Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 069 Discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The story about the guys, which makes fun of the japanese student reminds me of something, I experienced on Skype with an US gale.
    She tried to spell german sounding words:" Yeah, there are those strange german words like strauben, schnurken, klauben."
    I said, that those aren't german words in fact. LOL
    It 's the same everywhere
    I still love US residents yell "Krrrauttt!" at me, though.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Nowadays its rather Karrrtoffel(potato) isnīt it? Maybe not so much from Us residents.

Hey I'm up for Busta's UK con or meet-up. Anybody know which facebook page its on that Eamon mentioned?

I too would have preferred a green Granamyr so hope we do get one.

I hope the TOD Sorceress is evened out among the shows so it doesn't sell out before PoweCon.

Here's a pic of the 200x Stinkor Prototype figure, I'm not sure if the MOTUC gun is based on it:

I agree the Snake Mountain stands would be better with more purple and the lava on the edge seems odd not only because your figure may have on foot stood in the lava like you say but when you put more then one stand together the lava wont match up.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

To follow a tangent, this is how American English sounds like to non-native speakers:

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    To follow a tangent, this is how American English sounds like to non-native speakers:
    Wow, very interesting. Thank you for sharing that! The tone and the phonetics are all there so it's almost like listening to a song where I can't quite catch the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Whoa I need to see that Darkness of Grayskull video.
    Darkest Grayskull SCB. Dude, I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who SWEARS he saw it! j/k
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; January 2, 2012 at 08:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    ROFL! Adriano! Awesome!
    Ps: i want a green Granamyr, please ;-)

Heroic Warrior
    Hahaha, yeah it's like when you see a movie where actors try to speak german to make it sound foreign, but as a german you can hardly understand what they are saying

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Dan, I can't remember if it was episode 68 or 69 but I love the Zack Ryder reference

This has probably been discussed in the PowerCon/ToD Sorceress threads that I've overlooked but is the orb holder modeled after the torches (bowls of fire) in Grayskull's throne room in the 87 movie? Maybe it's just my mind reaching too much but now every time I watch clips of the movie, I just think of the orb holder when they pan the camera around Grayskull.

That is weird but awesome!
    thanks for that!

It sounds like English, but it's just gibberish. Then you get the occasional English word thrown in from time to time like "baby" and "then" which helps tie it together.

The guy does it best of all, though. The girls still have their native accent.

Awesome! I've listened to all the episodes while working, and it's been great!

I hope that Penny will get to share what she heard from Gary Hardel about the Gar and character deaths! Even if none of it would have happened in any official capacity, it'd be fun to hear.

Just listened to the latest podcast!

I wanted to address Val's reaction upon hearing of a possible UK-based He-Man and She-Ra convention...

Let me explain - A couple of months ago I mentioned (in passing on Twitter) the idea of a UK-based He-Man and She-Ra convention - I said it would be small and more like a gathering - So far I've had roughly seventy or so people express genuine interest in attending - I have a contact that has license enabling us to show episodes from the series to a room full of people without infringing copyright laws (I didn't even know you needed approval for this)...

Anyway, when I mentioned the idea numerous people stated that they would love it to be tied to Power-Con - I INSTANTLY rejected this because people would expect far too much...and Val will tell you that I DO so love my independence!

It's still just an idea...even if it is by "some random fan" (as Eamon so lovingly referred to me as)...

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    Anyway, when I mentioned the idea numerous people stated that they would love it to be tied to Power-Con - I INSTANTLY rejected this because people would expect far too much...and Val will tell you that I DO so love my independence!
    *gasp* Henceforth this UK convention will be known as the Power-Con Reformation.

That's amazing - i've been mesmerised by it for the last 20 minutes.

Great show chaps.
    I'm up for a UK gathering/mini-con if it comes together.

Danielle how many rooster statues does your family own? My fiancee's family is from Madeira and everytime they would go somewhere they would buy rooster related things.

The best way to describe a mountain accent (mountainese let's call it) is that it's a faster, mumbled southern accent. It's almost it's own language. Here's an example I've heard southern people call tobacco, tobacca. In mountainese tobacco is called backer. Other examples include: tomato=mader, potato=tader,cantelope=mush melon. I've spoken it many years, thanks to my parents. If I am ever blessed to have kids I am not going to speak until they learn how to talk. Going to school was pure hell for me. I was constantly made fun of because of the way I talked. Sometimes you can hear mountain accents from some of the drivers of nascar.

Quote Originally Posted by Homie D View Post
    Danielle how many rooster statues does your family own? My fiancee's family is from Madeira and everytime they would go somewhere they would buy rooster related things.
    I think every member of my family has at least one rooster statue and, in fact, I have one sitting right on my dining room table!

I'm from Portugal, and every member of my family has at least one rooster somewhere too.

UK Fan Convention. Great Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Hey I'm up for Busta's UK con or meet-up. Anybody know which facebook page its on that Eamon mentioned?
    Yeah! That would be a great idea to have some kind of UK convention. By the way, I don't live too far from Nottinghamshire. Maybe we could get in touch with James somehow and give him some extra support. What say you, UK fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I think every member of my family has at least one rooster statue and, in fact, I have one sitting right on my dining room table!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qU6xeOQG9G...se+rooster.jpg

That rooster looks familiar. I think they're awesome. My Grandpa from Kentucky hates rooster statues because he says they're democrat symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    Yeah! That would be a great idea to have some kind of UK convention. By the way, I don't live too far from Nottinghamshire. Maybe we could get in touch with James somehow and give him some extra support. What say you, UK fans?
    Yeah I know Grantham, I live in Retford so I'm like 35 mile from you. There's a few other members in our neck of the woods as well, blackiecats is also from Nottinghamshire and super-munkyboy is from Lincoln.
    It would be great to finally see a UK con or meet-up come to fruit, if anyone can do it Busta can I say Skel-Con, with the Skelcon's from th UK Ladybird book used in the logo.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Danielle, do your parents mix Portuguese and English in conversations?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Danielle, do your parents mix Portuguese and English in conversations?
    LOL! Sometimes! Usually it's one or the other though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    I'm from Portugal, and every member of my family has at least one rooster somewhere too.
    Cool, didn't know you were Portuguese Jo-Ro! Are you from the mainland, Azores, or Madeira?
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; January 7, 2012 at 05:33pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

To follow a tangent, this is how American English sounds like to non-native speakers
    Mesmerizing!

For some reason, it feels like Madonna and some version of Dr. Who are the lead performers LOL

What are they singing? IS it jibberish? Or is it another language that they are pronouncing with American accents?

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    It's still just an idea...even if it is by "some random fan" (as Eamon so lovingly referred to me as)...
    I thought that was hilarious

I don't think this kind of gathering would prevent anyone from the UK from attending Power Con. I happen to think that UK fans might be more likely to come to Power Con in 2013 when it is in NYC, but anyone with the funds to come to Power Con in CA from the UK, probably won't cancel just because of a MOTU event in the UK It's just more for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    *gasp* Henceforth this UK convention will be known as the Power-Con Reformation.
    HA!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    What are they singing? IS it jibberish? Or is it another language that they are pronouncing with American accents?
    This will explain it all, Brian -- Prisencolinensinainciusol (BTW, it sounds like Dylan to me)

Honestly, I've been listing to a lot of Girls' Generation (a South Korean girl group) the last few months and despite most of the lyrics being in Korean (or Japanese) the two Americans in the group have "California Girl" accents that cut right through the language barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    LOL! Sometimes! Usually it's one or the other though.

Cool, didn't know you were Portuguese Jo-Ro! Are you from the mainland, Azores, or Madeira?
    My name is João Simões, doesn't get more Portuguese than that! My parents are from the north (near Tondela), and I was born in Lisboa. I heard Massachusettes has a large Portuguese population (like NJ).
    My parents don't mix English and Portuguese either, but I do with my sisters all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    This will explain it all, Brian -- Prisencolinensinainciusol (BTW, it sounds like Dylan to me)
    That video and song are brilliant! It does have a tinge of Dylan.
    Last edited by Jo-Ro; January 8, 2012 at 12:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost