Thread: Custom Battle Armor Faker

MOTUC Battle Armor Faker Custom (Non TRU version)

I repainted the Palace Guard chest & one leg armor to match Fakers color scheme & to be colored like the 2-pack BA Faker without all the bright orange & black. And painted silver details to give it that metal look so it fit Faker's robotic persona. And instead of using the panels, I chose to let the tape deck show through.

Before....Basic Palace Guard armor back..
    Attachment 71914

After modifying the armor to have better weapon storage, and look less like the PG armor.

Edit: Updated pics and name of the thread....

Attached pics are old pics.

Filmation MAA Custom
    Dragstor Custom
    Filmation Hordak & Horde Prime Customs
    Battle Armor Faker Custom
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 14, 2012 at 01:32pm. Reason: Updated the pics with a new mod I did.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Nice. I prefer this to the TRU release.

Thanks, really I like your customs, so from you I appreciate it. He is my second MOTU custom, I usually do Transformers....my first was Filmation MAA.

I modified the back a little for weapon storage and as soon as I paint it, I will post the updated pics...

As soon as I can get another Palace Guard chest armor, I am going to do one for my Skeletor too. I just have to figure out a way to put a little skull on that one.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 15, 2012 at 11:03am.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Nice! Simple, but very cool.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    he looks awesome!

nice job.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Thanks for the replies, I really do like how it turned out, now that I am done with him.

I changed the pics in the first post to new ones with the weapon storage mods to the armor back plate...It can hold up to 3 things now in the right configuration.

in the center part, you can fit the standard Power Sword & a Battle Axe (not pictured, but there is plenty of room), and I left one clip for another weapon, I am using the 200X Power Sword.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Snappy Threader
    Really cool. I'm digging the weapon storage on the back, I like how you did it.

Thanks, it was a last minute addition after the original pics were taken, I really wanted him to have a warrior robot feel, but still have the Faker (He-Man) vibe.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Great custom. Looks like he repaired himself using whatever parts he could find nearby and left the Eternian junk yard ready to seek revenge against the Masters!

Very cool.

I think the guard's body armor suits Faker a lot better than Skeletor's body armor. The addition of the shoulder piece and the silver/black/red accents look great. IMO it'd look fine without the shin armor. I also think that it'd be cool for him to have a gun & sword versus two swords. Maybe Webstor's or a repaint of the red one from the Weapons Rack?

Heroic Warrior
    You did a really good job with the painting, it came out really good. I also like how you wanted something different for Faker and not just borrowing from He-Man and Skeletor like he has always traditionally done. However, I only have one concern and that is doesn't having Faker's insides exposed defeat the purpose of wearing battle armor in the first place?

Thanks for the comments, I still appreciate them, and thanks for looking.

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    You did a really good job with the painting, it came out really good. I also like how you wanted something different for Faker and not just borrowing from He-Man and Skeletor like he has always traditionally done. However, I only have one concern and that is doesn't having Faker's insides exposed defeat the purpose of wearing battle armor in the first place?
    I have a piece of the battle damage plate painted & dark washed for him, but I like how he looks with the blue and the control panel showing. He's taking a break and wanted to air his chest out a little

Although I could color match the damage panel for him in his skin tone.....might work, with the silver showing in the dents and paint the raised lines black or something.

Quote Originally Posted by VENENOR View Post
    Very cool.

I think the guard's body armor suits Faker a lot better than Skeletor's body armor. The addition of the shoulder piece and the silver/black/red accents look great. IMO it'd look fine without the shin armor. I also think that it'd be cool for him to have a gun & sword versus two swords. Maybe Webstor's or a repaint of the red one from the Weapons Rack?
    The shin armor was painted purple to look less out of place and more like it belonged instead of the orange. I like it both ways, I can't decide how to leave it so I usually just leave it on. I also am going to paint the brown straps that hold the arm guard and leg guard dark silver to match his larger wristlet straps..looking at the pics I totally forgot to do that. As for a gun, at the moment I don't happen to have one except the one with MAA. And for the 2 swords if I had the orange or blue Battle Axe, he would have that instead of one of the swords. I just though that the 200X sword being mechanical suited Faker being that it's big too, and was a fill in for the axe.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 26, 2012 at 11:17pm.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I have a piece of the battle damage plate painted & dark washed for him, but I like how he looks with the blue and the control panel showing. He's taking a break and wanted to air his chest out a little
    Hey, ain't nothing wrong with letting the pecs breathe every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Although I could color match the damage panel for him in his skin tone.....might work, with the silver showing in the dents and paint the raised lines black or something.
    I think that would look really good. One of the things that really pops about your figure is how you've painted the different pieces of the armor to somewhat coincide with where they are placed, i.e. the purple shinguard.

Updated pics and changed Thread name to match my new custom threads....

Filmation MAA Custom
    Dragstor Custom
    Filmation Hordak & Horde Prime Customs
    Battle Armor Faker Custom
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very nice mate.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Evil Master of Halloween Sorcerer's Avatar
    I really love this figure! It's design is very simple, but your application and paint scheme really make it pop so that it's not just Faker with Palace Guard armor but a new character in it's own right. I have a question or you, if you don't mind. What prompted the choice to use Skeletor's sword rather than Fakers? I tend to do the same thing with my display often, and I'm curious if our reasons are similar.
    "Nothing in this world is the was it should be. It's harsh, and cruel, and that's why there's us. We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it could be."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    I really love this figure! It's design is very simple, but your application and paint scheme really make it pop so that it's not just Faker with Palace Guard armor but a new character in it's own right. I have a question or you, if you don't mind. What prompted the choice to use Skeletor's sword rather than Fakers? I tend to do the same thing with my display often, and I'm curious if our reasons are similar.
    I like the contrast in colors, to break up the all orange stuff....plus I do use the Faker Sword sometimes as well with this armor, the back of the armor holds both swords and the axe. Sometimes I use both swords in my display, it also looks cool, to have both a Purple & Orange sword, since that is his color scheme.

I also darkened the PG armor, and dirtied it up, to make it look as though it went with his basic Skeletor armor as well.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor