Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 71 questions!
This round of questions were selected by MldMnrdReporter.
Thanks to that fan for their help!
1. Vancak: Have you come up with a method to combine shipping for subscription items and day-of-sale items so that sub holders can purchase extras and non-sub items and save on shipping? Maybe you can allow sub holders to purchase those extra items a few days before each actual sale starts to allow for this.
We are actively looking into this and hope to have a program in place in time. Stay tuned!
2. slackrguy: What are the factors when deciding if a heroine/villainess gets the original upper thigh articulation like She-Ra (both versions) or new upper thigh with out articulation like Battleground Teela?
This is entirely a choice made by the Horsemen and Mattel design on a figure by figure basis. There is no overarching rule.
3. Skeletortilla: Since it has been announced new MOTUC style artwork will be appearing on various merchandise next year, is there any possibility of getting a new MOTUC collector's case to store our figures not on display? The vintage MOTU collector cases were very popular, and since I'm currently using a plastic tote for some of my figures and a shoebox for my extra weapons, I'd love an "official" case to store my collection with great new MOTUC art! Mattel could possibly even use an existing Hot Wheels case with new interior trays.
A collector case would be awesome. It really comes down to the number of development skus. If we did a case it would take away resources from the figure line and right now we want to put all of our resources into the figures. But if fans are really interested we certainly can look into this for future years.
4. Jean: Now that we have packaging that can accommodate 3 figures (Star Sisters), will we see more 3-packs in the future? They could be for army builders like the Horde Troopers, or for the reissuing of earlier figures that could give us updates to vintage MOTU 3-packs like Beast Man/Skeletor/Faker, or perhaps even giving us some mini-comic variant colored 3-packs of characters like Trap Jaw, Beast Man and Stratos.
When a logical pairing of 3 is appropriate (like the Star Sisters) or calls for 3 figures in one set we are certainly open to this option. But you won't see figures bundled in 3's just for the sake of making it a 3 pack. It just did not make sense to sell the Star Sister's individually since that would take 3 monthly slots. Doing them as a 3 pack was a great way to get them out to fans. We will take this strategy when appropriate but won't force anyone into a 3 pack.
5. He-Boy & Patreek: Almost all of the female releases have a problem where they are permanently looking down, while some also have a jutted forward type look to their head. Two recent victims of this are Marlena and Bubble Power She-Ra. Adora also looks like she has some sorta weird jaw under-bite due to it. This is not necessarily an issue of restricted head/neck movement (due to long hair, for example) because even figures with restricted head movement should still be able to look forward. The default position of their head shouldn't be looking down and jutted forward. Is anything being done to remedy this for future figures?
This is certainly a quality control issue and we are constantly working to improve and innovate.