Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (9/19/2012)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (9/19/2012)

Greatrebellion.org

Joni asks: Why was Granamyr given a lower limb articulation, if he can't actually stand on his own?

Matty:To add more articulation. It was that or leave them as solid pieces and at least this is another option for posing. (even if he won’t stand on his own due to his weight). He sits just fine in his “classic pose!”

Jason.Lee.718: Would a line of 1:24 scale diecast hotwheels based on the MOTU vehicles ever be in the works?

Matty:You would need to ask on the Hotwheelscollector.com boards!

Kelly asks: At SDCC all the Mattel employees had shirts with 30th logo on them. Any way that Mattel make them available to us?

Matty:No, these were company shirts. Changes is the official licensor for MOTU shirts for the public.

Sexyunicornbabe asks: Just wanted to know if you knew if the cape on Netossa is going to be made out of the same material as Leech's Horde Net?

Matty: It will be similar.

Arthur asks: Very impressed with Strobo and Jitsu. Any chance of repaints of Jitsu's armor and Strobo's cape to recreate the vintage King Randor look?

Matty: You can just buy the Classics Randor figure we released 2 years ago!
    MOTULA.ORG

It has been stated that Rotar and Twistoid, alongside the other variants, are the last priority unlike the heavy hitters, what's your position with Modulok? He is an Evil Horde heavy hitter, we understood that priority will be given to figures that share a standard mold and shape, so it's interesting to know what's going on with Modulok and also, with Multi-Bot, apparently, 2014 won't have any place for large scale figures (let's hope it's not that way).

If we can do anything past 2013 we will look at hitting as many fan requests as possible and Modulock is definitely a figure fans have been asking for. When and if we will get to him has yet to be announced.

We're familiar to the Eternia and Despondos dimensions, also, with Trolla and Infinita, but which characters come from the nameless dimension? What's in that dimension?

That remains to be seen! Keep reading the bios and mini comics!

Will Fang Man respect the canon given by Filmation? Or he will get a whole new story about his origins and disappearance.

Yes, all the Filmation characters are new bios that were not part of the original bio roll out and were written in respect to the series and their appearance (with some bios continuity sometimes tossed in!)

It has been already said that, the remaining 2013 and 2014, will be about vintage characters and the most popular and demanded from P.o.P, Filmation, N.A, etc. But, what about the characters that, inside those categories, are not that highly demanded but they have fans, such as Tuskador, Spinnerella, Blast-Attak, Dragstor, Perfuma, Double Trouble or Butthead? Is there any chance for those characters to see the light in 2013 or 2014?

It all depends on what fans want. If we get any slots for 2014 and 2015 we will do our best to maximize them with fan requests. Let us know whom the most important characters are to you. Would you rather have Glimmer and Hydron or Tuskador and Spinnerella?

Is there any relation between the Evil Horde and the Space Mutants or between the Space Mutants and Horde Prime? Perhaps the Unnamed One could be Horde Prime? If I get the story correctly, it looks like the mutants are under Horde Prime's orders and that's why He-Man goes to Primus. And, it looks like the Unnamed One is King Hssss', Skeletor's and Hordak's boss, or that those 3 groups, serve the same guy, it's not understood why if he's the boss, he has 3 different armies and he lets them fight each other.

Keep reading the bios and mini comics! We can confirm that the Nameless One is NOT Horde Prime and never was (even in the vintage mini comics)
    Hordak.de

1. So, Geldor won, but Illumina was close. Is there a chance you could mention Illumina in Geldor's bio, maybe making them lifelong rivals or something like this, to officially introduce her into the canon? This would be very cool and a nod to Illumina fans!

No. Geldor's bio was written long ago and does not include any mention of Illumina.

2. You told us that Eldor is not the typical concept figure, because he had a prototype, was ready for mass production and has a history, so he is more likely to be made than for exmple the Wind Raider pilot. Does this also count for Mara and Darius, who both are important for the plot and had prototypes?

A concept figure is someone more like Demo-Man or Vykron based on concept art. All the figures you mentioned appeared in entertainment, had vintage prototypes or appeared in some form of media. They are not "concept art" figures if you will.

3. In the beginning of the line there has been no large-size slots for MotUC. The Star Sisters and Fighting Foe Men are now multi-packs in these slots. Have they been planned this way from the beginning or have they originally been planned as single carded figures on the 2016 roadmap?

Originally the Star Sisters were going to be single releases, but when we added Beast Slots in 2010 we made them a 3 pack. The FFM were not in the original roll out but were added as a "beast/multipack" slot due to high fan demand when we added in beasts/oversized. The addition of the beasts/oversized slot was the largest change to the roadmap form the original plan and allowed us to address fan requests not in the original plan (such as the FFM).

4. WHAT IN THE WORLD is that orb-thing Strobo comes with?

It is from his comic book appearance. A Power Orb.

5. Horde Prime was intended to be the sub figure for 2012 but was replaced with Shadow Weaver. Then he was slotted in June 2012, so one figure must have been bumped out of this year. Can you tell us if this figure is coming in 2013, if it already has been announced and if so, who it is?

No, the figure that was kicked out for Shadow Weaver is not in the 2013 line. This figure was placed into the pre 2013 sub sale 2014 line but now that the roadmap has been thrown out everything is up on the air as we wait to find out how many slots we will get in 2014 and beyond based on the extremely low sell in of the 2013 sub.
    Infinite Hollywood

1. It's been mentioned before that the success of MOTUC sort of caused the road map to be padded out a little bit, but then the road map was adjusted again due to the slow sales on the most recent subscriptions. Is the new road map closer to the original one before the success of the line or is it a whole new list entirely?

There was only ever one road map. It was always intended to deliver the most diverse line up. We added or subtracted or made edits as demand changed over the years (like when we added “beasts/oversized” slots) but there was only ever one road map. Now that prices have gone up beyond what some fans will pay, we are tossing it out in favor of cranking out as many fan requests as possible based on how many slots we get from management.

2. We've seen a variety of weapons packs through the life of MOTUC, is it possible that we might see some bigger items in future ones. Such as a new harness for Gygor or Battle-Cat?

Always possible but nothing is planned right now.

3. One of the things that's been mentioned before is that MOTUC has almost no advertising budget and stuff like that. As the line begins to struggle, is this something that could be worked on? Obviously it couldn't do much this year, but a few well placed ads in some comics or something, might help for next year.

It would be nice, but right now we are putting all of our resources into the figures. We'd rather keep more accessories and paint ops with the figures vs take out print ads which studies have shown do not draw as many customers as samples sent out to sites... It is less expensive for us and gets more eyeballs on the product. Everyone wins!
    Mintconditioncustom.com

Tomtommed asks: Has Matty considered using their website/facebook/twitter, or even just an email, to promote awareness of the new DC MOTU comics?

Yes!

Jeff asks: When can we expect the next batch of reveals for MOTUC and DCIE?

At Power Con and NYCC in Oct.
    MOTUClassics.Com

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: We know the decision regarding the size of the the 2014 MOTU subscription is months off, but will collectors be told once it is finalized or will we have to wait for the panel at SDCC 2013?

We will not have this to announce until close to SDCC 2013 (or at the show more likely)

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: Recent MOTUC figures have been molded in black plastic and then painted over to the match other pieces molded in the proper colors. Is this the “new normal” going forward?

There is no “rule”. It is a design choice on a figure-by-figure basis.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.figures.com/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    MOTUClassics.com
    MOTULA.org
    http://www.preternia.com
    www.mintconditioncustom.com/
    greatrebellion.org

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 19, 2012 at 07:30pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    If we can do anything past 2013 we will look at hitting as many fan requests as possible and Modulock is definitely a figure fans have been asking for. When and if we will get to him has yet to be announced.

It all depends on what fans want. If we get any slots for 2014 and 2015 we will do our best to maximize them with fan requests. Let us know whom the most important characters are to you. Would you rather have Glimmer and Hydron or Tuskador and Spinnerella?

--------

Hmmm, lots of "ifs" in this Q&A, I was under the impression that 2014 was a go but would be smaller(!) - Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Yeah, there's not going to be a 2014 for MOTUC. Already saw that coming, subbed for 2013 anyway (and I subbed while SDCC was still going).
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

--------

Hmmm, lots of "ifs" in this Q&A, I was under the impression that 2014 was a go but would be smaller(!) - Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?
    I'm not quite certain about that. ToyGuru has been saying for a while now that nothing is locked down with 2014. If I recall correctly, even a couple of years ago - 2009, 2010 - when people asked about the subsequent year, TG said that it would happen if management approves it. I'm not taking anything for granted, but hoping for the best.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Oh great, now Scott is doing more scare tactics with the whole "if there are 2014 figures" crap.

I think I am done reading these Q&As already as it is obvious nothing useful is going to come out of them. I bet every site has at least one doom and gloom answer.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

A few points:

- LOVE how Scott is using "now that proves are higher than fans are willing to pay" excuse (Infinite Hollywood). I mean, come on, Scott. Don't do that. We all know that isn't the reason there are less subscriptions.

- The fact that TG is even using "Glimmer" and "Hydron" as examples of unreleased fan favorites is so crazy.

WHY, in nearly 5 years of released/announced figures, are these two characters not already in our collections?!

Seriously... Even if you aren't a pop or NA fan, you can't argue the utter wackiness of that reality.

-Based on my experiences, as a loyal Mattel customer, collecting other lines that TG has managed, I'm going to assume that he is using the threat of "no 2014 or beyond" as a way to keep us from complaining, and to justify a price increase in 2014.

He said there wouldn't be one. Mark my words, there WILL be. He will justify it by referencing all the times he said there might not be a line in 2014, and that he fought tooth and nail to get us six skus for 2014 (and of course they will all be boring vintage motu dregs).

One of TG's default tools as a brand manager is fear. If any of you collect JLU, then you know what I mean.
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 19, 2012 at 02:18pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

--------

Alas...but let's keep hoping until the ship sinks completely.
    but whether it's just a matter of contract renewal "5 years" or just based on the
    2013 down sales,future as i already said doesn't seem so bright.
    let's then cross fingers for a way smaller yearly motuc production as it was told a few weeks ago.

Can someone please point me to a fan site that shows "high fan demand" for the FFM or concept pilots?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pilots appeared, in each case, on one panel of box art from a non-Mattel product 27/28 years ago.

I have not seen one single campaign to get them made, just a SMALL handful of posts over the past few years saying things like, "yeah, the pilots would be cool."

I've seen FAR more demand for:

Illumina

King Hiss's slave girl

The Wind Raider Pilot

ANY AND ALL Great Rebellion ladies

Crita, Mara, and Darius (there's a no-brainer 3-pack)

Rokkon, Stonedar, & Granita (oh, look at that, another no-brainer 3-pack)

Kowl

Shokoti, Lord Masque, & Melaktha (oh, wow, yet ANOTHER No-Fail 3-pack)

Gwildor, Blade, & Saurod (I'm on fire)

So, someone, please, point me to the 5000 or more fans who have been clamoring for the FFM?? Scott demanded 5000 signatures for Illumina. So I assume he needed roughly the same number for the FFM.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Can someone please point me to a fan site that shows "high fan demand" for the FFM or concept pilots?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pilots appeared, in each case, on one panel of box art from a non-Mattel product 27/28 years ago.

I have not seen one single campaign to get them made, just a SMALL handful of posts over the past few years saying things like, "yeah, the pilots would be cool."

Illumina

King Hiss's slave girl

The Wind Raider Pilot

ANY AND ALL Great Rebellion ladies

Crita, Mara, and Darius (there's a no-brainer 3-pack)

Rokkon, Stonedar, & Granita (oh, look at that, another no-brainer 3-pack)

Kowl

Gwildor, Blade, & Saurod (I'm on fire)

So, someone, please, point me to the 5000 or more fans who have been clamoring for the FFM?? Scott demanded 5000 signatures for Illumina. So I assume he needed roughly the same number for the FFM.
    All we've had for the Fighting Foe Men or the Vehicle Pilots were two threads. While fans DID ask for them, it's nowhere near the level of the Star Sisters, Green Goddess, Blonde Bikini Teela or Mosquitor.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Scott just doesn't want to make Illumina. It will NEVER happen. This is an Emiliano character and it is unofficially OFFICIALLY off the record.

And given Scott's response to the black plastic issue, it is pretty obvious Mattel doesn't give a rat's backside what the fans think or want. He said flat out, they don't want to hear fan discussions.

In my short time here, I've also seen more demand for Josh & the warrior in yellow from the rig of war.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Illumina Only in this site methinks... it's more of a Pushed/Shoved one than what the majority of the fanbase wants...

King Hiss's slave girl Who?

The Wind Raider Pilot I say on par...

ANY AND ALL Great Rebellion ladies Those are still coming...

Crita, Mara, and Darius (there's a no-brainer 3-pack) I'm pretty sure those would fare better as singles, besides, any vintage MOTU is way MORE demanded than NA...

Rokkon, Stonedar, & Granita (oh, look at that, another no-brainer 3-pack) I'm sure they are on the list of to do figures...

Kowl TG has already mentioned him as heavy hitter...

Shokoti, Lord Masque, & Melaktha (oh, wow, yet ANOTHER No-Fail 3-pack) Melaktha would be quite lame as a figure... The other two would be better as a two-pack

Gwildor, Blade, & Saurod (I'm on fire) Meh... I don't think these are so demanded...

The reality of things is that the FFM are cool as hell IMO, way cooler than the "Star-Sisters"... who, most fans have been offloading on Ebay since day one and are still warming "e-pegs" for months now...
    Last edited by KUZEH; September 19, 2012 at 05:45pm.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Warrior
    Don't bash Melaktha please. One of my most wanted figures.

I don't understand how anybody could still think this man has our best interests at heart. He's obviously losing interest in the line and as such isn't putting the care into his job that he should.

Glimmer or Spinnerella? Hydron or Tuskador. That's just insulting. I'll give him credit for not putting Glimmer against Mantenna, and Hydron against Modulock, though. That would have caused huge backlash.

Why does he keep saying the sales for 2013 were "extremely low," if they sold 30% more than they needed to in order to continue the line? Sounds to me like 100% would have been needed to ensure a sufficient profit, and they just made 30% more than that as a bonus.

Sales are down, sure. But it does not make good business sense to troll the web branding your product a failure. What DOES make good business sense is to positively promote your product, develop an excellent 2014 line-up, and market the hell out of it.

A smart man would show up at SDCC 2013 and reveal the entire 12 month collection. Scott..won't.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Why does he keep saying the sales for 2013 were "extremely low," if they sold 30% more than they needed to in order to continue the line? Sounds to me like 100% would have been needed to ensure a sufficient profit, and they just made 30% more than that as a bonus.

Sales are down, sure. But it does not make good business sense to troll the web branding your product a failure. What DOES make good business sense is to positively promote your product, develop an excellent 2014 line-up, and market the hell out of it.
    Since the subs were so low, I think TG is trying to prepare the fans for a small figure lineup in 2014.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I don't understand how anybody could still think this man has our best interests at heart. He's obviously losing interest in the line and as such isn't putting the care into his job that he should.

Glimmer or Spinnerella? Hydron or Tuskador. That's just insulting. I'll give him credit for not putting Glimmer against Mantenna, and Hydron against Modulock, though. That would have caused huge backlash.

A smart man would show up at SDCC 2013 and reveal the entire 12 month collection. Scott..won't.
    Great post!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Since the subs were so low, I think TG is trying to prepare the fans for a small figure lineup in 2014.
    Or no line up at all. I think he's just going through the motions so that we don't cancel our credit cards and they can sell the remaining 2013 commitment... and then... Game Over.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Wow... I'm so glad you respect my opinion.

Illumina Only in this site methinks... it's more of a Pushed/Shoved one than what the majority of the fanbase wants...
    Wrong. There were two Facebook groups organized by other fans. There were plenty of people asking for her on the Matty Forums.

And coming in "second" in the Fans' Choice Poll shows that she wasn't "pushed/shoved." People voted however they wanted.

I didn't really make a huge push because I didn't think I could help. But there were a LOT of people asking for that character.

And if you have a lot of people asking for her, how is that "Pushed/Shoved?" It isn't. It is from your perspective. You don't want her? That's totally cool... but your desires and wants aren't always going to align with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH
    King Hiss's slave girl Who?
    Uhm, for such a vintage motu fan, you don't seem to know your stuff... check out the mini-comic that introduces the Snake Men... she's DEFINITELY obscure... but then again at least a million kids owned that mini-comic... how many owned the model kit boxes on which the pilots appear.

ANY AND ALL Great Rebellion ladies Those are still coming...
    Really? I've been hearing that since late 2009. At THIS point, we should already have A-List POP figures like Glimmer, Castaspella, and Angella. 8 out of the 12 montly slots this year are vintage MOTU - Don't get me wrong, I wanted ALL of those characters, and LOVE them.. but releasing that many popular vintage MOTU in one year? That is POOR planning on Scott's part. You might like it, but it has shortened the life of this line.

Crita, Mara, and Darius (there's a no-brainer 3-pack) I'm pretty sure those would fare better as singles, besides, any vintage MOTU is way MORE demanded than NA...
    That is youropinion... but I would bet money that a $75 three-pack of Crita, Mara and Darius would have caused less griping, and been more of a Subscription Lure than a $75 three-pack of characters without any history in the actual vintage MOTU line (they appeared on box art for model kits not produced by Mattel... and most people only became aware of them as adults).

The fact that you consider them more attractive means you likely prefer only vintage MOTU, which is fine (would be kinda boring for me; I like it all). But you can't use your opinion to debunk what I've said here - as my post includes options that would appeal to people who like just about everything that has to do with MOTU - and I think that the bulk of people who subscribe are like that.

Rokkon, Stonedar, & Granita (oh, look at that, another no-brainer 3-pack) I'm sure they are on the list of to do figures...
    A lot of good that did for sales of the 2013 subscription. All of these incredible characters that are "coming soon" or are "on the list of most-wanteds" - what good do they do sitting in limbo? A three pack of the Rock Warriors would have KILLED... it would have sold more Subscriptions.

Kowl TG has already mentioned him as heavy hitter...
    So then why, after 4.5 years is he not in anyone's collection? Yeah yeah, he's a unique tooled figure... whatever... Mattel isn't a mom & pop store... invest in the line. I'm tired of hearing how expensive things are when I'm paying over $30 after shipping and tax, and will be paying far more than that next year.

Melaktha would be quite lame as a figure... The other two are POP heavy-hitters...
    I'll thank you not to insult all the people that DO want Melaktha - an important character in the Shokoti story... and a character who could be released with cool Filmation-based Eternian artifacts, as he's an archaeologist.

More importantly, are you just not that familiar with MOTU?? Shokoti and Lord Masque are, at this point, legendary fan-requested characters from the Filmation HE-MAN cartoon... I would have thought, by now, that we all knew who they were and where they came from.

Gwildor, Blade, & Saurod (I'm on fire) Meh... I don't think these are so demanded...
    Right.

The reality of things is that the FFM are cool as hell IMO, way cooler than the "Star-Sisters"... who, most fans have been offloading on Ebay since day one and are still warming "e-pegs" for months now...
    No... your opinion is that they are "cool as hell." But I never said they weren't cool. I asked where the fan demand was. Just because Scott says something doesn't make it true. And in this case, there was very very little fan-demand for a $75 3-pack like that. In fact, the only pilot that has had a lot of fan-demand is the Wind Raider pilot... and he didn't make the pack...

As for your antagonistic Star Sisters jab... please try to get over it. A lot of collectors liked them, or ended up liking them... and there was FAR more demand for the Star Sisters than the pilots...
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 19, 2012 at 05:00pm.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Sorry. I dont understand the hate for the 3 vehicle drivers. (Still cant call them FFM, sorry TG). I have wanted these guys for YEARS now and they look AMAZING. The Talon Fighter Pilot alone looks like he walked of the package from the 80's! Whats not to like?
    And I love He-Man.Org, I have been trolling this place for years. But it is not the end all/be all for He-Man fans. TG could be talking about fan demand via letters and cards from decades ago for all we know. (now wheres my Goat Man dagnummit)

*EDIT* Keep in mind I loved the Star Sisters, and still hope we see Rokkon AND Stondar. I just know that people have wanted these Monogram Pilots for years.
    Last edited by NastyNate; September 19, 2012 at 04:58pm.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    TG could be talking about fan demand via letters and cards from decades ago for all we know.
    I get what you're saying, but the idea that they're basing what choices they make in the current line on fan requests from people who bought a different MOTU line decades ago, doesn't make much sense. There's no proof that people who sent in a letter in the 1980's are buying the MOTUC line. In that sort of scenario, it's probably better to go with the people who are actually subscribed to the CURRENT toy line. Many of whom expressed displeasure over the FFM.

Again, I do get your point, but your example is a bit outta whack in thinking.

And, again, NO ONE is saying that the FFM set is bad or stupid. No one really hates it.

Many of us just don't understand why this set was used as a Subscription lure, whent there are countless other options that would have lured people, as opposed to dissuade... and yes, a lot of people were turned off by the $75 3-pack of characters they didn't know.

I'm playing devil's advocate... I want the set. I would have preferred a different 3-pack, but I won't be selling mine.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    I get what you're saying, but the idea that they're basing what choices they make in the current line on fan requests from people who bought a different MOTU line decades ago, doesn't make much sense. There's no proof that people who sent in a letter in the 1980's are buying the MOTUC line. In that sort of scenario, it's probably better to go with the people who are actually subscribed to the CURRENT toy line. Many of whom expressed displeasure over the FFM.

Again, I do get your point, but your example is a bit outta whack in thinking.
    Wait a minute? You mean that letter I wrote Mattel via red crayon in 1985 wasnt the only reason they made a King Randor? CRAP IN A HAT.
    LOL, no I get exactly what you mean. Silly example sure, but these guys have been talked about/fan demanded alot throughout the years.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post

Illumina was less shoved down than Spector and Laser-Lot... She lost to Geldor by 20-something or 3-something votes... How is that Shoved?

KHSlave girl: Yeah, she's obscure! About as obscure as Procrustus and we're getting him!

WR Pilot: I say, slightly more wanted than the Monogram Pilots...

TGR girls: But didn't TG say that they had to shrink the chosen girls to Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, and Mermista? That leaves out a bunch of TGR ladies

NA 3 Pack: It would have sold for 2 reasons: 3 most wanted NA characters that did not get toys in the past... It wouldn't be an insanely fast sell-out, but even Vintage Figures can be slow sellers (like Hurricane Hordak)

Shokoti, Lord Masque and Melaktha are MOTU, not POP! and they(shokoti and Masque) are more demanded than Fang Man! Sure, Melaktha can be a bit tougher to sell, since he's basically a talking head, but that hasn't stopped Mattel from selling us Marlena, Filmation Randor, Granamyr...

Kowl: He's still missing and nowhere to be seen on TG's POP list! So much for being a heavy hitter... (His body could be reused on Odiphus)

The Movie Trio: TBH They're more requested than the Monogram Pilots, and some of the remaining characters... Sure, I'm not a Saurod fan, but he's been requested and completes a faction!

Now, the FFM may "look cool" but if they were so demanded, why did the subs went down for 2013 instead of up? The "Pegwarming Sisters" sold out in 2 days... If they were so unwanted, wouldn't they have stayed for weeks on Matty?
    We'll see on 2013 if the FFM were better than the Star Sisters...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'll thank you not to insult all the people that DO want Melaktha - an important character in the Shokoti story... and a character who could be released with cool Filmation-based Eternian artifacts, as he's an archaeologist.
    Wow, expressing an opinion that a figure may be lame is insulting people?