Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Sisters are Sold Out!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyCent View Post
    Gold help me if we start seeing variants of the Star Sisters.
    Well...we kind of already did see the variants, because the majority wanted the versions that weren't made.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Sold Out? Sure, I believe it. Whatever Matty says must be true. See ya on Cyber Monday.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I love how whenever a PoP figure sells out, it must have been pulled. I guess they pulled Adora at 27 minutes, She-Ra at 18 minutes, Bow at 54 minutes and Catra at 1 day, 6 hours.

If they DID pull the Star Sisters, why not leave them up for, at least, the FIVE DAYS Demo-Man was on sale for?

EDIT: I'm not trying to offend or upset anyone with this post. This is just me being exasperated at the constant belittling PoP gets with regards to sellouts, but other MOTUC stuff doesn't seem to get. You don't see many people talking about the 14 days Hurricane Hordak took to sell out in 2011...
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 19, 2012 at 03:53pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyCent View Post
    Gold help me if we start seeing variants of the Star Sisters.
    We might start seeing Star Sisters variants before we see another vehicle. After all, they outsold the Wind Raider.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Honestly, I don't know if I even care about what the true story is anymore. All I know is that Mattel publicly made a statement about the success level of the Star Sisters, and from my perspective they need to accept responsibility if fans now think variants are possible.

I don't necessarily disbelieve that the Star Sisters did in fact sell out.

But, I think this speaks more to the lowered production numbers for 2012 subscription items than to their outright popularity. I think the Star Sisters were probably less popular than most of the items that will go up for sale on MattyCollector over the next 6 months. There wasn't any WSOD to deal with on the Matty site at 9:01 am pacific - that never happens. There was 15 minutes or more of WSOD for Demo Man and BGEL and Demo Man didn't sell out for 5 days. If site traffic volume is anything to judge by it was production size and not popularity that drove this sellout.

I think Mattel greatly reduced the number of items available for day-of-sale purchase.

I think the proof will be in the pudding next month when we get monumental WSOD lag times trying to get Fisto and Sorceress and both of those sell out within an hour.

The only reason they we won't be back to the 10 minute sell out for those guys is because the new waiting room doesn't allow for that - but I predict we're going to start seeing sellouts in under an hour again as of next month.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Neat.

However I would rather see new figures before varients of the Star Sisters. Hopefully the "dumpy pelvis" issue is fixed before they do Glimmer though, she's on my definate list.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post

But, I think this speaks more to the lowered production numbers for 2012 subscription items than to their outright popularity. I think the Star Sisters were probably less popular than most of the items that will go up for sale on MattyCollector over the next 6 months. There wasn't any WSOD to deal with on the Matty site at 9:01 am pacific - that never happens. There was 15 minutes or more of WSOD for Demo Man and BGEL and Demo Man didn't sell out for 5 days. If site traffic volume is anything to judge by it was production size and not popularity that drove this sellout.

I think Mattel greatly reduced the number of items available for day-of-sale purchase.

I think the proof will be in the pudding next month when we get monumental WSOD lag times trying to get Fisto and Sorceress and both of those sell out within an hour.

The only reason they we won't be back to the 10 minute sell out for those guys is because the new waiting room doesn't allow for that - but I predict we're going to start seeing sellouts in under an hour again as of next month.
    thank you! someone with common sense.
    Last edited by Man-E-Toys; January 19, 2012 at 04:40pm.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I'm glad somebody bought them.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Honestly, I don't know if I even care about what the true story is anymore. All I know is that Mattel publicly made a statement about the success level of the Star Sisters, and from my perspective they need to accept responsibility if fans now think variants are possible.
    I agree.

If the Star Sisters really are that successful, then it proves that there truly is an audience for POP out there that may not be represented by online forums, and that silent, but powerful group definitely backs POP figures on sale day. However, if Mattel is hesitant about POP and it's variants, then TG shouldn't have put them up on that "outsold the Wind Raider" pedestal. If the $60 "heavily hated" Star Sisters outsold the $45 "heavily loved" Wind Raider, you won't hear the end of it from POP fans who have been after their variants and original toyline figures since the line began. I'd want my toyline colored Castaspella (flesh instead of blue),

I think some clarification is needed. Were there more Star Sisters sold on Matty sale day than Wind Raiders, or is Matty counting the sub sales of the Sisters too?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I want toy accurate single carded Star Sisters as well (in the far distant future where Mattel can properly duplicate the 4 Horsemen prototypes 100%), but you and Tallstar ... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I just noticed they sold out and came here to post about it!

I agree! I hope for individual releases with their missing accessories and released in different years. Every other year would be cool. I feel these are realistic expectations/hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post

I really think this is really what the case is, TG was including the number of subs when he said that the SS were outselling the WR. That and the lower production number.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If the Star Sisters really are that successful, then it proves that there truly is an audience for POP out there that may not be represented by online forums, and that silent, but powerful group definitely backs POP figures on sale day. However, if Mattel is hesitant about POP and it's variants, then TG shouldn't have put them up on that "outsold the Wind Raider" pedestal. If the $60 "heavily hated" Star Sisters outsold the $45 "heavily loved" Wind Raider, you won't hear the end of it from POP fans who have been after their variants and original toyline figures since the line began. I'd want my toyline colored Castaspella (flesh instead of blue),

I think some clarification is needed. Were there more Star Sisters sold on Matty sale day than Wind Raiders, or is Matty counting the sub sales of the Sisters too?
    Clarification would be great, lets hope that TG can provide some.

Hope is always a good thing in life.

Personally I'd like to see a decline in variants. I'm not a fan of variants and with the Filmation rights there are so many characters that have never had a figure before.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Yeah, sure they aren't. If these sold out, someone should direct all the fans who missed out to the market place where there are multiples on sale at cost or below that aren't getting a sniff.

Dan
    "I'm like King Midas in reverse...everything i touch turns to crap!"

How could they sell out when certain people on this forum don't like them?

The fact remains that, regardless of their sales record, TG has previously gone on record stating that they sold what they needed to sell when the subs were purchased. So haters gonna hate, but quota's been met.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    100% this!
    Sure, sure. I'm cool with all that. But let's get Castaspella and Queen Angella first. Then we can talk abuout Bubble Power Starla or Glorious Wedding Tallstar.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Conspiracy!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

i hate to break the news, but 2 days 2 hours is technically into the 3rd day. so, pop did "ok"...underperformed...did good...not so good...it was great...which means it wasn't good...

just telling the truth.

eta: i'm waiting till cyber monday to buy 5000 units at half price.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    eta: i'm waiting till cyber monday to buy 5000 units at half price.
    Why? Are you going into he plastic waste business?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Sold Out? Sure, I believe it. Whatever Matty says must be true. See ya on Cyber Monday.
    It wouldn't surprise me. Given the largely negative reaction to the Star Sisters around subscription time last July/August, I'm betting they were very conservative on the number they produced, though.

I agree.

Sad thing is you will never hear the truth. But I do wonder if they being part of the sub does make a different in sales? Maybe like another said about vehicles. Add it to the sub instead of a extra beast of figure multi pack. See how it does then! And if we do get any variants? I kind of hope they have them individually. Cause I like how Starla and Jewelstarr turned out. Tallstarr I would like to see in figure colors and altered to have her have a added waist extension.

Oh and I want the blue Casta. It made her POP more!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Ok thanks for the intel.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Glad to see them sell out! I was afraid they might sit for a while.

Wanted to step in and thank all the folks who are being so cool about variants and/or agreeing that Mattel should be taking responsibility.

I saw this response on Mattycollector and personally I think it's very unfair:

Revisiting the Star Sisters and doing a more toy accurate verison is in no way off the table. It really comes down to slots. If we did the SS again (either as singles or another 3 pack) it would take up monthly or quarterly slots away from doing another all new character.

So the question is really, would fans like to see a new version of the SS or would you rather more all new characters first? If this is really something fans overwhelmingly want we can certainly look into it. But my gut tells me getting to characters like more POP girls, more Snake Men and more Filmation characters is what fans would rather see first.
    So variants like 2002 Evil-Lyn don't require any sort of vote to be revisited, but Star Sisters do?

Heroic Warrior
    Well...we kind of already did see the variants, because the majority wanted the versions that weren't made.
    Well I would bet the majority would have been happy without any versions.

I love how whenever a PoP figure sells out, it must have been pulled. I guess they pulled Adora at 27 minutes, She-Ra at 18 minutes, Bow at 54 minutes and Catra at 1 day, 6 hours.

If they DID pull the Star Sisters, why not leave them up for, at least, the FIVE DAYS Demo-Man was on sale for?

EDIT: I'm not trying to offend or upset anyone with this post. This is just me being exasperated at the constant belittling PoP gets with regards to sellouts, but other MOTUC stuff doesn't seem to get. You don't see many people talking about the 14 days Hurricane Hordak took to sell out in 2011...
    To me this has nothing to do with POP it has to do with the fact this was an overpriced 3 pack of completely obscure characters, I'm fine with Adora, She-Ra, Catra, and Bow they all are fantastic figures. I probably would have been more supportive of these if they were individual releases released over 3 years and not 1 set of 3 at $60+.

We might start seeing Star Sisters variants before we see another vehicle. After all, they outsold the Wind Raider.
    I'm tired of this argument, the Star Sisters were "forced" on subscribers who wanted Shadow Weaver and guarantees of getting Sorceress, Fisto, Kobra Khan, etc. We'll see how well the Star Sisters did for day of sale purchases when Sorceress (Although they supposedly made more of her?), Fisto, and the rest do on their sell out times.

And I think this was just TG making the point against the Wind Raider numbers, but I will bet Wind Raider's day of sales vs Star Sister's day of sale purchases were vastly superior. And yes I know the SS were part of the sub and the Raider wasn't but I would also wager the Star Sisters would have faired far worse as an outside the sub item than the Wind Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Because more than likley the Star Sisters had the lowest available MOTUC (possibly Mattycollector) day of sale stock available ever. And they still took a couple days to sell out of what I would guess was very limited stock.

Also how many fans actually prefer the Star Sisters to the Wind Raider? The Star Sisters success ultimately falls on the success of the subscription and the fact fans didn't want to miss out on highly popular characters and the ultimate exclusive in Shadow Weaver. And those fans that actually want Toy Color versions probably need to look to customizing their own or commisioning them to be customized. Because as much as you want to look through rose colored glasses these were far from a break away success many of you seem to think they were.