Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2012: September 22 & 23 (Tickets Now On Sale!)

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Not sure about the specifics (Val would know) but I ran a Hotel for 3 years and with group reservations they pretty much stay open till a few weeks before the event.
    Yep, Mark is correct. They'll be open up until a few weeks out from the con.
    BUT, it's a nice hotel and they only have so many rooms that we can block out for the show. I don't think we'll hit the max on the block. but, if you know you are going, I would still reserve your room early when the reservation link is posted just to be safe if you plan to stay in the hotel of the convention (which I recommend).

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Yep, Mark is correct. They'll be open up until a few weeks out from the con.
    BUT, it's a nice hotel and they only have so many rooms that we can block out for the show. I don't think we'll hit the max on the block. but, if you know you are going, I would still reserve your room early when the reservation link is posted just to be safe if you plan to stay in the hotel of the convention (which I recommend).
    Yeah I agree, remember with most hotels booking early does NOT charge your card (they don't even authorize it) and as long as you cancel more than 3 days before your reservation you won't be charged. It really does not hurt to make the reservation.

I would also caution against using other hotels, I mean I know that sometimes other hotels are cheaper but my general experience with any convention/conference is that its best to stay where its being held.

You can rest between panels, you have a place to store your goods without having to carry them all day and you don't risk missing out on improptu Org activities.

Plenty of people miss out on org pizza parties or get togethers because they happen unannounced at the end of the night, if you are there in the hotel you won't

So don't miss out reserve your room for the Org!!

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    You gonna sport a costume? If so, what will you wear, if I may ask?
    Adam_Prince of Eternia, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Me and CocoaSmooth were throwing around the idea of being Fisto and Jitsu. I think my wife is gonna sport her Catra costume again.
    ok, seriously, the two of you would be PERFECT as fisto and jitsu... i can picture it, and it's awesome... you MUST do this! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Okay! But since Carkrash is already Thar, you get to be his evil klone, Klar! Just wear a red eye patch and bingo! Instant cyborg!
    evil cyborg thor clone! awesome... i think if i were vampiric too, it'd be complete 8-year-old-awesome! lol. (i'll still have a spot on the revengers, though?... an EVIL spot?)

For those of you that went last year, were there a lot of dealer tables? I'm already discussing going with my wife.

We didn't have a lot of dealers. The ones we did have had choice items. As the con grows, we'll have more and more. The main attraction is all the talent.

I usually don't dress up at conventions, but I may dress up as 87' Blade for this one.

Here's a new acquisition that may make an appearance at Power-Con 2012...

He-ManPowerTester.jpg

I will have to get it working so we can see who has the Power!

that thing is ridiculously awesome, Josh!
    (one thing i LOVE about collecting MOTU is the myriad of licensed stuff that's out there!)

Josh, that thing is absolutely fabulous!

I agree with Val. The vendors there were awesome. I got my 2001 SDCC exclusive He-Man statue there!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Josh, that thing is absolutely fabulous!

I agree with Val. The vendors there were awesome. I got my 2001 SDCC exclusive He-Man statue there!
    Yeah I was pretty content with the vendors, I dropped ~500-600, mostly on art and loose figures I was missing/wanting to upgrade

I am in the middle of getting orders together for a bunch of art supplies to bring to sell, toploaders for art prints,boards/bags for cels, sketchbooks/cards, comic and magazine bags/boards, etc.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Hopefully there will be more dealers there than last year. And another P&H book. *crosses fingers*

Seriously if you didn't go last year, you need to make it this year. It's the 30th! C'mon!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Van Pelt View Post

He-ManPowerTester.jpg

Pure awesomeness!

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    On the airfare thing, I was looking up ticket prices over the weekend, and they are HIGH right now! So I'll definitely be waiting a bit to buy. Right now they are more expensive than the tickets I bought last year, and I bought those a mere few weeks before the convention.
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Same here, right now they are almost 2x what I paid last year for both our tickets. I bought my airline tickets in July so I will probably look then
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    If I could get airfare for less ill go. Ill wait a bit and check back. I really want to go
    Lucky me gets FREE round-trip airline tickets from a friend that works for an airline. Now I just need to decide between going to Power-Con 2012 or New York City
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Power-Con celebrating 30 years of MOTU only happens once. NYC will be there year after year. That's my theory anyway.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    evil cyborg thor clone! awesome... i think if i were vampiric too, it'd be complete 8-year-old-awesome! lol. (i'll still have a spot on the revengers, though?... an EVIL spot?)
    Of course, you'll have a spot. But we're all evil on the Revengers...except maybe Scooter. He's more dopey than evil. As for a vampiric cyborg, that just means you drink motor oil. Yes?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Power-Con celebrating 30 years of MOTU only happens once. NYC will be there year after year. That's my theory anyway.
    VERY true! I am REALLY excited about the 30th anniversary, especially since I didn't get to experience the vintage toys when the line started. I missed out on so much.

But I am also a HUGE Lifelong Yankees fan and have to consider how close Derek Jeter might be to retiring. He is MR. Yankee and I really want to see him play before he retires. I was lucky enough to get to see the Yankees and Jorge Posada come to play the Cincinnati Reds last year before he retired, BUT Jeter was hurt and didn't play .

Nonetheless, I am seriously contemplating Power-Con. Gotta talk to the wife
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; January 25, 2012 at 10:11am.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

So i keep going back and forth on going this year or not.

Its a good bit of money, but its the 30th for MOTU and 10th for 200X, it was amazing seeing all the talent last year.

Im just worried some of the "friends" ive made here, may try and take out my knee or something lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Im just worried some of the "friends" ive made here, may try and take out my knee or something lol

but how many folks have you ever met in person that are ever like you imagined them to be from their posts?
    I wouldn't worry at all (if that's an actual concern and not a joke)

but how many folks have you ever met in person that are ever like you imagined them to be from their posts?
    I wouldn't worry at all (if that's an actual concern and not a joke)
    nah its more of joke, im just trying to talk myself out of spending the $$ lol

I wish i was closer, id love to help out with the show, seems like a lot of the fun was set up night, but not much help way out here in GA lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...

I am exactly the person from all my posts *cracking his knuckles in anticipation of running into Prince Val-ium on the streets*
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm toying around with trying to go this year. It would be a trip for me (I'm in NC) but it would be fun. I don't really (personally) know anyone that's going to be there, but it would definitely be a good way to meet some fellow fans. I'll discuss this with my wife- most of the conferences I go to are not as fun as this one sounds.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Van Pelt View Post

He-ManPowerTester.jpg

Wow!! Just when you thought you have collected/seen it all, something like that comes along. Never seen one of those, any more info on it!!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I am exactly the person from all my posts *cracking his knuckles in anticipation of running into Prince Val-ium on the streets*
    Shouldn't you be doing your ballistic arm stretches instead? I'm not sure you need to crack your knuckles in preparation for all those hugs you want to give me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I'm toying around with trying to go this year.
    Come! Join the party!

master of hiphop
    All i have to say.. is... Damn it..hahahah i so wish i was going.. maybe New York..

Ya'll have fun and take lots of pics!!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html