Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (1/17/2012)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (1/17/2012)

Poe Ghostal

3.) Dark Angel asks: The thigh piece for the female buck first seen on Battleground Teela is apparently being reused on two of the Star Sisters. This piece lacks the very important upper thigh POA that is really integral for posing, balancing, and allowing female figures to “ride” the various critters of MOTUC. It is also particularly important, if I may say, when one wants their female figures to stand a bit more demurely than the average action figure). Is the use of this solid thigh piece going to be limited (or better yet, eliminated), or are we on the road to permanently losing this POA from the female buck?

This is something decided on by the Horsemen and design on a figure by figure basis. There is no specific “rule.”
    He-man.de

1) Surprisingly, the Bionatops was renamed Bionotops in the new Minicomic. I wonder what the reason was for this and how it will be called onwards?

Simply a legal issue. No bigger story!

2) The text in the minicomic is actually printed pretty small. Will this be equal in the forthcoming two minicomics?

Yes. But their won't be as much text per page as their was on page 1 of issue 1. This page was a lot of catch up and exposition.

3) The inclusion of the "Thunder Punch" energy ball is a welcome addition to the line. Would it be possible to include a kind of "transformation lightning" for the power sword with the next He-Man variant?

A very cool idea but nothing is in the works like this right now. Who knows what the future will bring!

4) The following question will definetly qualify for the nerdiest question ever asked: What kind of fur are the furry shorts made of? Do people like Stinkor dye their furry shorts orange or what strange colored animals are the shorts made off?

That is a closely guarded secret to be revealed one day in the distant future.

5) I remember the overall roadmap was planned till 2017 at one point. That was way before the inclusion of Filmation, Jetlag etc. characters. Can you tell us how long the roadmap currently is planned?

We have it thought out for a few more years at this point, but that in no way means the line is guaranteed to go that long or that the current team will still be running the line. But it is at least good to have a roadmap to ensure each year has a robust mix of characters and we don't run our of steam to quickly.
    Kastor's Korner

Kastor's Korner: The first vehicle in the MOTUC line appeared to have a misprint on the shipper box, labelling it as a different vehicle… was this a typo/ miscommunication over a production note, or an easter egg to fans?

Matty: Names found on shipper boxes are there for legal reasons. They are not intended as an Easter Egg or to have any other hidden meaning.
    Hordak.de

1. Draego Man's shield... wouldn't it be a nice accessory for Snake Man-At-Arms?!

It would be cool but not something we can afford in the cost of the figure. But we are looking for other ways to get it out eventually.

2. The fan response for the Wind Raider was awesome and no doubt this item will sell out and there will be more vehicles (these questions have been sent before sale-date). Will the design team concentrate on vintage vehicles first? No doubt, not everyone out there would want a bubble carriage or butterflier...but most of the NA vehicle concepts have been amazing! An updated Shuttle Pod and Terrapod would be an incredible addition to the line... so, are those eventually mentioned higher on the list than others?

The Windraider actually only did "okay" for us. While there is no vehicle planned for 2012, we are still reviewing if future vehicles are possible. This is entirely due to the high cost of tooling and the one time use. Vehicles do not have shared parts the way beasts or figures do.

3. A question directly to Scott: Would you mind showing us some pictures from your office/ toy shelf? It wouls be nice to see how you display your figures!

From toyguru:"I don't have any right now but will see what I can do. We have reasonable security levels in our buildings and I can't just snap pictures without approvals from management."

4. Without telling us any name or bio- do we fans know any of the fighting foe men yet- without knowing that he belongs to that group? Just give us a hint!

Yes, but they may not be who you think.

5. In the 200x cartoon Squeeze had short arms he could elongate. So, when you get to this character, how would you prefer to make him? Rubber arms with a wire inside like on the vintage figure or arms with clip-on-parts like seen on Tallstar, only longer?!

We tend to leave these choices to the Horsemen. We'll have to see when and if we get to him!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.popculturenetwork.com/
    http://www.figures.com/
    http://www.superherotimes.com/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://experiencethewonder.com
    http://www.motucportal.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.poeghostal.com/
    www.kittyspryde.com
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.motucfigures.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    The Ultimate She-Ra Guide
    MOTUClassics.com

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 18, 2012 at 01:42pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

"That is a closely guarded secret to be revealed one day in the distant future."

Yeah, it's one of the Secrets of Castle Greyskull Toyguru has promised to spill.

I'm not a fan of his writing, nor most of his original ideas, so I'm not looking forward to that!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    "That is a closely guarded secret to be revealed one day in the distant future."

Yeah, it's one of the Secrets of Castle Greyskull Toyguru has promised to spill.

I'm not a fan of his writing, nor most of his original ideas, so I'm not looking forward to that!
    Oh come ooooooon! Can't we just have some fun with the furry shorts? (That's what she said!)
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Spoil sport

Who does not want to know the secrets of the Eternian tailor
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Spoil sport

Who does not want to know the secrets of the Eternian tailor
    Tail-Lor, the heroic lizard tailor. I smell a sub exclusive.

5) I remember the overall roadmap was planned till 2017 at one point. That was way before the inclusion of Filmation, Jetlag etc. characters. Can you tell us how long the roadmap currently is planned?

We have it thought out for a few more years at this point, but that in no way means the line is guaranteed to go that long or that the current team will still be running the line. But it is at least good to have a roadmap to ensure each year has a robust mix of characters and we don't run our of steam to quickly.
    That's a slightly different answer than what we normally receive.

Heroic Warrior
    "We have it thought out for a few more years at this point, but that in no way means the line is guaranteed to go that long or that the current team will still be running the line. But it is at least good to have a roadmap to ensure each year has a robust mix of characters and we don't run our of steam to quickly."

What other team could possibly handle this line? I hope no one at Matty gets the boot.

Heroic Warrior
    YAAAWN ! Uninformative answers all the way... as was expected. Another negative point for Mattel this month. Holy Molly ! I think Toyguru beat his pitiful record, this month !

Did you also notice the "end of the line" smell in one of these answers ?

"that in no way means the line is guaranteed to go that long or that the current team will still be running the line"...
    Bravo, TG ! Nice way to bolster the trust we have in this line and in Mattel ! That will be ANOTHER negative point that I give you this month...
    Last edited by Prahvus; January 17, 2012 at 05:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    YAAAWN ! Uninformative answers all the way... as was expected. Another negative point for Mattel this month. Holy Molly ! I think Toyguru beat his pitiful record, this month !

Bravo, TG ! Nice way to bolster the trust we have in this line and in Mattel ! That will be ANOTHER negative point that I give you this month...
    I think someone needs to stop being obsessed with the death of the line, it's not healthy
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe if we got more positive signals from Mattel and Toyguru, there would be less talk about the line's demise and "healthier" reactions ? Just a thought...

and we don't run our of steam to quickly
    UGH, grammar and spell check please!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I agree with Prahvus, you could leave out the doom and gloom and just say, Yes we have the line planned out until 20XX and cant wait to get to the end and look back at all the wonderful MOTUC we have!

That doom and gloom answer does suck. I mean, this year and next will probably offer more than enough figures to satisfy the masses. But if subs are down, scale back on the offerings and just go for 12-16 figures a year, nothing more. You will have so many more subs, than asking for folks to lay out $500+ a year. Do 4-5 vintage, 3 PoP, 3 200x/NA, 1-2 concept/Filamtion a year. If I was running the show, that's what I would do. You will have more than enough subs to continue the line for years.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Sorta gloomy.

I wouldn't mind the line scaling back some to gather steam again. Maybe 16 figures a year with two larger items...or even just a certain ballpark $ amount for large items: one year it's Castle Grayskull's facade (I'm okay with that, I guess, though I'd love a playset!) and the next year it could be a Tyrantisaurus and Horde Trooper 2-Pack.

I don't know.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    What happened to the typical...."we have a road map planned out till 2017 so we will get to him/her/it etc."?
    Instead we get the DOOM AND GLOOM...."by no means does this mean the line is guarunteed."
    NICE TG, good way to instill MORE panic within the MOTUniverse.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    http://www.criticalmess.net/index.php?page=675

Critical Mess shows that Mattel has flip flopped on the issue of whether or not other Mattel lines can use MOTUC beasts.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

It would be nice to know what animal's fur came from the loincloth and boots that is quite the fashion trend on Eternos. I just hope they're not planning to pull the plug on the line anytime soon before we at least have every individual vintage figure get a MOTUC upgrade.

Songster's Understudy SUPERFANben's Avatar
    No Binoatops! Grrrrr
    You getting a Songster figure will be my fault.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Well, most anyone with a love for proper sentence structure, proper grammar, clean plotlines, entertaining fiction, anything resembling good writing or a respect for the English language feels the same way.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Well, most anyone with a love for proper sentence structure, proper grammar, clean plotlines, entertaining fiction, anything resembling good writing or a respect for the English language feels the same way.
    I love BC, he never disappoints!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

To be fair... I blame pointless questions.

This line has been going since 2008. We KNOW what questions WILL and WON'T be answered by now. Half of these questions I could have guessed the 'stock answer' for... and ALL of our own I knew before they were even sent in.

As for doom and gloom, I appreciate the honesty (if it is honesty...)

I've always said that 2017 was unlikely.

At worst the line would be canceled and they'd move on to something new... at best, it would be a movie year or the size would change, or it'd go to retail and be reimagined... There aren't very many lines out there that have a steady stream and a steady scale for 9-10 years.

I actually would have guessed 'we have a roadmap, but it's been extended and characters have been shuffled around' as the stock answer... It was nice to get SOMETHING unexpected

Ha!

Bionatops is changed to Bionotops for "legal reasons?"

How about YOU MISSPELLED IT, Scott. Just like the Oo-Larr TM, which you insist is the name of the "jungle he-man," yet it was filed just prior to MO-LARR's release.

LoL!!

Come ON.

Is honesty a dead concept?
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Is honesty a dead concept?
    Mattel never makes mistakes.

Except with lead.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

3.) Dark Angel asks: The thigh piece for the female buck first seen on Battleground Teela is apparently being reused on two of the Star Sisters. This piece lacks the very important upper thigh POA that is really integral for posing, balancing, and allowing female figures to “ride” the various critters of MOTUC. It is also particularly important, if I may say, when one wants their female figures to stand a bit more demurely than the average action figure). Is the use of this solid thigh piece going to be limited (or better yet, eliminated), or are we on the road to permanently losing this POA from the female buck?

This is something decided on by the Horsemen and design on a figure by figure basis. There is no specific “rule.”
    i don't understand this one. i wish they'd expand on the reasoning behind these design decisions. i see no reason why the more articulated leg wouldn't work for BG Teela or any of the other characters.

Still waiting on my answers... despite 2 e-mails checking in on them.

Sallah