immune to all diseases)

Vampirism and how to cure it
    Make sure you are fed when you go see Fallion or he will attack you on site. I think doing the companion's quest to become a werewolf cures it too, you can be cured of that too. I always carry a couple cure disease potions and visit shrines often just in case.

Here is another page on vampires and a video on how to cure:
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-elder-s...yrim/Vampirism
    Last edited by Southzen; February 7, 2012 at 10:36am.

All around awesome guy sirdanimal's Avatar
    Thanks all! My vampire Nord is immune to poisons, which is a plus. But not being able to regenerate health or stamina in the day time is a royal pain in the nether regions.
    "You're killing me, Smalls!"
    "I'm on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen!"

It doesn't have to be a woman.

I tried to make a Stinkor Khajiit. It didn't quite work out.

I have to admit, I played around with the settings in the character creation to make an evil lyn. Got pretty close. I just couldn't at through everything twice. If I did make a new character I would use a level exploit and let my one of my friends play throughout a majority of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    I have to admit, I played around with the settings in the character creation to make an evil lyn. Got pretty close. I just couldn't at through everything twice. If I did make a new character I would use a level exploit and let my one of my friends play throughout a majority of the game.
    what if you spent the second game just focusing on the main quest?

i was reading an interview on game informer with one of the guys at bethesda. they have a speed run competition between the designers and QA once they finish a game. i don't recall which side won, but they both finished the main quest in just over two hours. in order to get such a speedy time, they not only take the shortest paths, but they also refrained from leveling up. i know they had played through the game dozens of times already and have a familiarity with the game unlike anyone else, but it does make the idea of playing a second or third time more appealing.

i tried to play my first character as a good guy (tho some quests made that difficult in that they forced me to murder people) tank. my second character is totally evil and is a thief/assassin. a lot of the same quests and dungeons, but some of the quests play out differently. and i'm finding quests I didn't do before.

btw, do we ever find out who "a friend" is?

what if you spent the second game just focusing on the main quest?

i was reading an interview on game informer with one of the guys at bethesda. they have a speed run competition between the designers and QA once they finish a game. i don't recall which side won, but they both finished the main quest in just over two hours. in order to get such a speedy time, they not only take the shortest paths, but they also refrained from leveling up. i know they had played through the game dozens of times already and have a familiarity with the game unlike anyone else, but it does make the idea of playing a second or third time more appealing.
    Because I've HAD to play the main quest twice already; it doesn't get any better. I did speed run the main quest, of course, I am sure they know some things I don't, it took me way more than 2 hours. The main quest is designed to take 10-20 hours. Even the cut scenes, dialog, and blasted loading screens (those things do take the 'fu' out of fun and put it in front of another two letters) take more than 2 hours alone. Having to go through many of the side quest again, the thieves guild side quest are just garbage, I would rather play another game. I have pretty much tossed Skyrim into my game drawer and started playing Kingdoms of Armular, the combat system alone on that game is great.

If you are trying to play this game and do many missions, even the 'good' guys have quest that make you betray yourself as a good character.

Also, on SkyrimNexus there are some MOTU related mods:

Masters of the Universe Prince Adam outfit

True Skeletor

Skeletor Nightingale Armor Retex - male only

Obligatory Chainmail Bikini (Battleground Teela?)

New Skyrim Mounts - Sabrecat- Mammoth - Bear

No Power Sword or Havok Staff yet, but I'm sure there is a modder who would give it a go

I know there is a Power Sword mod for Oblivion, so why not Skyrim?

Ovlivion mods:

Techno Power Sword

Power Sword

Found this 'Mod Request'
    Mod Request Masters of the Universe Original He-man armor, sword, axe, shield
    One step closer:

Armored SabreCat Mount

finally got around to finishing the main quest. there are still a lot of other things to do, like finish the dark brotherhood quests and collect the remaining shouts, but i'm going to save them for whenever DLC is released. have a dozen other games have been calling me since christmas and it's about time i give them some attention.

I jumped into Kingdoms of Amular, and have been playing random matches of CODBLOPS & Gears3 with friends. It isn't too bad, the combat is fun and challenging (in a good way). The graphics, characters, beastiesand scenery are if Fable mated with Warcraft to have a baby and used too much pixy dust for baby power; ie they are interesting and fun. I am starting to wish I had a great pc that I could've played Skyrim on, mostly because some of the mods look like so much fun. And I will cry the day someone actually gets a full Battle Cat mod out there.

I almost got married today, came really really close. But then I transformed into my Werewolf beast form and slaughtered my bride to be.

Now that was a close one

I almost got married today, came really really close. But then I transformed into my Werewolf beast form and slaughtered my bride to be.

Now that was a close one
    haha, that's great. were you inside the temple when you transformed?

yes I was, best time to do it. I then went on a killing spree in Riften

I found a great deal on a used copy for PS3 yesterday, so I had to pick it up. I haven't started yet, but I'm excited to. Any tips/tricks for a newbie?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

today i threw a daedra off a cliff and then pushed the skeletal remains of a dragon across skyrim...using raise zombie.

I would save my perks from leveling up until you reach about level 20 because you may find later you prefer to have them a certain way. Also, you find armor and weapons based on your level. Also, when you get to white run, do all the missions for the jarl there until you can buy a house to stash some of your loot. Sell the dragon bones and scales; after a certain point in the game dragons spawn as much as anything else. I am level 64 with sets of dragon armors and I still have 100 or so of both scales and bones. They are heavy and useless until your smithing is level 100. Books level skills fast you find ones related to skills and use trainers if you can afford it. Alchemy money maker; there are a few webs sites with potion formulas. Side quest when you can; you'll get loot, xp, weapons and monies. And sometimes it is one of the interesting twisted daedric
    Quest.
    Last edited by Southzen; February 20, 2012 at 11:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    you've done everything???

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I found a great deal on a used copy for PS3 yesterday, so I had to pick it up. I haven't started yet, but I'm excited to. Any tips/tricks for a newbie?
    definitely examine all the items on the different skill trees. there may be some skills you frequently use, but don't necessarily need the perks associated with them. for example, i sneak and lockpick all the time but only saw one or two perks in their respective skill trees that interested me. they all had a few prerequisites and i didn't think it was worth spending the few points i had at my disposal to get them. you will have plenty of time to unlock all the perks that are essential to your character, so it is okay to branch out here and there. just keep in mind what perks you really want and make sure you use points getting to where you want to be. i think the level cap is 80, so you've got just as many points to spend on perks.

just as there are two types of armor (light and heavy), there are two branches of smithing. once you've decided the type of armor you want to wear, you really just need to focus on that side of the smithing tree. the only reason you'd want to forge light and heavy equipment is so you can upgrade armor more frequently or to make quick cash. and speaking of equipment, you'll want to spend time enchanting it. you're only as good as your equipment, and enchanting can make a good weapon/armor even better.

dwemer artifacts. they're heavy. don't take anything you can't smelt, unless it's for a quest.

cooking can be used to make better food items, but it doesn't play a role in making your character stronger. if you're going to be swiping all the food and potions you see, you won't need to spend time cooking.