Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Sisters are Sold Out!

I'm glad to see that the Star Sisters sold out. I should be getting mine soon and I'm looking forward to it.

Heroic Warrior
    Excellent News! 2 Days, 1 Hour & 46 Minutes is Great, in my humble "I'm not Mattel" opinion! Congrats! Keep the MOTUC Awesomeness coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Star Sisters > Wind Raider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Well that it is the truth, the fans made it happen
    In the interest of all fairness, just for fun let's use It'sAllTrue.Net's Numbers (http://www.itsalltrue.net/?page_id=11229) for the last 3 Sale Dates in the "Greater Than/Less Than" Game!

(This Exercise is IN NO WAY INTENDED to start any kind of "Faction/Era" War, but rather to illustrate how they can come about & hopefully defuse the situation before one comes to pass here.)

Snout Spout (22 Hours) > Star Sisters (2 Days, 1 Hour, 46 Minutes as detailed in this thread) > Wind Raider (3 Days, 7 Hours - Not In Sub) > Battleground Evil-Lyn (4 Days, 5 Hours) > Demo-Man (5 Days) > Swiftwind (6 Days) & Bubble Power She-Ra (6 Days - Not In Sub)

So does that definitively triumphantly mean that an Elephant-Headed Firefighter rules all for last 3 months? Per the current Wind Raider Discussions, what must Swiftwind's 6 Day Remainder Stock Sales Time be telling Mattel about the future of horses in MOTUC?

Void of the complete set of solid facts & without regard for the individual circumstances that surround each separate situation, all such proclamations are pure speculation of an outside perspective.

While I can appreciate the fun of making such statements, one should exercise some caution with such statements lest they come across as gloating which only serves to make X People feel better & Y People feel worse. What fun is there in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Wanted to step in and thank all the folks who are being so cool about variants and/or agreeing that Mattel should be taking responsibility.

I saw this response on Mattycollector and personally I think it's very unfair:

So variants like 2002 Evil-Lyn don't require any sort of vote to be revisited, but Star Sisters do?
    Again, I mean no disrespect & I support you in your quest to get exactly what you're hoping for, but I've seen this 200X Evil-Lyn reference from you several times now in regard to your desire for Star Sisters Variants/Repaints. Where is this Modern Evil-Lyn in MOTUC? I would love to it! Please show me the way! I know such a release has been "mentioned" before, but the list of Items That Have Been Mentioned is long & elusive. Short of a Prototype, all such things are but dust & air, dreams & wishes & the best of intentions. Nothing More.

The Star Sisters were just now released! Surely Variant/Repaint Versions of the Star Sisters can wait for a little bit in deference to New Characters from across the full Spectrum of "Factions & Eras" that is MOTUC that haven't had any release at all as of yet. I greatly admire your passion, but without patience & some realism, only disappointment lay ahead, my friend.

While we're making requests/listing desires/airing grievances in MOTUC, I personally would love to see a consistant quality execution of Skeletor's Face Paint Apps from one figure to the next, nevermind from one release (Reissue or Variant/Version) to the next! He's only the biggest original villain of the whole line after all & it's only been an issue for 3 full years now, no big rush.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Sold Out? Sure, I believe it. Whatever Matty says must be true. See ya on Cyber Monday.
    More like our next Mad Matty Monday. You will get more than you paid for. So....2 packs of SS's and an Icarius. For example......

Songster's Understudy SUPERFANben's Avatar
    The real sad thing is that the WWE Rockers two pack is still available after two months! This is terrible! I want my Strike Force two pack and this might be Matty's biggest virtual pegwarmer ever!
    You getting a Songster figure will be my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    100% this!
    Starla
    clear red glitter legs
    NO orange
    sash over 1 arm *NEW TOOL*
    new hair with out a hat *NEW TOOL*
    no red outline on arms or legs
    no outline on star

Tall Star
    darker pink hair
    painted silver top
    deep maroon neck,wast, lower arms and legs
    purple upper arms and legs
    pants *NEW TOOL*
    no outline on star

Jewel Star
    jewel upper arms *NEW TOOL*
    jewel upper legs *NEW TOOL*
    jewel lower legs *NEW TOOL*
    jewel body suit *NEW TOOL*
    jewel lower arms
    unpainted hands
    clear very deep glitter reddish pink
    no outline on star

Glory Bird
    no outline on star
    gold star swooping back over pink hair swooping back no mohawk
    Also, Clear wings with glitter in them.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Im so happy. I can't wait till mine get here :0) Bring on more POP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    Again, I mean no disrespect & I support you in your quest to get exactly what you're hoping for, but I've seen this 200X Evil-Lyn reference from you several times now in regard to your desire for Star Sisters Variants/Repaints. Where is this Modern Evil-Lyn in MOTUC? I would love to it! Please show me the way! I know such a release has been "mentioned" before, but the list of Items That Have Been Mentioned is long & elusive. Short of a Prototype, all such things are but dust & air, dreams & wishes & the best of intentions. Nothing More.
    Hi npbaity. I believe it was in one of the more recent Roast Gooble episodes that the idea of doing a 200X Evil-Lyn came off as more than talk. Mattel is really interested in revisiting her.

This particular vote just feels wrong to me. The whole idea behind it has got me feeling defeated and depressed in a grievous "losing faith in humanity" kind of way, tbh. To participate against the fans of this alternate set is like admitting Mattel really does treat POP fans differently, instead of all of us being equals, something I was told wasn't happening in this line.

The Star Sisters were just now released! Surely Variant/Repaint Versions of the Star Sisters can wait for a little bit in deference to New Characters from across the full Spectrum of "Factions & Eras" that is MOTUC that haven't had any release at all as of yet. I greatly admire your passion, but without patience & some realism, only disappointment lay ahead, my friend.
    I know. I'm not asking for these to be released immediately or all at the same time. I feel like Mattel can find ways to work them into the variant slots, spread out over a few years. Maybe even for POP's 30th. I'm not sure why they're saying these variants would be replacing new characters if they happened.

Heroic Warrior
    That is pretty incredible that the 10 SS sets produced above and beyond the subscription quota sold out this quickly. I bought 1, who bought the other 9?

I'm glad the SS were made. I got mine today and like them more than I thought I would. That said, I really and truly hope toy variants of the SS are never produced in lieu of a regular or variant monthly release. The Star Sisters were made, maybe not in the version everyone wanted, but they were made. Championing them to be made AGAIN is a bit much when there is still so much else to still be made. Variant slots should be left for the A-list characters that truly have variants either in previous toy form or other media.

As for the sell out, its nice to see that MOTUC in general is moving. But without knowing how many more above subs were made, its a bit early to bust out the confetti. After all, they were sold in the sub, which already made their quota.

Quote Originally Posted by red51931 View Post
    Someone should direct all the fans who missed out to the market place where there are multiples on sale at cost or below that aren't getting a sniff.
    Please let's be done with the Star Sisters and just move on after this 3-pack. If they stick their variants back in the subscription in future years I will be none too happy. I know there are some vocal supporters of getting the toy versions made, but if they do that I hope it's outside of the subscription to see if the Star Sisters can really stand on their own. I don't think they can. The Mighty Spector is probably going to sell out because of the 30th subscription but in no way will that speak to demand for the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Please let's be done with the Star Sisters and just move on after this 3-pack. If they stick their variants back in the subscription in future years I will be none too happy. I know there are some vocal supporters of getting the toy versions made, but if they do that I hope it's outside of the subscription to see if the Star Sisters can really stand on their own. I don't think they can. The Mighty Spector is probably going to sell out because of the 30th subscription but in no way will that speak to demand for the figure.
    I'm totally okay with having variants of these outside of the subscription. As much as Mattel love to reuse parts, I don't see why they couldn't convince the higher ups to approve this, especially now that they have the sales numbers to show them. It's much "safer" to do the variants Star Sisters outside of the subscription, because they would require minimal tooling compared to the average figure.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Three days...guess the Star Sisters did "just okay", huh?

My apologies if someone already stated the obvious.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

The comments about Cyber Mondays and items selling out actually apply to all items that Matty sells, so it doesn't really make a difference in regards to anyone specific item.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    I'm thinking there is a bridge in Brooklyn for sale...

For realz, we know darn well there will be plenty O'Sisters to be had in the mad matty packs this year.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Wanted to step in and thank all the folks who are being so cool about variants and/or agreeing that Mattel should be taking responsibility.

So variants like 2002 Evil-Lyn don't require any sort of vote to be revisited, but Star Sisters do?
    i don't want to see any more star sisters, but that response makes no sense. variants are supposed to take slots away from new characters.

anyway, i got my SSs and judging by the packaging (which appears to be the same size as eternian guards 2 pack) matty probably made a good profit on these. 3 figs at the price of 3 figs, but with same packaging as a 2 pack. so right there with the packaging they saved/made money.
    Last edited by EldestSon; January 20, 2012 at 12:35am.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    100% this!
    Starla
    clear red glitter legs
    NO orange
    sash over 1 arm *NEW TOOL*
    new hair with out a hat *NEW TOOL*
    no red outline on arms or legs
    no outline on star

Tall Star
    darker pink hair
    painted silver top
    deep maroon neck,wast, lower arms and legs
    purple upper arms and legs
    pants *NEW TOOL*
    no outline on star

Jewel Star
    jewel upper arms *NEW TOOL*
    jewel upper legs *NEW TOOL*
    jewel lower legs *NEW TOOL*
    jewel body suit *NEW TOOL*
    jewel lower arms
    unpainted hands
    clear very deep glitter reddish pink
    no outline on star

Glory Bird
    no outline on star
    gold star swooping back over pink hair swooping back no mohawk
    DS -you missed Tallstars translucent forearms and boots!

Tally- GOD I love that image of auntie Elton!!! GOLD! I laughed so hard when they showed it during madges speech!!!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I love how whenever a PoP figure sells out, it must have been pulled. I guess they pulled Adora at 27 minutes, She-Ra at 18 minutes, Bow at 54 minutes and Catra at 1 day, 6 hours.

If they DID pull the Star Sisters, why not leave them up for, at least, the FIVE DAYS Demo-Man was on sale for?

EDIT: I'm not trying to offend or upset anyone with this post. This is just me being exasperated at the constant belittling PoP gets with regards to sellouts, but other MOTUC stuff doesn't seem to get. You don't see many people talking about the 14 days Hurricane Hordak took to sell out in 2011...
    Amen, Darkspector...AMEN! I am one of the fans who have been waiting for the Star Sisters and whom Toyguru answered my question in one of the Q&A's stating that the Star sisters would be coming sooner rather than later and a few months later..BAM!

Everyone needs to stop the negativity, really, it just sasddens me. They sold out, leave it be. Of course when they have that gigantic sale or a cyber monday, the company is trying to get rid of all extra stock that was left for replacement purposes for damaged figures.

I personally am happy that they sold out in a nice amount of time and agree that there were some Masters that took way more time to sell out and they were just a single $20 figure.

Heroic Warrior

So you want to compare the Star Sisters to Evil Lyn??? Sorry she is a main character who I would expect to see variants of I really don't see the demand needed for variants of these from the masses. I wouldn't mind variants of Clawful and Leech but I don't ever expect to see them as the figures we received are very nice just missing a few touches many others would like which have been pointed out before.

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    Amen, Darkspector...AMEN! I am one of the fans who have been waiting for the Star Sisters and whom Toyguru answered my question in one of the Q&A's stating that the Star sisters would be coming sooner rather than later and a few months later..BAM!

Everyone needs to stop the negativity, really, it just sasddens me. They sold out, leave it be. Of course when they have that gigantic sale or a cyber monday, the company is trying to get rid of all extra stock that was left for replacement purposes for damaged figures.

I personally am happy that they sold out in a nice amount of time and agree that there were some Masters that took way more time to sell out and they were just a single $20 figure.
    And others need to stop drinking the Star Sisters sold out kool-aid. I'm glad you and others are happy about the Star Sisters, but the fact they sold out in less time than other figures is the problem I and others have. Great they sold out, but again they were probably the least available figure/item available for day of sale items ever! As Mattel has stated product available outside of the subscription will be vastly reduced and very limited, so this limited stock took nearly 3 days to sell out, we'll have a better gage moving forward with the rest of the 2012 to see how fast other more desireable figures sell out. These figures just came out and (a few) people are already asking for variants? These characters are not desired by the masses and now they are a part of the line which is cool, but we should'nt get variants of these for 10-15 years if at all and not before more popular characters have figures and (multiple) variants 1st. These just aren't that popular.
    Last edited by cbomb23; January 20, 2012 at 09:50am.

Heroic Warrior
    Hi npbaity. I believe it was in one of the more recent Roast Gooble episodes that the idea of doing a 200X Evil-Lyn came off as more than talk. Mattel is really interested in revisiting her.
    That is great to hear, but until a Prototype reveal (which admittedly COULD HAPPEN in as little as a few weeks, but I wouldn't stake my life on it on the heels of Battleground Evil-Lyn's release), it's still just talk - talk that has been going on since yellow Evil-Lyn's reveal in Dec. 2009 & many fans began seriously pursuing the possibility of a 200X Evil-Lyn. Even with more than 2 years of "Talk" and the release of what is essentially a "Placeholder" Variant/Repaint (which I love despite the fact that it's the 4th release of the full Teela body sculpt with a unique paint job and different head and/or accessory), this Figure has yet to appear. All the words in the world do not equal a single action.

Plus, using the 200X Evil-Lyn Model discussed above to gage Mattel's intent, that would mean they would start to become "really interested in revisiting" the Star Sisters sometime next summer after SDCC.

I don't mean this in a negative or judgmental way, but history shows (with a few key exceptions, of course) that Mattel is "interested" in saying pretty much whatever they think the fans want to hear at any given time in an effort to reduce what they in turn have to hear from the fans. Mattel is a corporation. The only thing they are truly interested in is quick & painless profit. (I don't fault them a single bit for that. That is our free market system & it works quite well when it is allowed to.) All other considerations are simply what stands between them & that goal. I love MOTU with all of my heart & soul and I love Mattel for providing it these past 30+ years but I have no delusions that Mattel is my friend in any way for doing so.

I don't fault Toyguru or any other individual for any of this basic corporate reality. I completely appreciate everything that he does for us & I feel bad for him most of the time when the boards spiral off into Messenger Assassination Mode. He has a very difficult PR job and I understand & appreciate that fact, even though I do occasionally find his execution of said duties to be less than "Okay" or maybe "Underperforming", to borrow from our current Mattel Speak. I think we can all agree that Empathy & Tact are not always his allies when he communicates with us.

But at least he is communicating with us again which is a vast improvement over what we've gotten over the last 6 odd weeks! Thank You, Toyguru!

This particular vote just feels wrong to me. The whole idea behind it has got me feeling defeated and depressed in a grievous "losing faith in humanity" kind of way, tbh. To participate against the fans of this alternate set is like admitting Mattel really does treat POP fans differently, instead of all of us being equals, something I was told wasn't happening in this line.
    Come now! We'll have none of that! If you're basing your faith in the entire human race on PR Statements & Corporate Actions, then we are all truly doomed!

I don't see any favoritism or discrimination at all in such a statement. The Fact is that we have seen this type of "What Do The Fans Say?/Maybe We Should Do A Poll" Answer from Mattel many times in regard to many different areas of the line. It's basically one of their Stock Go-To Responses for any question about currently unrevealed/unreleased Product that they either cannot or will not give a definitive answer to.

It resides in the same stable as "No Comment", "We Cannot Address Anything Beyond X - The Latest Reveal", "Keep Reading The Bios", "Nothing Planned Right Now But Possible", "We Can't Say Because Schedules May Change", "We Have A Road Map To Year 20XX But Details Are Only Solid Through The Next Year Or So", "If The Fans Support It Then Yes", "Maybe/Only In A Movie Year", "That Would Be Telling & What's The Fun In That (Wink)" & of course, everyone's favorite word, "Logistics" and it's trotted out to show to the public anytime that they need to respond to an inquiry without actually enlightening the inquirer.

They are all "Non-Answer" Answers: Speech without true substance, Words without weight. Maybe Matty Mattel should run for political office! It is an election year after all!

You know as well as I do that such answers are designed to either protect against revealing sensitive proprietary information or to keep the "Fun" of guessing in the line while promoting fan speculation and internet discussion.

I wouldn't stake my life on any given PR Statement, even if they were true & timely 95% of the time, which they generally are not.

Such responses have been received in regard to Flocked Panthor, Single Carded & Bio-ed Prince Adam & Cringer as regular releases rather than Convention Exclusives, a full set of Weapons Rack Weapons in the Gray Weathered Color and several other "Non-POP" Items so I hardly see this statement as a slight to POP Fans or discriminatory in any way.

(I really wish we could get away from "Faction/Era" Labels and unite under the all-inclusive MOTUC Banner as it was intended to be here on the MOTUC Board. I understand that everyone wants their personal favorites NOW, but if time & money allow, we could have a chance to get EVERY CHARACTER, regardless of point of origin! Let's celebrate that while patiently waiting for everyone's personal favorites to make their debut in this wonderful line.)

All you can do is keep voicing your support in a positive & constructive fashion while maintaining all the hope & patience that is humanly possible tempered with the 3.5 years of knowledge & experience of how things actually play out in the real world that is MattyCollector.Com.

I know. I'm not asking for these to be released immediately or all at the same time. I feel like Mattel can find ways to work them into the variant slots, spread out over a few years. Maybe even for POP's 30th. I'm not sure why they're saying these variants would be replacing new characters if they happened.
    I understand that you're not asking for Star Sister Toy Version Variants to be released in June 2012, but you do seem to be asking for CONCRETE CONFIRMATION RIGHT NOW that they WILL DEFINITELY HAPPEN, at a time when most folks haven't even gotten the first Star Sisters Release in hand yet!

Hopefully without coming across as rude, disrespectful or insensitive, I must say that I do find that stance to be mildly unrealistic. (Not entirely unlike holding your Customer Base/Product to an arbitrary measurement of success without giving them any clue that said yardstick is in place or what the parameters of the experiment are so that they can attempt to proactively impact the outcome.)

You know as well as anyone that Mattel never definitively confirms, denies or even really acknowledges any Product until they have shown it publicly, at which point it is usually too late for us to have any real impact on said Product other than how quickly it sells and whether it performed properly, apparently.

To expect anything any different in this case, simply because it is extremely important to you, is to set yourself up for MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT!

I hope I'm not adding to the rain on your parade here as I truly do not wish to discourage you! I'm simply trying to help you manage your expectations so that you won't be hurt by whatever statement or course of action Mattel chooses to bless us with. Just as with the current "Expect Delays & You Won't Be Surprised/Disappointed By Delays" Statement, if you temper your great passion & hope with patience & realism, you will be protected from & in a position to actually enjoy whatever outcome the future may bring!

This is not meant as a defense or justification of Mattel's actions or a negative review of how they execute them, but the following formula has served me well: High Hopes + Low Expectations = Satisfied Most Of The Time!

Keep you chin up & keep fighting the good fight!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I'm not sure how much optimism can really be read into the sell-out.
    We were told "above and beyond" production is down for 2012, and the SS pack is the first 2012 sale.

But regardless, IMO anyone who thinks this should lead to Mattel prioritizing SS variants is bordering on delusional.

In the "variants of super obscure unreleased prototype characters" department, I think a vac-metal He-Ro would do far better.
    And that idea in and of itself is pretty silly, which should tell you a lot.

I think the He-man.org poll is most telling:

Are you looking forward to the Star Sisters 3-pack?

1425 fans voted
    40% said yes
    40% said no
    20% were indifferent
    That's a 50/50 split right down the middle on the biggest MOTU fan website. It isn't as bad as the Might Spector, but I hardly think it shows high demand for variants of these figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I love how whenever a PoP figure sells out, it must have been pulled. I guess they pulled Adora at 27 minutes, She-Ra at 18 minutes, Bow at 54 minutes and Catra at 1 day, 6 hours.

If they DID pull the Star Sisters, why not leave them up for, at least, the FIVE DAYS Demo-Man was on sale for?

EDIT: I'm not trying to offend or upset anyone with this post. This is just me being exasperated at the constant belittling PoP gets with regards to sellouts, but other MOTUC stuff doesn't seem to get. You don't see many people talking about the 14 days Hurricane Hordak took to sell out in 2011...

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    So you want to compare the Star Sisters to Evil Lyn??? Sorry she is a main character who I would expect to see variants of I really don't see the demand needed for variants of these from the masses. I wouldn't mind variants of Clawful and Leech but I don't ever expect to see them as the figures we received are very nice just missing a few touches many others would like which have been pointed out before.

And others need to stop drinking the Star Sisters sold out kool-aid. I'm glad you and others are happy about the Star Sisters, but the fact they sold out in less time than other figures is the problem I and others have. Great they sold out, but again they were probably the least available figure/item available for day of sale items ever! As Mattel has stated product available outside of the subscription will be vastly reduced and very limited, so this limited stock took nearly 3 days to sell out, we'll have a better gage moving forward with the rest of the 2012 to see how fast other more desireable figures sell out. These figures just came out and (a few) people are already asking for variants? These characters are not desired by the masses and now they are a part of the line which is cool, but we should'nt get variants of these for 10-15 years if at all and not before more popular characters have figures and (multiple) variants 1st. These just aren't that popular.
    Now see, this is what I'm talking about. IT SOLD OUT! Everything has so far! It's all a BIG WIN for the Brand! Why must it be a competition? What does all of this accomplish?

I love that everybody here has passion for this line and that everyone has personal favorites/preferences! That's great! Let us glory in our diversity, now united under the all-inclusive MOTUC Banner!

Why does it seem so often that the statements made are "My X did quantitatively better than your Y" rather than "I prefer this over that but I'm glad you got what you wanted too"? I don't get the competition among the perceived separate parts of what has been a united whole for over 3.5 years now. I just don't understand it. A win for any one part is a win for the whole & our collections grow larger & richer as a result! That should be all that matters.

So one can pick and choose from sets of random arbitrary Times stripped clean of hard Production Numbers and individual Sales Date Circumstances, disregard any information that doesn't fit the narrative being advanced and somehow arrive at Absolute Undeniable Truths?! I hardly think so!

Per the "Greater Than/Less Than Game" from my original post in this thread (52), does that mean that Swiftwind & Bubble Power She-Ra Failed in comparison to the other "POP" Items mentioned?
    Is anyone here prepared to make that statement in accordance with how this game is being played?
    Are the first releases of He-Man & Beast Man abysmal atrocities against all free market consumerism because they lasted a shocking 6 Weeks?
    Are Flocked Ears Moss Man & first release Evil-Lyn the Masters Of All MOTUC Releases because they sold out in a breathtaking 6 Minutes thus making them some benchmark by which all other releases should be measured and found lacking?

I think the resounding answer to all of these questions is No!!!!

We cannot sort through these random numbers (that are unaided by all of the pertinent facts involved) in order to pile them into a picture that is pleasing to any one individual/group or another and then present it to everyone else as something that MUST be accepted wholesale as an Undisputable Truth. It simply doesn't work and only stirs resentment in others who hold different views.

Bickering, grandstanding & denigrating gain us nothing but ill will. I believe that we can disagree without building one thing up to the heavens & tearing another thing down to the ground.

By all means let's respectfully discuss personal preferences/desires for the line & differences of opinion, but let us make every effort to stop short of self-satisfying proclamations of perceived superiorty of point of view that will only serve to raise ire in others.

Sellouts continue unabated, to the benefit of the line thus giving us more things to joyously discuss in the future!! Let us embrace & celebrate that going forward!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Ok. I totally hear people on not wanting variants, I get that and do agree. As much as I am a Star Sisters fan, I too want new characters. I rather no variants unless very different (i.e. EL and 200X EL), to be honest here. Jungle this or Ice that he-man, not worth the time, but this is just MY opinion.

One thing I did forget to mention. Yes, the production for 2012 is much lower, as Mattel has stated, but I still don't think that the sell out time was bad at all. Yes, we will see how the Sorceress does, which I have been looking forward to since this line first started and one of the most beloved characters in the MOTU Mythos, but I'm afraid that some people on the boards (although many of us vocal) might honestly be afraid to speak up.

Let's face it, truthfully, some nasty things have been said in past threads and it got to be crazy and ridiculous. I for one only posted when I felt there was a need. I need not post and banter with people with their opinions, UNLESS their opinions were down right mean and nasty to others. I understand everyone has there own opinion and desires for certain characters and that's great. I could care leass about Icarius and Demo-Man and even Vikor, but am happy for those who have been looking forward to them, even though, in a sub, I'm stuck with purchasing them. It's all good, though, as that's the name of the game.

I hope I cleared things up here and just hope that each and everyone one of us gets the characters that he or she has been looking to get for a very long time.

Snappy Threader
    just hope that each and everyone one of us gets the characters that he or she has been looking to get for a very long time.
    I couldn't say it better myself. I'm not a huge Star Sisters fan, but it's cool that people who wanted them got them, and it's cool that I got them, and it's cool that they sold out, and it's always cool when the line does well.

Heroic Warrior
    Ok. I totally hear people on not wanting variants, I get that and do agree. As much as I am a Star Sisters fan, I too want new characters. I rather no variants unless very different (i.e. EL and 200X EL), to be honest here. Jungle this or Ice that he-man, not worth the time, but this is just MY opinion.

One thing I did forget to mention. Yes, the production for 2012 is much lower, as Mattel has stated, but I still don't think that the sell out time was bad at all. Yes, we will see how the Sorceress does, which I have been looking forward to since this line first started and one of the most beloved characters in the MOTU Mythos, but I'm afraid that some people on the boards (although many of us vocal) might honestly be afraid to speak up.

Let's face it, truthfully, some nasty things have been said in past threads and it got to be crazy and ridiculous. I for one only posted when I felt there was a need. I need not post and banter with people with their opinions, UNLESS their opinions were down right mean and nasty to others. I understand everyone has there own opinion and desires for certain characters and that's great. I could care leass about Icarius and Demo-Man and even Vikor, but am happy for those who have been looking forward to them, even though, in a sub, I'm stuck with purchasing them. It's all good, though, as that's the name of the game.

I hope I cleared things up here and just hope that each and everyone one of us gets the characters that he or she has been looking to get for a very long time.
    Please don't think that I was trying to call any particular individuals out with my post as that was not my intent! I understand where each individual point of view is coming from. I just grabbed a couple of examples here in this thread to illustrate how the "Fight Fire With Fire" Approach escalates until everything burns. I know there are some longstanding "rivalries" (for lack of a better word) here & that certain segments of the Fanbase have been maligned/ridiculed/bullied by others in the past & that there are some legitimate frustrations as a result.

I would just hope that we could find a way to vent those frustrations without inspiring similar frustrations in others.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!