Thread: Have These "Mall Tour" Pictures Been Posted Before?

Have These "Mall Tour" Pictures Been Posted Before?

I know we recently saw some video footage of the mall tour, but wasn't sure if these pics had been posted somewhere before.

http://alphasensory.com/Portfolio/Et...bit/index.html

I've never seem em. Pretty rad! thanks.

Awesome!!! I seen a Youtube vid for this. Mattel really played it up back in the day.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I want to live inside #4.

Widget
    Awesomeness.

**Please follow forum rules about embedding youtube videos. **

WOW !

That display is insane. No doubt kids where excited after came out from that tent, because I got goosebumps my self while watching that video.

To Scott Neitlich: Hunt that down and you got the best SDCC stand ever!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    WOW !

That display is insane. No doubt kids where excited after came out from that tent, because I got goosebumps my self while watching that video.

To Scott Neitlich: Hunt that down and you got the best SDCC stand ever!
    Wouldn't it? It looks almost as cool as all those site miniatures in Disney World. I wonder if we could make this for PowerCon.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wouldn't it? It looks almost as cool as all those site miniatures in Disney World. I wonder if we could make this for PowerCon.
    That would be awesome!

If someone could figure out how to build a similar display I am sure we could 100% find someone with the figures, and I would almost bet my paycheck an orger was the one that bought the Hordak suit. I think the video had most of the dialogue

The kicker is you know somewhere in a storage unit or some warehouse lies all this stuff, whether it was someone who took it from the trash if it was thrown out or bought it at auction in a various lot of stuff.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I wish I was able to see that in person.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Widget
    Maybe, I can help. I wrote this up before awhile ago... so here goes:
    I was the sole tour manager/guide for the mall display. The Masters of the Universe on Tour was housed in three pieces. Each of them weighing 350 lbs. It took ten workers to lift each piece onto the braces/risers. After each of the pieces were in place, they were connected electrically and the mail compressor was attached. Once each of the figures that were animated were tested, the back was attached. Each section of the back had fiber optics placed as "stars". The slim was refilled and once again Buzzoff got green liquid msg all over him. The outside was then assembled and lights were attached. The "appearance" of Heman and Skeletor were created by the first of its kind laser disks. These disks are not like we're used to today, but they were smaller than what was being used at that time. The animation was created by what was called "click track". There was a cassette tape that had the Heman theme on one track and the "beep tones" on the other track. That allowed the announcer to continue as a number of the figures and vehicles "came to life".

I booked the tour into 29 malls throughout the US. The idea was to appear in cities that would normally be missed by a promotion of this size. The idea was to be at each stop for four days. There were times, we did just drop in for two days and then moved on to the next city. That was the case for the YouTube video. We set up the display for two days at two different malls in Indiana. The final mall to have the display was Everett, Washington. The only permanent people on this tour was the driver and me. We hired temps for the building of the display. I also hired the person for the Heman or Hodak for each mall. In 1985, we actually had two body builders who participated as Heman. That tour only went 17 malls in the US.

Once the creation had completed its tour, it was crated up and sent off... to where... well, that's for another post. Oh, I should mention the entire display was packed into a full sized, specially designed, trailer. The trailer was painted white and "Masters of the Universe on Tour" was on two sides. I drove a Black 1986 Ford Mustang with the same logo on each of the doors.The magnetic logos were used only while driving from city to city. Also, both the driver of the trailer and I handed out one sheet posters every time we stopped. Hope this helps a little.

Eternia was made with the use of wood framing, foam blocks, insulation foam, liquid latex, & MEK base paints.The animation portion was based on the air servos, and a two track sound system.

If you want more information, please let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

The display you see in the photos was made after the original display was seen at the NYC Toy Show. The problem was "control". There was no way of stopping people from getting too close to the action. I suggested that the display be enclosed and the contractors designed what you see. The odd part was, they use incandescent lighting instead of fluorescent lights. The display where the figures were had no gaps and you could see them changing color and falling off their marks at each mall. The large skulls were the last two items in the truck at each load in.

Heroic Podcaster
    Thanks for the info TourMananger1986! I love hearing about the behind-the-scense stuff like that! How did you find your way to this site?
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I would commit despicable crimes to get my hands on this thing. Truly amazing.

can someone embed the video or pm me a link to it or post search terms? thanks!

Awesome having you give us the details tourmanager1986!!! I love hearing the behind the scenes stuff!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

tourmanager1986 do you have additional footage or pictures of this?
    It is one of the coolest things MOTU related I have ever seen, can't believe I lived until this day without knowing this existed!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

ModelShot1.jpg
    NOW THAT'S A PLAYSET!
    Is this it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bYc6lvGnNM
    Pretty amazing Have toy companies considered that boy toys don't sell like they used to because they don't make them THIS interesting anymore?

Heroic Warrior
    That's awesome I would have loved to see this as a kid.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider1227 View Post
    Pretty amazing Have toy companies considered that boy toys don't sell like they used to because they don't make them THIS interesting anymore?
    Very true!
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage