Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread January 2012

I agree with both of you...but this is exactly why I rarely check past the first page on these threads...!

Come on Toy Fair!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    And in all of that collecion of Scott comments, not ONCE does he even approach an apology. Something like this:

"As brand manager, I apologize, on behalf of Mattycollector.com, and Mattel at large, for the delay of the Demo-Man figure, and for any inconvenience this may have caused over the holidays (gifts, etc.). Delays do happen, and I am terribly sorry that our loyal CUSTOMERS (not "fans") have not been shipped the items promised. I also apologize for the delay in communicating with the customers. That won't happen again, and We are taking steps to set up a contingency plan for any possible future delays. No one is perfect. No company is perfect. All we can ask for is your understanding, continued patronage, and a promise that we won't allow this situation to develop as it has again. Thank you."
    I have no desire to either defend or accuse Toyguru of anything. Personally, as a lurker I find the fan-boy/girl arguing and complaining to be tiresome (though certainly everyone is free to express themselves, so carry on!). However, since I have seen it said multiple times over the last month that no apology has been offered, I find it might be helpful to the conversation to call attention to this post by Scott on the Mattycollector Forums on January 12 in response to a question from wolfmark. (See bolded text specifically.)

The December figure Demo-Man had a last minute shipping delay. He will be fully in stock by the top of next week and will ship out to all remaining customers ASAP along with BG Lyn.

We totally apologize for this delay. It was in no way intentional. To ensure this does not happen again, we will no longer ship or sell figures until the full quota is in stock. So if a figure is running late (like Photog and Sorceress were) we will move them to the next month. We recently revamped our shipping schedule for the next 6 months to ensure we are fully in stock and we won't ask our customers to go through this a second time! We know how annoying it can be. Thank you for your understanding! Look for Demo-Man and Evil Lyn to ship as early as the start of next week.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mound View Post
    I have no desire to either defend or accuse Toyguru of anything. Personally, as a lurker I find the fan-boy/girl arguing and complaining to be tiresome (though certainly everyone is free to express themselves, so carry on!). However, since I have seen it said multiple times over the last month that no apology has been offered, I find it might be helpful to the conversation to call attention to this post by Scott on the Mattycollector Forums on January 12 in response to a question from wolfmark. (See bolded text specifically.)
    LOL... Hey! Not only did Toyguru apologize, but they all did. Hence the "We" in "We totally apologize for this delay."

I think people are probably mad because Toyguru didn't accept sole responsibility for the delay. I really don't care either way. It's been said and there's the proof.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    LOL... Hey! Not only did Toyguru apologize, but they all did. Hence the "We" in "We totally apologize for this delay."

I think people are probably mad because Toyguru didn't accept sole responsibility for the delay. I really don't care either way. It's been said and there's the proof.
    A weak apology at best over a week after all the issue and complaining started! I'm not mad that he didn't take the full blame. I am mad cause of when they should have told us! They knew weeks in advance of the delay! Instead, they waited til a few days prior to sale date to inform their customers! And even when some shipment was received and shipped. They said nothing! They treat us like we're stupid! All they had to do was tell us when they first heard of the delay! But they didn't. So people are upset! They have every right to be due to their poor business practices!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

"We totally apologize for the delay. It's a total bummer, man."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New stuff is up!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I'm up for Vintage Toy versions of the SS, but I agree with Scooter's guts: I definitely want more PoP gals, Snakemen, Hordesmen, Filmation newbies, minicomic characters, Space Mutants, Galactic Protectors, and Song-Sterin' figures first.

Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'm up for Vintage Toy versions of the SS, but I agree with Scooter's guts: I definitely want more PoP gals, Snakemen, Hordesmen, Filmation newbies, minicomic characters, Space Mutants, Galactic Protectors, and Song-Sterin' figures first.

As I said in another thread, I don't think it's fair to make fans vote on this issue. When Mattel didn't make the 2002 Evil-Lyn that most fans asked for, Mattel/the 4H immediately addressed the issue and no such vote was required. Also, I don't understand why the Star Sisters toy variants would have to replace a new character? We have variant slots. They don't have to come all at once either.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I'm quitting the line if we don't get Star Sisters variants and the potato salad-passer.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Jokes aside, I realize a lot of folks don't really like the Star Sisters, but I hope everyone can agree that there shouldn't be a separate set of rules like this. :/

You know what, Tallstar, you're right! Still, there are several variants I would prefer first (given, I love variants) but again, I would like SS Vintage Toy Prototype variants too.

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Um...ok, but why wouldn't toy versions of the Star Sisters qualify for Quaterly variants? Why would those take the place of new characters? I thought the point of the quarterly variants was that it would offer a new and different version of a character that had already seen a release. Unless they're going to be changing the nature of the quarterly bonus figure and offering all new characters as a quarterly bonus figure - like maybe a Filmation character...
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Um...ok, but why wouldn't toy versions of the Star Sisters qualify for Quaterly variants? Why would those take the place of new characters? I thought the point of the quarterly variants was that it would offer a new and different version of a character that had already seen a release. Unless they're going to be changing the nature of the quarterly bonus figure and offering all new characters as a quarterly bonus figure - like maybe a Filmation character...
    There's very little chance that variant Star Sisters would come out the winners when the other choice is all-new characters, so no doubt that's why he's giving fans these options. Do we even need a poll for this? It's like saying: "who do you want more, Illumina or Ram-Man? We can only do one or the other."

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree that answer's not very good...or fair. It should be "Who would you rather have, Tallstar in toy colours, with removable pants and waist extension or Buzz-Saw Hordak?"
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yeah, I agree that answer's not very good...or fair. It should be "Who would you rather have, Tallstar in toy colours, with removable pants and waist extension or Buzz-Saw Hordak?"
    Exactly.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    You know what I wouldn't mind the toy versions or "battleground Star Sisters" in the future - I've grown to like them and I can't wait to receive mine. I'm thinking maybe release with individually as "bonus" figures not in the sub but more like King Grayskull V2 or Bubble Power She-Ra.

Also I really think only Tallstar and Jewelstar (IMO) require 2nd versions - Starla looks the same to me apart from a bit more glitz.

i don´t think he´s asking for a vote, i think he is just looking for enough interest in them - for yet another BGEL there were already heaps of people asking for it.

add my +1 for getting toy versions. i still can't believe they made the wrong versions, i thought the 4H checked out this forum from time to time, what people were asking for was pretty clear. they get a 'Fail' on this one for not bothering to listen to the fans.

I'd like to commend both of you for phrasing your comments in a way that doesn't victimize us yet again. It really makes me happy and it's refreshing to see that some folks can look at this situation objectively, instead of coming from a place of wanting to stick it to fans for "complaining" or making a snap: "Nope. Don't want this in MY subscription!" vote, without maybe really understanding the events that preceded the unveiling of the Star Sisters at SDCC and what it means to vote in the poll that was created over on Matty forums.

I'm really getting that annoyed vibe over there. Very few want to listen, but I bet some of these folks wouldn't want to be treated like that when the tables are turned.

I see where you're coming from, Magic Hat, as TS and JS are much different from one look to the next, but....!!! Starla needs her nifty backpack accessory!!!

If the line is going to continue as long as I hope it does, these could be great ways to mix up the variant slot without dipping as frequently into the "main" character pool.

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Toyguru answered a whole bunch of new questions.

I don't buy the Star Sisters variants answer because the He-Man and Skeletor variants will always take up two of the variant slots. Who are the other major contenders for variants besides the main two guys? And I thought that simple TRU repaints wouldn't be included in the sub. Unless, I'm forgetting someone, 200X Evil-Lyn is the Star Sister's only real competition and those are basically 4 slots. We have two available.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Let them produce a good pelvis piece first before they make a variant of the SS.I would love to buy a toy version of Tallstar.I'm fine with the other 2

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    What is the official Mattel word on the affiliation of the "Evil Robot" that was seen in a the 80's toy catalogs, but never produced. The paragraph describing him mentions Skeletor, but it looks like he has Horde symbols on him.

Offically, he is evil.

It's like the department of redundancy department answered.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Until they are willing to drastically improve the poor labor conditions in China, I don't see the quality control changing. They also need to move all customer service to the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Until they are willing to drastically improve the poor labor conditions in China, I don't see the quality control changing. They also need to move all customer service to the states.
    This is likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by labrat1881 View Post
    Let them produce a good pelvis piece first before they make a variant of the SS.I would love to buy a toy version of Tallstar.I'm fine with the other 2
    Perhaps the 4H can think ahead and make the new pelvis so it's compatible with Tallstar's waist extension as well as all the other gals in unitards/leotards. And if that's not possible, maybe doing a Tallstar variant is a good way to get a removable pelvis for Mermista.

I kind of feel bad about this whole situation, even though it's not my fault they went with versions that most folks weren't asking for. My choice would be to get Tallstar first. (hope folks aren't upset that I'm being "selfish")

In addition to the alternate color scheme and translucent boots/hands, I would also want her to come with a waist extension, updated "twirly pants", and the connector pieces that are shown in the American catalog. (if those are possible)