Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wind Raider's sales were "okay"

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    I ended up buying four Wind Raiders. Vehicles are much more appealing buying in multiples than beasts like Battle Cat or Panthor since they're machines, not sole characters.

With the holiday season near its end, late sale date (very few Wind Raiders arrived before Christmas), and the Demo-Man delay, I think those factors might turned off some customers.

Mattel, please make more vehicles! I think the middle of the year would be a better time for a vehicle release.

Maybe they only made a small amount of them, and it sold slowly. Add in the unique tooling, and there might not have been as much profit.
    Just trying to think of a logical explanation for this answer. I mean, it sold out.

Here's an idea: put it in the middle of the year, instead of in December when people don't have a lot of money to throw around. Then maybe it will sell faster.

Mattel can save their Granymyr, I don't want it and won't buy it. I'll take a Battle Ram or Roton, or even one of the more crappy vehicles, before I'd spend twice the amount on some fat dragon.

Court Magician Sentinelgrayskull's Avatar
    If its sold out and it did ok than its on Scott because they produced only enough to do "ok." I think what he is saying is that there wasn't enough subscriptions and it didn't justify the higher numbers. Excuses, excuses...

I'm so done. I'm still waiting for my subscription Snout Spout!!! Geez I can't believe the line is going downhill. 2 years from now we will be discussing what caused its demise. Answer: Digital River and Scott's inability to execute.

The Wind Raider was one of the best toys yet made by Mattel. If they did not make enough to make a profit then they are not very smart. They should have made enough to sell for 2 or 3 sales. If they have back stock they should have put them up for this terrible January sale. I bought 3 and would have bought another if they would have been at their original price.

I will eagerly buy a few Rotons or Battle Rams
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

It probably didn't sell out fast enough for them. *shaking head*

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It probably didn't sell out fast enough for them. *shaking head*
    He (TG) stated that to be true. Just re-read the quote.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I wonder exactly what Mattel expects from the customer base as well as their definition of successful. Shine on, you ambigious bat-guano crazy conglomerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I'd say this doesn't look good for the Old dragon ...
    Yeah.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

These comments are a bit confusing and I know that others here have commented on it. If the vehicle sold out what does it matter if it sold out in 1 hour or 1 week? They still sold x-number of units. Is DR charging them by the day to keep things in a warehouse?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    He (TG) stated that to be true. Just re-read the quote.
    Yeah people are missing the point, Scott specifically states it did not sell out FAST enough like Battle Cat did, the importance being a super fast sell out means they underestimated demand and that we are willing to buy more if offered. A slow sell out or a just okay one means they gauged the production run just right or they overshipped it and it took longer then planned.

Only problem is it completely goes against the lines original desire to keep things on the shelves for a few weeks, if you want fast sell outs that is not going to happen.

So in the grand scheme of things it probably means we might get 1 vehicle a year starting in 2013 but it did not fly off the shelves super fast enough to warrant more than one.

He could have said it better but I am fine with it if thats the case, I maintain the line is growing too fast and more than 1 vehicle a year (just like more than 1 2pk or 3pk or 1 big beast/figure) is going to kill things for sure by being too much $$$$
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Delay plus higher price point around Christmas...what did they expect?!?!

Gotta love how they want things to last a while till they do and then that's bad lol
    This.

Although I'm fine not getting vehicles in MOTUC, I would be cool with:

- Road Ripper
    - Roton
    - Sky Sled/BattleRam
    - Land Shark
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm really not too big on vehicles anyway. I'd rather they put more into the figures.

Didn't sell out fast enough? Sales are just okay?! Not everybody has money to burn these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's a shame, but honestly - and I've said this before - I think they just need to go back to basics for the good of the line.
    I would not be upset with the line going back to just the monthly figures, maybe a bonus figure here and there. Maybe the QC issues with the figures would stop if they were not focusing on beasts and vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    These comments are a bit confusing and I know that others here have commented on it. If the vehicle sold out what does it matter if it sold out in 1 hour or 1 week? They still sold x-number of units. Is DR charging them by the day to keep things in a warehouse?
    That is to logical for Mattel.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Wow. More obscure large beasts like Gygor and shadow beast. How exciting.
    Like anyone could even know that

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah people are missing the point, Scott specifically states it did not sell out FAST enough like Battle Cat did, the importance being a super fast sell out means they underestimated demand and that we are willing to buy more if offered. A slow sell out or a just okay one means they gauged the production run just right or they overshipped it and it took longer then planned.

Only problem is it completely goes against the lines original desire to keep things on the shelves for a few weeks, if you want fast sell outs that is not going to happen.

So in the grand scheme of things it probably means we might get 1 vehicle a year starting in 2013 but it did not fly off the shelves super fast enough to warrant more than one.

He could have said it better but I am fine with it if thats the case, I maintain the line is growing too fast and more than 1 vehicle a year (just like more than 1 2pk or 3pk or 1 big beast/figure) is going to kill things for sure by being too much $$$$
    This helps to clarify things. It would help in the future if they expanded upon "just okay sales".

I think it is just preparing fans that Vehicles are less likely if sales overall isn't as high as they expect (if normal figures aren't selling as much, making special items is too much of a risk?). I guess they could be timing how long it takes to sale out and making some sort of conclusions based on that. However I do not think 5 minute sell outs being their honest ideal sale time either.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Mattel just cheapens out, yet again !

It's just a matter of REUSE (= COST-CUTTING), as we can all see...

Since several months, now, Mattel and Toyguru have been sending many alarming signals. I come to think that they actually DON'T WANT to develop this line for much longer... No media, no customer service (sorry, DR/Matty cannot be considered as such), no playset (and maybe no more vehicles ?), delays galore, shipping issues, bad website, QC issues, rise of the MOTUC items' price... do I really need to keep going ?

I think we'll be EXTREMELY lucky if this line makes it until the end of 2013.
    MOTUC is just a placeholder until the Masters go to retail again. Once there's new media to bring the kids back in, management will deem this line redundant.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Weird.

I hope we at least see the Battle Ram, Roton, and Talon Fighter, but I'd love to see all the vintage vehicles eventually.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

The main Q&A thread has 13 replies, this thread now has 43 replies. It is unfortunate how people would rather focus on the negatives than focus on the positives.

Scott didn't say there would be no more vehicles just none in 2012. I think some people need to take a step back or, at the very least, stop scrutinying every single thing Scott mentions

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Cool story matty, but sales would be better if your paint apps didnt suck and your customer service was better. True story bro.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    There's gotta be more vehicles in MOTUC. The Wind Raider was a hit with nearly everyone I've seen comment on it. I love the Wind Raider. Like I've been saying since I got it, it is a masterpiece!

I know I want more vehicles fo sho. At least a few more. The important/memorable ones!

Especially after teasing us with that Battle Ram years ago...
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    If we get a Roton over the Battle Ram we saw, I'll throw a massive hissy fit.
    QFTW
    If I could only choose 1 vehicle for MOTUC,
    it would be the Batte Ram because of the Sky Sled.
    To me it is the most iconic vehicle of all.

Also imo Batte Ram is the only logical vehicle that should come next
    because the prototype already exists.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have to say that the Wind Raider was a great vehicle. They really put a great deal of detail into it and it was the essence of MOTUC. I would have preferred a new vehicle coming up over Granamyr.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Yeah even I cant defend that dumb ass "okay" statment. If the raider was around for a week plus, sure I get, well not really but I would get it more. But it was sold during Dec right before xmas, was sold at the same as 2 other $20 figures and had a price increase(well worth $45 IMHO). 3 days is blooding freakin fantastic if you ask me.

God we need some good karma info around here. After the past couple weeks, I feel like MOTUC is getting phased out, i know its not, but hard to shake that gloomy feeling.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I'm not crazy about vehicles in this line so I'm not about to cry the blues, but I still don't quite understand the mentality of things not being successful unless they sell out in 3 seconds. I suppose there's lots of factors we don't know about that may or may not contribute, but TG specifically made reference to how "fast" the WR sold out. I don't get it.