Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread January 2012

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    I'd never expect anything less from Da Guru; he's a joke. He's a legend in his own mind. All he does is copy and paste answers. I think I would fall over if he ever did anything to tease fans. He should take a lesson from Hasbro brand management.

Given that he is the "voice" for the fans I would highly recommend that he "up" the communication and that he, also, work on being more of a cheerleader and an excitement generator. I think he's full of himself and that he thinks he's "really something special." I don't think he's an advocate for the fans; when I see him speak and I read his canned answers I think he "deals" with the fans. Big difference.

I think he should realize two important take-aways: 1.) Improve the communication... you are a brand manager... it is ok to over communicate and 2.) Please increase the sincerity and reduce the "pat" answers.
    Not once did I ever get the impression that Scott considers himself a "Legend in his own mind" What exactly has he done or said to make you feel that way? to me he comes of as a nerd that is overly excited to show off these figures whenever he has a chance. (see his videos with Pixel Dan at SDCC) And no disrespect for the nerd comment as I consider myself a nerd.

Cutting and pasting answers is okay in my book if 20 fans ask the same question....

As far as upping the communication goes he's stated that he will 100% be putting in more effort in this area. Yes a mistake in the warehouses happened over the holiday season causing a delay in motuc figures, but heaven help the fans if he didn't rush to a computer to give the fans updates while he was trying to enjoy his holiday on vacation with his family!!!

I find it really hard to read comments and answers someone types out in a forum site and honestly be able to tell if the person posting is either being smug, arrogant, full of themself, rude, happy, sad, or whatever. I don't get any bad vibes from what scott posts. I think its all in the minds of fans who feel like he is a jerk.

And for the cheerleader comment...would you like him to wear pig tails and pom poms when he does his figure unvailing? haha..that would be funny by the way however I find him really excited himself when showing off things from the line. Just me though.

Him being a boss of motuc line doesn't make him the final decision on much of anything. he's the one who has to take the fans comments, and suggestions to the big bosses with the fat pockets. Scott is not perfect, nor are you or I. He's just a guy who apparently is not allowed to take any credit for this lines existance, but is at every fault when something goes wrong. Thats why I feel bad for the guy.

Not once did I ever get the impression that Scott considers himself a "Legend in his own mind" What exactly has he done or said to make you feel that way? to me he comes of as a nerd that is overly excited to show off these figures whenever he has a chance. (see his videos with Pixel Dan at SDCC) And no disrespect for the nerd comment as I consider myself a nerd.

Cutting and pasting answers is okay in my book if 20 fans ask the same question....

As far as upping the communication goes he's stated that he will 100% be putting in more effort in this area. Yes a mistake in the warehouses happened over the holiday season causing a delay in motuc figures, but heaven help the fans if he didn't rush to a computer to give the fans updates while he was trying to enjoy his holiday on vacation with his family!!!

I find it really hard to read comments and answers someone types out in a forum site and honestly be able to tell if the person posting is either being smug, arrogant, full of themself, rude, happy, sad, or whatever. I don't get any bad vibes from what scott posts. I think its all in the minds of fans who feel like he is a jerk.

And for the cheerleader comment...would you like him to wear pig tails and pom poms when he does his figure unvailing? haha..that would be funny by the way however I find him really excited himself when showing off things from the line. Just me though.

Him being a boss of motuc line doesn't make him the final decision on much of anything. he's the one who has to take the fans comments, and suggestions to the big bosses with the fat pockets. Scott is not perfect, nor are you or I. He's just a guy who apparently is not allowed to take any credit for this lines existance, but is at every fault when something goes wrong. Thats why I feel bad for the guy.

Take up for him all you want, you think what you want, and the rest of us will as well. But I know how the business world works & I have had bosses, and I have been the boss...Scott has more reach and say so than you like to make it seem he does...and as far as taking the fans into consideration....it's only when it benefits Mattel. He takes credit all the time for the line, and only when something goes wrong is when it's the fault of the 4H or Mattel Management, or someone else...it's very convenient that way.

Yes he actually has done a lot for the line, that is true, and to his credit, YES he answers questions, YES sometimes the fans get their way......that much is true, but he does have this attitude that the fans owe him a favor by this and at the same breath calls pickers basically worthless, just because they chose to only buy what they actually like and want, and not buy everything....some would buy Ti-De-Bol Man if they made him. Mattel higher ups may hold the purse strings, but they do let Scott have a run of the line pretty much his and the 4H's way.

And other posters who ask questions are very possibly ticked off at the time they ask a question about something that was never addressed no matter how many times it has been asked...ever think of that, that some people may be rightfully ticked at the time they ask a question?.....And yeah I am sure some are being jackasses as well though, not saying that is right either, but like Scott, it happens.

And yeah some fans feel they are entitled things they are not, but they don't represent all of the fan base, and neither does Scott just because he's in charge of the line. That being said I do appreciate all he has done in keeping MOTUC alive, but the way he goes about things, and the way he answers leaves much to be desired...I for one am not among those calling for his job or anything, I just think he could handle things and himself better when it comes to the fans. See it or not, he does come across as most of us have said.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 15, 2012 at 02:23pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post

I appreciate your sentiments. No, I don't expect him to don a cheerleader's costume. (That would be funny, though). But, I do expect that he'd be more forthcoming about teasers for the community and that he'd also communicate [with the community] more frequently. While I absolutely agree that the shipping issues are not his fault (and you can see from my comments that I have never claimed they are his fault) I do expect for him (as the brand manager) to be more of a fan advocate. After years of being involved with fan communities [myself], moderating forums, doing product announcements and press tours/interviews I can tell you that he needs to adjust his presentation. I am certainly not the first to note that he comes off "not as good as he could." There were far worse comments made about him (on a personal level) with the Mighty Spector was revealed last year. Same could be said about " questions that have been posed from others like "Why are we getting Star Sisters before Glimmer?"

Excitement is diminished if the same question is answered over and over again... to keep the buzz high you have to have a reason to constantly tune in. Pixel Dan does that, very, very well. He gets me more excited about the line than Scott does. I'd rather read answers to only three different questions than read 8 answers with four of them (for example) all dealing with "where's Demo-Man; how come others have gotten him and I have not gotten mine." Again, a good lead could be taken from Hasbro.

I do respect your comments. For me, it is an important thing that Mattel (and Scott) understand that communication is key and that there is a right way and a wrong way to interact with a fan community on which their own success is hinged. Unless things improve (and yes, this includes shipping though not a fault of Scott's) they are going to find the 2013 subscription is lower than what they were concerned about for the 2012 numbers. We need to stop having answers that are excuses and/or copy pasted answers to previous questions; we need to start getting answers that are geared toward enticing the community. For starters, I hope that Toy Fair next month will provide a more in-depth look/reveals into how the 30th Anniversary is going to be mass-marketed.
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    On one hand, I see what you are saying. And people making terrible personal attacks on him is uncalled for.

That said...

He is the representative of this line, this is his job. What people do not like is that we are often spoken to like we should be grateful they even make this product. That is not the way a company should look at it's customers.

In that very long post, he basically marginalized what people have been saying and dismissing it on false pretenses. Example - almost no one said, "Demo man was delayed, give me a free figure or free shipping just because!" which is what he is implying.

What was said was, "Hey Matty, you are holding back EL for a month for sub holders too, with almost no communication as this was going on. Should have shipped BG EL when she was ready, charged us full shipping, then shipped Demo man on your own dime when he was ready (just charging you for the figure itself)."

That's what any company would do. And no, Mattel wouldn't go broke doing that. It would have been a nice gesture, and while delays do happen - we jump through so many gosh darn hoops just to collect this line, subscribers pledge a HUGE amount of money each year to participate, that a LITTLE consideration once in awhile would be nice. While the delay may not have been caused directly by Mattel, it *IS* their responsibility. The buck stops somewhere.

Basically, the uproar over this has been absolutely huge, and he is dismissing it all as whiny fans. This is a joke, because I have seen people who almost never post, have never posted, or that are usually positive, posting that they are upset at how this was handled by Matty. Way to leave a bad taste in the mouth of 2011 subbers - but what do they care, their commitment is over (kind of like how a cell phone company won't even really talk to you once your contract is up unless you sign another one).

The problem is, Scott full well knows all this. He is so obvious when he tries to play all these customer service "tricks". I mean, most of us can predict his responses from a country mile away. Someone above said that they think the questions he answers are dumb to ask - I say, he picks the dumb ones he can put his copy/paste into, but doesn't answer the hard ones. Even when they are asked nicely/politely. He picks the ones he can just paste "Simply have not taken place yet" on so it looks like he is more active than he is. And when he DOES address a big issue - we get crap like the message above, basically saying "guys, get over it".

And unfortunately he may get his wish. People might just get over this line. Sad, but MattyCollector is quite simply the worst run company I have ever encountered. I have never seen such blatant disregard for customers, and it's finally biting them where it hurts. You can put a dollar amount on what it would have cost them to send out Demo-man when he was available, charging for the figure and just giving free, or reduced, shipping. You cannot put a dollar amount on customer satisfaction, and after mess up after mess up after mess up with this line (Swifty's legs, Wind Raiders without guns, Demo-man/BG EL fiasco - and that's just the last two months!) people are sick and tired of being...well, sick and tired of Mattel. They are going to have to work harder as time goes on to appeal to people because the figures will get more diverse and the "mains" (at least of vintage MOTU) are largely out, and they simply cannot continue to treat people as they do and expect people to continue paying them, no matter how amazing 4H sculpts those figures.

What I found most hilarious, though, was the fact he BRAGS about huge previous delays. "We messed up and delivered one set of figures 14 months late! And remember all these other times we screwed up?" AND HE LISTS THEM!

I swear, the guy can be clever, but sometimes he can say really dumb things.
    I don't know why but I do feel grateful that this line exists..I don't know why but I'm really passionate about it and I feel that the fans complain too much about the little things...in 3 months we will be here complaining about something else...that seems to be what this forum is all about and it is disheartening to come to a fan site that does more bashing of the creators of this line then they do of enjoying it.

For matty shipping bgel in december and then shipping demo-man in january free of charge is just ridiculous. This is a reletively small collectors line...Mattel would rather deal with the backlash of cancelling demo-man all together then shipping him free of charge. They are in it for the money not to please the fans....the bigwigs sees that in the month of january they lost money in the motuc sector and all of the sudden they are watching like hawks to keep it in check.

How are you jumping through hoops to collect this line if you are in the subscription? If you can't handle the price every month is the sub really for you? I don't jump any hoops...I just wait for the figures to arrive... Nothing too strenuous about that (pardon the spelling ) You state the line is a huge amount of money every year but when you ask mattel to make the figures plus send them out the door for free you are basically asking them to take a loss because they couldn't deliver a toy on time? A snow storm blocks you in your house and you can't send a figure to a board member. They find out and ask you to pay shipping....Do you? doubt it. things happen.

Scott dismissing everything as whinny fans would be correct if he came out and said stop whinning. I never get that from him in his comments

This being the worst run company is going a little overboard...the worst ones aren't running anymore and matty is still up for at least another year. If you want to hold a personal vendetta against the same company that gave you all those nostalgic memories as a child thats your choice. Do I feel like things could be better...Yes things could always be better. Do I stop collecting because I feel like I'm being given the run around and the quality sucks, YES but I'm not at that point. I love these figures...are they perfect? No....do I care, No.

Oh yeah....and using the "mains" comments will just make it a longer wait to get all the rammy's and mekkys out and you are just shooting yourself in the foot. thats what I would do if I was scott. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    I appreciate your sentiments. No, I don't expect him to don a cheerleader's costume. (That would be funny, though). But, I do expect that he'd be more forthcoming about teasers for the community and that he'd also communicate [with the community] more frequently. While I absolutely agree that the shipping issues are not his fault (and you can see from my comments that I have never claimed they are his fault) I do expect for him (as the brand manager) to be more of a fan advocate. After years of being involved with fan communities [myself], moderating forums, doing product announcements and press tours/interviews I can tell you that he needs to adjust his presentation. I am certainly not the first to note that he comes off "not as good as he could." There were far worse comments made about him (on a personal level) with the Mighty Spector was revealed last year. Same could be said about " questions that have been posed from others like "Why are we getting Star Sisters before Glimmer?"

Excitement is diminished if the same question is answered over and over again... to keep the buzz high you have to have a reason to constantly tune in. Pixel Dan does that, very, very well. He gets me more excited about the line than Scott does. I'd rather read answers to only three different questions than read 8 answers with four of them (for example) all dealing with "where's Demo-Man; how come others have gotten him and I have not gotten mine." Again, a good lead could be taken from Hasbro.

I do respect your comments. For me, it is an important thing that Mattel (and Scott) understand that communication is key and that there is a right way and a wrong way to interact with a fan community on which their own success is hinged. Unless things improve (and yes, this includes shipping though not a fault of Scott's) they are going to find the 2013 subscription is lower than what they were concerned about for the 2012 numbers. We need to stop having answers that are excuses and/or copy pasted answers to previous questions; we need to start getting answers that are geared toward enticing the community. For starters, I hope that Toy Fair next month will provide a more in-depth look/reveals into how the 30th Anniversary is going to be mass-marketed.
    I respect everything you just stated. i too would love to see Scott have more exposure with the motuc line. I want as much attention drawn to this line as possible... I just understand if he chooses not to with the negativity some times...I just have to vent out a little sometimes haha

As for 2013 I agree. they will have to do some work to win back a lot of fans into the sub again.
    Last edited by Canada-Man; January 15, 2012 at 02:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    Look, I like Scott. I think he's a wonderful guy who is passionate and a true champion for the thing we love!

But that was just completely condescending.

I imagine he's frustrated. I know I would be. If that was my job I'd want to tell you to shut up and stop whining too. BUT I SHOULDN'T. Because I am the face, the voice, and the representative for a multi-billion dollar international corporation to a group of passionate die hard, guaranteed customers! The life blood of ANY business. I know Mattel considers the mattycollector.com business small potatoes compared to its other brand lines, but it has one thing "Games" or "Fischer-Price" doesnt have - subscribers. People who guarantee the company money every month.

The Demo-Man debacle should be looked at by Mattel and customers alike as nothing more than a breach of contract. We signed up for something and didn't get it. Plain and simple. Of course delays happen. Does Mattel know that? If so they should have contingency plans in place to rectify IN CASE they do! They are asking us to expect them with no restitution, but they should have expected them and had an avenue to retain loyalty and support. It's just good business practices.

Someone mentioned the RIGHT thing to do on here. Ship out Evil Lyn when scheduled. Appologize for Demo-Man and then ship him out when he arrives on Mattels dime. In the grand scheme of things- its not the end of the world for THEM and it would have satisfied most of the fans here. But once again, Mattel throws this back on the consumer. No responsibility is taken. No efforts were made. And to THIS DAY we still do not have a simple apology for the delay. THAT'S what's infuriating ME!!!

I don't blame Scott. He has a very difficult job. And interacting with the community is typically a PR function. He loves it and does it directly. But this was one avenue where PR and corporate communications should have stepped in.
    Last edited by TED675; January 15, 2012 at 06:42pm.

........They are in it for the money not to please the fans.......

.........thats what I would do if I was scott.
    Glad you agree that Mattel doesn't care about the fans only money, and to a degree Scott doesn't either....because if so..the whole picker vs sub thing wouldn't even exist, and questions would get honest answers and not like he was talking to a bunch of kindergartners that won't remember something 5 minutes from now. And Mattel knew after 2008 that MOTUC would be an easy sell with no work or money on their part for advertising and promotion, or bothering to sell at retail.

....are you sure you're not Scott?

And don't get me wrong I do not personally blame Scott for the shipping delay...initially....Mattel as a company is responsible for the acts of its vendors & contracts....Scott didn't say oh let's hold up Demo for a month....no. Mattel as a company could have made this right though by making the shipping free for it....I mean it's half way through Jan 2012, and the Dec 2011 figures have not all gotten out yet to subscribers, and all the day of buyers who bought Demo, are still waiting God knows how much longer too....so Mattel could have easily chosen to make it right.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 15, 2012 at 06:38pm.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Ok folks, we need to take a step back here. I completely understand that people are frustrated over the situation. I understand that some of you don't like how ToyGuru communicates with us. I understand that we're all fans of this brand, and want to see it succeed.

What we can't have happening is people attacking other members, ToyGuru included, personally. Name calling and insults are not allowed, and can result in your account being suspended or even banned. Please show respect for your fellow fans. We don't always have to agree, but we need to understand that there are people behind these screen names who deserve not to be insulted.

Please take a step back and read what you type before you post it. I've already gone through and edited a bunch of posts, and I don't want to do it again. Any further insults and/or personal attacks will result in further action being taken against the poster.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by TED675 View Post
    Someone mentioned the RIGHT thing to do on here. Ship out Evil Lyn when scheduled. Appologize for Demo-Man and then ship him out when he arrives on Mattels dime. In the grand scheme of things- its not the end of the world for THEM and it would have satisfied most of the fans here. But once again, Mattel throws this back on the consumer. No responsibility is taken. No efforts were made. And to THIS DAY we still do not have a simple apology for the delay. THAT'S what's infuriating ME!!!
    I mentioned it... when they first announced that they'd be holding back Subscribers' and Day-Of-Buyers' ENTIRE orders because of the Demo-Man delay.

Mattel should have eaten the cost of shipping Demo-Man later.

And in all of that collecion of Scott comments, not ONCE does he even approach an apology. Something like this:

"As brand manager, I apologize, on behalf of Mattycollector.com, and Mattel at large, for the delay of the Demo-Man figure, and for any inconvenience this may have caused over the holidays (gifts, etc.). Delays do happen, and I am terribly sorry that our loyal CUSTOMERS (not "fans") have not been shipped the items promised. I also apologize for the delay in communicating with the customers. That won't happen again, and We are taking steps to set up a contingency plan for any possible future delays. No one is perfect. No company is perfect. All we can ask for is your understanding, continued patronage, and a promise that we won't allow this situation to develop as it has again. Thank you."

Wow, that took all of 2 minutes at most.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Something like this:

"As brand manager, I apologize, on behalf of Mattycollector.com, and Mattel at large, for the delay of the Demo-Man figure, and for any inconvenience this may have caused over the holidays (gifts, etc.). Delays do happen, and I am terribly sorry that our loyal CUSTOMERS (not "fans") have not been shipped the items promised. I also apologize for the delay in communicating with the customers. That won't happen again, and We are taking steps to set up a contingency plan for any possible future delays. No one is perfect. No company is perfect. All we can ask for is your understanding, continued patronage, and a promise that we won't allow this situation to develop as it has again. Thank you."
    Brilliant. Bravo, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Brilliant. Bravo, sir.
    Thank you, sir.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    And don't get me wrong I do not personally blame Scott for the shipping delay...initially....Mattel as a company is responsible for the acts of its vendors & contracts....Scott didn't say oh let's hold up Demo for a month....no. Mattel as a company could have made this right though by making the shipping free for it....I mean it's half way through Jan 2012, and the Dec 2011 figures have not all gotten out yet to subscribers, and all the day of buyers who bought Demo, are still waiting God knows how much longer too....so Mattel could have easily chosen to make it right.
    I actually do blame Scott & Mattel! They knew weeks about the delay in the merchandise. And they held back until 2 days prior to them to be sold! They could have told us back when it was known. They could have made an effort to appease their customers and they didn't! Retailers would have offered a rain check since the item they were to sell was not available or something. But Mattel didn't! And also they are holding other merchandise that could have been shipped! And when Demo-Man was available could, no SHOULD have shipped him Free of Charge cause again it IS Mattel's fault for not having product available on the day of sale! And another thing it would have been one thing that even if they did have a small amount of stock available, like they did! But they lied stating that they did not receive ANY of their shipment. Of course that changed when Digital River fulfilled and shipped out some orders. Then Scott and Matty had to back track their statement. But that was over a week after the reports were coming in. And speaking of communication. I don't care if Scott posts here, Matty's boards, Facebook and anywhere else! All I want is when a issue arises! I want a statement with in a reasonable time! A week is not reasonable! Cause where it is posted. It will make it here on The Org! People will get it!

I mentioned it... when they first announced that they'd be holding back Subscribers' and Day-Of-Buyers' ENTIRE orders because of the Demo-Man delay.

Mattel should have eaten the cost of shipping Demo-Man later.

And in all of that collecion of Scott comments, not ONCE does he even approach an apology. Something like this:

Thank you so much! This hits the nail on the head!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I actually do blame Scott & Mattel! They knew weeks about the delay in the merchandise. And they held back until 2 days prior to them to be sold! They could have told us back when it was known. They could have made an effort to appease their customers and they didn't! Retailers would have offered a rain check since the item they were to sell was not available or something. But Mattel didn't! And also they are holding other merchandise that could have been shipped! And when Demo-Man was available could, no SHOULD have shipped him Free of Charge cause again it IS Mattel's fault for not having product available on the day of sale! And another thing it would have been one thing that even if they did have a small amount of stock available, like they did! But they lied stating that they did not receive ANY of their shipment. Of course that changed when Digital River fulfilled and shipped out some orders. Then Scott and Matty had to back track their statement. But that was over a week after the reports were coming in. And speaking of communication. I don't care if Scott posts here, Matty's boards, Facebook and anywhere else! All I want is when a issue arises! I want a statement with in a reasonable time! A week is not reasonable! Cause where it is posted. It will make it here on The Org! People will get it!
    When you put it like that, I wasn't thinking about that they actually knew about it before hand, then that much yes they were to blame, they should have let us know.....They were probably hoping that they would get there in time, but if there was a chance they wouldn't they should have said so with well more advance....and No, they shouldn't have allowed shipping until they had all the stock in hand.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior

Too be honest, that apology kind of feels like a stock response in itself, something written on a company letterhead by an underling...

I recently got a couple of 'apology' letters like that from Netflix and I just rolled my eyes.

Point is, theres' no good way to apologize for screw ups that are, or are not your fault. Angry fans are angry fans, and I highly doubt that some days TG could post ANYTHING without getting flamed in one way or another. If TG had posted that letter, people would have STILL been upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I know this has been discussed to death before but I'm really not happy with the way they did the Tallstar extensions. I hope with Mekaneck and Extendar they lash out for a new buck with internal periscoping extensions. I'm not asking for the vintage Mekaneck twist waist feature, just the vintage Extendar pull-push model.
    well, I dont have her in hand, but so far seems great to me. Actually I think I want another set to really extend her out. Watch out MOTUC Marketplace on the .Org!

But actually I have always been in the camp of consistancy. So I love the extenders and hope that is what we get for Extendar and Mekanek. I like their idea of solid parts, buck re-use, ect. Give me an articulate buck, and since that was the idea, I expect to get that.

Oh sure, they gave us Roboto, but I was actually just happy we got a clear chest with that inside, it didnt need to actually work.

So not to be contrary, just putting out there that for everyone that wants one thing one way, or was unhappy with something, there's someone counterpoint.

That and why were the extentions bad? They certainly look better than the (I think terrible) "thin connector bits" that dont look at all natural on extending figures. This way they are consistant in thickness, instead of thin ole connector bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    I second what Swanmarsh said. If they could splurge out on Roboto, I don't see why they can't do that for Mekaneck and Extendar. And they should release a Tallstar 2.0 at some point in the correct colours with the pull-push model on a single card.
    again, not trying to be contrary, but While I agree they could do a Tallstar 2.0 (not that I'd want one) it wouldnt be the "correct" colours as I think it's pretty obvious in all but one appearance of that character, the colours they chose were the most common depictions. So really, her current MOTUC Colours are clearly correct.

But sure, as long as it were a second release (that I wouldnt hold my breath for) why not do a push pull model. Wouldnt look as good with that feature, but why not, if they could afford it and it were later in the line?

To be honest. I don't find scott's answers ignorant, arrogant, or having an "I don't give a **** attitude" can you imagine being asked 10000 times when demo-man is going to ship and replying to a lot of them? Scott is straight forward and to the point. (Most of the time) he does misunderstand some questions I will agree. And using fun words like "logistically" is his way of not disclosing information that is either A) none of our business or B) not set in stone yet...

At least he takes the time to answer some of the fans questions.
    Agree. He clearly cares a great deal. Great customer communication. Not their fault if some of the questions are repetitive and/ore unanswerable...and repetitive.

But yeah, the company makes mistakes, but I am certain they will fix them. I do hope it doesnt hurt the line, though I am certain it will. But I want the line to thrive and basically accept anything that keeps the line going. I would rather have more and more and since it keeps getting better and better, I can forgive alot.

I get tested, and sometimes I want answers too (like why did we really not get Demo on time, and why are the rest so jacked up in release?) but they are obviously private industry situations that arent really quite our buisness, or even if it is our buisness (it is our subs that are getting messed with) knowing the answers wouldnt make anything better, nor us knowing allow us to fix it in any way.
    Last edited by baronterror; January 16, 2012 at 03:44am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    I have nothing against Toyguru himself.

But it has its reason why I'm underwhelmed by many decisions made for the line. If rumors are true, 2012 will make me only buy 50-60% of the items... My cheapest year ever!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    again, not trying to be contrary, but While I agree they could do a Tallstar 2.0 (not that I'd want one) it wouldnt be the "correct" colours as I think it's pretty obvious in all but one appearance of that character, the colours they chose were the most common depictions. So really, her current MOTUC Colours are clearly correct.
    I've seen you mention this in another thread as well, and I'm not sure where you're getting this information. In the cartoon, Tallstar has red hair and a silver chest and pelvis and the rest of her is only about a 75% match to the version we received. (I won't even get into the others) But more importantly, the American toy catalog in particular was the most referenced over the years, available to view online way earlier than the magazine (scans of the interior of the She-Ra magazine didn't show up until much later and I'd say physical copies are borderline rare) and discussed as if those versions were matter-of-fact. Folks were curious as to how they were going to approach Tallstar and Jewelstar's action features, references to Starla's backpack were made, one member created a thread asking if we wanted Jewelstar to be translucent like the toy, etc. I honestly don't believe most of the fandom ever considered the magazine depictions to even be in the running.

Heroic Warrior
    Just a statement : other than the explanations about the December 2011 and 2012 schedule debacles, I don't see many "news" coming from Mattel in this "news thread"... Fortunately, at the end of February, we should FINALLY get some news at NYTF. Until then, I wish you all a nice nap !

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    As a consumer i think Mattel as so far provided the worst service i ever gotten in years, mainly due to poor customer service which should never be, when dealing with an online store backed up by a multi million dollar company.

Every month feels like a shot in the dark, will i be able to buy the items i want? Will they be shipped in timely manners? Will i ever receive them? If so will there be quality problems?

I haven't got my last 3 figures, not a solution and no one here seems to know what is going on. It's ridiculous.
    Today, as much as i want Photog, i think i'd rather get it on ebay, even if it means paying a little bit over the sale price.

Before I get to the crux of my position on this topic, let me preface this by saying I'm only speaking generally here and not singling out Scott or you specifically.

I've seen tons of folk make similar arguments over the years: "But (insert name) is so enthusiastic and friendly in videos.", "I love how articulate he/she is!" etc. These statements are always sort of worrisome to me, because in most cases they carry the implication that the person's entire personality is being defined by this one moment in time, and they often fail to acknowledge the possibility that the person is playing it up for the camera, radio etc. because it's simply their job to do so.

Someone who comes off as dynamic and friendly in videos may be a jerk in other situations.

Conversely, it doesn't always means that someone is a jerk because they had a sour expression or were standoffish.

To me, videos are just one piece of the overall puzzle.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree that no matter what kind of apology we would have gotten, people would still find something to complain about. There is no way to please us all. We are always going to be unhappy about something. However, fake or not, if a formal apology was distributed I would respect that. Unfortunately swallowing pride is something Matty is unable to do.

I was wondering if this thread should be protected so we can come here to read the Matty and Toyguru news as stated in the title...instead of having to sift through so many angry and name-calling posts. Just a suggestion...thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    I was wondering if this thread should be protected so we can come here to read the Matty and Toyguru news as stated in the title...instead of having to sift through so many angry and name-calling posts. Just a suggestion...thanks.
    In fairness, if someone is only interested in the news, there's really no need to venture past the first post, as it would eventually be updated to reflect all the latest posts from Mattycollector forums. But really, I don't see the discussions here as being off-topic or anything. Folks are posting their reactions to the news/statements.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    There is no way to please us all.
    Actually there is a way to please us all in certain areas, starting on the customer service.

Have you tried solving a problem using their general e-mail? Don't bother, here's your final answer:

Your information has been forwarded to our review department. A Customer
    Care Specialist will be contacting you via email within 24 to 72 hours
    I guess instead of forward they keep hitting delete by accident.

Heroic Warrior
    Apologies won't make my figures look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    In fairness, if someone is only interested in the news, there's really no need to venture past the first post, as it would eventually be updated to reflect all the latest posts from Mattycollector forums. But really, I don't see the discussions here as being off-topic or anything. Folks are posting their reactions to the news/statements.
    I like reading people's reactions and opinions on the news too...the name calling and anger just seems kinda uncool if you know what I mean.