Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2012: September 22 & 23 (Tickets Now On Sale!)

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar

Power-Con 2012: September 22 & 23 (Tickets Now On Sale!)

The Power-Con / ThunderCon Convention Returns!

Please click here for Hotel reservation info!

Experience the worlds of He-Man®, She-Ra™, and the ThunderCats™ brought together for one convention this September 2012!

Three of the 1980s most blockbuster properties are once again joining forces for their second annual fan convention. POWER-CON / THUNDERCON 2012 -- a celebration of Masters of the Universe, Princess of Power, and ThunderCats all together for one great fan convention.

The convention is being presented at the Torrance Marriott South Bay Hotel in Torrance, California on September 22nd and 23rd 2012.

The hotel is located about 10 miles south of the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).

Last year’s inaugural event was a hit with the fans of these properties, which presented two days worth of panels featuring talent that brought He-Man, She-Ra, and ThunderCats to life. “…the convention had a lot to offer fans. Panels focused on the big names in both Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats history,” said LAWeekly’s Liz Ohaneslan.

Power-Con / ThunderCon 2012 will be releasing more information soon including discounted room information, volunteer and exhibitor registration, ticket prices, guest lists, and detailed programming. What we can tell you now is the convention will once again be presenting an electrifying list of panels, an impressive exhibitor and collectible showroom, a wonderful charity auction, exclusive “Roast Gooble Dinner” Dinner event where lucky fans get to dine with the talent, and a “Masters Cast” After-Hours Mixer for fans to meet, mingle, and enjoy in fandom merriment.

To have the power as soon as possible, make sure to follow the convention:
    facebook.com/ThePowerCon
    facebook.com/ThunderCon
    Twitter: @ThePowerCon & @TheThunderCon
    The official Power-Con/ThunderCon website:
    http://www.thepower-con.com

This convention is not sponsored by, or affiliated with Mattel, Inc., Classic Media, Inc. or Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Where the heck is Torrance CA?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I want to go to there.

Sadly, I likely won't be able to attend... (Baby's on the way, and traveling will be unlikely. Maybe Year 3...) (Somebody snag me some goodies, though, and a-ahem-TOD Sorceress?)

Have fun to all who do go though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The hotel is located about 10 miles south of the Los Angeles International Airport.

Are there airport shuttles?

HAHAHAHA

was just wondering that too
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I can't wait.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I'm going to start saving now. I really don't want to miss Power-Con. I'm still ticked about not going last year!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Here's hoping (re: airport shuttle) - it was so wonderfully simple not having to rent a car for last year. POWER CON was amazing. I can't wait for this again!
    Last edited by PaTrIcKfOgArTy; January 20, 2012 at 11:04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Are there airport shuttles?

HAHAHAHA

was just wondering that too
    i just checked it out, brian, and the website says "this hotel does not offer shuttle service." huge bummer.
    there's a mention of a "super shuttle" that's $16 one-way and says reservation is required (???), and then a mention of bus service (for $3.50 one way).
    i'm ignorant... how would one figure out the proper way to get on a bus from the airport with his luggage, that would get him to this correct hotel?
    (must say, i REALLY liked the direct simplicity of the hotel it was at last year)
    *sigh*

Already switched out my weekend w/ somebody. My Power Con Fund has been eating up money for savings already. The location sux but what can you do. TAXI!!!
    Last edited by Vlcan; January 21, 2012 at 02:49pm.

Aaaand my vacation time is booked!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Very exciting! I had a great time last year. It'll be nice to spend time with the .org friends I made last year.

On a side note who will be going to Wonder Con, in Anaheim (across from Disneyland) this year?
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Wa-hoo!!!!!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Woo Hoo! I'm there. Again.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    Can't wait to go and this time I'm bringing more friends.

I will definitely be going back this year
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 21, 2012 at 07:38am.

Yay! Can't wait! Is this official? Should we start scouting for cheap airfare and buy if we find a good deal?

Sucks about the shuttle that was convenient, but on the other hand this hotel looks classier

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Yay! Can't wait! Is this official?
    This is Power-Con's official announcement, yes. September 22 and 23rd, hope to see you there!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I'm hoping to make the trip again this year. Hope to see y'all there!

I hope I can afford to go this year, I enjoyed the first one and Im hoping to have even more fun at the 2nd one. That is unless I am on too many peoples hit lists lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

a Muppet of a man...
    Gonna start savin' my pennies now. The first one was a lot of fun... looking forward to doing it again! Thanks for the update, Shadow!

I can't believe folks have already reserved hotel rooms. That's awesome, BUT...
    If you are thinking about doing that, please hold off on the hotel for just a bit.

The Power-Con/ThunderCon discounted room rate at the Torrance Marriott South Bay will be 109.00 a night for single or double occupancy, 119.00 a night for triple occupancy and 129.00 a night for quadruple occupancy.

The hotel will be providing us a link where you can reserve directly online. We’ll have that reservation info posted soon!

Heroic Warrior
    IT'S WHERE BUFFY LIVES!! SUNNYDALE!

LOL, when I saw Torrance that is all I can think of.

It's about 1/2 hour from LA and about 1/2 hour from Anaheim (Disneyland).

If you are a Buffy fan, make sure you check out Buffy's house - where they filmed the exteriors, at least. Just don't be a nuisance, but I don't think the current owners mind if you drive by and take a pic. The house # is 1313, LOL, which I find very amusing. I won't post the exact address here - but it's very easy to find online (I think it might even be on Wikipedia). It's very funny, but there are two palm trees - one on each side of the house - that I never, ever noticed watching the show. They sort of filmed around them, but now I spot them all the time off to the side or in the background.

Just around the corner is Torrance High, which was which they used as Sunnydale High, and also doubled as West Beverly in 90210 (the old one) and many other shows. I love the fact that it's near the house - if it had really been Sunnydale, Buffy could have totally realistically walked home from school.

Was really one of the big highlights of my last trip to LA.

No idea what I am doing in September, but as of right now I am going again.

Hope I can make it! It's right around the time I was mulling over a trip to the UK though, too. So we'll see how it all shakes out. SLIGHTLY bummed the hotel won't be as amazingly easy to access from the airport, but that seems a minor hurdle and I'm sure that was taken into account when the new locale was chosen.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest