Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wind Raider's sales were "okay"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    It's always the same thing. The good guys get their crap and then they leave the bad guys hanging. I guess the Evil Warriors are hoofing it...
    Well they do have the Griffon coming? Not exactly a vehicle but it will work for transportation.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'm getting tired of this. They have not shipped out my Dec figures, they have not even charged me for them or my Star Sisters yet, they have delayed things, they lost my Wind Raider, and now they are saying all of this stuff about the WR showing vehicles aren't demanded when it sold out. GET YOUR CRAP STRAIGHTENED OUT MATTEL!!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Yeah not sure what to make of this. How could a sell out be just "okay"?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Songster's Understudy SUPERFANben's Avatar
    I better still get my Songstermobile.
    You getting a Songster figure will be my fault.

What a joke. If something doesn't sell out in 10 minutes it didn't sell well? How insane.

I don't want to see more than one vehicle per year, but if we don't start seeing that in 2013 I'd say that does not bode well.

They certain keep crying "low sales" about everything all of a sudden.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I don't get why one selling put faster than another matters. if it sold out, it sold out. that's that.
    bnl4life

If Mattel is barely satisfied with Wind Raider sales, they'll probably think Sky Sled sales will tank if it comes to that.

I'm not going to hold my breath for Bashasaurus or Spydor. At least release Battle Ram Chariot or Land Shark.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    This is like when we were in 3rd grade. So and so likes so and so, but they don't "Like them like them." Wind Raider sold ok but not "ok ok". Don't trifle with my affections Mattel, just put a check beside the box saying you'll go steady with me and then we can sit together at lunch.

I still don't have my Wind Raider

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The main Q&A thread has 13 replies, this thread now has 43 replies. It is unfortunate how people would rather focus on the negatives than focus on the positives.

Scott didn't say there would be no more vehicles just none in 2012. I think some people need to take a step back or, at the very least, stop scrutinying every single thing Scott mentions
    What, you mean not read double meanings, sinister intentions, and egomania into Scott's comments? What would some people on the boards have to talk about?

Kidding aside, it is annoying that Mattel seems to deem things a failure if they don't sell out in under an hour. It's a good thing they didn't feel that way in the beginning of the line.

I don't think this means no more vehicles at all, but it might mean only one per year. Which would be fine, as long as the line lasts several more years.

Matty could reuse the WR mold anyway. Slap some spider legs on it and you have Webstor's Filmation vehicle. Make it a con exclusive. More bang for the buck and for the tooling.

And if Mattel is listing things as sold out when they are not sold out, they should really rethink their inventory policies. Having stuff for sale if it is really in stock, even if it trickles out, is better than not listing it and then giving it away on Mad Matty Monday. Heck, at least keep it up for a steady stream of sales before pulling it for such sales.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Boohoo Mattel didnt make 23 Million dollars in 2 minutes. Cancel the line already, and take your star sisters with you.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

This was just posted on Mattycollector.com's Ask Matty page.

ToyGuru:
    The basic figures and beasts are doing fantastic. The vehicle (Windraider) did not (do as well). We will keep moving forward with skus that do well and move away from items that underperform.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post

ToyGuru:
    So with that said no more vehicles (or 1 a year) and probably no more 3 packs outside of a Convention one (since that has a higher budget and a lower production run) since the Star Sisters I don't think will sell out in under the time the Wind Raider did.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I typically try and stay positive about Mattel and the great line that is MOTU Classics, but this is a bit much. How does something that sold out not considered more than "ok"? Show me any business that wouldn't be ecstatic that their product is so demanded that it sells out in a matter of days. Sheesh...

Wind Raider just did okay?! OKAY?! What kind of bull**** answer is that? It SOLD OUT. How is that NOT a total success? My brain can't even begin to process that kind of stupidity. It just makes my head hurt.
    Mattel, what EXACTLY do you want from us as fans? We put up with your substandard website, terrible customer service from DR, QC problems out the wazoo, and even then we buy ALL the product you offer us, and that's still not good enough?

I am FURIOUS at this kind of attitude. I don't care how awesome these figures are. I'm getting REAL tired of Mattel jerking me around.
    Last edited by Skeletortilla; January 17, 2012 at 11:20pm.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    Ok i try not to come on here and get mad but this statement makes me mad for alot of reasons.
    1 Compairing to Battlecat and other beasts if memory serves me BC was the first creature and sold in a year when everything sold out in 5 mins or less it seems.
    2. Selling it in Dec around x mas plus a couple of days after they decided to come foward and say demo man would be delayed basically at the last min.
    3. A lot of things have taken days to sell out lately i know the other things use tool reuse but come on already it sold out i dont care if it took 3 mins or 3 days it sold out.
    4. I knew there was not gonna be one this yr cause of Gryamer but u tell me Scott one every other year wouldn't hurt. For the time it was released i think 3 days was is great had it went in Oct it probaly sell out faster.

I mirror the sentiments expressed by many. How was it just "okay"?
    It sold out! And in 3 days... 3 DAYS! That's ridiculously fast!

I think the response should have been "The Wind Raider sold like hot cakes and was gone in a few days! More vehicles are in the works!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I mirror the sentiments expressed by many. How was it just "okay"?
    It sold out! And in 3 days... 3 DAYS! That's ridiculously fast!

I think the response should have been "The Wind Raider sold like hot cakes and was gone in a few days! More vehicles are in the works!!!"
    Val, I think you just stumbled upon the issue. 2 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes is Mattel's upper limit for a raging successful sellout.

If only the last person to buy one would have confrmed their order a second faster, this thread wouldn't exist

This is quite a load of bull crap from Mattel. Correct me if it's wrong information, but according to the It'salltrue.net MOTUC checklist the Wind Raider sold out in 3 days and 7 hours (http://www.itsalltrue.net/?page_id=11229).

Did they only make a small run or did they not price it correctly to make enough money? If that's the case, then it's Mattel's fault and has nothing to do with fan demand. It still sells for $50-$60 on eBay, so I'm sure they could have sold more. This makes absolutely no sense other than Mattel doesn't want to do anything outside of the subscription in 2013 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    Val, I think you just stumbled upon the issue. 2 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes is Mattel's upper limit for a raging successful sellout.
    LOL!

In all seriousness, I just don't see how anyone at Mattel can view Wind Raider's sellout as anything but an amazing success. The same should be said for any MOTUC sell out.
    They are sold out. End of story. And they are all selling out in extremely short time frames.

If it's a case of money, then Mattel should have made more like Zodach just said.
    If it's a case of someone at Mattel sitting there thinking a sellout in three days is not a fast enough time frame to mark a success.... well... I have nothing for that. I just can't wrap my head around such a thing. That can't be what it is. That's just too wacky to think about.
    So, I'm at a loss on this one.

Sorry, but I am not buying the whole tooling reuse argument either. Honestly how many of you on this board would not buy another Windraider that was repainted in "Evil Warrior" or "Horde" colors? So what if it is not even canonical either? I know I would. You can slap a red or purple bat on that thing, Scott knows we would eat it up. I personally think they should have gone the extra mile, and included a Pilot figure, but that's me. There are plenty of bucks and armors they could have simply repainted, and just include a new head or repainted palace guard head w/ face shield, voila.

Matty really should have probably done the Battle Ram first which is even more iconic with the Sky Sled featured prominently in the cartoon series. I would love them to make that full size Battle Ram, and then make a separate Sky Sled sku to be sold in "Heroic" and "Evil" colors for a smaller price point in addition to a full Battle Ram. Probably wishful thinking.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post

ToyGuru:
    In what universe is a three day sellout not doing well? I hope Mattel at least passes around whatever it is they're smoking...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

The only thing I can think of is that the WR was not a legit sell-out, but rather one of Matty's infamous "pull-it-and-slap-a-sold-out-sticker-on-it" ploys. Otherwise, I can't possibly fathom how a sell-out is a less-than-stellar success. You sold ALL OF THEM. How much more successful can you get???

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The plot thickens, guys...

Wind Raider sold out in 3 days, 7 hours - not good enough???

Your response to the Wind Raider question doesn't make much sense. Correct me if it's wrong information, but according to the It'salltrue.net MOTUC checklist the Wind Raider sold out in 3 days and 7 hours ( itsalltrue.net MOTUC checklist ). What is wrong with that type of performance on the first vehicle? Did you guys only make a small run or did you not price it correctly to make enough money? If that's the case, then it's Mattel's fault and has nothing to do with fan demand. Please clarify Toyguru as your response and the fast sellout don't match up.

Sorry, I know fans want more details, but this is not information Mattel makes public. The Windraider did do well. It was just not a breakout success the way Battlecat was as the first beast. Also, one of the factors the WR has "against" it is it is a one time use tool. Battle Cat (and most other large scale beasts) have shared parts so the tooling can be spread over time. For WR all of the tooling and work had to go into one item that in the end only did "okay" for us.

This in no way means the line is ending or bad things are coming. I'm just trying to be upfront/honest with fans and manage expectations.

Overall the line is doing great and even the Jan figures are doing awesome. Star Sisters is close to selling out (they have already well surpassed the WR in sales) and all of the re-releases are doing better then they ever have. 2012 is going to be a great year for MOTU!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    I find it funny how he and justify that stupid logic when it was released in a month where money is a hassle not to mention Demo Mans delay.

This company wants us to understand when things go wrong which i do im in the shipping business i understand delays happen and such, but then to turn arond and and act like 3 day sellouts are bad when some people still have not recieved there demo mans is unbelivable.

And to even compare it to Battle Cats sellout is stupid for the fact the line was still catching its legs at the time. Im curious how long did swift wind take to sell out and panthor i could have swore Swifty lasted a couple of days.

I bet if spector lasts 3 days days hes a major success.