Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2012: September 22 & 23 (Tickets Now On Sale!)

Looking forward to another power-con for sure.

Ill wait till july as well then. Im only gonna go sat morning to sun afternoon. I wish this came out a week ago. I put in for my vaca picks already.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Darn it, I should'a called dibs early! Oh well. Bring your Capt. America shield, I'll bring my Hulk Hands. We'll build a fort outta the hotel furniture and play Avengers.
    Cool, then we can get CarKrash to come along in his Thor suit! And we can staple Coca-Cola aluminum cans to Count Marzo and he can be Iron Man. Now all we need is a Black Widow and a Hawkeye. Well, we can get wolfsfang and his Naruto stars to be Hawkeye. Hmmm...I got it! Sandman can play the Black Widow! Avengers Assemble!

Edit: wolfsfang hates Hawkeye so now he'll be playing Beast. We'll just dye his entire body by dipping him in blue house paint and have him wearing glasses. So the cast for the Revengers is:

Benedict Judas Hel as Captain Un-American
    Scotward as The Not-So-Credible Sculk
    CarKrash as Thar
    Sandman as The Brown Widow
    Count Marzo as The Vincible Aluminum Man
    wolfsfang as The Beastly
    Shenlon as the Non-Black Tabby
    kevin as Klar (evil klone of Thar)
    TechTrek as Trekeye (The Wall-eyed Archer)
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 25, 2012 at 02:38pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Court Magician
    Hey all! Hopefully we'll be coming over from the UK for Power-Con this year!

Whoop Whoop!

Darn it, I should'a called dibs early! Oh well. Bring your Capt. America shield, I'll bring my Hulk Hands. We'll build a fort outta the hotel furniture and play Avengers.
    now i want in on THIS! (i've got a Mighty Thor Hammer!) lol.

Yeah guys, the trick to lower price tickets is waiting.
    The ticket prices go lower as the date of the flight gets near. The reason is that the airline wants to fill each seat on the plane. If it gets near the time of the flight and the plane is not sold out, they drop the price. They would rather sell a seat at low cost, than have an empty seat.

As for SDCC, I quit going 3 years ago. I mean I loved going there and went every year since 93.
    But it just got to a point that it just was more of a bother than an enjoyment.
    You can hardly move inside, you would have to pick up a ticket one day to buy an exclusive figure the next day, the line to get in went all the way back to the park and took 3 hours to get inside and last time I went, security treated me like dirt.

I mean, I am sure some people would just say that SDCC got big and I should be happy for SDCC.
    But the thing is, sometimes things can get too big. I mean what fun is it when you have to squeeze through an endless crowed of people to move around.

I love Power-Con/Thunder-Con!
    Sure it's small right now and I am very sure it will become big over time.
    But the thing about Power-Con is that it has the refreshing friendly atmosphere yet, what SDCC had a decade ago.
    There is no one fighting, pushing, or yelling at each other, heck no security was there and there were no incidents, the guest talent are so friendly they treat you like family and the vendors are all org people and were all really nice.
    This is the way a con should be done.

So No I won't be going to SDCC, but I will go to the Org Get Together for sure.
    I will Definitely be going to Power-Con/Thunder-Con this year and will be sad to see it move out of California next year as I can not afford to even fly out to Colorado to see my Sister, but I will be happy for everyone out on the East coast, who may not be able to fly here, that will be able to attend and share in the awesomeness of the Power-Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Mye-Kah B View Post

As for SDCC, I quit going 3 years ago. I mean I loved going there and went every year since 93.
    But it just got to a point that it just was more of a bother than an enjoyment.
    You can hardly move inside, you would have to pick up a ticket one day to buy an exclusive figure the next day, the line to get in went all the way back to the park and took 3 hours to get inside and last time I went, security treated me like dirt.

I mean, I am sure some people would just say that SDCC got big and I should be happy for SDCC.
    But the thing is, sometimes things can get too big. I mean what fun is it when you have to squeeze through an endless crowed of people to move around.

I love Power-Con/Thunder-Con!
    Sure it's small right now and I am very sure it will become big over time.
    But the thing about Power-Con is that it has the refreshing friendly atmosphere yet, what SDCC had a decade ago.
    There is no one fighting, pushing, or yelling at each other, heck no security was there and there were no incidents, the guest talent are so friendly they treat you like family and the vendors are all org people and were all really nice.
    This is the way a con should be done.

So No I won't be going to SDCC, but I will go to the Org Get Together for sure.
    I will Definitely be going to Power-Con/Thunder-Con this year and will be sad to see it move out of California next year as I can not afford to even fly out to Colorado to see my Sister, but I will be happy for everyone out on the East coast, who may not be able to fly here, that will be able to attend and share in the awesomeness of the Power-Con!
    I agree 100 percent!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Very exciting! I had a great time last year. It'll be nice to spend time with the .org friends I made last year.
    Group costume anyone?

You gonna sport a costume? If so, what will you wear, if I may ask?

Oh, everyone.
    I got a 10% discount for the con for Super Shuttle. Every dollar counts, right?
    When we post the hotel reservation link, I'll post that Super Shuttle Power-Con/ThunderCon discount reservation link too for folks who want to go ahead and reserve their round trip shuttle fair.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Just saw this and thought I'd post since we're discussing air fare:

http://www.newser.com/story/138102/b...off-study.html
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

Oh, everyone.
    I got a 10% discount for the con for Super Shuttle. Every dollar counts, right?
    When we post the hotel reservation link, I'll post that Super Shuttle Power-Con/ThunderCon discount reservation link too for folks who want to go ahead and reserve their round trip shuttle fair.
    much obliged, Mr. Staples! yes, every dollar DOES count, and honestly i'm just more encouraged by your post making it seem the super shuttle reservation thing will apparently be more straight-forward and simple than i'd feared. cool. (as you can tell, i'm gearing up for the intention of returning this year) quite excited!

Same weekend as the Cincinnati Comic Expo, so I'm out.

Maybe next year, if it's a little closer (read: anywhere not on the west coast).

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post

Excellent info!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    much obliged, Mr. Staples! yes, every dollar DOES count, and honestly i'm just more encouraged by your post making it seem the super shuttle reservation thing will apparently be more straight-forward and simple than i'd feared. cool. (as you can tell, i'm gearing up for the intention of returning this year) quite excited!
    Online is pretty easy. Don't do this now!
    I'll post this same info on the Power-Con/ThunderCon site.

You want to make this reservation after you have booked your flight, and are pretty certain how many bags you'll be bringing with you.

But so you get familiar with the process,
    Go to the Super Shuttle site,
    and fill out the info in the Book a Ride menu on the upper left of the screen.
    Select Round Trip (From/To Airport) in the Select Trip Type menu, which is the last one in the list,
    Select the Airport you are flying into which is probably Los Angeles Airport (LAX),
    Select Hotel / Popular Landmark for Address Type,
    for Passengers, enter the number of adults and children and let them know if you need wheelchair access,
    if you used the link on the Power-Con/ThunderCon site, it will put the Group/Discount Code in for you automatically.
    then click Next.

Enter the zipcode of the hotel which is 90503 then click on Go.
    From the list that appears, select Marriot - Torrance,
    then click Next.

For FROM the Airport (Arrival flight) Service Type, select Shared Ride Van,
    the TO the Airport (Departure flight) should automatically select the same service. If not, please select Shared Ride Van as well,
    click Next at the bottom.

For the following screen, you enter the information relative to yourself.
    In step 3 Details, they need your flight info for both arrival and departure. Then your name, phone number and the quantity of bags you'll be bringing.
    In step 4 Payment, enter all the relative payment info.
    Then Review everything in Step 4 and confirm.

Be sure to print out and bring any required confirmations with you
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

now i want in on THIS!
    Really? After reading Benny's post, I think I'm looking for a way out of it!

Glad to see your entertaining the notion of making it out again!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Really? After reading Benny's post, I think I'm looking for a way out of it!
    No way, Scooter! Once a Revenger, always a Revenger! You're in it...4 Life!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Can I play dress up too ?

How about the very fat and not black panther ?

I can't wait! I'm more excited about this than comic-con. At least I can actually get passes to this.

Me and CocoaSmooth were throwing around the idea of being Fisto and Jitsu. I think my wife is gonna sport her Catra costume again.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
    Can I play dress up too ?

How about the very fat and not black panther ?
    Sure! How about...

Shenlon as the Non-Black Tabby!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I might go dressed as Mo-Larr.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    let's play nWo dress-up benny-h! ...

i got dibs on buff bagwell! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    let's play nWo dress-up benny-h! ...

i got dibs on buff bagwell! ...
    Oh, really? And why is that exactly, T-Mac?

now i want in on THIS! (i've got a Mighty Thor Hammer!) lol.
    Okay! But since Carkrash is already Thar, you get to be his evil klone, Klar! Just wear a red eye patch and bingo! Instant cyborg!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 24, 2012 at 02:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hope we see more costumes this year. Costumes are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post

Nice thanks. I really want to get there and finally put the faces to the words.

Hey Val will the hotel reservations stay up untill the con or are they only up for a certain time. I wanna get a flight first if not I'm sleeping on your floor. . I'll buy breakfast.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Nice thanks. I really want to get there and finally put the faces to the words.

Hey Val will the hotel reservations stay up untill the con or are they only up for a certain time. I wanna get a flight first if not I'm sleeping on your floor. . I'll buy breakfast.
    Not sure about the specifics (Val would know) but I ran a Hotel for 3 years and with group reservations they pretty much stay open till a few weeks before the event. And then they are never really closed (unless there is a big event going on like Superbowl/Playoffs/Conferences), you would just need to speak to the Reservations Manager instead of the reservationist who picks up the phone. I know we booked last years Power-Con reservation in August sometime
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

........ OMG!SQUEE!I'MSOEXCITED!I'VENEVERBEENMOREEXCITED!.. .exceptforthetimeIwent*gasp* Look forward to seeing you guys there!
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!