Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread January 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yeah, I agree that answer's not very good...or fair. It should be "Who would you rather have, Tallstar in toy colours, with removable pants and waist extension or Buzz-Saw Hordak?"
    Is that with or without the sculpted dial on his back?
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Two more new questions.

I hope TG answers my Rattlor question. I really think that MYP Rattlor should be a different character than Vintage Rattlor. The same with Filmation Tung Lashor and Vintage Tung Lashor.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Two more new questions.

I hope TG answers my Rattlor question. I really think that MYP Rattlor should be a different character than Vintage Rattlor. The same with Filmation Tung Lashor and Vintage Tung Lashor.
    I don't agree with that at all, same characters just different outfits/armor sets. That is like saying the 200x King Hiss and the Vintage King Hiss are 2 different ones. For the Sorceress I can see the need for a different one spanning different era's times.

Given the Snakemen are a finite line with only a handful of figures/characters I think the 4H could find a creative way to meld the 2 versions together but retain the 1 character option.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Two more new questions.

That would be saying like all characters that differed between the Vintage/Filmation like and the 200X/MYP line are two different characters. Sorry dude, but they're the same characters! Besides you know the answer he will give regarding anything about any character. The usual "Can't comment past Thunder Punch He-Man. and Keep reading the bios!"

I just hope that when they get to Rattlor, When they make the extension for his head. That it still doesn't make him look phallic like!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I agree, he was General Rattlor on the MYP cartoon - same character! I hope we just get a "General Rattlor" in MOTUC - with removable 200X armor - I can live with 1 head - don't really want to see the angular T-Rex head.

I actually like both heads, and removable armor (and even scaly loincloth parts) would be a great way to do Rattlor. I don't think either he or Tung Lashor need to be separate characters.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Personally, I'd like to see one Rattlor with two Heads and Removable 200X Armor. Plus an extended neck piece that either head could attach to.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I don't agree with that at all, same characters just different outfits/armor sets. That is like saying the 200x King Hiss and the Vintage King Hiss are 2 different ones. For the Sorceress I can see the need for a different one spanning different era's times.

Given the Snakemen are a finite line with only a handful of figures/characters I think the 4H could find a creative way to meld the 2 versions together but retain the 1 character option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    That would be saying like all characters that differed between the Vintage/Filmation like and the 200X/MYP line are two different characters. Sorry dude, but they're the same characters! Besides you know the answer he will give regarding anything about any character. The usual "Can't comment past Thunder Punch He-Man. and Keep reading the bios!"

I just hope that when they get to Rattlor, When they make the extension for his head. That it still doesn't make him look phallic like!
    I'm not saying everyone should be have characters. But you have characters who were very different between incarnations. You have the silent, red colored vintage Rattlor who served the Horde and then you have the brown colored MYP General who was trapped in the void with Hsss. Like how Zodak was supposed to be Zodak, you could make them two different guys and please everyone. I think you could make Tung Lashor into two different characters too--vintage AND Filmation versions.

If you make him a new character, he can keep his 200X head and MYP coloration, instead of being neutered like Grizzlor. The Vintage Rattlor could be a total rehash, if we knew the General was coming as a variant. I'd rather have them do it that way, than try to turn the vintage version of Rattlor into something he never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I actually like both heads, and removable armor (and even scaly loincloth parts) would be a great way to do Rattlor. I don't think either he or Tung Lashor need to be separate characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see one Rattlor with two Heads and Removable 200X Armor. Plus an extended neck piece that either head could attach to.
    IF we were going to have both heads, then this wouldn't be an issue. But since Rattlor is a creature, he's going to be vintage styled. If the General was made into an all new character, then he can retain his 200X head, because that would now be the General's head instead of the 200X version of vintage Rattlor.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 21, 2012 at 03:35pm.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I'm with Max, I think they should get the Zodac/Zodak treatment as they are very different looking. The MYP one could be called the General and be cartoon accurate, and add to the small ranks of the snake men.
    But, I guess they don't want to do that. I'm disappointed with that answer, as TG kind of hinted before that they could be different ("Keep reading the bios!" or something similar was the answer, rather than a straight up "No" )
    Zodak was also the same character with a different interpretation. This is arbitrary picking and choosing, but whatever.

Heroic Warrior
    The reality of it is, MOTUC is a tiny tiny line.
    I'm soooooooooooooooo sick of that.

A tiny line that happens to have nearly 30SKU's a year.

I realize he is talking quantity, but if they sell so little quantity we'd be Ghostbusters getting 2 or 3 figs a year.

Mattel wouldn't be making almost 30SKU's a year for a 'tiny tiny' line.

It's a very expansive toy line made in limited quantities, and further limited by artificial "sell outs" and other trickery.

I do not like the idea of The General and Rattlor being two different people, and I'm glad to hear ToyGuru confirm they will not be going that way.

Think about it....if they were two people, that would mean Rattlor never appeared in MYP...and he's too important a Snake Man to dis him like that.

IF we were going to have both heads, then this wouldn't be an issue. But since Rattlor is a creature, he's going to be vintage styled. If the General was made into an all new character, then he can retain his 200X head, because that would now be the General's head instead of the 200X version of vintage Rattlor.
    While I agree that Tung Lashor should see two different releases, one as Vintage and one as Filmation, I don't see us getting a General figure. He's just going to be Rattlor and that's it. I get what you are saying and what you mean, but I think the best we can hope for is a figure that is very close to how Fisto was handled: Two heads, 200X accessories, and all the bells-n-whistles.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I do not like the idea of The General and Rattlor being two different people, and I'm glad to hear ToyGuru confirm they will not be going that way.

Think about it....if they were two people, that would mean Rattlor never appeared in MYP...and he's too important a Snake Man to dis him like that.
    According to how TG writes the bios, it could work. Rattlor and Tung Lashor would be titles, not names. The General and Vintage Tung Lashor are the ancient versions that were trapped in the Void along with Hsss and the others. The Vintage Rattlor and Filmation Tung Lashor are their puny descendants and thugs who worked for the Horde, which would work with the Filmation continuity. The General and Vintage Tung Lashor would want to personally see these "pretenders" killed for making a mockery of their titles and being weak enough to hire themselves out as rent-a-thugs for their various enemies.

Collection-wise, if the vintage fans like Vintage Rattlor, they can go for that one and ignore the later variant. The 200X fans can buy the General and that character can be Rattlor in their collections, instead of the vintage version.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 21, 2012 at 11:55pm.

You're going in "in my cannon" territory to justify different characters.

Toyguru answered a whole bunch of new questions.

I don't buy the Star Sisters variants answer because the He-Man and Skeletor variants will always take up two of the variant slots. Who are the other major contenders for variants besides the main two guys? And I thought that simple TRU repaints wouldn't be included in the sub. Unless, I'm forgetting someone, 200X Evil-Lyn is the Star Sister's only real competition and those are basically 4 slots. We have two available.
    Actually, there's quite a lot of characters who fans would love to see in those variant slots, as evidenced by Variant Idol. 200X Variants of Randor, Sorceress, Hss, roboto and Evil-Lyn usually do quite well, and Filmation variants are getting in there now, Filmation Hordak is currently winning.
    I would love to see toy versions of the Star Sisters though, shouldn't be too hard to make either

Two more new questions.

The answer on Zodac and Zodak can ring true for Rattlor and The General to. Classic Rattlor was low down the totem pole for Snakemen, it was more Tung Lashor who was 2nd in command. Rattlor came more across as muscle, while The General was 2nd only to King Hsss
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    You're going in "in my cannon" territory to justify different characters.
    True, but that is how he can justify having both versions of Tung Lashor and Rattlor in the mythos, instead of just using their vintage incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I'm with Max, I think they should get the Zodac/Zodak treatment as they are very different looking. The MYP one could be called the General and be cartoon accurate, and add to the small ranks of the snake men.
    I'm getting impatient for Rattlor and Tung Lashor. Rattlor is one of the few characters where I can't really choose which version I like better. He was updated brilliantly in 200x/MYP, but he was one of the coolest vintage toys there was. I wouldn't mind a Classics vintage version and a 200x variant. But if they want to just add in the armor and stuff, I guess that's fine.

I do agree with you and MGM - two versions of the character would be a neat way to bolster the Snakemen's small ranks.

Two more answers are up.

Man-E-Faces, or at least the exact same figure from August 2011, is NOT coming back. They would make a new MEF though. I hope he has white eyes.

I'm totally behind MGM on the Rattlor/Tung Lashor thing - they have different looks but could share the "title".

The Snakemen need more Snakemen - this is the perfect way to do it.

Plus, Scott is being arbitrary. Zodac/Zodak are different just because he says so. Filmation Rattlor & MYP Rattlor are clearly just as individuated as Zodac/Zodak.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Two more answers are up.

Man-E-Faces, or at least the exact same figure from August 2011, is NOT coming back. They would make a new MEF though. I hope he has white eyes.
    Using Spector parts, theY could make HSOH Man-E-Faces a traveling convention figure too.

True, but that is how he can justify having both versions of Tung Lashor and Rattlor in the mythos, instead of just using their vintage incarnations.
    I think if the line goes according to plan and they finish their 2017 road map, they will crank out real variants of 200x characters like General Rattlor and a Ram Man body Whiplash to continue the line.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I don't want Rattlor and Tung Lashor variants to be different characters. Zodak makes a lot more sense to be a different character. I don't get why some people want variants to be different characters, such as clean-shaven MAA to be a different character or a Palace Guard - I mean, it's still freakin' MAA!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

I don't want Rattlor to be more than one character.

I wouldn't mind if Tung Lashor from the toy line and from Filmation were as they looked completely different. However, I don't need for them to be. I just wouldn't mind.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I don't want Rattlor and Tung Lashor variants to be different characters. Zodak makes a lot more sense to be a different character. I don't get why some people want variants to be different characters, such as clean-shaven MAA to be a different character or a Palace Guard - I mean, it's still freakin' MAA!
    If it wasn't for that STUPID 200X head rule, we wouldn't have to ask for stuff like this. One Rattlor with alternate 200X head and armor would have been enough. We would get something like this, but with an alternate Vintage head, so you could strip him down to make Vintage Rattlor:

But since someone over at Mattel Corporate has it in for 200X specifically (Alcala, Cardback and Style Guide alternate heads won't confuse moms and kids, but 200X heads will?), the fans who prefer the 200X version of Rattlor will have to find some way around that rule to get him. Splitting Rattlor up into two separate characters gives the vintage fans a purely vintage Rattlor, while the 200X fans would have the General as he appeared in MYP.

MYP The General is BROWN, has green eyes, wears armor and has a different head:

Vintage Rattlor is RED, has yellow eyes, no armor and comes with a staff:
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 22, 2012 at 04:03pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    That stuff drives me nuts too, and I'm not about making 200x characters in general be different. But The General and Rattlor fall into the same category as Zodak, imo. Vintage Rattlor looks very different from the big, orange, and regal MYP General. The vintage and 200x toys are not not that different, but an MYP-accurate version would be, and would add to the ranks of the snake men and MYP characters that they can make.

This was what TG said about this before, btw

Could Rattlor and the General be two different characters like Zodac/Zodak?

If Classic Rattlor is staying true to the original look and isn't wearing any armor, could he be an altogether different character from the (orange scaled in the MYP cartoon) armor wearing character "The General" from 200X, but in the Classic style?

Does this guy...

(Click on link to see pictures)

...translate into this guy?

(Click on link to see pictures)

Would this be another Zodac/Zodak case?

Keep reading the bio and you'll get your answer!
    I guess they've shut this idea down for some reason. Maybe b/c Filmation characters will now take up more slots. [/wild rampant speculation]