Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would Mattel have to do for you to purchase a 2013 Subscription?

What would Mattel have to do for you to purchase a 2013 Subscription?

With all production and shipping delays in the next six months, what would Mattel have to do for you to purchase a 2013 Subscription?

1) A promise there will be less days in between news on delays and figures will ship on time. Many customers live on a budget and need to know when to have money in the bank.
    2) Sub Figures Actually ship before the sale day.
    3) More Sub incentives, such as coupons or discount on shipping just not a guarantee we get all the figures in the same year, because December 2012 showed that is not true.
    4) Give customers more of an idea of what their getting for the entire year. Example how many vintage, POP, NA, 200X, Concept, Never Produced figures are in the yearly line up at the time.

Heroic Warrior
    Good thread.

Offer it.

Yes. It sucks that there is one big massive delay going on but I don't want to miss out on any monthly figures or the sub figure.

I will get at least one 2013 sub.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Great ideas, but they won't do it. Digital River is about as cheap as the come for the service the offer and I don't think they could swing more for their money with them. It just won't happen.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    With all production and shipping delays in the next six months, what would Mattel have to do for you to purchase a 2013 Subscription?
    Announce it is up for sale and I can buy it now. That is all it would take for me.

All of the recent issues haven't really bothered me in the least so i will continue to blindly buy each and every subscription that Mattel offers for MOTUC

All of these are great ideas. I wish we knew what we were getting the whole. But, I still want 95% of this line. So yes I'll still be getting a sub for 2013.

Yeah, the delays and snafus are crummy, but I love this line. If Mattel offers it, I'm in...

...barring any unforeseen financial troubles. We do have that Baby on the way!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

I feel like we're begging the oil companies to bring gas prices back down to the last expensive average because the new one is even worse. I wanted Matty's service to get better, not worse. If they don't get their act together, there won't even be an expectation of a 2013 sub at all.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I feel like we're begging the oil companies to bring gas prices back down to the last expensive average because the new one is even worse. I wanted Matty's service to get better, not worse. If they don't get their act together, there won't even be an expectation of a 2013 sub at all.
    I agree. They better get Mek-A-Neck and Ram-Man in production.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I will still buy my usual 2 subs in 2013. as long as i actually get what I want- im fine!

I dont care that Im gonna get stuck with things I dont want (griffin SMAA etc) as long as I dont hafta deal with WSOD or sit up at 4am once a month to do it!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Let's be real here folks! Yes, fans are upset about the lack of customer service and this whole new shipping fiasco, but at the end of the day, you are still going to buy the figures.

MOTUC is your drug. Matty is the dealer and TG is the pimp. You aren't going anywhere.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

What would they have to do for me to purchase a 2013 sub? Simple...offer it.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Even with delays and all, its still a sub for me.No WSOD and Sell-outs to worry

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    A link to a page where they take my info and charge my card.

The current delay isn't upsetting me much. Demo Man won't complete my collection, he's just a piece of the puzzle and he'll get here when he gets here. My Swiftwind wasn't mis-assembled, and I wouldn't have noticed the reversed shoulders on Roboto or King Hiss if no one told me about them. I would've rather had Evil Lyn with a new tunic but I'm happy with the new head and cape.

I love this line, and I'm excited to see it go on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    God bless you son, Im not alone on here lol

(and damn it, Im still posting)
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    2) Sub Figures Actually ship before the sale day.
    3) More Sub incentives, such as coupons or discount on shipping.
    I really like these two suggestions, the figures should ship on the 10th of the month at least for subscribers (and I don't mean the next month).

I'll be getting the sub no matter what though.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    1. They are going to have to go back to just 12 figures a year and maybe 2 oversized figures.
    2. They have to prove to me they can actually provide because I am about ready to call my bank up and tell them my debit card was lost.
    3. They have to have at least 3 figures that are going to make the sub worthy to me. I have had enough of this.

If nothing else, I will buy the figures off ebay several months later even if I have to buy extra.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm getting a sub for whatever MOTUC offers in 2013. Delays and various issues suck, but I want all the figures so no worries for me. Wish I had the 2012 subs actually.

Getting the sub no matter what, unless Bandai takes over and fires the Horsemen.

Heroic Warrior
    This is why I use pre paid cards with $100-$200 dollars at a time on them- I straight up don't trust Mattel at this point sadly. I'm guessing they will finally pull the trigger on Ram-Man as a sub or somebody equally important. I also GUARANTEE despite TG saying otherwise that you will hear something about Castle Grayskull for 2013.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    They just have to show up and bat those sexy plastic eyes at me and I'm there for the long haul.

Heroic Warrior
    There is nothing Matty can do to convince me to get the 2013 sub. I was suckered into getting this years sub because of Shadow Weaver and threats of sale day figures being at an all time low in terms of production numbers. I should have taken my chances finding her on ebay later this year.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Pretty much nothing.*

Among other things, I refuse to grant Mattel its "Subscribe or Die!" request.

*actually a lot of things, but I'll spare everyone the laundry list

1) Choose a great sub exclusive figure like Wun-Dar and Shadow Weaver were
    2) Combine shipping with Day of Sales figures!!!

Those 2 things would make me get another sub again for the 4th year in a row without a doubt.

I really hope we'll have the 'combined shipping with Day of Sales figures' very soon.
    Mattel was looking into it for 2012 so I'm crossing fingers they found a way.
    That would make me continue to buy the Ghostbusters for sure and maybe Voltron.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

So long as I like the sub Exclusive and the figures from Jan through march that will be shown at this years MattyPalooza panel during SDCC I will get a 2013 sub.
    Castle Grayskull in 2013 would sell me on the sub too

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'd subscribe for a two year plus deal if they offered it.