Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Weaver! I've got her...

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Shadow Weaver! I've got her...

...and she ROCKS!

Thanks a bunch to TG for sending her as a surprise! A little while back, I let Scott borrow my UK MOTU comics. I got them back in the mail today along with Shadow Weaver. Guys, she is AWESOME! Her coloring is similar to Orko's (maybe even a hair darker), so she is darker than she was at SDCC and looks more like she did in the cartoon.

I may keep this one MOC since I have the sub SW coming and plan to open that one.

So cool!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    So jealous!!!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Heroic Warrior
    Any whitening on her yet?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Wow that is soooo awesome! Toyguru got tha hookup!!

Color me jelly, Penny D!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    OMG. Awesome! Congratulations! That was a very nice gesture!

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    So jealous!!!
    + infinity
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Must be nice....

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Very cool! She looks great!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Would you have ever thought Shadow Weaver would be included?

I remember two years ago when there were countless discussions on the org about SW. I recall Scott coming on and repeating that we didn't need to get our hopes up. Then, he made it happen!

I mean, what a great time it is to be a collector!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    AWESOME. That is so cool! She looks great, thanks for posting!
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Yeah I remember when he said "We wont be weaving any shadows...or anything". What a trickster that Toyguru guy.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

That's awesome.

I have to say, it's classy of him to send figures to people who lend Mattel their materials (Lady Angora received a free Swift Wind).

I'm so glad you received this figure!

She looks great! OPEN HER!! OPEN HER!!! You know you want to do it!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Firstcongratulations! She looks great on card! Very nice of Toyguru to send you that as a thank you. Secondwhat does her bio say? Anything specifically about her or is it like all the other bios and it explains something about someone else??
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    MMMM..... Does it mean there's any chance Shadow Weaver might ship EARLY, since she's basically ready??? I'd love to get her in January as opposed to march or april!!!
    Last edited by oulala; January 9, 2012 at 07:28pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Not fair....she looks great!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Congratulations on getting Shadow Weaver 3 months early, Penny! Maybe you guys can do a review over RGD? If it goes over well, maybe you guys could start getting regular figures...

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    First…congratulations! She looks great on card! Very nice of Toyguru to send you that as a thank you. Second…what does her bio say? Anything specifically about her or is it like all the other bios and it explains something about someone else??
    Her bio already was revealed.

Shadow Weaver-Evil Mistress of Dark Magic

Born in the Etherian Kingdom of Mystacor, Beatrix was once known as Light Spinner and served as an apprentice to the great mage, Norwyn. When Hordak arrived on Etheria during his exile in Despondos, he promised her great power in return for information and help in overthrowing Bright Moon and the surrounding kingdoms. Her powers were greatly enhanced through a magical gem whose power also induced an irreversible change in her appearance and mental state. She betrayed Norwyn and her fellow magical student Castaspella, leading Horde Troopers to their hidden magic archives. In Horror Hall, Beatrix took the name Shadow Weaver, using her black magic to fight the Great Rebellion all the while secretly planning to overthrow Hordak and claim his power for her own!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 9, 2012 at 07:09pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I remember two years ago when there were countless discussions on the org about SW. I recall Scott coming on and repeating that we didn't need to get our hopes up. Then, he made it happen!

I mean, what a great time it is to be a collector!
    Yep it's fantastic! Many fans won't get to own her since she isn't available to buy Sorry just can't get excited (it's not sour grapes as I have one pre-ordered from BBTS) but there will be far too many huge fans left disapointed, which kinda kills the excitement (for me anyway) He might have made Penny's day (Congrats Penny! ) but Scott has ruined her release for so many other fans who are a big fan of the character. She just shouldn't have been the sub figure. Her release will always be bittersweet unfortunately.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quick! Put her on Ebay and sell her for...

BUY IT NOW!!!

Seriously! Remember when someone bought a loose, incomplete Count Marzo a month in advance for $154 and some change? Imagine what they'd do for a sub exclusive MOC Shadow Weaver!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Looks great, congratulations.

This just confirms my decision to get a sub this year

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    She looks awesome. Congrats, Penny!

What shade of green would you say her hands are? They look pretty pale...

By the way, I just saw a Shadow Weaver pre-order sell for $143 on eBay the other day.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Congrates Penny, looking forward to getting mine in March. She's my most wanted female character next is Scorpia.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Her bio already was revealed.
    Completely missed that somehow! Thanks MGM!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Congrats, what a great surprise to get!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Yep it's fantastic! Many fans won't get to own her since she isn't available to buy Sorry just can't get excited (it's not sour grapes as I have one pre-ordered from BBTS) but there will be far too many huge fans left disapointed, which kinda kills the excitement (for me anyway) He might have made Penny's day (Congrats Penny! ) but Scott has ruined her release for so many other fans who are a big fan of the character. She just shouldn't have been the sub figure. Her release will always be bittersweet unfortunately.
    I would expect in the grand scheme of things the amount of people who wanted her and opted not to subscribe is in the small minority, and those that did not hopefully were able to get in at BBTS (I know I ordered 3 from them for friends who opted out). Its all anecdotal at best, I just know that out of my 20 POP friends, 17 subscribed and the other 3 went on the after market.

Its what it is, it will be interesting to see how she does on the market after 6 months (after all the SHE IS SO RARE GIVE ME MONEY goes by), if she comes anywhere near the last two sub figures it won't be too bad to get extras.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Wow, that's really nice of Scott!

Hexcellent. Work that Weaver, Danielle.