Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MOTU Classics Star Sisters Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hawt stuff! ;-)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Her magazine colour scheme is starting to grow on me. Pun intended. This set isn't exactly what I wanted all these years, or hoped for, but I do still like it a lot and am very excited for it! I'm glad I'm liking this colour scheme more too. I remember when I first saw the Star Sister poster when I joined here. Eeek.

I do still hope we get Toy Versions of the Star Sisters as individual releases in the future, but if we can only have ONE Star Sister get a 2.0 version, I really hope it's for Tallstar (with waist extension piece and removable pants as well as her current extension pieces). Even if you don't care for Tallstar, pop a different head on the Toy Coloured version and she looks like an astronaut that journeyed with Marlena Glenn! So many possibilities with that girl! *swoon*

The Filmation fans should really LOVE MOTUC Tallstar because she's pretty much Filmation Glimmer* (with reversed colours). (waits for the people to hate on me for saying that ).

*not the Glimmer I'm hoping for in MOTUC. Silver over blue, is my motto!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 14, 2012 at 05:08pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

http://frankshemanpage.net/huntara02.JPG

*not the Glimmer I'm hoping for in MOTUC. Silver over blue, is my motto!
    Yikes.

That's not a Glimmer I'd want either.*

She's cowering all like "Mother! Don't look at me! My hideously huge upper torso with it's giant hands and head is too much for my smaller lower body, especially since my left thigh has disappeared!"

*yes this is a joke
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Request:
    Dan, could you please post pictures of Jewelstar wearing Bubble Power She-ra's "Gladiator Dress"?
    I'm thinking about having her BP She-ra's accesories, but I don't know if it fits, because of the crystals on her back...

I'd appreciate if you could try to take some pics with BPSR's stuff.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; January 15, 2012 at 02:34pm.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Tallstar certainly gives the idea of what may be planned for Mekaneck, Extendar and Modulok. I suppose you could take the head off and put it on another female body and call her Glimmer until we get an actual Glimmer.

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know if the actual Tallstar "head" is separate from the purple neck piece (the basic one, not the add-on) or is it glued on?
    ne jabba no badda!

lol @ silver over blue. Of course, I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by joe-or View Post
    Does anyone know if the actual Tallstar "head" is separate from the purple neck piece (the basic one, not the add-on) or is it glued on?
    It's separate, but takes a bit of effort to remove from her head because it's a little difficult to get a grip on the neck piece.

There's a pic of it in my so-called 'review' thread. (I didn't pick that title, btw )

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...tures-Comments

Glimmer will look much different than Tallstar, just like 'stache-less MAA looks like MAA and not a Palace Guard.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Someone made a video response to Pixel Dan's video, but I can't post it here 'cause there's some swearing.

Search: "Response To Pixel Dan's MOTUC Star Sisters Review"

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=Tallstar;2924968] It's separate, but takes a bit of effort to remove from her head because it's a little difficult to get a grip on the neck piece.

There's a pic of it in my so-called 'review' thread. (I didn't pick that title, btw )

Thanks!
    ne jabba no badda!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Someone made a video response to Pixel Dan's video, but I can't post it here 'cause there's some swearing.

Wow. Just watched it. Someone needs to e-mail him TheFwoosh's picture:

Seriously though, I can understand his frustration about the money situation (and the very short warnings). Luckily, Mattel is doing the 2 payments to lessen this blow (which he didn't talk about). They lost a sale in me this month. They cancelled the Ghosbuster sub I signed up for (which would have shipped with my Star Sister set) and since I'm not buying anything else on Matty, I can't spend $9 extra on a Ghosbuster. So...they lost a sale on a struggling toy line because of the change.

Anyway, back to the Star Sisters. He doesn't like them at all. That's cool. To say 95% of people hate them/don't give a *bleep* about them is untrue. A lot of people wished they were toy colours and/or sculpts, but that doesn't mean they hate them (it does make some people hate them though). We'll get a better look at this hopefully tonight (Val said he's posting the poll results). There are many people who are really excited for these girls!

I mean, there are MANY customers buying the MOTUC line. A big chunk of people are in it for PoP mainly (like me, for example). It's nice to actually get a reward for our loyalty and money every once in a while.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

He-Man.org also does NOT represent ALL purchasers of a sub or day-of sales. Many members HERE respect most aspects of MOTU, though, even in this group, not all do.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Several people have already mentioned it but I feel it's necessary to point out again (since Dan didn't really get into it in the review) but with the Battleground Teela hips and no cut joint at the top of the boots, Starla and Jewelstar have very limited and very dated articulation in their legs. There are very few interesting poses these ladies can get into besides the splits that Dan used in the review to demonstrate their leg articulation. This is one of the most disappointing aspects of these figures for me (and I have Jewelstar in hand already). The BG Teela hips are really frustrating in their lack of articulation ESPECIALLY on figures with skirts like Sorceress and Starla.

Nice Review Dan thanks. Though Jewelstar still looks like a drunk drag queen to me.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Request:
    Dan, could you please post pictures of Jewelstar wearing Bubble Power She-ra's "Gladiator Dress"?
    I'm thinking about having her BP She-ra's accesories, but I don't know if it fits, because of the crystals on her back...

I'd appreciate if you could try to take some pics with BPSR's stuff.
    Thanks in advance!
    No, it will not fit on Jewelstar because the crystals on the back block it. I tried this myself when I got her. Doesn't work.

And personally, I really like the look of Jewelstar's face. The one I have is well sculpted and well painted.

So...who's gonna start the "Star Sisters arrival/talkback" thread? Noticed at least one person got them already. I need to hear what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

The individual who posted the video response is behaving in an irrational manner, and has locked his video because he does not wish to engage in intelligent discourse. He also seems to be one of those who complain no matter what. And here's my biggest point of contention with him: If you have to budget your money so tightly that 40 additional dollars kick your butt, stop buying toys. You obviously can't afford them. Mattel was up front about how much the subscription would cost.

Unrelated, Dan did his usual bang up job on this video review. Thanks, Dan, for giving us a heads up on what to expect when we get our Star Sisters packs.
    Last edited by Nick Jones; January 16, 2012 at 09:37pm. Reason: Restored a portion deleted by Moderator. Rephrased to follow forum rules.
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

It was unfair of Mattel to change up the schedule three days or so before the figure is released. $40 can be a big deal to some people. It is to me. I'm not rich. But I collect the line.

I think the immediate feedback from fans about having more advance notice created some backpeddling. I honestly dont think Matty looked at the big picture and saw it as extra money out because they were originally scheduled for Jan. It took us going,"Look guys, you changed the line-up so we had one figure to budget for!!" When I posted about needing more time to plan, it wasnt even 24 hrs before they made up the new payment arrangement........i am not taking credit for it, just saying. One of the things that I appreciate about this toyline is that we are heard and taken into consideration.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    It was unfair of Mattel to change up the schedule three days or so before the figure is released. $40 can be a big deal to some people. It is to me. I'm not rich. But I collect the line.
    I'm not rich either, but I set aside money and plan ahead. I budgeted $100 for the January figures and $20 for shipping back in July, when the schedule was first announced. As things moved around, I moved money around, but I DIDN'T spend it! Mattel clearly stated that the subscription would cost $560, the 30th Anniversary line would cost $120, and we all know DR charges about $11 in shipping fees per month. All told, that's around $820. That's just one of each subscription. If $40 is a big deal to you, then $820 should be making you REALLY cringe.

All that said, I'm not trying to get in some online battle with you. Generally, I agree with your thoughts and opinions. I don't post very often (as my sig so glaringly points out), but when I do, it's because I am passionate about it. I hope you understand.

The difference is, you were not contracted (the sub) to pay that all at once. There is a big difference between $60 and $20. To me. They could have done better than tell us three or so days before the sale date to inform us of this. That's lousy planning and advertising and communication on their part and not fair to those budgeting out.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The difference is, you were not contracted (the sub) to pay that all at once. There is a big difference between $60 and $20. To me. They could have done better than tell us three or so days before the sale date to inform us of this. That's lousy planning and advertising and communication on their part and not fair to those budgeting out.
    When we purchased the sub in July, we were ALL contracted to spend $100 in January. We agreed to it, since we all bought subs. I'm not defending Mattel's lousy advertising or communication, but the simple fact is a lot of people have been extremely shortsighted/forgetful of the past. Selling the subs in July (and yes, I know that they opened the subs back up in September) was intended for us to plan ahead.

Look, I'm a Soldier. The US Military plans EVERYTHING out in advance, sometimes by years. It tends to bleed through to one's everyday life. I've already started planning my 2013 MOTUC budget.

I'm okay with these figures like they are. Im not a pop fan, but I understand getting the figures. That said, I keep hearing how great the 4H are; would some explain to me why we are getting granny panties and a butter face on these figures?

I think of them not as grannie panties, but more like high waist pants that come and go out of fashion...which were in fashion when these dolls were originally created.

However, I don't want to see them on the rest of the female figures.
    Last edited by danielsan52; January 17, 2012 at 02:02am.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Not looking forward to these one bit. But a great review nevertheless. Pixel Dan, you are the man.
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine