Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (1/17/2012)

That is a closely guarded secret to be revealed one day in the distant future.
    Ha! I hope that's not just a joke and actually something they're gona hit in the future. Extra points if it's somehow important to the story. If they don't do it, I'm gona do it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    What happened to the typical...."we have a road map planned out till 2017 so we will get to him/her/it etc."?
    Instead we get the DOOM AND GLOOM...."by no means does this mean the line is guarunteed."
    NICE TG, good way to instill MORE panic within the MOTUniverse.
    Gotta get people to buy those subs next year...

Seriously, this reply is odd, not just because it's a big change from what's been said before, but the whole gist of it does give the doomsayers like me around here something to really talk about, especially the part about who the team might be. Then again, changing of the guard seems a regular occurrence at Mattel. I recall no less than three brand managers for MOTU 2002, more managers than years it ran...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think someone needs to stop being obsessed with the death of the line, it's not healthy
    Agreed, and he has indeed said a few similar things here and there before.

Besides, the Voltron toys got pushed back too. I think the DC ones did too.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    This makes no sense:

1. Draego Man's shield... wouldn't it be a nice accessory for Snake Man-At-Arms?!

It would be cool but not something we can afford in the cost of the figure. But we are looking for other ways to get it out eventually.

How can they not afford to do the shield with a cheap repaint with an alternate head?

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Agreed, and he has indeed said a few similar things here and there before.

Besides, the Voltron toys got pushed back too. I think the DC ones did too.
    Nothing got pushed back. Voltron was always Feb and DCU was always April.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    This makes no sense:

1. Draego Man's shield... wouldn't it be a nice accessory for Snake Man-At-Arms?!

It would be cool but not something we can afford in the cost of the figure. But we are looking for other ways to get it out eventually.

How can they not afford to do the shield with a cheap repaint with an alternate head?

Nothing got pushed back. Voltron was always Feb and DCU was always April.

If I remember correctly, I believe it was mentioned before that they were gonna go back and try to make SMAA different by incorporating parts from some other figures; that still takes time and money to make changes....especially when you consider that the sub exclusive is an almost completely new tool, and we're already seeing tons of new tooling as it is this year. I know that the shield isn't a new tool technically, but SMAA may not be the best figure to put it with...at least not from what I hear of all the changes they're trying to do to it.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    He was done to help save some money. They do have to spread the wealth, and as KingRandor82 just mentioned, a lot of tooling dollars have been spent.

I did hear that SnakeMAA was a way for them to save money. I think it's reasonable. I just wish they had planned the figure a little differently... or given us blonde tiara Teela with red staff and the waist twist or something... I mean, they tooled a new head and the ring of Serpos for SnakeMAA, they could have made a new two-piece warrior goddess outfit for a similar amount of money, right?

I don't mind Snake MAA, I just think that repaints can be done in a more clever way (uhm, Stinkor?? )
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

SMAA could end up looking a little better at NYTF. We should wait and see . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    SMAA could end up looking a little better at NYTF. We should wait and see . . .
    I agree with this.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

5) I remember the overall roadmap was planned till 2017 at one point. That was way before the inclusion of Filmation, Jetlag etc. characters. Can you tell us how long the roadmap currently is planned?

We have it thought out for a few more years at this point, but that in no way means the line is guaranteed to go that long or that the current team will still be running the line. But it is at least good to have a roadmap to ensure each year has a robust mix of characters and we don't run our of steam to quickly.

There is so much you can we could take from this answer:

1) Due to recent delays and rising shipping cost, Mattel is reconsidering the fate of MOTU.
    2) Scott is ready to move on to other projects now that his figure The Mighty Spector is being made so he no longer needs to push MOTUC Line.
    3) Scott is tire of criticism from MOTUC fans and wants to move on.
    4) Scott and his team have been threatened with Termination by Mattel after only catching that the December 2011 figures were going to be delayed three days before the sale cuasing a ripple affect of delays till possibly July.
    5) The 4 Horsemen are ready to move on to other projects.
    6) The 4 Horsemen's contracts are almost up with Mattel.
    7) Several members of the staff are being terminated due to budget cuts.
    8) There is no budget to continue MOTUC in 2013.

Heroic Warrior
    Seems to be dropping a lot of hints that this line is about to be cancelled... "if and when we get to him" ... "still reviewing if future vehicles are possible" ... "but that in no way means the line is guaranteed to go that long".

And TG can't take a photo without management clearance? What is Mattel, the Fourth Reich? I wonder if he can use the bathroom without upper management's approval first. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Seems to be dropping a lot of hints that this line is about to be cancelled... "if and when we get to him" ... "still reviewing if future vehicles are possible" ... "but that in no way means the line is guaranteed to go that long".

And TG can't take a photo without management clearance? What is Mattel, the Fourth Reich? I wonder if he can use the bathroom without upper management's approval first. Good grief.
    That is nothing new, especially when trying to sell people on the idea that a subscription is the way to go.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    He was done to help save some money. They do have to spread the wealth, and as KingRandor82 just mentioned, a lot of tooling dollars have been spent.

I did hear that SnakeMAA was a way for them to save money. I think it's reasonable. I just wish they had planned the figure a little differently... or given us blonde tiara Teela with red staff and the waist twist or something... I mean, they tooled a new head and the ring of Serpos for SnakeMAA, they could have made a new two-piece warrior goddess outfit for a similar amount of money, right?

I don't mind Snake MAA, I just think that repaints can be done in a more clever way (uhm, Stinkor?? )
    I personally would have prefered Snake Teela with a SMAA head packed in. And of couse a MAA reissue that month!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

That's exactly what I've been saying! I really want the Snake versions of the requisite heroes, but doing Snake Teela (whose whole exposed body would need new deco) and adding a SMAA head as a "Secret Bonus Accessory" woulve been awesome to me. Even cooler if they also threw in a Snake Mekaneck head (and neck piece).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I agree with Prahvus, you could leave out the doom and gloom and just say, Yes we have the line planned out until 20XX and cant wait to get to the end and look back at all the wonderful MOTUC we have!
    I also agree with both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    That doom and gloom answer does suck. I mean, this year and next will probably offer more than enough figures to satisfy the masses. But if subs are down, scale back on the offerings and just go for 12-16 figures a year, nothing more. You will have so many more subs, than asking for folks to lay out $500+ a year. Do 4-5 vintage, 3 PoP, 3 200x/NA, 1-2 concept/Filamtion a year. If I was running the show, that's what I would do. You will have more than enough subs to continue the line for years.
    I think the number one thing that would bolster everyone's spirits would be an announcement that digital river has been fired. Choirs of angels would sing from on-high.

I used to think everyone's complaints about the address change problems were outlandish... and then... I had this happen. Back in October I called DR TO BE PROACTIVE and said I need to change my address. I gave the new address AND I CALLED EACH MONTH THROUGH DECEMBER to confirm they had the right address. They read it back to me. So, much to my surprise, I receive the shipping notification email for Demo-Man and BGEL a couple weeks ago... the address is correct... so far so good. BUT WHEN I TRACKED THE PACKAGE AFTER IT DIDN'T ARRIVE I LEARNED THEY SHIPPED THE PACKAGE TO THE OLD ADDRESS!!! ***? How does **** like this happen?

Luckily I was able to retrieve the package, yesterday. Still in awe over the sheer stupidity of DR.
    Last edited by Darth Daddy; January 26, 2012 at 11:41am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I agree with Prahvus, you could leave out the doom and gloom and just say, Yes we have the line planned out until 20XX and cant wait to get to the end and look back at all the wonderful MOTUC we have!
    Toyguru (or Mattell) is just beeing carefull making statements. Because when he would say that the line will continue into 2017 or further a lot of people here would take that as sort of promise. An there can be a thousend reasons this line will end sooner. They are just beeing carefull with what they are saying.
    As long MOTUC has fans like us i think it will be allright.

Looks like my communication issues with Mattel are now straightened out! We now have answers for the January 17th "Ask Matty" segment, and we should be good moving forward...

"Ask Matty" January 17, 2012 at MOTUCFigures.com

Sallah