Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2012: September 22 & 23 (Tickets Now On Sale!)

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Probably have to skip on it this year with it being so close to sw celebration time-wise... A little too broke to make two trips this year, I think...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I wish we had an adult-sized Battle Cat ride-on for the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    we could just dress someone up as BC and free piggy back rides for everyone!
    I think the best answer is rent a mechanical bull, get some green, yellow, and red paint and fix it up nice.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Probably have to skip on it this year with it being so close to sw celebration time-wise... A little too broke to make two trips this year, I think...
    Sorry to hear that, musclor... you'll be missed, buddy! I'll drink a "he-man" in your honor. But just one.

I hope I have the money to make 2 trips to California.Really wanted to go to SDCC and Power Con this year...Aaaaargh!

Noooo Musculor!! You mean i have to buy all the He-Man drinks this year? That suxx.....try to make it though.....save & then save some more.

I think I WILL be able to come!!! I wasn't sure, but it looks like I can work it out scheduling-wise!

We need a mechanical Battle Cat!

Musclor, you have to come. You have no choice!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Mechanical Battle Cat? Like one of those bulls?

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    PC without musclor just isn't PC.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I have our discount rate information for both the Torrance Marriott South Bay Hotel and SuperShuttle!

Book your room at the Torrance Marriott South Bay today to secure our special rate pricing! You must reserve your room by Thursday, September 6th to receive your discounted Power-Con/ThunderCon rate. Hotel taxes and fees apply. Please adjust your room information on the Marriott site to match your itinerary and room occupancy.

Our special rates:

• Group Code for the $109 Single/Double standard room (1 to 2 people per room):POWPOWA

• Group Code for the $119 Triple standard room (3 people per room): POWPOWB

• Group Code for the $129 Quad standard room (4 people per room): POWPOWC

You can book online at http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/laxtr-torrance-marriott-south-bay/ or via phone by calling Marriott reservations at 1-800-228-9290. Please specify that you are attending the Power-Con/ThunderCon event on September 22nd and 23rd.

But wait, that's not all!

Wondering how you can get from LAX to the hotel? We have secured a 10% discount with Super Shuttle for all Power-Con/ThunderCon attendees! Tips are excluded from the discount.

If you would like to utilize Super Shuttle for your roundtrip from LAX to the Marriott and back, visit this special URL:
    https://www.supershuttle.com/default.aspx?GC=POWER

Follow these steps to complete your reservation with Super Shuttle:

• Fill out the info in the Airport Service menu on the upper left of the screen.

• Select Round Trip (From/To Airport) in the Select Trip Type menu, which is the last one in the list,

• Select Los Angeles Airport (LAX) for the airport,

• Select Hotel / Popular Landmark for Address Type,*for Passengers, enter the number of adults and children and let them know if you need wheelchair access,
      if you used the link above, it will put the Group/Discount Code in for you automatically. If not, the code is POWER then click Next.

• Please click Next on the POWER-CON THUNDERCON notice screen.

• Enter the zipcode of the hotel which is 90503 then click on Search.

• From the list that appears, select Marriot - Torrance using the arrow to the right. Depending on your browser, the hotel may appear on page 2 of the hotel listings

• For FROM the Airport (Arrival flight) Service Type, click on the Book Now button next to Shared Ride Van,
      the TO the Airport (Departure flight) should list Shared Ride Van as only option available on the next screen. Regardless, click on the Book Now button next to Shared Ride Van.

• For the following screens, enter the information relative to yourself.
      They need your flight info for both arrival and departure. Then your name, phone number and the quantity of bags you'll be bringing. And for Payment, enter all the relative payment info.

• Then Review everything and confirm in the final few steps.

• Be sure to print out and bring any required confirmations with you.

We cannot wait to see you at the second annual Power-Con / ThunderCon, September 22-23, 2012! Let the power and thunder RETURN!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I urge everyone to book their room as soon as they can, the hotel does not run your card and as long as you cancel within 24 hours you always have an out. But reserving early (speaking from hotel manager experience) you will get more requests granted (if you want feather pillows, low or high floor, near an elevator, early check-in, etc) and you will be placed in overall better rooms by booking early.

Just don't want anyone to miss out because they think they will have to pay up front, the card is only put in so they have an account to start the reservation under and charge you if you do not cancel and then no-show (which believe me happens plenty)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Markatisu speaks wisdom. Book those rooms, folks! And please spread the word!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Booking done. Looking forward to my first Powercon!
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

So pretty sure Im not going to go this year, still not sure I will "mix" well with the rest of the .ogers lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

...and the room is booked. Looking forward to meeting some of ya'll.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I'll be there again for sure! Thankfully I live fairly locally so I won't need a room. If anyone is on the fence - jump off it and come to PowerCon! You won't regret it!
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Booking done. Looking forward to my first Powercon!
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    ...and the room is booked. Looking forward to meeting some of ya'll.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    So pretty sure Im not going to go this year, still not sure I will "mix" well with the rest of the .ogers lol
    Listen to beastor! GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Already switched out my weekend w/ somebody. My Power Con Fund has been eating up money for savings already. The location sux but what can you do. TAXI!!!
    A friend of mine just came back from a work trip to LA today and said, for the little bit extra it cost ($56 vs $60), it was more than worth it to call a Towncar from a limo service (and he could actually use a credit card to pay, which the cab had issues processing). Obviously it depends on how far you're going, but I'd recommend not disregarding that option right away.

EDIT:

I'm already making plans to try and make it to a couple comic publishers while I'm in town. This trip is starting to get better & better (and I need to find money for it somehow, too).
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

I booked my room. I am flying in on the Thursday and leaving Monday. I liked getting there a day before so I can help out, unwind and just basically extend my fun a bit. I really think people should stay through Sunday and hang out after the Con is over. That was some of the best part of last year.

So, who is wanting to split a room with me this year?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    So, who is wanting to split a room with me this year?
    I'd offer Kinger Khaner but that would be too much Storm Shadow for one room. We'd outshine Powercon!

Besides I am promised to Scotward and without me on the top bunk, it would break his Hulk heart...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; February 10, 2012 at 08:18am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

You are correct. I am sure there is something about the ninja per room occupancy . We'd probably have to pay some sort of deposit..... in the blood of our enemies.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Heads up! One third of our hotel block is already sold out!

It looks like our fellow Eternians, Etherians, and Thundarians are eager to come to the 2nd annual Power-Con / ThunderCon this September!

We've already SOLD OUT of 1/3 of our room block at the Torrance Marriott South Bay Hotel!

Make sure to reserve your room today using our special discounted rate! Details can be found here on how to book your room.

We can't wait to see you in September!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Got the room booked for me, my son, and Vlcan. Can't wait for this! Getting excited already!!!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Wish I had someone to share a room with. Would make it cheaper for me
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I still think we should go in together rent the biggest suite they have and bring sleeping bags , like one big slumber party. Sharing a bathroom would suck though , but a big suite would have more than 1.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    If I compete in August, I'm there. If my coach tells me to wait until October or November, then I'll have to sadly view via interwebs!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I booked my room. I'll have a spare bed if someone wants to split the cost LMK.

My concern is the cost of transportation. My whole life (and 85% of my stuff) is back in Cali, so I'd be flying a week before and staying an indeterminate amount of time. I'd prefer to drive. It certainly more relaxing then flying! Is anyone up for a road trip? I figure the total cost for round trip per person would be $225 assuming we have 5 people and rent a van for a week. It might even cheaper if we just rent it for a day, drive in shifts, return it before the convention and repeat the process to get home. I however would not be on the return home drive. I can guarantee you 4 things;

1: cheaper then flying.
    2: more comfortable.
    3: more fun then flying.
    4: a real opportunity to get to know each other...which could be a good or bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
    I still think we should go in together rent the biggest suite they have and bring sleeping bags , like one big slumber party. Sharing a bathroom would suck though , but a big suite would have more than 1.
    Having done it twice before; once with family, the second with friends I can say the following with total certainty;

HEEEEELZ NOOOO!

Some people are impossible to get along with, and complain about any little thing. Like taking too long in the bathroom, using more then 5 pillows, watching TV at 4 am or that I snore between sleep screaming and farting. What do people want me to stop breathing too?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    IT'S WHERE BUFFY LIVES!! SUNNYDALE!
    While in Cali, I highly recommend that He-fans check out my old backyard vasquez rock!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We need a mechanical Battle Cat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    I think the best answer is rent a mechanical bull, get some green, yellow, and red paint and fix it up nice.
    Mechanical Battle Cat? Like one of those bulls?
    That's actually a good idea. Renting one would be cost prohibitive, but working along side an existing venue might be an option? Lots of clubs have 80's night or only serve the retro kitsch hipster crowd. Perhaps some talented people could donate some time to customize a mechanical bull for the event? Perhaps look into buying an old junked one, restoring it, offering it to a club owner for the weekend and auctioning it off to fund the next years power con?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It might be fun to stay and extra day and go with everyone to Disneyland??
    I'd be down for Dland, but DC fanboys and Roller coaster enthusiasts would prefer Magic Mountain. Universal studio and Knots Berry Farm are also options.

We didn't have a lot of dealers. The ones we did have had choice items. As the con grows, we'll have more and more. The main attraction is all the talent.
    Did anyone have Jewelery, swords & weapons or medieval/fantasy statues? The type of stuff you might see at a renaissance fair. If people are interested I could get some Conan, Thundercats and He-man Swords, some cool fantasy looking display weapons and even high end battle ready historically accurate swords and axes.

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Hopefully there will be more dealers there than last year.
    I might be down to have a space, if people are interested in non MOTU/T-Cats merchandise.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; February 10, 2012 at 03:44pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).