Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2012: September 22 & 23 (Tickets Now On Sale!)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    i just checked it out, brian, and the website says "this hotel does not offer shuttle service." huge bummer.
    there's a mention of a "super shuttle" that's $16 one-way and says reservation is required (???), and then a mention of bus service (for $3.50 one way).
    i'm ignorant... how would one figure out the proper way to get on a bus from the airport with his luggage, that would get him to this correct hotel?
    (must say, i REALLY liked the direct simplicity of the hotel it was at last year)
    *sigh*
    Thank you for checking!! That $3.50 bus sounds great LOL. I have friends in the area, maybe I'll ask for a favor... I don't drive, but I wouldn't want to rent a car anyway.

I was checking the area and it sounds like there is a lot of fun stuff around the hotel. Beach, huge mall, parks. That's nice

It might be fun to stay and extra day and go with everyone to Disneyland??

I find out next week if I can go. I have a callback for a show that may cancel my SDCC plans AND Power Con It will also cancel my already planned 4th of July family week in the Outerbanks of NC. I want the job but I want a LIFE too ;(

The Power Con dates are the second to last week of the show, so I can probably get out of it, and have an understudy cover. I hope
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I want to go this year! I think my wife will be supportive if I can save some money. I have a good friend who lives in Burbank so I might be able to stay with him and make him drive me everywhere!

Yep, it was a trade off. Getting near an airport is always a plus, but not always in the cards as many of you know from attending other conventions. This ended up being the right place with the right size for the show that wasn't going to end up being more expensive for everyone on all fronts. Even with the Super Shuttle round trip cost, it's the best deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Thank you for checking!! That $3.50 bus sounds great LOL. I have friends in the area, maybe I'll ask for a favor... I don't drive, but I wouldn't want to rent a car anyway.

I was checking the area and it sounds like there is a lot of fun stuff around the hotel. Beach, huge mall, parks. That's nice

It might be fun to stay and extra day and go with everyone to Disneyland??

I find out next week if I can go. I have a callback for a show that may cancel my SDCC plans AND Power Con It will also cancel my already planned 4th of July family week in the Outerbanks of NC. I want the job but I want a LIFE too ;(

The Power Con dates are the second to last week of the show, so I can probably get out of it, and have an understudy cover. I hope

Why yes you do have friends in the area, I'll probably be goin so hit me up for a ride.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I'm 30 mins way from the venue... How can i NOT go!!!
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

I know saw something about a bundle package for the hotel when will that be up. I really want to go.

Count me again this year for sure!

I had a great time last year. Power-Con was a refreshing alternative to the chaos and crazyness of ComicCon.
    I would like to volunteer once again this year, if needed.

I just checked for airfare it will be way to expensive. I was gonna go sat morning and leave Sunday afternoon. But it will be like $600 for airfare. This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I just checked for airfare it will be way to expensive. I was gonna go sat morning and leave Sunday afternoon. But it will be like $600 for airfare. This sucks.
    just wait...there will be a deal on airfare at some point before the con.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    just wait...there will be a deal on airfare at some point before the con.
    ^This.
    I find the best time to get good airfare deals is 2 or 3 months out from your travel dates. Heck sometimes even closer.
    Most airlines don't have all their flights mapped out until then as well. So I'd hold off for certain.

cool news! i hope to be there this year

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

My wife wants to buy a house this year so we have to save...
    I wonder how much the whole trip would cost me...?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

If I could get airfare for less ill go. Ill wait a bit and check back. I really want to go

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Gonna start savin' my pennies now. The first one was a lot of fun... looking forward to doing it again!
    I'm sharing a room with you, Scooter! I get the top bunk, though!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkslipx84 View Post
    I'm 30 mins way from the venue... How can i NOT go!!!
    Me to! I live in Lakewood. But I work at little company of mary hospital that is literally within walking distance of the convention center. I do this commute 4 times a week already!!

Great location Val!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I'm hoping to make it this year since I won't be going to SDCC. I think I'll be able to use airline miles for the flight too. Now I just need to figure out which day to arrive and when to head back.

I only go to SDCC to see comic pros I know and/or work with, to see the Mattel display, go to Matty Palooza, and to do the Org get-together. That's it. I'm hoping we'll be doing more for Divination and some of my upcoming books at SDCC. But, if I wasn't working in comics, I probably wouldn't go to SDCC any more in favor of Power-Con.

SDCC is an amazing show if you enjoy the giant mixed media experience. There's a lot there in which to partake. But if you're like me, SDCC is just too darn expensive if you don't go to absorb the entire show.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I am STOKED for Power-Con again! My favorite convention of the year by far! I'll definitely be there helping out again.

On the airfare thing, I was looking up ticket prices over the weekend, and they are HIGH right now! So I'll definitely be waiting a bit to buy. Right now they are more expensive than the tickets I bought last year, and I bought those a mere few weeks before the convention.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I am STOKED for Power-Con again! My favorite convention of the year by far! I'll definitely be there helping out again.

On the airfare thing, I was looking up ticket prices over the weekend, and they are HIGH right now! So I'll definitely be waiting a bit to buy. Right now they are more expensive than the tickets I bought last year, and I bought those a mere few weeks before the convention.
    Same here, right now they are almost 2x what I paid last year for both our tickets. I bought my airline tickets in July so I will probably look then
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I probably won't by mine either until around July.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Sigh, im really thinking of setting some money aside from my bonus, but man its some major $$$ flying from GA to CA and paying for a hotel for at least 2 nights and all the money ill end up spending at the show lol

I have no idea how the over seas guys can swing, but I really want to be a part of the show every year, i think this could really turn into something very cool. well even cooler then it is now
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Maybe treat it as a vacation?
    You could maybe rent a car and do some site-seeing around Los Angeles.

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I'm sharing a room with you, Scooter! I get the top bunk, though!
    Darn it, I should'a called dibs early! Oh well. Bring your Capt. America shield, I'll bring my Hulk Hands. We'll build a fort outta the hotel furniture and play Avengers.

its LA, just some other neighborhood, and its actually very close to the old mattel headquaters on hawthorne blvd, who cares right?!

its a quick 15 minute ride from the airport, and sorry, NO free shuttles available, take a cab, drive ur rental, hitch hike or walk
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I'm there, dude.