Thread: POP fans and MOTUC collectors- Answer me this

POP fans and MOTUC collectors- Answer me this

This is not meant to be a Star Sisters hate thread, but ever since the release of this pricey 3 pack (yeah not a fan of them) I began to wonder, who is making these decisions? And who is shelling out money to buy them?

I'm a huge POP fan. I have the series, and I could talk about it for hours. I feel that POP is just as important as MOTU, in some ways more, and many POP characters were just as memorable as MOTU, and again, some of them even more so. While I'm happy that Shadoweaver was made (though the terms of her release are not something I'm thrilled about), there are so many series regulars that I'd love to own. Glimmer, Scorpia, Frosta, and yes, even goofy old Madame Razz & Broom.

So I ask all the MOTUC/POP fans. Why all this excitement over the Star Sisters? Why have they taken such presidence over series mainstays? I have no POP fans that I regularly converse with, but as a lover of the female Horde goons, and all of the Rebels (even the more pinkish girlie ones), I cannot find any qualities about the Star Sisters that I like.

To me, they are of no significance in the POP mythos, and I would much rather have seen a Madame Razz & Broom/Twiggets pack, or Queen Angella, Glimmer and Hunga (complete with chain options if you want that ripped from the episode feel), the list could go on. Though I care little for Mermista, Perfuma, Peek-A-Blue and Sweet Bee (really girlie there) and yet, with some minor updates, I feel they would be great additions to the ladies of MOTU. The 4H can really work magic. Orgers here have updated their designs with their own fan art, and they've blown my mind. I look at the Star Sisters, and I see 3 wasted slots. I see a visual mess of colors and sparkles that belong in some futuristic Barbie line. Any of them could have been an actual POP character that deserved an update and had a neat little bio that weaved another thread into the POP/MOTU mythos.

It just drums up old feelings of the 200X line, when fans were screaming for Count Marzo, and wondering when Evil Seed would come, and we kept getting He-Man variants that never even made a cartoon appearance, and well, we know what happened to those. They did not sell.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 22, 2012 at 01:48am.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Maybe Toyguru wanted the Star Sisters as much as he wanted He-Ro so they were bumped up in the production schedule.

He-Ro was very obscure yet tooling dollars were used for him before other mainstream characters just like the Star Sisters. The good thing is that they have been released when this line is at full strength. I think He-Ro was a big gamble because he could have flopped and ended the line as fast as it began.

As for who's buying them? I'd say everyone who's forced to buy them with their subscription service.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Part of it is that I don't think Toyguru and the 4H have a relationship with the POP characters (from the toys or the cartoon) that many of us here do... even the people that only casually appreciate that part of the mythos.

I'm not saying that to be mean, I just think it's kind of true.

Part of it is that they were never made, and one thing that I think Toyguru has been brilliant about it including significant, if obscure, concept characters that never made it into the line. That's just one of the coolest things about MOTUC.

Part of it is also to silence the POP fans a bit with 3 characters at once.

I, for one, think it was smart to release the Star Sisters sooner rather than later. It will always be easy to sell Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Frosta, Mermista, and probably Netossa, Kowl, Entrapta, Sweet Bee, and Double Trouble.

Characters like Flutterina (whom Scott keeps mentioning), Perfuma, Loo-Kee, Spinnerella, and the Star Sisters might be much harder sells to people who aren't fans of the old toy line or cartoon.

SO, they should be sprinkled in earlier... yeah... they SHOULD.. because, as we have seen with the Star Sisters, even in this somewhat garish color scheme, quite a few naysayers were won over due to the the 4H's work on the figures.

I think making the 6 pack the first "beast" item of 2012 was a risk. It's too expensive. Mattel could EASILY have still made fistfuls of profit on the pack if it were $50. But whatever... they priced it the way they did.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Maybe Toyguru wanted the Star Sisters as much as he wanted He-Ro so they were bumped up in the production schedule.

He-Ro was very obscure yet tooling dollars were used for him before other mainstream characters just like the Star Sisters. The good thing is that they have been released when this line is at full strength. I think He-Ro was a big gamble because he could have flopped and ended the line as fast as it began.

As for who's buying them? I'd say everyone who's forced to buy them with their subscription service.
    after 3 years (or so) there's plenty of mainstays: the most important thing, the most impressive thing about this line is the all-inclusiveness of it. I love seeing not only obscure things, but characters who never made it into toy form.

So I completly love them, even though I wasnt even aware of them until fairly recently.

I have every confidence that the mainstays will be comming in time. I think characters like these who deserve to be made, and are not neccessarily top draws however, are great in-betweeners for the big guns.

Heroic Warrior
    Although the Sisters obviously have a few dedicated fans, I don't think most PoP fans would have chosen them as a release before so many others. They are great figures, no doubt, but when TG started listing them singly by name in the, "What do you mean you haven't gotten PoP?" discussions, I found it a bit irritating. If this really filled 3 PoP slots, then I don't know anyone outside of the most hard core SS fans (of which there might be a total of 3) who would have preferred those three as opposed to say Glimmer, Frosta, and Mermista.

It's a mystery to me who in the world thought it was smart to do them as a 3pack and lead the 2012 subs off with them like that. It's baffling. SDCC also certainly was not the place to announce them. They are about as obscure as it gets - I mean, I'm a huge PoP fan and the only reason I know about them is because I was doing research on another, unrelated toy line and they came up.

I just hope they knock out the mains of the Great Rebellion somewhat soon. I know many PoP fans feel like I do - TG, other "faction" fans keep saying we have a ton of PoP, but we really do not. When many of us say, "lack of PoP" we really mean lack of Great Rebellion. Glimmer, Frosta, Mermista, Queen Angella...with Shadow Weaver, I'll be honest - I'm all set with the Horde aside from Scorpia. But the Great Rebellion has Adora, She-ra, and Bow. And I don't really think you can count She-ra, or even really Adora, since they are super-A-listers and the star of the show. TG made it sound very complex in his last statement of these, but it's simple : we want the female members of the Great Rebellion, of which there currently are none.

I actually prefer the star sisters to Madame Razz and twiggets (current incarnation anyways) I believe the Star sisters have more potential then what was released. In my mind I can see Jewelstar with Emma Frost powers and capable of being brute force. I wasn't a big fan of the star sisters till I started seeing modern updates on what they could be. I may be alone in this but would like to take more of the PoP girls and give them some Frank Frazetta / Boris Vallejo fantasy updates. I just see the potential for what could be, not just what's there.

Personally, I just like them for a number of reasons, the first being that they're the He-Ro/Eldor of the POP world. They're prototypes that we've only ever seen in adverts that many of us wish had been released and finally after 25 years, they finally got their day in the sun.

The second is the potential for these characters story wise, with a name like the Star Sisters, I expect them to wield some kind of serious cosmic powers. To me, they'll always be the Zodac of the POP world, although in a pre-bio fashion since I don't like the whole Cosmic Enforcers Corps. I prefer simply having a small handful of mysterious cosmic beings that wander around the universe.

Jewelstar to me will always be someone who looked over the Comet Warriors' planet at one point in time, who knows, maybe if she hadn't been imprisoned with her other sisters, she could have prevented the planet from its destruction and because she vanished, perhaps Rokkon and his people resent her. I dunno, there's simply plenty of fun possibilities with this trio of gals.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I was excited for the star sisters. i always thought if the originals had come out when they were supposed to i would have loved them!
    I'm excited for all POP characters and look forward to getting more of them. and i agree with bcrduke the core POP characters won't be too hard to sell.

I think that doing the star sisters was a strategic move for mattel. Specifically Tallstar. I think a lot of people would have been mad if they did Meck-a-neck and messed it up. With doing Tallstar first they were able to test the extensions on a character thats not a core member.
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I am a huge POP an and the star sisterss mean nothing to me. i am glad that they were made for their fans but what I dislike about them is that they are a mattel creation. They were not a filmation creation. Overall, I have always prefered filmation design over Mattel's. I think the problem with the star sisters is that they look more like superheroes than POP characters to me. The star motif on their outfit is very non-mysterious. It's a symbol we know from our own world ( a star) whereas the pattern on lets say She-ra's bodice is more mysterious, less on the nose and evident. Starla's headpiece is a naive yellow star. she-ra has that intricate tiara that again doesnt look like something we ve seen everywhere.

I was also surprised that the 4 horsemen didn't try to give them an edge like they did with Bow but even if they did I still don't like theise characters. They just don'f have that warrior vibe to me. Starla came out really nice as a toy but thats about it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Why all the excitement over the Star Sisters?

They are MOTUC figures...that's enough for some of us.

Specifically I like them because they are colourful, they add numbers to the rebellion & they are the first 3-pack.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Personally, I just like them for a number of reasons, the first being that they're the He-Ro/Eldor of the POP world. They're prototypes that we've only ever seen in adverts that many of us wish had been released and finally after 25 years, they finally got their day in the sun.

The second is the potential for these characters story wise, with a name like the Star Sisters, I expect them to wield some kind of serious cosmic powers. To me, they'll always be the Zodac of the POP world, although in a pre-bio fashion since I don't like the whole Cosmic Enforcers Corps. I prefer simply having a small handful of mysterious cosmic beings that wander around the universe.

Jewelstar to me will always be someone who looked over the Comet Warriors' planet at one point in time, who knows, maybe if she hadn't been imprisoned with her other sisters, she could have prevented the planet from its destruction and because she vanished, perhaps Rokkon and his people resent her. I dunno, there's simply plenty of fun possibilities with this trio of gals.
    i agree with this.
    i may even envision them having been somehow involved in building crystal castle, as well.

One of the biggest reasons the original prototype Star Sisters evoke so much excitement in me, is because two of sisters would have introduced a somewhat rare concept in the vintage POP toy line. -- Gimmicks that are represented as part of the sculpt of the actual figures, as opposed to doing it solely through a fashion and/or something that's attached to the figure's back etc. Seriously, other than Double Trouble there's really no other figures along the lines of the not-totally-human-looking Jewelstar and Tallstar in the POP toy line. They would have pushed the limits, and especially because they're HEROINES with these bizarre features. I really feel Jewelstar and Tallstar capture the spirit of the vintage MOTU toy line moreso than any other POP figure. They're beautiful, but there's also a creepiness to their designs. I can totally imagine them being on MOTU box art...

Secondly, these gals are ancients. (They are the King Grayskulls, King Hssss etc. of the POP world) How many iconic female Rebellion members can be put in that category? Sure they've been trapped for a number of years, but we know very little about their history before landing on Etheria and nothing of the knowledge they may bring to table to help defeat The Horde or have about the Crystal Castle. And what about Glory Bird? Has he always been a bird? And WHY is he the Star Sisters' protector? Maybe they really are important in some way... In the one story in the MOTU magazine with Dolph Lundgren cover, the crystals from their cavern were obviously thought important enough to use in Horde weaponry.

So many interesting and untapped areas to explore.

EDIT:

Also wanted to add that board members Niki & Darkspecter made some interesting detections about the vintage prototype Star Sisters.

Niki said the Star Sisters are like 'Jewelry from the Stars', made from rare elements. Starla = Gold, Tallstar = Silver, Jewelstar = Some rare gem. Darkspecter also noticed they are all tied as sisters through the use of translucent parts. Starla was originally to have translucent thighs, Tallstar translucent boots and hands and Jewelstar is almost totally translucent, except for her head.
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 22, 2012 at 08:29am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    I think the Star Sisters were some kind of "2-in-1" test : the purpose was probably :

1) Check whether 3-packs are viable
    2) Check whether 3-packs with less popular characters are possible

If not for the QC issues (Tallstar's add-ons - cf. Pixel Dan's preview - and bad paint apps) for such a costly item, I might have bought the set. But the lack of quality on such a pricey item kept me from doing it.

I'm not against less known or obscure characters included in the line (although I think that vintage figs must remain THE priority). I bought Vikor, Gygor, BG Teela, Demo-Man (still waiting on this one)... just to name a few.

There are 4 things I give importance to when deciding if I'll buy a fig or not: the LOOK of the figure, the QUALITY of the item, the "REQUESTED" OR "UNREQUESTED" FACTOR, and the PRICE, of course. Oh, and to a lesser extent, the nostalgia factor.

In my opnion, Star Sisters had the look, but not the quality or the price, so I didn't buy them;
    Spector's look/design seems horrible and non-MOTU to me, and this fig is totally unrequested, so I won't buy him either;
    Mo-Larr's look was awful, and he is not even a MOTU-character, just a Robot chicken reject;
    Snake Man-at-Arms is just a cost-cutting kind of character for Mattel, and is an unrequested variant, IMO. That's why I won't buy him either.

Just some examples to clarify the way I appreciate (or not) an item.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    People forget that MOTUC isn't all about remaking all of the 80's figures. Another major reason the line exists is to give us characters that we should have gotten, but never got, not just from the vintage line, but from ALL MOTU lines.

• Adora
    • Queen Marlena
    • Cringer
    • He-Ro
    • Tytus
    • Megator
    • Wonder Bread He-Man
    • Fearless Photog
    • The Star Sisters
    • Shadow Weaver
    • King Grayskull
    • Count Marzo
    • The Faceless One
    • Chief Carnivus

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Although the Sisters obviously have a few dedicated fans, I don't think most PoP fans would have chosen them as a release before so many others. They are great figures, no doubt, but when TG started listing them singly by name in the, "What do you mean you haven't gotten PoP?" discussions, I found it a bit irritating. If this really filled 3 PoP slots, then I don't know anyone outside of the most hard core SS fans (of which there might be a total of 3) who would have preferred those three as opposed to say Glimmer, Frosta, and Mermista.

It's a mystery to me who in the world thought it was smart to do them as a 3pack and lead the 2012 subs off with them like that. It's baffling. SDCC also certainly was not the place to announce them. They are about as obscure as it gets - I mean, I'm a huge PoP fan and the only reason I know about them is because I was doing research on another, unrelated toy line and they came up.

I just hope they knock out the mains of the Great Rebellion somewhat soon. I know many PoP fans feel like I do - TG, other "faction" fans keep saying we have a ton of PoP, but we really do not. When many of us say, "lack of PoP" we really mean lack of Great Rebellion. Glimmer, Frosta, Mermista, Queen Angella...with Shadow Weaver, I'll be honest - I'm all set with the Horde aside from Scorpia. But the Great Rebellion has Adora, She-ra, and Bow. And I don't really think you can count She-ra, or even really Adora, since they are super-A-listers and the star of the show. TG made it sound very complex in his last statement of these, but it's simple : we want the female members of the Great Rebellion, of which there currently are none.
    Well...at least there are no more long-lost POP characters that are in the vintage POP characters' way, right? I mean unless you get Entrapta or something.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    The star motif on their outfit is very non-mysterious. It's a symbol we know from our own world ( a star) whereas the pattern on lets say She-ra's bodice is more mysterious, less on the nose and evident. Starla's headpiece is a naive yellow star. she-ra has that intricate tiara that again doesnt look like something we ve seen everywhere.
    You mean like Bow's heart symbol on his chest?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 22, 2012 at 09:02am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    The line is all-inclusive, so the release of the Star Sisters is a no-brainer. Releasing them early is also a great idea so that Matty saves some of the A-lister rebellion members for later years when they will be needed to sustain the line's momentum. And with one release, we more than double the amount of great rebellion members that have been produced.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

As a general MotU fan, I am interested in PoP, but I was never an original fan. Most I can remember is being disappointed in not having ANY female figures as I was growing up, forcing me to hilariously "voice" females when I played, but they were pretty much invisable. That's right - I imagined action figures!

Anyway, all of my PoP knowledge has come from this site and its people. When Catra came out, I made a post to find out more about her from the fans (because one thing I love about MotU is all the background info from obscure areas, and I feel Catra's minicomic stuff REALLY fleshes her out). I also asked some questions about Adora and her transformation and all that. I want to know more, and I want to make my own PoP universe. One thing (that has been mentioned above) is that the world of PoP needs some real ANCIENTS. The Star Sisters cover that. I'm still excited to get some of the Rebellion mainstays (purely because I think they'll make great figures) but getting the obscure Star Sisters first is...well...the same, for me. I don't know ANY of the PoP figures, so it doesn't matter who comes first after She-Ra. Sooo...I guess I don't count as much. I can't tell the big-time fans that they should have to wait because random folks like me are just looking forward to whatever we can get. It's not fair, and I understand that. Still, that's my side. The Star Sisters are almost more interesting to me because they're abnormal ancients AND obscure "He-Ro" type characters. On top of that, I KNOW we'll be getting Rebellion characters. I can wait, and my excitement to see them doesn't turn to irritation because we got the Star Sisters first. It's just another thing to look forward to.

All my complaints about the Star Sisters rest souly on the design - when I see the TOYLINE, I see some...well...to horn in the name of the world they're on: "Etherial" clothes 'n such. The stuff they're wearing is supposed to be "girly" frilly stuff, but I thought they met an interesting middle ground of shinny Barbie type stuff while looking like classic mystical fantasy stuff. The Star Sisters had that, but it was removed in favor of thier...80's workout clothes from the show (or that one poster art, but it's still similar to the show's look). I'm kinda afraid of this for all the figures, really. They had to be simplified for the TV show 'cause that's what happens with toons - same went for the 200X toon. You didn't see anywhere near as much detail on the toons as you did on the figures, naturally. That's the thing, though: if the toon and the figures had such differences, why does that have to stop now? Continue that difference! Base them off the toys! I still like the Star Sisters for what they represent, but I can easily admit that they have lost some of thier "fantasy" look by taking the workout-clothes look that they have now. I know the toon is the thing that sticks out in most fan's minds...but honestly, the designs are too simple for expensive collecters toys. I wana see something interesting, like what they did with She-Ra 2.0.

SO...that's it. I like 'em for the fact that they're obscure, and that they represent some of the ancient power on Etheria. I don't mind the look, but I think it could have been better. As an "outside" fan, I like to see what I can from PoP so I don't care who comes before who, because I know they're all coming. There we go!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Court Magician
    As someone who just recently came to MOTUC but has been a DCUC collector from the very beginning, trust me...you DON'T want to go down this road. Don't look at it as though we got the Star Sisters instead of Frosta, Glimmer, and Castaspella. Look at as though we got the Star Sisters in addition to Frosta, Glimmer, and Castaspella and we just happend to get the Star Sisters first. Both trains of thought tend to be self fulfilling prophecies.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I actually prefer the star sisters to Madame Razz and twiggets (current incarnation anyways) I believe the Star sisters have more potential then what was released. In my mind I can see Jewelstar with Emma Frost powers and capable of being brute force. I wasn't a big fan of the star sisters till I started seeing modern updates on what they could be. I may be alone in this but would like to take more of the PoP girls and give them some Frank Frazetta / Boris Vallejo fantasy updates. I just see the potential for what could be, not just what's there.
    Capable of being brute force? In what way? A popular character in a comic? A video game? A cartoon series? Your own head? Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    The line is all-inclusive, so the release of the Star Sisters is a no-brainer. Releasing them early is also a great idea so that Matty saves some of the A-lister rebellion members for later years when they will be needed to sustain the line's momentum. And with one release, we more than double the amount of great rebellion members that have been produced.
    Or they could release some cool B listers, instead of some Z listers to build suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavion View Post
    As someone who just recently came to MOTUC but has been a DCUC collector from the very beginning, trust me...you DON'T want to go down this road. Don't look at it as though we got the Star Sisters instead of Frosta, Glimmer, and Castaspella. Look at as though we got the Star Sisters in addition to Frosta, Glimmer, and Castaspella and we just happend to get the Star Sisters first. Both trains of thought tend to be self fulfilling prophecies.
    Sorry, but I have a list a mile long of MOTU characters I want to display proudly. And yes, while I am not a fan of Vikor, Wun-Dar, SS or TMS, I am a fan of Gygor, He-Ro and some of the other obscure characters.

With so many characters to pull from, I feel the excitement would have been equal or more if we saw Scorpia, Evil Seed and Ram Man. The time invested in these 3, for me, is wasted. There is no shortage of characters in this universe. I just hope the summer announcements are different. As for good 3 packs to test the waters and make some money. How about Horde Troopers? Fans have been asking for them, and I'm sure for every fan that passed, another 5 would be buying multiples.

I know at this point, venting frustrations will not change the fact that we got what we got. I only hope the future is better, and we see Scorpia before Etherian Village Girl, Castaspella before Pitchfork Farmer from Episode 043, or Evil Seed instead of Spectors time travelling Asian half sister Mau-Ree-Soo.

End Rant.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 22, 2012 at 12:31pm.

I understand where you're coming from Sky. I think it has something to do with the fact that we're always being reminded of how the line needs our support to keep on existing, and how we're all supposed to buy subs, regardless of whether we want all the toys or not. There's a sense that MOTUC will go away if we don't support every release, so when they give us the Star Sisters (admittedly Z-list characters, and I LOLed at the expression) it's only natural we'd react by saying "Nooo! If the line is going to die soon, let's get Frosta and Sea Hawk first, darnit!"

But as Xavion said, the likelihood is that this line will continue for another few years, and the mainstream POP characters will get made.

I actually prefer the star sisters to Madame Razz and twiggets (current incarnation anyways)
    You? Are wrong. Razz and Broom are in many ways the heart of the show. They were very funny, unusual characters who I believe easily beat out Orko or Ram-Man in the sidekick department. To each his own, I guess, but really...rewatch some She-Ra and you might just see what I see...

As for the Twiggets...I guess it's fine if you don't like them. But what do you mean by "current incarnation"?? They've been untouched since the '80s!

Heroic Warrior
    There's excitement about the Star Sisters? I thought hardly anyone outside the subbers bought them.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    There's excitement about the Star Sisters? I thought hardly anyone outside the subbers bought them.
    Last week, Toyguru reported that the Star Sisters apparently outsold the Wind Raider in day-of sales. Here is the thread.

Either he's lying to us or the online haters were loud but not as numerous as we imagined.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

My excitement over them is because they are the only PoP equivalent of a He-Ro, Eldor, Evil Robot, Gyrattacker, Gygor, etc. that we have. To see prototype figures released as actual action figures that you can acquire for a reasonable amount of money is exciting to me after knowing about these mystery characters for all these years. Also, I know that eventually we will get to the likes of Glimmer, Frosta, Castaspella, Angella... so I don't think we're being screwed in any way by getting Star Sisters "this early" in the line (unless of course the line ends this year). There weren't as many PoP figures as MOTU ones back in the day, so in MOTUC there's only so much shuffling they can do. In MOTUC, they have shuffled the old classic line-up around so that we got Scareglow before Man-E-Faces, King Randor before Fisto, etc. But with PoP there's only 2 and a half waves of classic toy characters that they can shuffle around in the MOTUC line-up to keep fans surprised and on their toes. Plus, now that the Star Sisters are "out of the way", as it were- we now know that the next classic PoP toy character to be released is gonna be somebody that folks are jonesing for- whether that be Spinnerella, Kowl, Sweet Bee, or Double Trouble. And as a result of their success, we might see more three-packs- the Star Sisters were a major gamble, but ToyGuru is considering them a success (moreso than the Wind Raider!)... so they might very well have paved the way for a Rock Warriors three-pack, or a Two Bad three-pack featuring Tuvar and Bhaddra, etc.