Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 068 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 068 Discussion!

Episode 068 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode we discuss
    Power-Con MOTUC figure reveals,
    the 30th anniversary subline,
    the create-a-character contest,
    the Star Sisters
    and more!

MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
    (none)

MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
    The Mighty Spector
    Slush Head

Intro/Outro info:
    (none)

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Georg Schwitters also know as THE_RAW on the forums. George is a freelance fine art and commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.myspace.com/georgschwitters

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 03 minutes, 53 seconds

Direct link for Episode 068

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

I feel like you've declared war on my ear-holes lately! I can barely keep up with all of it. This is in no way a bad thing. Thanks for the hard work putting these out!

Oh my. It's THAT episode.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Val, you're a gooble producing machine!
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar

"Poochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine!" -- Homer Simpson
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Great show, you guys really went into depth about Spector.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks gents and MUH-dam.

Help me out JVS3.

Was you trying to say separate the Create A Character contest from the 30th Anniversary line?

And then make the Create A Character contest where the fans vote on "x" number of submissions for "x" spots.

Sorry. for some reason I had a hard time trying to understand what you was trying to convey/say.

Personally I never saw the Create a character as part of the 30th anniversary sub.

Personally I like The Mighty Spector. Honest. No sarcasm. He has grown on me.

My super big question about The Mighty Spector is with his time travel bit he could have gone back in time and help save Princess Adora. or could he. ok. two big questions.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    My super big question about The Mighty Spector is with his time travel bit he could have gone back in time and help save Princess Adora. or could he. ok. two big questions.
    I look at this way: everything in life happens for a reason. If you go back in time and stop Adora from being kidnapped, then the Rebellion on Etheria suffers because they don't have their future champion to protect them from the Horde. You help out one side (the Eternians), but make it worse for the other (the Etherians).

To me, the idea of a time travelling character is a very bad thing. What happens if the character alters history for the worse? Essentially, a time travelling character who is fixing things in the past is playing God. The only way I could like a character like Spector would be if he was using time travel to protect the past from being altered by an evil being from the future.

Mmmm... maybe one of the characters submitted for the "create-a-character" contest could be made into an evil time travelling character as an enemy for Spector. That could be cool! Whether it be Dr Who or the Terminator, every time travelling hero has to have a time travelling villain to even the odds a little.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 1, 2012 at 01:23am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

He could go back in time and prevent Marlena from meeting Randor and ruin other things as well.

The 30th line really wasn't well thought out. It's kind of random other than Photog. I'm just glad it gave The Horsemen a window to create Draego Man.

Loved the mini discussion on the Star Sisters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I look at this way: everything in life happens for a reason. If you go back in time and stop Adora from being kidnapped, then the Rebellion on Etheria suffers because they don't have their future champion to protect them from the Horde.
    I thought of that and came up with that a note/reminder is made. It would state that once you rescue Princess Adora etheria will be without a protector.

Then the masters(or someone(s)) come up with a plan to send someone(s) over to help/lead the rebels.

I thought of that and came up with that a note/reminder is made. It would state that once you rescue Princess Adora etheria will be without a protector.

Then the masters(or someone(s)) come up with a plan to send someone(s) over to help/lead the rebels.
    If you have the power to stop Adora from being kidnapped, then why not go back further and stop Horde Prime from being born? That is the main problem I have with time travel characters: where does it end? Would life even be worth living if someone like The Mighty Spector was always mucking around with your destiny and changing things?
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 1, 2012 at 02:06am.

www.hemanworld.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Spector could save The Sorceress from dying.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    If you have the power to stop Adora from being kidnapped, then why not go back further and stop Horde Prime from being born? That is the main problem I have with time travel characters: where does it end? Would life even be worth living if someone like The Mighty Spector was always mucking around with your destiny and changing things?
    Got a point there.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post

The 30th line really wasn't well thought out. It's kind of random other than Photog. I'm just glad it gave The Horsemen a window to create Draego Man.

I agree. I imagined something similar what you said in the Podcast.

This concept feel a little bit cheap to me...

What sucks is this was a once in a few years opportunity to get the extra budget. Hopefully the next three figures are great.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    What sucks is this was a once in a few years opportunity to get the extra budget. Hopefully the next three figures are great.
    I wouldn't rely on that

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Awesome the Gooble again!
    But just 1hour? Gimme some like Episode 59 or 50

Was you trying to say separate the Create A Character contest from the 30th Anniversary line?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Awesome the Gooble again!
    But just 1hour? Gimme some like Episode 59 or 50
    On average, they are about 1 and a half hours. but during these last few episodes we went on unrelated tangents about personal stuff and/or there were technical mishaps, etc, and chunks got edited out.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Yep, i guess i noticed some editing.
    Still a very cool and informative episode
    You have some preferrable ideas about the 30th anniversary line.

By the way thank you very much for all the work you put in, to get us entertained!
    In my opinion it´s playing a big part in keeping MotU alive.
    Everyone should be aware of that.

Completely agree with the spade on the chest, Val. Instant aesthetic points for changing that to something more fitting.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Hilarious!

The problem I have with Mighty Spector's design is that it is missing a coherent theme. Mighty Spector's concept is completely "disjointed".

ANY other MotU figure has a theme that goes through name, design, and abilities. But Spector?

1. I do not see the spade fitting the time travel theme
    2. I do not see the time travel theme fitting the name
    3. I do not see the name fitting the spade
    4. I do not see the costume fitting the time travel theme

A MotU time travel figure would have an hour glass or a clock as a symbol. It would have a name like "Infinitor". Its costume would have time travel references.

I mean this is the character my 9 year old nephew entered into RoyalT1us' contest some time ago

It has the same problem that there is no real theme - but it looks still more like MOTU than MS... *g*

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The problem I have with Mighty Spector's design is that it is missing a coherent theme. Mighty Spector's concept is completely "disjointed".

ANY other MotU figure has a theme that goes through name, design, and abilities. But Spector?

1. I do not see the spade fitting the time travel theme
    2. I do not see the time travel theme fitting the name
    3. I do not see the name fitting the spade
    4. I do not see the costume fitting the time travel theme

A MotU time travel figure would have an hour glass or a clock as a symbol. It would have a name like "Infinitor". Its costume would have time travel references.
    Everything this man said.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Excellent thorough discussion!
    I pretty much agree with almost everything you guys had to say.
    This is 100% a total Gary Stu situation and the Poochie comparison is also spot on.
    It's getting out of hand.

I defy anyone to argue in favor of why Scott deserves this much creative influence, this many tributes, perks, bonuses, etc.

I realize he can do it because of his position, but I'd love for someone to put forward one legitimate reason why he deserves it.

If he wanted TMS to be made so badly, why not just ask the 4H to make him ONE for his personal collection? I bet the 4H would've gladly granted such a request. Why not just do that instead of force him onto the MotU fandom permanently?

Also gotta add that Val's theoretical roll-out for a 30th commemorative boxed set and then a separate create-a-character vote would've been ideal. That would've REALLY jazzed the fanbase, and as you say, it's the consumer having at least some say-so as to what figures are made for sale.

And as I alluded to before, what's the point of all these "insiders" getting automatic figure designs made for the public without any prior consultation or familiarity? All these guys from Scott to Geoff Johns could easily have personal figures made for them to have in their private collections.

All I can say is I hope the rest of the 30th figures at least "feel" like a MotU character.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    If he wanted TMS to be made so badly, why not just ask the 4H to make him ONE for his personal collection? I bet the 4H would've gladly granted such a request. Why not just do that instead of force him onto the MotU fandom permanently?

And as I alluded to before, what's the point of all these "insiders" getting automatic figure designs made for the public without any prior consultation or familiarity? All these guys from Scott to Geoff Johns could easily have personal figures made for them to have in their private collections.
    A great point, but then you couldn't put those characters in comics, movies, cartoons and lunchboxes.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)